AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Do you remember test for VirtualSMC and FakeSMC posted in MP about some smcKey errors? 

The smc errors you were getting?

i do indeed yes, did you get to the bottom of it?

Edited by AudioGod

55 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

The smc errors you were getting?

i do indeed yes, did you get to the bottom of it?

I talk about these errors (SMBIOS Imac19,1 - Catalina): no solution for the moment.

With VirtualSMC 1.0.9/ 1.1.0

(AppleSMCLMU) AppleLMUController::smcGetKeyInfo Error: received error 0x84 when getting key info for 'ALRV'
(AppleSMCLMU) AppleLMUController::smcReadKey Error: received error 0x84 when reading key 'MSLD'
(AppleSMCLMU) AppleLMUController::smcReadKey Error: received error 0x84 when reading key 'ALV0'

With FakeSMC 3.5.3

(AppleSMCLMU) AppleLMUController::smcReadKey Error: received error 0x84 when reading key 'MSLD'

EDIT: I don't understand why I use Desktop SMBIOS not Laptop.

Edited by Matgen84

Hey,

thanks a thousand for this guide (and glasgood's)!

Install went more or less without a hickup, and everything seemed to be working perfectly. However, I'm having these weird small lags where the application I'm in will just stop responding and/or keyboard input stops. The dreaded spinning wheel rainbow wheel shows up now and then. Every UI transition is buttery smooth, however, so I dont think it is related to the GPU? It seems to be completely random. There is no CPU spike going on (I've got Activity monitor up at all times monitoring the state of things) Also, some programs seem to open very random, i.e activity monitor takes a good 7-8 seconds with the spinning wheel.

This is my first hackintosh, so I'm kind of at a loss at how I should even start looking for what's wrong.. 

My setup:

Aorus Master

rx 580

64 gb memory

1080ti disabled by properties

firmware F11c

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide that'll help in troubleshooting..

15 hours ago, psycato said:

Hey,

thanks a thousand for this guide (and glasgood's)!

Install went more or less without a hickup, and everything seemed to be working perfectly. However, I'm having these weird small lags where the application I'm in will just stop responding and/or keyboard input stops. The dreaded spinning wheel rainbow wheel shows up now and then. Every UI transition is buttery smooth, however, so I dont think it is related to the GPU? It seems to be completely random. There is no CPU spike going on (I've got Activity monitor up at all times monitoring the state of things) Also, some programs seem to open very random, i.e activity monitor takes a good 7-8 seconds with the spinning wheel.

This is my first hackintosh, so I'm kind of at a loss at how I should even start looking for what's wrong.. 

My setup:

Aorus Master

rx 580

64 gb memory

1080ti disabled by properties

firmware F11c

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide that'll help in troubleshooting..

Hey buddy sorry for the late response,

how are you disabling the 1080ti ?

have you tried the hack without it installed to see if the problem remains?

51 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Hey buddy sorry for the late response,

how are you disabling the 1080ti ?

have you tried the hack without it installed to see if the problem remains?

Hey,

thanks for the reply. 

I've disabled it according to -> https://khronokernel-4.gitbook.io/disable-unsupported-gpus/

It does not show up in catalina system report.

I have not tried pulling the power from it, do you think it could be the culprit?

Just now, psycato said:

Hey,

thanks for the reply. 

I've disabled it according to -> https://khronokernel-4.gitbook.io/disable-unsupported-gpus/

It does not show up in catalina system report.

I have not tried pulling the power from it, do you think it could be the culprit?

Just to make sure and if it’s not a hassle then remove it and see as it’s Ann easy test to do and will eliminate that all together if t still happening.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AudioGod said:

:thumbsup_anim:

So I disconnected the 1080 ti (power only) and obviously had to turn the PC off for that, but so far it is not showing any signs of lag/stutter/freezing, but they didn't start showing until after a couple of days where the PC had been in sleep mode every night. I'll let it run like this for the next couple of days and see if it creeps back in..

11 minutes ago, psycato said:

So I disconnected the 1080 ti (power only) and obviously had to turn the PC off for that, but so far it is not showing any signs of lag/stutter/freezing, but they didn't start showing until after a couple of days where the PC had been in sleep mode every night. I'll let it run like this for the next couple of days and see if it creeps back in..

Perfect do exactly that and report back with your findings.

if it is the 1080ti we may need to disable it with a ssdt or via the dsdt if the clover method isn’t doing its job for you. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Perfect do exactly that and report back with your findings.

if it is the 1080ti we may need to disable it with a ssdt or via the dsdt if the clover method isn’t doing its job for you. 

I'm starting to think it's related to the RX 580. I did notice that it was using almost 100% memory yesterday when it really started acting up. I just noticed a couple of micro freezes and it looks like the GPU memory usage is slowly increasing.. ->

Thoughts?

Edit: Note, the freezes now just happened when I connected my watch (garmin) to sync it with garmin express.

image.thumb.png.c7e4c42f0141fcd6bcc4d0eefc524459.png

Edited by psycato

Works like a charm for me on two machines with minor adaptions.

Namely this NVRAM fix:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/erd2th/nvram_for_all_300_series_users_rejoice/

And the FileVault extras from here:

https://fewtarius.gitbook.io/laptopguide/extras/enabling-filevault

May I suggest the addition of these to the project?

Machine 1: Z390 Aorus Master, i9-9900k, 5700 XT SE, 64GB RAM

Machine 2: Z390 Aorus Master, i7-8700k, Vega 56, 16 GB RAM

Edited by RHack

@RHack don’t use this ssdt....It has been implemented in my DSDTs by MaLD0n since I started releasing my EFIs, this is why I have always had a native nvram to start with. 
totally not needed.

No one should install the SSDT additionally on my EFI cause it's redundant !!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-21 um 10.41.47.png

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

A very big thank you for this guide!! It made my first Hackintosh installation very smooth and easy!! :thumbsup_anim: 

I am having couple of issues after the installation:

1. My dual monitor setup does not seem to work. Both monitors are detected but the image is displayed on only one.

2. When I wake up the computer after the sleep, the image does not come on (black screen). Need to hard reset.

3. The Geekbench scores are super low, but the system itself seems to be working fast.

My system:

Intel i9-9990k

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master (BIOS F11c)

Corsair 16GB 4000MHz DDR4

XFX Radeon VII 16GB

2 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB 

2 x LG 27UK650 Monitors

EFI: Aorus Z390 Master F11c Navi Vega VII EFI.zip 

BIOS Profile: F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip 

I would be grateful for any advice.

Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 18.19.54.png

Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 18.20.04.png

16 minutes ago, jake_mike said:

A very big thank you for this guide!! It made my first Hackintosh installation very smooth and easy!! :thumbsup_anim: 

I am having couple of issues after the installation:

1. My dual monitor setup does not seem to work. Both monitors are detected but the image is displayed on only one.

2. When I wake up the computer after the sleep, the image does not come on (black screen). Need to hard reset.

3. The Geekbench scores are super low, but the system itself seems to be working fast.

My system:

Intel i9-9990k

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master (BIOS F11c)

Corsair 16GB 4000MHz DDR4

XFX Radeon VII 16GB

2 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB 

2 x LG 27UK650 Monitors

EFI: Aorus Z390 Master F11c Navi Vega VII EFI.zip 

BIOS Profile: F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip 

I would be grateful for any advice.

Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 18.19.54.png

Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 18.20.04.png

your Geekbench score are right for Geekbench 5. (they changed the scoring system from version 5 on) if you wanna see bigger numbers use Geekbench 4 but it looks correct to me. :thumbsup_anim:

how are the monitors conenected to the gpu?

have you also removed the boot argument darkwake=8? if so then put it back or if you haven't change it to darkwake=0 instead.

sorry also if you dont care about sidecar then you might be better off changing the smbios to imacpro1,1 and disabling the igpu in the bios.

having the igpu enabled can hamper performance of the Radeon VII as it can render a lot quicker then the igpu using quick sync can.

here use this EFI with new details as its a different smbios and disable the igpu in the bios.

AudioGod 1,1 EFI.zip

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

your Geekbench score are right for Geekbench 5. (they changed the scoring system from version 5 on) if you wanna see bigger numbers use Geekbench 4 but it looks correct to me. :thumbsup_anim:

how are the monitors conenected to the gpu?

have you also removed the boot argument darkwake=8? if so then put it back or if you haven't change it to darkwake=0 instead.

Ah cool, they seemed to be off when I was comparing to yours that's why I was a bit concerned :)

One is connected via HDMI, second via DP (using DP to HDMI adapter).

I did not touch any arguments in the Clover config. I am complete Hackintosh noob, started learning yesterday (using your guide).