AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@Matgen84 @WizeMan @texem

New Kexts all release no betas. Update Update Update!!!!!!!!!!!

WhateverGreen-136.zip

Lilu 141.zip

AppleALC-145.zip

VirtualSMC 110.zip

:thumbsup_anim:

Im going to have to make a new Updated EFI ain't I? 

@Matgen84 Should I use F11c or F10 as the DSDT for it?

I very much prefer F11c TBH

@AudioGod I think you can make two EFI versions: one with DSDT for F10, one with DSDT for F11c. I don't know if the new DSDT works on F10 and vice versa. As I don't know the difference between these two DSDT.

I also prefer F11c, for the moment.

6 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod I think you can make two EFI versions: one with DSDT for F10, one with DSDT for F11c. I don't know if the new DSDT works on F10 and vice versa. As I don't know the difference between these two DSDT.

I also prefer F11c, for the moment.

The F10 DSDT is no good for F11c and vice versa. The DSDTs are very much Bios Revision Specific.

I would prefer not to post to many variations of the EFI as it will only add confusion especially for the noobs so its F10 or F11c but not both.

Personally I Vote F11c, 

you?

Anybody else wanna chuck there voice in here before I go ahead and do it?

Edited by AudioGod

20 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

The F10 DSDT is no good for F11c and vice versa. The DSDTs are very much Bios Revision Specific.

I would prefer not to post to many variations of the EFI as it will only add confusion especially for the noobs so its F10 or F11c but not both.

Personally I Vote F11c, 

you?

@AudioGod I vote also F11c. It's time to open Github repo: Users can download EFI folder with BIOS F10, or with BIOS F11c. You keep only the latest EFI folder in this topic. What do you think of that? Just my opinion. 

28 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod I vote also F11c. It's time to open Github repo: Users can download EFI folder with BIOS F10, or with BIOS F11c. You keep only the latest EFI folder in this topic. What do you think of that? Just my opinion. 

I keep all EFI under a archive section on my thread and what il do is il put a update warning for F11c and post the f10 dsdt separately with an option to swap over the dsdt.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I keep all EFI under a archive section on my thread and what il do is il put a update warning for F11c and post the f10 dsdt separately with an option to swap over the dsdt.

@AudioGod More simple and more efficiency. I vote for it, my bro. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 8:54 PM, AudioGod said:

1. if Catalina was installed on it’s own drive then go ahead and rebuild the whole drive. If it was built on the same drive via a second partition then check using clover config to see if there’s a EFI partition connected to the Catalina Partition.

2. With a RX580 MSR unlocked isn’t so necessary but saying that a real Mac has MSR Unlocked as standard and it’s a plus to system stability no matter what so with all that in mind I do recommend it.

3. There’s no one specific tool to use that’s better then your eyes and brain, if it all looks good and feels good and there’s no errors showing in the logs then your golden buddy.

4. I’m about to update the thread with a new EFI and or DSDTs for bios F11c for the master and I’m going to post a MSR Unlocked Profile for it while I’m at it. If you tell me what colour you mean by macOS colours then I can program the profile to make the board light up that way for everybody as standard. I was going to set it to RGB colour changing for fun but you tell me and il make it so?

i hope that help, :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the info, Catalina and later on Mojave were installed on the same drive, not partitioned but 'splitted' by using volumes.

I deleted the Catalina volumes and Mojave kept on booting with no problems though there where still two boot options for the same drive in the board's boot manager.  To keep it 'clean' I wiped whole the drive and installed Mojave from scratch.

MSR profile will be installed soon, pitty the graphic card always needs to be removed to access the board's battery. :|

Programming a RGB color in the board is not necessary for me, but thanks for the proposal. You'll never be able to content everybody by chosing one color.  Thanks again for the work you all are putting in to this, unbelievable. :w00t:

Just now, LVNona said:

That's awesome for new updates - thanks for quick work ;)

I have GTX 780 running on primary slot and looks like no problems, but i got confused from all over place is it better to enable or disable IGPU?

Thanks ;)

SMBIOS 19,1 = IGPU Enabled so yes indeed you want it enabled plus it will aid your GTX 780 nicely :) 

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

SMBIOS 19,1 = IGPU Enabled so yes indeed you want it enabled plus it will aid your GTX 780 nicely :) 

OK great, ill try tonight and I have to use?

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M to 512M

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M to MAX

3 minutes ago, LVNona said:

OK great, ill try tonight and I have to use?

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M to 512M

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M to MAX

you can use either but start with 

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M 

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Test and then try the raising it and test again and go with whatever works best with your gpu.

let me know how it goes :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

NEW Clover Major EFI and DSDT UPDATE, 14th January 2020 (Use With Bios Revision F11c Only or read below)

Important Notice

This New EFI Contains a brand new DSDT made for for the Z390 Master Bios Revision F11c ONLY, If you dont want to update your bios and I personally recommend you do then replace the new DSDT with your old F10 DSDT and then you can continue using the F10 bios with the new EFIs.

The EFI and DSDT has now been updated to the my latest version.

Changes made include,

New DSDT's For bios revision F11c ONLY

OcQuirks Revision 12

Whatevergreen 1.3.6

Lilu 1.4.1

AppleALC-145

VirtualSMC 1.10

Clover Updated too Revision 5103

Plus other minor tweaks to the clover config

EFI Update - 14/01/2020 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

Aorus Z390 Master F11c Navi Vega VII EFI.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

Aorus Z390 Master F11c RX Polaris EFI.zip - RX5XX Polaris DSDT EFI

If you prefer using SMBios 1,1 then by all means switch to it but all the old problems of using 19,1 are corrected now with this EFI plus DRM is fully working unless you have a Polaris gpu. Just to add, SMBios 19,1 is the correct one to be using for our chipset and cpu, if you check the spec of a real macpro it is not a using a CoffeeLake CPU or Z3xx chipset. It does work perfectly but correct is correct so 19,1 it is.

Please Note, If you use a 5700 or 5700XT then SMBios 1,1 in unstable using the Navi GPUs so please stick to 19,1 with igpu enabled.

Alternative EFI - N-D-K Fork of OpenCore 14th January 2020 Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios (DSDT F10 is already in the ACPI Folder you just need to rename it)

Big Thanks to @texem for hes countless hours of hard work and help to bring a fully working version of OpenCore using SMBios 19,1 for you all to try.

We have chosen to use N-D-K's Fork of OpenCore as it works happily alongside windows and has a lot of features and changes that I wish were in the original version of OpenCore,

Support on this thread for these EFIs won't be great but @texem and myself will help out where we can. 

PLEASE NOTE - All bios settings and guide notes are the same for these EFI's and the SMBios is now set to 19,1

OC Aorus Z390 Master Navi Vega VII EFI.zip - Vega 56/64 Navi (5700/5700XT) & Radeon VII DSDT Bios F11c

OC Aorus Z390 Master RX Polaris EFI.zip - RX Polaris Series DSDT Bios F11c

Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F11c Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :

249434888_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_26_02.thumb.png.948834bc41d84df577e126ae92c9d773.png

Additional Downloads

mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F11c 

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way (Bios F11c ONLY)

Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU

F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AudioGod said:

you can use either but start with 

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M 

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Test and then try the raising it and test again and go with whatever works best with your gpu.

let me know how it goes :thumbsup_anim:

Ok,great and what is the best way to test? And I Enabled my IGPU but from MAC system info it shows only Dedicated GPU which is GTX 780. Is that normal?

6 minutes ago, LVNona said:

Ok,great and what is the best way to test? And I Enabled my IGPU but from MAC system info it shows only Dedicated GPU which is GTX 780. Is that normal?

That’s perfect and exactly what you should see when the igpu is running in headless mode.

if you look in geekbench your see both Gpus listed.

test using luxmark and just general use really. Your know instinctively what setting feel, look and work better. You can use geekbench too but it score is all over the place every time you test so it’s not a tool to gauge what’s going on really.

Edited by AudioGod

20 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

That’s perfect and exactly what you should see when the igpu is running in headless mode.

if you look in geekbench your see both Gpus listed.

test using luxmark and just general use really. Your know instinctively what setting feel, look and work better. You can use geekbench too but it score is all over the place every time you test so it’s not a tool to gauge what’s going on really.

So I overclocked up to 5.1 and IPGU set to 512 & MAX ... scores on benchmark looks low, but I have feeling because of GTX780.

But Catalina feels better and it flyes. 

Only last thing is left I need to figure out how to get 60+ mhz on monitor.

Now best I get is 50 hertz on 3440x1440 with HDMI.

It might be limitation of HDMI - I'll play.

DisplayPort not able to use because monitor already ocupated DisplayPort from Win10 2080ti

Any suggestions are welcome ;)

18 minutes ago, LVNona said:

So I overclocked up to 5.1 and IPGU set to 512 & MAX ... scores on benchmark looks low, but I have feeling because of GTX780.

But Catalina feels better and it flyes. 

Only last thing is left I need to figure out how to get 60+ mhz on monitor.

Now best I get is 50 hertz on 3440x1440 with HDMI.

It might be limitation of HDMI - I'll play.

DisplayPort not able to use because monitor already ocupated DisplayPort from Win10 2080ti

Any suggestions are welcome ;)

Use cinibench r20 to test your cpu and luxmark for the gpu

dont try comparing against my scores as your never beat them, :hysterical: (jokes)  I’m at 5.2 with no avx offset , 4.7 cache, 3600mhz @ 16 16 16 36 and I’m under water and I overclock for a living,

my hack is tight!  :startreck:

for your monitor add the boot argument  -cdfon  and then reboot and see if that fixes it (this will enable HDMI 2.0 properly and should give you all your refresh rates and resolutions)

Edited by AudioGod

31 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Use cinibench r20 to test your cpu and luxmark for the gpu

dont try comparing against my scores as your never beat them, :hysterical: (jokes)  I’m at 5.2 with no avx offset , 4.7 cache, 3600mhz @ 16 16 16 36 and I’m under water and I overclock for a living,

my hack is tight!  :startreck:

for your monitor add the boot argument  -cdfon  and then reboot and see if that fixes it (this will enable HDMI 2.0 properly and should give you all your refresh rates and resolutions)

I haver moster water cool build as well. Dual rad, dual d5 pump + cpu+gpu1+gpu2 blocks;)

can you share your 5.2 Bios setting profile? 

-cdfon - haven't done any changes - Hertz selection is still locked and when I try to use ALT button - different resolution I can select but Herz still locked

Edited by LVNona

1 minute ago, LVNona said:

I haver moster water cool build as well. Dual rad, dual d5 pump + cpu+gpu1+gpu2 blocks;)

can you share your 5.2 Bios setting profile? 

That would be cheating, LoL

i don’t mind sending them to you sure , I won’t post them for anybody to try though il pm them to you.

i have a very golden 9900k so don’t expect to be able to hit or maintain 5.2 with no avx offset but I’m very interested to see what happens when you try it,,,lololol

give me a few mins and il do it now for you ;) 

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

That would be cheating, LoL

i don’t mind sending them to you sure , I won’t post them for anybody to try though il pm them to you.

i have a very golden 9900k so don’t expect to be able to hit or maintain 5.2 with no avx offset but I’m very interested to see what happens when you try it,,,lololol

give me a few mins and il do it now for you ;) 

thanks buddy ;) 

Any idea what else might help besides -cdfon

Updated to the latest bios, CFG profile and EFI.

All seems to be working fine for now.

The only minor culprit I have is that menumeters (app to show cpu usage & temp, ram & network usage) doesn't show the temperature anymore.

10 minutes ago, decat said:

Updated to the latest bios, CFG profile and EFI.

All seems to be working fine for now.

The only minor culprit I have is that menumeters (app to show cpu usage & temp, ram & network usage) doesn't show the temperature anymore.

Il send you the extra VirtualSMC kexts to make it work again for you when I’m back home in a few hours bud. :thumbsup_anim:

in-fact I think they might be in here.
VirtualSMC 110.zip

if it’s not in there let me know.

there should be two extra kexts, if they are there add them to your kext folder and reboot. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Il send you the extra VirtualSMC kexts to make it work again for you when I’m back home in a few hours bud. :thumbsup_anim:

in-fact I think they might be in here.
VirtualSMC 110.zip

if it’s not in there let me know.

there should be two extra kexts, if they are there add them to your kext folder and reboot. 

zip contains the  two extra kexts and they are necessary now.  

SuperIO kext is updated f.i. and fan's are all visible with HWMonitorSMC2

Have a look with ioregexplorer for SMCSuperIO

• Like 3

1 hour ago, texem said:

zip contains the  two extra kexts and they are necessary now.  

SuperIO kext is updated f.i. and fan's are all visible with HWMonitorSMC2

Have a look with ioregexplorer for SMCSuperIO

I thought I left them in there. I removed all the other rubbish though lol

Edited by AudioGod