AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

Hi @AudioGod

Update to 10.15.3 Beta 2 with Bios F11c EFI folder: all works fine as usual  :thumbsup_anim:

Some questions: what these lines means in kernel.log? They could be ignored?

(AppleSMCLMU) AppleLMUController::smcGetKeyInfo Error: received error 0x84 when getting key info for 'ALRV'
(AppleSMCLMU) AppleLMUController::smcReadKey Error: received error 0x84 when reading key 'MSLD'
(AppleSMCLMU) AppleLMUController::smcReadKey Error: received error 0x84 when reading key 'ALV0'

Already present since BIOS F9, these lines at startup:

(AppleUSBXHCI) 000003.712224 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 1248 exponent 2
(AppleUSBXHCI) 000003.713073 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 2496 exponent 2
(AppleUSBXHCI) 000003.714206 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 4992 exponent 2
(AppleUSBXHCI) 000003.714528 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 1457 exponent 2
(AppleUSBXHCI) 000003.847274 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 2915 exponent 2
(AppleUSBXHCI) 000003.847442 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 5830 exponent 2

Capture d’écran 2020-01-15 à 08.18.52.png

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @AudioGod

Update to 10.15.3 Beta 2 with Bios F11c EFI folder: all works fine as usual  :thumbsup_anim:

Some questions: what these lines means in kernel.log? They could be ignored?

(AppleSMCLMU) AppleLMUController::smcGetKeyInfo Error: received error 0x84 when getting key info for 'ALRV'
(AppleSMCLMU) AppleLMUController::smcReadKey Error: received error 0x84 when reading key 'MSLD'
(AppleSMCLMU) AppleLMUController::smcReadKey Error: received error 0x84 when reading key 'ALV0'

Already present since BIOS F9, these lines at startup:

(AppleUSBXHCI) 000003.712224 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 1248 exponent 2
(AppleUSBXHCI) 000003.713073 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 2496 exponent 2
(AppleUSBXHCI) 000003.714206 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 4992 exponent 2
(AppleUSBXHCI) 000003.714528 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 1457 exponent 2
(AppleUSBXHCI) 000003.847274 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 2915 exponent 2
(AppleUSBXHCI) 000003.847442 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: unsupported speed mantissa 5830 exponent 2

Capture d’écran 2020-01-15 à 08.18.52.png

the usb errors are due to the USB Patching and you can totally ignore them, The smc errors I’m not so sure. When did they appear? Was it after installing 10.15.3? 
Are you using the latest VirtualSMC kext and is it still there with the older one?

Edited by AudioGod

3 hours ago, AudioGod said:

the usb errors are due to the USB Patching and you can totally ignore them, The smc errors I’m not so sure. When did they appear? Was it after installing 10.15.3? 
Are you using the latest VirtualSMC kext and is it still there with the older one?

About the smc errors, I don't know when they appear before or after 10.15.3 Beta. Yes, I'm using latest VirtualSMC v1.10 from this topic. Don't test the previous version.

58 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

About the smc errors, I don't know when they appear before or after 10.15.3 Beta. Yes, I'm using latest VirtualSMC v1.10 from this topic. Don't test the previous version.

I haven’t got the error showing in my log. Could be the latest version of VirtualSMC so try the older version just to see if the problem remains.

could also be your kernel cache so maybe clear that first and see :) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I haven’t got the error showing in my log. Could be the latest version of VirtualSMC so try the older version just to see if the problem remains.

could also be your kernel cache so maybe clear that first and see :) 

I try the older VirtualSMC version 1.0.9: no smc errors  

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

I don't understand what do you means :( VirtualSMC.efi: why ?

I’m trying to track down the smc errors and as I’m not getting them here i can’t test

download the latest version of VirtualSMC and install the VirtualSMC.efi as a test only just to see if the errors halt

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

I’m trying to track down the smc errors and as I’m not getting them here i can’t test

download the latest version of VirtualSMC and install the VirtualSMC.efi as a test only just to see if the errors halt

Ok.

Take a look to VirtualSMC changeling for latest release.... I'm not sure VSMC v1.1.0 is still compatible with Clover. 

v1.1.0
Minor performance improvements
Added OpenCore builtin protocol support (VirtualSmc.efi can still be used in other bootloaders)
Added fan and voltage reporting in SMCSuperIO through I/O Registry (requires client updates) by @joedmru

EDIT: @AudioGod VirtualSMC.kext 1.1.0 (Kext folder) + VirtualSMC.efi (drivers folder), same issue -_- Jump to FakeSMC?

Edited by Matgen84

Hi!

I'm going to make my first attempt at making a Hackintosh soon. My computer have the following specs: 

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER (BIOS version F7 right now) 
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum
RAM: Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2666Mhz CL16
SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2
GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Gaming OC 3xHDMI 3xDP 8GB
Wifi/BT: Broadcom BCM94360 (windows uses motherboard built in wifi/BT though)

Would you recommend that I install the latest BIOS version (F11c) or the last one F10? My goal is to dual boot Catalina with Windows 10 on separate drives. 

38 minutes ago, monkeytonk said:

Hi!

I'm going to make my first attempt at making a Hackintosh soon. My computer have the following specs: 

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER (BIOS version F7 right now) 
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum
RAM: Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2666Mhz CL16
SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2
GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Gaming OC 3xHDMI 3xDP 8GB
Wifi/BT: Broadcom BCM94360 (windows uses motherboard built in wifi/BT though)

Would you recommend that I install the latest BIOS version (F11c) or the last one F10? My goal is to dual boot Catalina with Windows 10 on separate drives. 

Hi,

Use F11c as I'm fully supporting it now and it works a charm. :thumbsup_anim:

disconnect the H100i usb connection to the motherboard as the system won't be able to goto sleep with is connected and its not used or needed in Catalina and you only need it in windows to change your schemes so pull the connection out if you want sleep fully working.

lastly disable the Z390 Master onboard Wifi/Bluetooth via the bios as macOS is not comparable with it and you can use the Broadcom for windows no problem.

If you do all of the above your have zero issues buddy.

I hope that helps :) 

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

Hi,

Use F11c as I'm fully supporting it now and it works a charm. :thumbsup_anim:

disconnect the H100i usb connection to the motherboard as the system won't be able to goto sleep with is connected and its not used or needed in Catalina and you only need it in windows to change your schemes so pull the connection out if you want sleep fully working.

lastly disable the Z390 Master onboard Wifi/Bluetooth via the bios as macOS is not comparable with it and you can use the Broadcom for windows no problem.

If you do all of the above your have zero issues buddy.

I hope that helps :) 

Thanks alot! Will probably pull the trigger and install Catalina next week. :)

Just switched over to Opencore.  Great job on the build guys. :thumbsup_anim: Was pretty much plug and play after inputting the system info into the config file.

I honestly can't see or feel a difference between this and the Clover build but perhaps I'm just not too experienced yet in Hackintoshing.  I guess I do notice that there's a lot less flickering of the screen during bootup.  Sort of like less changing of resolutions.

Also, seems like I somehow managed to screw up my "Internal Speakers" sound.  My desk speakers are plugged into Line Out on my motherboard and sometimes when I boot up macOS I get no sound through this output, sometimes I do, however in Windows it always works.

1 minute ago, hungrywallet said:

Just switched over to Opencore.  Great job on the build guys. :thumbsup_anim: Was pretty much plug and play after inputting the system info into the config file.

I honestly can't see or feel a difference between this and the Clover build but perhaps I'm just not too experienced yet in Hackintoshing.  I guess I do notice that there's a lot less flickering of the screen during bootup.  Sort of like less changing of resolutions.

Also, seems like I somehow managed to screw up my "Internal Speakers" sound.  My desk speakers are plugged into Line Out on my motherboard and sometimes when I boot up macOS I get no sound through this output, sometimes I do, however in Windows it always works.

there’s a small bug caused by the dac so when you restart from windows into macOS because windows uses the extra dac for audio  and macOS doesn’t it causes sound to stop working in Catalina. The resolve is to never restart from one os to the other but instead shut down and then power up again and your never see that problem again.

i hope that helps bud

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hungrywallet said:

Actually I do have one small issue, I can't boot into Windows.

From OpenCore?

you should have an option at the bootloader named boot camp and that boots you into windows.

if you have windows on the same drive as Cat then your need to ask @texem how to make them play together.

Just now, AudioGod said:

From OpenCore?

you should have an option at the bootloader named boot camp and that boots you into windows.

if you have windows on the same drive as Cat then your need to ask @texem how to make them play together.

From OpenCore.  I have the bootcamp option, just restarts when I select it.  Both OS's are on separate NVME drives.  I'll see if I can google a fix in the meantime.

Just now, hungrywallet said:

From OpenCore.  I have the bootcamp option, just restarts when I select it.  Both OS's are on separate NVME drives.  I'll see if I can google a fix in the meantime.

That’s strange as that’s exactly how I have windows and cat and it works just fine.

il double check anyway on my end to make sure that’s still the case just incase 

@Matgen84 @hungrywallet

Make the following changes to your bios

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

@Matgen84 This will give you the high resolution bios post boot like you were asking me about a while ago. :thumbsup_anim:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@Matgen84 @hungrywallet

Make the following changes to your bios

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

@Matgen84 This will give you the high resolution bios post boot like you were asking me about a while ago. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks. 

I've got already the high resolution for Aorus Splash screen before this new settings. :)

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. 

I've got already the high resolution for Aorus Splash screen before this new settings. :)

Awesome bro,

how did you achieve it before these settings?

some monitors play better OTB then others saying that.

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Awesome bro,

how did you achieve it before these settings?

some monitors play better OTB then others saying that.

I think (not sure) the DVMT settings involved. In the previous discussions, I indicated that I prefer to use these:

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 512M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> MAX
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB

I like my IIyama monitor 27'' :D

4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I think (not sure) the DVMT settings involved. In the previous discussions, I indicated that I prefer to use these:

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 512M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> MAX
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB

I like my IIyama monitor 27'' :D

Oh yes I remember now, while treeking the igpu memory. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1