AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Pieroman said:

Hi @AudioGod how do you compensate for removing MemoryAllocation.efi ? It's also in the current EFI folder for the Aorus Pro that hasn't been updated for this yet.

Do u mean I forgot to remove it from the new clover EFI?

just do what I described about resetting the bios and y9u should be fine. If your having trouble then you can try adding slide=0 and reducing the igpu mem from 64 to. 32mb.

the z390 master runs happily without the MA.EFI though so again you should be fine bud.

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

Do u mean I forgot to remove it from the new clover EFI?

just do what I described about resetting the bios and y9u should be fine. If your having trouble then you can try adding slide=0 and reducing the igpu mem from 64 to. 32mb.

the z390 master runs happily without the MA.EFI though so again you should be fine bud.

I just meant that you did not yet do a similar post/modification on the Aorus Pro thread. But seeing the solution it looks like it should be similar on the Pro compared to the Master, if slide value is also 0, or whether a manual slide value should be found (using memmap in the efi shell).

EDIT : won't there be problems from time to time with Z390 boards if no memory fix efi is used at all (not slide by itself), the reddit thread about free2000 seems to imply it ? Maybe there is a difference clover/OC on that.

Edited by Pieroman

5 hours ago, Pieroman said:

I just meant that you did not yet do a similar post/modification on the Aorus Pro thread. But seeing the solution it looks like it should be similar on the Pro compared to the Master, if slide value is also 0, or whether a manual slide value should be found (using memmap in the efi shell).

EDIT : won't there be problems from time to time with Z390 boards if no memory fix efi is used at all (not slide by itself), the reddit thread about free2000 seems to imply it ? Maybe there is a difference clover/OC on that.

we are working on a fix for all EFIs for the pro thread still and that’s why it’s not been updated yet. Plus I’m a little busy at the moment so bare with me dude and I will come up with a working solution soon.

the Z390 Master board has a better bios and less problems with igpu enabled hence why it got updated first.

and yes without the MA.EFI life becomes a lot more difficult to keep it stable all the time but what can I do?

if you want to continue using the fix then go for it, I can’t say what will happen in the long term but I’m yet to find a genuine case of where free2000 or MA.EFI have caused any harm and I’m always longing to here a story about how it all went sideways because of it but alas this story does not exist because it’s never happened. Make of that what you will buddy. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone. I have some questions.

1) If anybody is using Genymotion Android Emulator, can you tell if there are any problems with it? I have one - I can't launch any OS image, they all hang at Android logo with a lot of graphical glitches. I can't figure out if this this a problem with my configuration or Genymotion's bug. Doesn't really depend on whether IGPU is enabled or not.

2) Anyone else having problems with ezdrm demo in Safari? Not to say I'm an active Safari user but when IGPU is enabled, Safari crashes on this site. I assume it's something with WhateverGreen.kext but what if I'm unique? Problem is partially solved with IGPU disabled and shikigva=144: e.g. yesterday it worked fine, now it's black screen with sound, but at least doesn't crash.

3) Did anyone measure GPU performance with IGPU disabled and shikigva=144? And generally does it cause any problems with something? Seems to be working fine but...

AORUS Master

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT

i9 9900K

64GB RAM

IGPU disabled, shikigva=144

AudioGod's EFI for Clover from 04/02/20 as-is with SMBIOS section edited only.

BIOS reset with battery, MSR Unlock profile applied.

Всем привет !!! На загрузчике "OpenCore", заведены всего 15 USB-портов. На загрузчике "Clover" - заведены все USB - порты. Можно сделать и на загрузчике "OpenCore" - завод всех USB - портов?

Edited by kapelan6

3 hours ago, kapelan6 said:

Всем привет !!! На загрузчике "OpenCore", заведены всего 15 USB-портов. На загрузчике "Clover" - заведены все USB - порты. Можно сделать и на загрузчике "OpenCore" - завод всех USB - портов?

ты не говоришь по английски?

Hello everyone! On the loader "OpenCore", only 15 USB ports are wound up. On the bootloader "Clover" - all USB ports are wound up. Can you make the factory all USB ports on the OpenCore bootloader?

10 minutes ago, kapelan6 said:

Hello everyone! On the loader "OpenCore", only 15 USB ports are wound up. On the bootloader "Clover" - all USB ports are wound up. Can you make the factory all USB ports on the OpenCore bootloader?

Hello @kapelan6

It's easy to do:

• copy/paste SSDT-6-AMI.aml from Clover to OC EFI folder EFI/OC/ACPI
  • put XhciPortLimit to true in OC config.plist
  • declare SSDT-6-AMI.aml in OC config.plist (ACPI section)
  • remove USBPorts.kext

I hope I haven't forgotten anything :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @AudioGod

Sorry if I made a mistake.

Can you add patched SSDT-6-A M I.plist in Additional DSDT section (first page) for those who to use old way for Opencore.

Thanks.

It’s not really suited for OC as a lot of the patching works with the DSDT so you might as well just use the usb.kext and put XhciPortLimit to true in OC config.plist. Makes no difference but it’s more correct for OC

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

На 1-й странице не могу. Я публикую здесь.

Edited by kapelan6
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @AudioGod

Sorry if I made a mistake.

Can you add patched SSDT-6-A M I.plist in Additional DSDT section (first page) for those who to use old way for Opencore.

Thanks.

43 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

It’s not really suited for OC as a lot of the patching works with the DSDT so you might as well just use the usb.kext and put XhciPortLimit to true in OC config.plist. Makes no difference but it’s more correct for OC

Hi Bro :)

I know that, I use the new way :) @kapelan6 try to use the old way DSDT + SSDT-6-A M I.aml for Opencore. That's why I post this comment.

If I understand well or maybe I've misunderstood, this SSDT is necessary for those who to build there own USB.kext with Hackintool, for example. Right? I don't try this method on Opencore.

41 minutes ago, kapelan6 said:

With your config.plist - USB-2.0 does not work.
USB Type-с - I can’t draw, the mouse does not work.

Try the new way as @AudioGod says. Go to first page of this topic. 

Edited by Matgen84

6 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi Bro :)

I know that, I use the new way :) @kapelan6 try to use the old way DSDT + SSDT-6-A M I.aml for Opencore. That's why I post this comment.

If I understand well or maybe I've misunderstood, this SSDT is necessary for those who to build there own USB.kext with Hackintool, for example. Right? I don't try this method on Opencore.

Try the new way as @AudioGod says. Go to first page of this topic. 

If you use the dsdt in OpenCore you can’t boot into windows and if you can it’s going to load both the ssdt and dsdt into windows as well and for me that is unacceptable bro.

unless I’m missing something and they have fixed it now or you know of a way to bypass them without patching?

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

If you use the dsdt in OpenCore you can’t boot into windows and if you can it’s going to load both the ssdt and dsdt into windows as well and for me that is unacceptable bro.

unless I’m missing something and they have fixed it now or you know of a way to bypass them without patching?

I know all of that my Bro.  I'm not @kapelan6 Give him this explanation. In my last comment, I says to him to follow the new way. :hysterical:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kapelan6 said:

Neither with the old nor with the new DSDT - it does not work. Disconnected - mouse and keyboard.

I don’t know what to tell you buddy.

im right at this second using my keyboard and mouse via Usb2 while transferring a time machine backup via my front 3.1 port and I have 2 hubs all full of devices and a NI audio 6  all connected up via usb 3 and 2 ports and I’m golden my friend.

start again and download my EFi and do nothing more then add your details (sn uuid mlb) and that’s it.

if it ain’t working after that then somethings wrong with your setup as many people are using these EFIs with total success and no issues.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1