AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks boot fine :)

There is something wrong with USBPorts.kext: one at least Rear Red USB3.1 don't work (I've USB wifi dongle connected) --> no wifi

OCS: No schema for two quirks:

• IgnoreForWindows seems to be deprecated (maybe remove it and replace)

<key>EnableForAll</key>
<false/>
  • ThirdPartyTrim is now ThirdPartyDrives

Could you add "Recovery" partition in menu picker, please.

thanks for testing :thumbsup_anim:

yes, there might my some changes to the config, the OC compilation is from latest source tree. But I'll modify the config.

To get the hidden partitions just press the "space" bar if you are in the boot menu. They should show up. For more infos abt that, just have a look at ndk's fork thread.

• Thanks 1

@Matgen84 , would you mind and redownload this EFI and just replace the SN,MLB,UUID and your DSDT for RX5xx.

I replaced the USBPorts.kext from the older version so if it work, it should now work as well.

i myself do not have a master board so i'm unable to verify anything. But i like to have the EFI's ready when @AudioGod returns next weekend ;-)

Thank you for your testing again :thumbsup_anim:

OpenCore-Fork-19,1-Aorus-Z390-Master-Navi-Vega.zip

• Like 2

You have said that sound (Audio Built-in ALC 1220-V) is working, let me ask you some questions about it since I don't have it yet :

First: You are using Audio code ID :16 .. Do you hear any cracking when loading to Catalina (when apple logo loading )

Second : Do you have a dual boot (Windows & Hackintosh ) if so when you do restart form windows to mac, the sound is still working when you reach the mac desktop if you tried to play a piece of music for example.

Third: the sleeping issue exists or not with audio 

Please let me know because I already have Z370-GAMING 5 and it has a perfect sound with no issue at all even on dual, sleeping or even cracking ... its amazing motherboard but I plan to trade it with Z390 master only because I want have bios switch on the motherboard and two CPU Power sockets to power new processor I will get soon the intel core i9. 

Edited by mishealgo

8 hours ago, texem said:

@Matgen84 , would you mind and redownload this EFI and just replace the SN,MLB,UUID and your DSDT for RX5xx.

I replaced the USBPorts.kext from the older version so if it work, it should now work as well.

i myself do not have a master board so i'm unable to verify anything. But i like to have the EFI's ready when @AudioGod returns next weekend ;-)

Thank you for your testing again :thumbsup_anim:

OpenCore-Fork-19,1-Aorus-Z390-Master-Navi-Vega.zip

I try ASAP and report :)

Works fine, I can boot from macOS Catalina :)

These is something wrong with USBPorts.kext: no keyboard, no mouse at login screen. I use a combo Logitech connected via a USB receiver (from rear USB2 Hub). HS11 or/and HS13, I don't remember. SOLVED: Rename iMacPro1,1--->iMac19,1 in USBPorts Info.plist.

EDIT: I use a TP-Link Archer T9UH v2 for WIFI. The two kexts works well in CLOVER kexts folder. Yesterday, I add it in OC config.plist and Kexts folder: macOS stuck at Apple Logo without progress bar. Your OpenCore Fork EFI folder works fine without them.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

I try ASAP and report :)

Works fine, I can boot from macOS Catalina :)

These is something wrong with USBPorts.kext: no keyboard, no mouse at login screen. I use a combo Logitech connected via a USB receiver (from rear USB2 Hub). HS11 or/and HS13, I don't remember. SOLVED: Rename iMacPro1,1--->iMac19,1 in USBPorts Info.plist.

EDIT: I use a TP-Link Archer T9UH v2 for WIFI. The two kexts works well in CLOVER kexts folder. Yesterday, I add it in OC config.plist and Kexts folder: macOS stuck at Apple Logo without progress bar. Your OpenCore Fork EFI folder works fine without them.

sounds promising to get a "final" version. Fixing the USBPorts.kext is what I wrote initially, . Use Hackintool to generate running 19,1 and the plist would be correct.

In summary : the EFI's always should be seen as a template, everyone's config is different and must be optimized. 

BT: i am using the BCM PCIe card without need using any fix.

Edited by texem
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, texem said:

sounds promising to get a "final" version. Fixing the USBPorts.kext is what I wrote initially, . Use Hackintool to generate running 19,1 and the plist would be correct.

In summary : the EFI's always should be seen as a template, everyone's config is different and must be optimized. 

BT: i am using the BCM PCIe card without need using any fix.

Thanks a lot :)

TP-Link Archer T9UH v2 for WIFI use kexts made by Realtek for macOS, there are not fix Kexts. It's works fine on Clover :) TP-Link support don't reply to me why this USB3 device is detected as USB2 speed.

What kind of BCM Pcie card (OOB) are you using?

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks a lot :)

TP-Link Archer T9UH v2 for WIFI use kexts made by Realtek for macOS, there are not fix Kexts. It's works fine on Clover :) TP-Link support don't reply to me why this USB3 device is detected as USB2 speed.

What kind of BCM Pcie card (OOB) are you using?

I m using this card : ABWB 802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM94360CS2 , available on Amazon and eBay.

internally connected via USB2, HS11 port on pro mainboard

Edited by texem
  • Thanks 1

Hello and great work getting all stuff together, but I need some help.

Me SLEEP is not working - dark screen - after a minute PC shuts down and at awake it crashes to restart and apple error about your device was improperly rebooted or something like that. Any idea where is an issue?

I followed your BIOS settings and proper EFI, but I haven't unlocked CFG/MSR bios.

Do I need to unlock and how does it helps anyway?

52 minutes ago, LVNona said:

Hello and great work getting all stuff together, but I need some help.

Me SLEEP is not working - dark screen - after a minute PC shuts down and at awake it crashes to restart and apple error about your device was improperly rebooted or something like that. Any idea where is an issue?

I followed your BIOS settings and proper EFI, but I haven't unlocked CFG/MSR bios.

Do I need to unlock and how does it helps anyway?

what gpu are you using and how are you disabling the 2080ti out of Catalina?

28 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

what gpu are you using and how are you disabling the 2080ti out of Catalina?

For Catalina using GTX780 - its natively supported. 2080ti I haven't disabled it - no idea how and not sure if I need to disable it. Don't see any issues.

But the trick is GTX780 has to be in Primary PCIExpress slot.

Secondary 2080ti.

And Windows 10 I disabled 780

19 minutes ago, LVNona said:

For Catalina using GTX780 - its natively supported. 2080ti I haven't disabled it - no idea how and not sure if I need to disable it. Don't see any issues.

But the trick is GTX780 has to be in Primary PCIExpress slot.

Secondary 2080ti.

And Windows 10 I disabled 780

You need to patch the dsdt to disable the 2080ti while it’s in macOS, that’s your problem buddy.

on the first page on my guide there is a link to get your own dsdt made up, use in and put it a request to MaLd0n and He will sort it out for you.

also my dsdts are patched for amd gpu use and that’s why there’s variants of them so that won’t be helping either I’m afraid mate,

you can try as a test removing the 2080ti from the system and see if the problem remains in Catalina if it does then it’s the 780 and my dsdt not liking eachither.

lastly, download these files and replace the ones in the Uefi Driver folder in clover with these ones and see if it makes any difference for you. I doubt it will but the drivers in that Efi have a problem and need updating to these ones, 

OcQuirks R12.zip

Edited by AudioGod

43 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

You need to patch the dsdt to disable the 2080ti while it’s in macOS, that’s your problem buddy.

on the first page on my guide there is a link to get your own dsdt made up, use in and put it a request to MaLd0n and He will sort it out for you.

also my dsdts are patched for amd gpu use and that’s why there’s variants of them so that won’t be helping either I’m afraid mate,

you can try as a test removing the 2080ti from the system and see if the problem remains in Catalina if it does then it’s the 780 and my dsdt not liking eachither.

lastly, download these files and replace the ones in the Uefi Driver folder in clover with these ones and see if it makes any difference for you. I doubt it will but the drivers in that Efi have a problem and need updating to these ones, 

OcQuirks R12.zip

Thanks, I'll try - unfortunately remove 2080ti is SUPER PAIN due to CUSTOM WATER loop ;) I already sent info to MaLd0n and will see if he can help. Thanks

42 minutes ago, LVNona said:

Thanks, I'll try - unfortunately remove 2080ti is SUPER PAIN due to CUSTOM WATER loop ;) I already sent info to MaLd0n and will see if he can help. Thanks

don’t worry he will help you out, he’s a good guy :)

while your waiting try changing the files over and let me know if it makes any difference for you what so ever?

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

don’t worry he will help you out, he’s a good guy :)

while your waiting try changing the files over and let me know if it makes any difference for you what so ever?

Unfortunately changing files no luck. I also noticed my power button does nothing when I push from Mac. 

By the way I try to upload bios profile but then I can't start anything because I won't get any video signal. 

I have to load defaults and change bios by your give and boots up no problem. 

18 minutes ago, LVNona said:

Unfortunately changing files no luck. I also noticed my power button does nothing when I push from Mac. 

By the way I try to upload bios profile but then I can't start anything because I won't get any video signal. 

I have to load defaults and change bios by your give and boots up no problem. 

That shouldn’t happen.

its the 2080ti getting in the way and or the 780 as well.

MaLd0n will have to create a new DSDT for you with the 2080ti disabled.

if your main card wasn’t a Nvidia card as well it would be a simple matter of adding a patch to the clover config but doing it that way knocks out all Nvidia cards on the system so that’s why you need to get it done via the ssdt and or dsdt.

Edited by AudioGod

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

That shouldn’t happen.

its the 2080ti getting in the way and or the 780 as well.

MaLd0n will have to create a new DSDT for you with the 2080ti disabled.

if your main card wasn’t a Nvidia card as well it would be a simple matter of adding a patch to the clover config but doing it that way knocks out all Nvidia cards on the system so that’s why you need to get it done via the ssdt and or dsdt.

Thanks buddy and he helped right away ;) You guys are great.

But unfortunately that didn't helped - and I started to check my USB devices and came up that my Logitech G13 not properly working because wrong drivers. Old soft was from High Sierra and migration didn't changed it. So I clean drivers and got proper soft and it works.

Is there any advantage to procede to unlock bios?

Everything works but My power button do nothing - any idea?

6 hours ago, gibbo592 said:

New Bios available F11c https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios 

1. Enhance RAID AIC compatibility
  2. Fix CPU Vcore and power behavior

Nono It’s a beta bios so don’t use this until I have cleared it to work with the DSDT.

ive been away but I will try to do it later.

4 hours ago, LVNona said:

Thanks buddy and he helped right away ;) You guys are great.

But unfortunately that didn't helped - and I started to check my USB devices and came up that my Logitech G13 not properly working because wrong drivers. Old soft was from High Sierra and migration didn't changed it. So I clean drivers and got proper soft and it works.

Is there any advantage to procede to unlock bios?

Everything works but My power button do nothing - any idea?

The power button should be working bro, I longish press puts it too sleep and one longer longish press brings up the shutdown options. Still use the updated OcQuirks drivers I sent you too bud.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

I did the installation some days ago and I must say I'm very impressed.

When I bought this system I tried to hackintosh my old 2500k & got it up and running thanks to the help of the Olarilla board. It had some issues running well & finally stopped using it.

But this one, damn. It's like a real mac. :drool:

Since the install I've had zero issues, all seems to be running fine but again here are some practical questions.

Quick resume:

Corsair Vengeance 3200

Sapphire RX580

Samsung 960 NVME with Windows

Samsung 970 NVME for macOS

WD Black for storage under Windows

Crucial P1 for storage under macOS

And not really important but all is in the same case as yours but less RGB. :lol:  Didn't try the USB C port yet, don't use it much anyway.

The questions:

1. I thought having prepared a Catalina installer but it wasn't so Mojave was installed. All went fine, tried some stuff and tried the update to Catalina which went fine too. Since I sync my music library between the hackintosh and my MBP which I prefer to keep on Mojave I ran into some issues. So back to Mojave on the hackintosh. I didn't delete anything of Catalina yet, just did the install on an extra volume on the same disk which now resulted in having 3 volumes (maybe 1 extra due to the update Mojave > Catalina?) What I want to know, can I just delete the two Catalina volumes? I won't use them anymore but I'm hesitant because of the EFI, is it on one of those two or elsewhere?

2. I didn't do the CFG unlock yet, is it necessary to do so as I didn't have any issues so far?

3. Is there a way / tool to check if it runs as it should?

4. Can the RGB colors on the board be changed to macOS?

Thanks in advance for the help.

19 hours ago, decat said:

I did the installation some days ago and I must say I'm very impressed.

When I bought this system I tried to hackintosh my old 2500k & got it up and running thanks to the help of the Olarilla board. It had some issues running well & finally stopped using it.

But this one, damn. It's like a real mac. :drool:

Since the install I've had zero issues, all seems to be running fine but again here are some practical questions.

Quick resume:

Corsair Vengeance 3200

Sapphire RX580

Samsung 960 NVME with Windows

Samsung 970 NVME for macOS

WD Black for storage under Windows

Crucial P1 for storage under macOS

And not really important but all is in the same case as yours but less RGB. :lol:  Didn't try the USB C port yet, don't use it much anyway.

The questions:

1. I thought having prepared a Catalina installer but it wasn't so Mojave was installed. All went fine, tried some stuff and tried the update to Catalina which went fine too. Since I sync my music library between the hackintosh and my MBP which I prefer to keep on Mojave I ran into some issues. So back to Mojave on the hackintosh. I didn't delete anything of Catalina yet, just did the install on an extra volume on the same disk which now resulted in having 3 volumes (maybe 1 extra due to the update Mojave > Catalina?) What I want to know, can I just delete the two Catalina volumes? I won't use them anymore but I'm hesitant because of the EFI, is it on one of those two or elsewhere?

2. I didn't do the CFG unlock yet, is it necessary to do so as I didn't have any issues so far?

3. Is there a way / tool to check if it runs as it should?

4. Can the RGB colors on the board be changed to macOS?

Thanks in advance for the help.

1. if Catalina was installed on it’s own drive then go ahead and rebuild the whole drive. If it was built on the same drive via a second partition then check using clover config to see if there’s a EFI partition connected to the Catalina Partition.

2. With a RX580 MSR unlocked isn’t so necessary but saying that a real Mac has MSR Unlocked as standard and it’s a plus to system stability no matter what so with all that in mind I do recommend it.

3. There’s no one specific tool to use that’s better then your eyes and brain, if it all looks good and feels good and there’s no errors showing in the logs then your golden buddy.

4. I’m about to update the thread with a new EFI and or DSDTs for bios F11c for the master and I’m going to post a MSR Unlocked Profile for it while I’m at it. If you tell me what colour you mean by macOS colours then I can program the profile to make the board light up that way for everybody as standard. I was going to set it to RGB colour changing for fun but you tell me and il make it so?

i hope that help, :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

I just got yesterday DSDT patched from Mald0n and I didn't know 11c is Beta and I installed it anyway. So I have to do BIOS profiles from beginning.

Now my questions do I need to rebuild DSDT again after you will post for 11c?

Purpose to disable secondary GPU - 2080ti

Any idea what may cause not to have any video signal after changing bios settings to you ready to go profile?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, LVNona said:

I just got yesterday DSDT patched from Mald0n and I didn't know 11c is Beta and I installed it anyway. So I have to do BIOS profiles from beginning.

Now my questions do I need to rebuild DSDT again after you will post for 11c?

Purpose to disable secondary GPU - 2080ti

Any idea what may cause not to have any video signal after changing bios settings to you ready to go profile?

Thanks

If you wait I while I will update the thread with new A bios profile and DSDTs for f11c, I’m just in the middle of testing now.

If MaLD0n fixed the f10 DSDT for you (the old one) then you need to get the 2080ti disabled again using the new DSDT. The old dsdt should not Be used with bios F11c as it’s wrong for the bios, this is why I have had new ones created for this very reason.

tbh I would of preferred to of waited for the official release of F11 but because gigabyte has made it go live on all its suport pages for the z390 master it’s pushed me into doing it.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

There is a new beta BIOS for the pro version as well btw.

No advantages other than modified power handling, vcore.

Is anything better or are there new settings available with the master release ? GB promised to expose the MSR config option f.i.

cause it's still beta, for my taste it's a bit wasting time and better wait for a final.

Edited by texem

5 hours ago, texem said:

There is a new beta BIOS for the pro version as well btw.

No advantages other than modified power handling, vcore.

Is anything better or are there new settings available with the master release ? GB promised to expose the MSR config option f.i.

cause it's still beta, for my taste it's a bit wasting time and better wait for a final.

@texem I couldn’t agree with you more but gigabyte have put F11c for the master up on all there support pages like it’s a official release and tbh I felt a little pressured into doing it for the master as so many people have requested it from me. I think I’m not going to update the EFI I’m only going to post the DSDTs and wait for the official release before doing a full on EFI update.

As for F11c, it’s abit of a mixed bag. Nice update as it brings back missing features but flawed. Then again isn’t every bios revision flawed In some way?

i didn’t notice anything for MSR In the setting and did it myself the normal way. I wasn’t looking for it though..

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2