AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, AudioGod said:

@gibbo592 I’ve got new DSDTs for F11c i will post them up in the next few hours with a updated MSR unlocked profile for it.

Im just in windows at the moment stress testing for a while but I will do it straight after that. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for all your help really appreciate your time helping others

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AudioGod said:

If you wait I while I will update the thread with new A bios profile and DSDTs for f11c, I’m just in the middle of testing now.

If MaLD0n fixed the f10 DSDT for you (the old one) then you need to get the 2080ti disabled again using the new DSDT. The old dsdt should not Be used with bios F11c as it’s wrong for the bios, this is why I have had new ones created for this very reason.

tbh I would of preferred to of waited for the official release of F11 but because gigabyte has made it go live on all its suport pages for the z390 master it’s pushed me into doing it.

@AudioGod Thanks for your job. 

As your first impression (I suppose), I will wait for the final F11 version before changing my F10 system (works fine). Gigabyte will published others Beta before Release.

13 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod Thanks for your job. 

As your first impression (I suppose), I will wait for the final F11 version before changing my F10 system (works fine). Gigabyte will published others Beta before Release.

I’m abit confused over that one bro as they have never put up a beta bios on all there support threads like they have with F11c And they are not calling it beta on the site too, also I had F11c a good while ago when it was first posted via TechPowerUp and MaLd0n made a DSDT for it for me and it was sending my system mad so I went back to F10. I tried it again now it’s posted all over gigabytes z390 master pages and I got MaLd0n to double check the io reg using F11c via gigabyte using the old F11c dsdt and he redid it as it wasn’t the same.

it could of been a bad flash but I doubt it somehow. Also I was benching via windows and my scores are as good as F10 and in some cases (gpu testing) the score has gone up and it’s not a margin of error thing and I’ve not done a clean boot or anything like that. Before my scores using F11c were worst off due to its microcode. (Maybe I turned it better this time but maybe not, I dunno...lol) Overall F11c is a go. If you overclock then features have returned that were missing, helpful for some if you extreme overclock, not so helpful if you don’t.  

That’s my thoughts on F11c,

I think you should try it personally (selfishly :hysterical:) as I always value you opinion. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I’m abit confused over that one bro as they have never put up a beta bios on all there support threads like they have with F11c And they are not calling it beta on the site too, also I had F11c a good while ago when it was first posted via TechPowerUp and MaLd0n made a DSDT for it for me and it was sending my system mad so I went back to F10. I tried it again now it’s posted all over gigabytes z390 master pages and I got MaLd0n to double check the io reg using F11c via gigabyte using the old F11c dsdt and he redid it as it wasn’t the same.

it could of been a bad flash but I doubt it somehow. Also I was benching via windows and my scores are as good as F10 and in some cases (gpu testing) the score has gone up and it’s not a margin of error thing and I’ve not done a clean boot or anything like that. Before my scores using F11c were worst off due to its microcode. (Maybe I turned it better this time but maybe not, I dunno...lol) Overall F11c is a go. If you overclock then features have returned that were missing, helpful for some if you extreme overclock, not so helpful if you don’t.  

That’s my thoughts on F11c,

I think you should try it personally (selfishly :hysterical:) as I always value you opinion. 

Thanks to consider my opinion ^_^

I'm a little afraid to test a beta bios on a working system. On the other hand, because I don't have the necessary elements (new dsdt, msr unlock profile, etc). And on the other hand, I do not know the rollback procedure in case of problems. Then, on other forums including that of Gigabyte  or tweaktown, the reception is mixed for the moment.

Could you send me the necessary elements (new dsdt, msr unlock profile, etc). I will see if I decide :drool:

16 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks to consider my opinion ^_^

I'm a little afraid to test a beta bios on a working system. On the other hand, because I don't have the necessary elements (new dsdt, msr unlock profile, etc). And on the other hand, I do not know the rollback procedure in case of problems. Then, on other forums including that of Gigabyte  or tweaktown, the reception is mixed for the moment.

Could you send me the necessary elements (new dsdt, msr unlock profile, etc). I will see if I decide :drool:

Once I’ve finished testing fully I will do.

believe it or not the system has been under test since yesterday evening and is still going now but I’ve no real problems to report and personally I give it a all clear and thumbs up :thumbsup_anim:

its totally safe to use.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Once I’ve finished testing fully I will do.

believe it or not the system has been under test since yesterday evening and is still going now but I’ve no real problems to report and personally I give it a all clear and thumbs up :thumbsup_anim:

its totally safe to use.

Ok, I'm waiting :) Thanks for your efforts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, channa13 said:

my hackitosh freezes after few hours of use

gpu: Radeon VII

Cpu i9 9900k

MB : z390 aorus master

i'm runing catalina

Anybody who wants to help you buddy will need a lot more information then that I’m afraid.

can you please elaborate?

DSDT Update For Bios Revision F11c Only

These new DSDT's are only to be used with bios Revision F11c and as I am unsure if they are final release or beta still I have decided not to create a new EFI for them just yet. 

If you want to use the new DSDT then please make sure you update to bios revision F11c From here or direct from gigabytes website only.

I have done over 24 hours of hard testing and benching and I am very happy with the results and stability and I do recommend using the new bios especially if you overclock.

PLEASE NOTE - If your using the older F11c beta bios that was posted originally on TechPowerUp then I can't guarantee the DSDT will work right as my older F11c DSDT was incorrect and had to be done again so for this reason I would advise reflashing bios F11c again just to be on the safe side. 

Gigabyte Z390 Master Bios Revision F11c

mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip

If your using a Vega 56/64 Navi (5700/5700XT) or Radeon VII then use this DSDT

Z390 Master F11c Vega Navi VII DSDT.zip

If your using a RX 5xx Polaris then use this DSDT

Z390 Master F11c DSDT RX Polaris.zip

I have also now created a HD630 IGPU only version of the EFI so for all you people out there that have been asking me for this your wish is my command. :) 

I have also disabled use of any gpu on this EFI so if you own a Nvidia Card it will be disabled in Catalina.

Aorus Z390 Master F11c HD630 igpu EFI.zip - Use with Bios revision F11c Only (17/01/2020 UHD630 IGPU Only) SMBios 8,1

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 

Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU

F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip

You can now skip this step 6 but only if your using my latest EFI 

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Reset your Motherboard by removing the power cable and then remove the battery from the motherboard for a minute or two to clear out the bios fully.

7 - Go back into your bios and load back in the saved profile you made,

8 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

9 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Test Results

1176894588_Screenshot2020-01-12at22_23_36.thumb.png.20199b886c3b20954b4ab0209e850512.png

508325809_Screenshot2020-01-12at22_31_28.thumb.png.34222d59deb3cad6e72659a2068b9981.png

@Matgen84 @gibbo592

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

So I finally discovered why I'm not able to boot up with any video signal - I have an issue with CSM disabled.

After I use your profile for BIOS I have to enable CSM otherwise I'm not getting any video signal out of my GTX780.

Any idea or that normal because i don't have AMD?

Edited by LVNona

8 hours ago, AudioGod said:

DSDT Update For Bios Revision F11c Only

These new DSDT's are only to be used with bios Revision F13c and as I am unsure if they are final release or beta still I have decided not to create a new EFI for them just yet. 

If you want to use the new DSDT then please make sure you update to bios revision F11c From here or direct from gigabytes website only.

I have done over 24 hours of hard testing and benching and I am very happy with the results and stability and I do recommend using the new bios especially if you overclock.

PLEASE NOTE - If your using the older F13c beta bios that was posted originally on TechPowerUp then I can't guarantee the DSDT will work right as my older F13c DSDT was incorrect and had to be done again so for this reason I would advise reflashing bios F13c again just to be on the safe side. 

Gigabyte Z390 Master Bios Revision F11c

mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip

If your using a Vega 56/64 Navi (5700/5700XT) or Radeon VII then use this DSDT

Z390 Master F11c Vega Navi VII DSDT.zip

If your using a RX 5xx Polaris then use this DSDT

Z390 Master F11c DSDT RX Polaris.zip

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 

Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU

F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip

You can now skip this step 6 but only if your using my latest EFI 

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Reset your Motherboard by removing the power cable and then remove the battery from the motherboard for a minute or two to clear out the bios fully.

7 - Go back into your bios and load back in the saved profile you made,

8 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

9 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Thanks again for your efforts. Great :)

Could you correct your typo in your text: it's F11c not F13c :D

One question for the process: 

It's necessary to flash BIOS F10 to F11c before using your Profile (who contains settings, etc...). Right!

I try and report as usual @AudioGod

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Anybody who wants to help you buddy will need a lot more information then that I’m afraid.

can you please elaborate?

i'm using your efi file i'm running catalina.. everything is stable but after few hours systeme became little laggy then it freezes

@AudioGod

All works fine with F11c and new DSDT. :thumbsup_anim:

Update F10 to F11c is done. Using your profile is done two.

Could you edit your profile with new settings since 3rd January and day after, please Or something change since this date:

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M to 512M

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M to MAX

Since F10, Gigabyte has hidden the serial port option. So we can't disable it in BIOS. :wacko:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod

All works fine with F11c and new DSDT. :thumbsup_anim:

Update F10 to F11c is done. Using your profile is done two.

Could you edit your profile with new settings since 3rd January and day after, please Or something change since this date:

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M to 512M

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M to MAX

Since F10, Gigabyte has hidden the serial port option. So we can't disable it in BIOS. :wacko:

Why bro?

I got a bunch of people to test them settings including myself and there was no real gains.

il double check again on my hack. 

and woopsy, Typos corrected. Thanks Bro. :) 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Why bro?

I got a bunch of people to test them settings including myself and there was no real gains.

il double check again on my hack. 

and woopsy, Typos corrected. Thanks Bro. :) 

Why not bro? I follow only these settings from your posts between 3rd and fifth January. Either settings works, it's the most important.

Personally, the resolution is better on BIOS and on Aorus splash screen. I don't know why :)

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Why not bro? I follow only these settings from your posts between 3rd and fifth January. Either settings works, it's the most important.

Personally, the resolution is better on BIOS and on Aorus splash screen. I don't know why :)

Oh really? That’s Interesting :) 

I never noticed any of that but I wasn’t looking out for it. I will check on my side and report back soon.

2 hours ago, channa13 said:

i'm using your efi file i'm running catalina.. everything is stable but after few hours systeme became little laggy then it freezes

Are you using a WiFi/Bluetooth combo card and if so what one is it?

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Oh really? That’s Interesting :) 

I never noticed any of that but I wasn’t looking out for it. I will check on my side and report back soon.

Are you using a WiFi/Bluetooth combo card and if so what one is it?

i'm not using any bluetooth or wifi card.. i applied your EFI folder & bios settings everything was fine , but after 3 or 4 hours mouse & system became laggy then , the mac freeze. Idk maybe because i let kernelpm enabled (i use a radeon vii with smbios iMac pro 1,1 & igu disabled)

11 minutes ago, channa13 said:

i'm not using any bluetooth or wifi card.. i applied your EFI folder & bios settings everything was fine , but after 3 or 4 hours mouse & system became laggy then , the mac freeze. Idk maybe because i let kernelpm enabled (i use a radeon vii with smbios iMac pro 1,1 & igu disabled)

ah ok,  If you use my EFI under smbios 19,1 with igpu enabled do you have the same problem?

I’m finding 1,1 a little unstable now days myself. I used to use 1,1 and after I swapped over to the 5700xt I started having the same problems under 1,1. The resolve for my system was to use smbios 19,1 instead, all has been perfect ever since,

if you really don’t want to use 19,1 then you can try the last revision of my EFI instead and see if that’s more stable for you under smbios 1,1 

Edited by AudioGod

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

ah ok,  If you use my EFI under smbios 19,1 with igpu enabled do you have the same problem?

I’m finding 1,1 a little unstable now days myself. I used to use 1,1 and after I swapped over to the 5700xt I started having the same problems under 1,1. The resolve for my system was to use smbios 19,1 instead, all has been perfect ever since,

if you really don’t want to use 19,1 then you can try the last revision of my EFI instead and see if that’s more stable for you under smbios 1,1 

Thank you .. if the problem occurs again i'll swap to 19.1 , i've heard that under 19.1 and igpu enabled the radeon Vii will not fully work , is that true ?

Just now, channa13 said:

Thank you .. if the problem occurs again i'll swap to 19.1 , i've heard that under 19.1 and igpu enabled the radeon Vii will not fully work , is that true ?

no it is fully working the only thing is if you do any processes that involve quick sync the igpu will do the work instead of the Radeon VII but that’s your lot.

also 19,1 gives you fully working Sidecar.

• Like 2

@Matgen84 Tested fully with 

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 512M

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> MAX

On my setup nothing changes looks or performance wise. Same results both ways. 

I still prefer the lesser settings just because most people are running on 16gb or less so maybe its best to leave it how I have it.

I will keep my hack on your settings for the time being and see. :)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@Matgen84 Tested fully with 

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 512M

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> MAX

On my setup nothing changes looks or performance wise. Same results both ways. 

I still prefer the lesser settings just because most people are running on 16gb or less so maybe its best to leave it how I have it.

I will keep my hack on your settings for the time being and see. :)

@AudioGod I notice the difference with or without, on bottom text on Aorus splash screen, Bro. Let me know what's going on your system over time :)

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod I notice the difference with or without, on bottom text on Aorus splash screen, Bro. Let me know what's going on your system over time :)

Im watching it with your settings bro, maybe it’s a rx5xx thing...il report back if I spot anything what so ever. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

@Matgen84 @WizeMan @texem

New Kexts all release no betas. Update Update Update!!!!!!!!!!!

WhateverGreen-136.zip

Lilu 141.zip

AppleALC-145.zip

VirtualSMC 110.zip

:thumbsup_anim:

Im going to have to make a new Updated EFI ain't I? 

@Matgen84 Should I use F11c or F10 as the DSDT for it?

I very much prefer F11c TBH

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1