AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2020 at 11:03 PM, Locked Down said:

Moving forward from AG's next, and final, update to OC 0.6.5, if you want to update your own config.plist then you can use THIS tool to list changes that you need to make to your config file. You just drag your current config file and the new sample.plist file when asked at the appropriate place in the running terminal window. The tool will then list any new fields you need to add or remove or change in your config. Very simple to use and it makes sure you don't miss anything.

If it's stable, can you share your config.plist (just like AG did, with removal of the serial and mobo numbers of course)?

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

If it's stable, can you share your config.plist (just like AG did, with removal of the serial and mobo numbers of course)?

Cheers!

I will post OC 065 when it releases don’t worry pal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AudioGod said:

I will post OC 065 when it releases don’t worry pal. 

OC 0.6.5 has now been released. I use the internal Bluetooth and Wifi and a few other mods to my config.plist (quad booting Catalina, Big Sur, Windows and Linux Mint) so mine isn't applicable to most on here.

1 minute ago, Locked Down said:

OC 0.6.5 has now been released. I use the internal Bluetooth and Wifi and a few other mods to my config.plist (quad booting Catalina, Big Sur, Windows and Linux Mint) so mine isn't applicable to most on here.

No worries pal, I’ve got it all setup and ready to post. I will do so in the next few hours. 

• Like 2

@Locked Down Are you using the Intel internal card or did you swap it out? 
if your using the Intel drivers then are they not driving you abit mad?

I got them working as best as they can do on a few different boards now and it works but it’s covered with issues, I tried to put up with it and all its silly quirks but in the end I gave up on it for now. Too slow, very unforgiving if your flicking around from OS to OS and not everything that should work via Bluetooth does work. My wireless MX Master 2 mouse will not connect via it no mater what I do or try including clean boots and different systems. 
Oh and I can’t stand the fact the kext package is so huge in size...what the hell is that all about? :hysterical:

P.s I hope you had a good xmas and new year :)

Edited by AudioGod

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

@Locked Down Are you using the Intel internal card or did you swap it out? 
if your using the Intel drivers then are they not driving you abit mad?

I got them working as best as they can do on a few different boards now and it works but it’s covered with issues, I tried to put up with it and all its like silly quirks but in the end I gave up on it for now. Too slow, very unforgiving if your flicking around from OS to OS and not everything that should work via Bluetooth does work. My wireless MX Master 2 wires less mouse will not connect via it no mater what I do or try including clean boots and different systems. 
Oh and I can’t stand the fact the kext package is so huge in size...what the hell is that all about? :hysterical:

P.s I hope you had a good x,as and new year :)

I have wired lan for internet etc and just use the bluetooth and wifi combo for unlocking with Apple Watch. Just for that it isn't really necessary to purchase another card. They may be cheapish but no point really in my case and I use wired mouse and keyboard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Locked Down said:

I have wired lan for internet etc and just use the bluetooth and wifi combo for unlocking with Apple Watch. Just for that it isn't really necessary to purchase another card. They may be cheapish but no point really in my case and I use wired mouse and keyboard.

Yeah that was my theory too but my wireless mouse refusing to connect to it was the point where I got frustrated and gave up...lol

im wired too but have a lot of Bluetooth devices. It’s a shame really cos I would prefer to use it then not. 
oh well.

In fairness the drivers have come along way compared to how they used to be, maybe one day they will nail it. (Fingers crossed)

• Like 1

OpenCore 0.6.5 EFI Update (Big Sur Ready), 4th January 2021 

(Use With Bios Revision F11L or Newer) 

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

AppleALC 1.5.6,

WhateverGreen 1.4.6,

IntelMausi 1.0.5,

OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.5 (Big Sur 11.1 Ready),

OpenCanopy is Enabled as Standard,

New OpenCanopy Icons

Plus other minor tweaks and changes to all of the configs.

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.5 - 04/01/2021

OC 065 19,1 Z390 Master EFI 040121.zip - OpenCore v0.6.5, SMBios iMac19,1

OC 065 020121 1,1 Z390 Master 040121.zip - OpenCore v0.6.5, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI FOR THE FIRST TIME, 

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the correct bios settings listed below or use the F11L Unlocked Profile I have provided.

Additional Downloads

Z390AORUSMASTER.F11l.zip  - Aorus Z390 Master Bios Firmware F11L

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

PLEASE NOTE - MSR Unlock is now baked into the BIOS as a setting so you no longer need my bios profile to unlock your MSR.

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11L)

Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup

Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> CFG Lock -> Disabled

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10 WHQL

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)

Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1

Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Disabled If Using SMBios 1,1)

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
 Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled

• Settings -> IO Ports -> Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port -> Disabled

• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

Save & Exit  Save & Exit Setup

F11L BIOS Profile With MSR Unlocked & All The Correct Settings Dialled in for you - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

Default F11L.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11L ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked and all the correct settings will be dialled in for you.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Anyone else experiencing random Safari crashes since the latest update?

Not over here but If your using 19.1 then you might want to set `SecureBootModel` to `Disabled`

Edited by AudioGod

1 hour ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

I am using 19,1. 

I have a i59600K with a RX570, do you recommend switching to 1,1?

No not really buddy, just try doing the above and see if it helps you?

ive not had any reports of safari crashing though.

• 3 weeks later...

New version of Opencore, 0.6.6, has been released with new VirtualSMC, Lilu, Whatevergreen & AppleALC.

Quite big major changes in this one, so be sure to check the documentation before attempting to upgrade this time.

Edited by Locked Down

SUPRISE!!!! As Release 0.6.6 has made so many changes in this revision I thought I would post an updated EFI for you all so here it is. ;)

OpenCore 0.6.6 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.2 Ready), 3rd February 2021

Changes made include,

• Lilu 1.5.1
  • AppleALC 1.5.7,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.7,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.0
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.6 (Big Sur 11.2 Ready),
  • New OpenCanopy Icons
  • OpenCanopy is Enabled as Standard,
  • New OpenCanopy Icons
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to all of the configs.

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.6 - 03/02/2021

OC 066 1,1 Z390 Master EFI 020221 .zip  OpenCore v0.6.6, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

OC 066 19,1 Z390 Master EFI 020221.zip - OpenCore v0.6.6, SMBios iMac19,1

IMPORTANT - OPENCORE HAS CHANGED THE WAY THE BOOTSTRAP WORKS SO YOU WILL NEED TO RESELECT YOUR BIG SUR DISK (F12 DISK SELECT OR FROM WITHIN THE BIOS) AND THEN RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI FOR THE FIRST TIME, THIS IS VITAL.

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the correct bios settings listed below or use the F11L Unlocked Profile I have provided.

Additional Downloads

PLEASE NOTE - MSR Unlock is now baked into the BIOS as a setting so you no longer need my bios profile to unlock your MSR.

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Disabled If Using SMBios 1,1)

F11L BIOS Profile With MSR Unlocked & All The Correct Settings Dialled in for you - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked and all the correct settings will be dialled in for you.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

SUPRISE!!!! As Release 0.6.6 has made so many changes in this revision I thought I would post an updated EFI for you all so here it is. ;)

OpenCore 0.6.6 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.2 Ready), 3rd February 2021

Changes made include,

• Lilu 1.5.1
  • AppleALC 1.5.7,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.7,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.0
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.6 (Big Sur 11.2 Ready),
  • New OpenCanopy Icons
  • OpenCanopy is Enabled as Standard,
  • New OpenCanopy Icons
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to all of the configs.

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.6 - 03/02/2021

OC 066 1,1 Z390 Master EFI 020221 .zip 3.92 MB · 4 downloads   OpenCore v0.6.6, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

OC 066 19,1 Z390 Master EFI 020221.zip 3.93 MB · 6 downloads  - OpenCore v0.6.6, SMBios iMac19,1

IMPORTANT - OPENCORE HAS CHANGED THE WAY THE BOOTSTRAP WORKS SO YOU WILL NEED TO RESELECT YOUR BIG SUR DISK (F12 DISK SELECT OR FROM WITHIN THE BIOS) AND THEN RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI FOR THE FIRST TIME, THIS IS VITAL.

Additional Downloads

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

Spoiler

Nice one B - You just couldn't walk away could yah bro? :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, eSaF said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Nice one B - You just couldn't walk away could yah bro? :thumbsup_anim:

I felt bad to leave it on 0.6.5 when 0.6.6 was such a major update.

There will come a time where OC becomes to different for me to safely continue rolling out the EFIs for the pro and master without a ton of testing. I do what I can when I can. LOCKDOWN BOREDOM!

• Like 2

Hi, would it be hard to switch from the Aorus Z390 Master to a "lower" version of the MB?
I still have the Bios issues, and I don't know if it is the Motherboard or the CPU. I asked Gigabyte for a replacement but I don't know if I will get one, plus it looks like the z390 master is not available anymore.

As I highly appreciate the work Audiogod is doing I would like to stick with the same hardware, especially as MacOS and Windows is running totally fine with the hardware.

Merhaba.
"OpenCore macOS Catalina 10.15.5 AMD & Intel İmajı"
Claus'un linkteki imajını indirip, USB'ye yazdırdıktan sonra EFI klasörümü sistemime uygun olan ile değiştirdim. BIOS ayarlarımı da yerine getirdim fakat USB'den Boot edip kurulum aşamasına geçemedim. Nerede neyi hatalı yapıyorum?

Desktop'a kurulum yapmaya çalışıyorum.
Intel Core i5-9600K
Intel(r) HD Graphics 630.
Sapphire Pulse RX570 8 GB.
High Definition Audio Controller.
Intel(r) Dual band Wireless- AC 9560.
PCI-e gigabit Ethernet Controller ı217.
DDR4/8GB/ 3200 MT/s

Just now, seha39 said:

Merhaba.
"OpenCore macOS Catalina 10.15.5 AMD & Intel İmajı"
Claus'un linkteki imajını indirip, USB'ye yazdırdıktan sonra EFI klasörümü sistemime uygun olan ile değiştirdim. BIOS ayarlarımı da yerine getirdim fakat USB'den Boot edip kurulum aşamasına geçemedim. Nerede neyi hatalı yapıyorum?

Desktop'a kurulum yapmaya çalışıyorum.
Intel Core i5-9600K
Intel(r) HD Graphics 630.
Sapphire Pulse RX570 8 GB.
High Definition Audio Controller.
Intel(r) Dual band Wireless- AC 9560.
PCI-e gigabit Ethernet Controller ı217.
DDR4/8GB/ 3200 MT/s

Denedim sonuç aynı daha önceleri sorunsuz yükleme yapabiliyordum sonra diskleri silmiştim windowsa geçtim ve BIOS güncellemeden sonra bu sorunla karşılaştım.
Tekrar yukleme ekranina dusuyor.
Kurulum ekranına kadar sistem Boot ediyor fakat diski seçip yüklemeye geldiğim zaman olmuyor diskte sanki bir bloke varmış gibi yükleme yapmıyor.

Dosya Ekleri

• 20210210_175607.jpg
    20210210_175607.jpg
    85,2 KB · Görüntüleme: 4
  • 20210210_175614.jpg
    20210210_175614.jpg
    78,4 KB · Görüntüleme: 4
  • 20210210_175621.jpg
    20210210_175621.jpg
    92,3 KB · Görüntüleme: 4
  • 20210210_175629.jpg
    20210210_175629.jpg
    101,7 KB · Görüntüleme: 4
  • 20210210_175637.jpg
    20210210_175637.jpg
    89,3 KB · Görüntüleme: 4
  • 20210210_175644.jpg
    20210210_175644.jpg
    82,9 KB · Görüntüleme: 4

5 minutes ago, seha39 said:

Merhaba.

•  

Buraya İngilizce yazmanız gerekiyor.

50 minutes ago, Locked Down said:

Buraya İngilizce yazmanız gerekiyor.

Hi.
After downloading the image of Claus on the link and burning it to USB, I replaced my EFI folder with the appropriate one for my system. I did my BIOS settings as well, but I could not boot from USB and proceed to the setup phase. Where am I doing wrong?

@seha39, don't use somebody else's image, you don't know what it really is. Download macOS from Apple yourself and use that, you then know that has not been interfered with. If you don't have a Mac to download it use gibMacos.

How did you create the installer on the USB stick?

Is your EFI folder in the EFI partition on your USB stick? It has to be in the correct place. Have you pressed F12 at boot up and booted from the USB stick?

• Like 2