[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

Oh {censored} 8GB+ for Beta installer is ridiculous BIG..!!! #LOL :lol:

Guys, can you share (7) new Desktop Pictures from Beta 8 plz? Exported as 1080p *.jpg prabably.. Thanks.

Hi @Badruzeus

Just click on "en cliquant sur ce lien (187Mo)" at the end of the article. Or download one by one.

Link to the article below

New Wallpaper Beta 8

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

HP 250 G5/Skylake/I5/520 graphics/sunrise point   Insyde H20 updated with TPM, virtualizaton and secure boot disabled.  19A546d USB boots -v cpus=1 and begins install ok.  After first reboot installer hangs at 14 minutes remaining with high CPU/fan use and no HDD write activity.   Same after 4-5 hours.  First reboot apparently creates the volume group and writes the installer files to the Data volume ok.  Clover shows preboot/installer  installer and Recovery icons.  It appears that there are no system files being written to the System volume.  The reboot USB verbose output screen indicates 'assertion failed 19A546d'.  Mojave boots/runs ok on its own partition same HDD.   Anyone with similar installer issue on HP notebook and/or Insyde BIOS?  Any help appreciated.

Essentials.zip

Edited by HenryV
further clarification

12 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

anyone cache error issue?
after update dp8, and rebuild kernel cache for audio kext, then reboot. i get error loading kernel cache 0xe.

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

11 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

thank youyes. very strange. i never problem since dp1 to dp7.
i lost battery indicator. some kexts are not load.

8 hours ago, aben92 said:

Update to Beta 8 Catalina casing panic for  Apple Intel Graphics frambuffer even after using platform ID 0x12345678 and rebuilding cache using Hackintool, had no issues with any of the previous beta upgrades, anyone else having this issue ? 
Seems like Apple did something system wide 

Try rebuilding the prelinkedkernel from Catalina Recovery Terminal.....eg

Check SIP disabled with csrutil status.  If not, disable...

-bash-3.2# csrutil disable
Successfully disabled System Integrity Protection. Please restart the machine for the changes to take effect.

Delete/rename existing prelinkedkernel, then rebuild...

-bash-3.2# ls /Volumes
/Volumes:
Catalina		Image Volume		WIN10
Catalina - Data		MACRIUM Backups		macOS Base System
HiSierra		Macintosh HD
-bash-3.2# rm /Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel 
-bash-3.2# touch /Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions/ && kextcache -u /Volumes/Catalina
Warning: /Volumes/Catalina/AppleInternal/Library/Extensions: No such file or directory
Kext with invalid signature (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa3a727e730 [0x104e2da30]> { URL = "file:///Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa3a7136350 [0x104e2da30]> { URL = "file:///Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions/IOSurface.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IOSurface" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa3a5c585a0 [0x104e2da30]> { URL = "file:///Volumes/Catalina/Library/Extensions/Disabler.kext/", ID = "net.osrom.kext.Disabler" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa3a5c146a0 [0x104e2da30]> { URL = "file:///Volumes/Catalina/Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBInjector.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.LegacyUSBInjector" }
KernelCache ID: F9D4C4C99F1E30691AFF1E8A7C14D341
symlink("../../../PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/Volumes/Catalina/Library/Apple/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 2 (No such file or directory)
-bash-3.2# 

• Like 2

-bash-3.2# csrutil disableSuccessfully disabled System Integrity Protection. Please restart the machine for the changes to take effect.

-bash-3.2# ls /Volumes/Volumes:Catalina		Image Volume		WIN10Catalina - Data		MACRIUM Backups		macOS Base SystemHiSierra		Macintosh HD-bash-3.2# rm /Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -bash-3.2# touch /Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions/ && kextcache -u /Volumes/CatalinaWarning: /Volumes/Catalina/AppleInternal/Library/Extensions: No such file or directoryKext with invalid signature (-67054) allowed:  0x7fa3a727e730 [0x104e2da30]> { URL = "file:///Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily" }Kext with invalid signature (-67030) allowed:  0x7fa3a7136350 [0x104e2da30]> { URL = "file:///Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions/IOSurface.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IOSurface" }Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed:  0x7fa3a5c585a0 [0x104e2da30]> { URL = "file:///Volumes/Catalina/Library/Extensions/Disabler.kext/", ID = "net.osrom.kext.Disabler" }Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed:  0x7fa3a5c146a0 [0x104e2da30]> { URL = "file:///Volumes/Catalina/Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBInjector.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.LegacyUSBInjector" }KernelCache ID: F9D4C4C99F1E30691AFF1E8A7C14D341symlink("../../../PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/Volumes/Catalina/Library/Apple/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 2 (No such file or directory)-bash-3.2# 

my samsung ssd was died today.
very strange. i have to buy ssd again.
will test from same setting.
thanks

• Sad 1

-bash-3.2# csrutil disableSuccessfully disabled System Integrity Protection. Please restart the machine for the changes to take effect.

-bash-3.2# ls /Volumes/Volumes:Catalina		Image Volume		WIN10Catalina - Data		MACRIUM Backups		macOS Base SystemHiSierra		Macintosh HD-bash-3.2# rm /Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -bash-3.2# touch /Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions/ && kextcache -u /Volumes/CatalinaWarning: /Volumes/Catalina/AppleInternal/Library/Extensions: No such file or directoryKext with invalid signature (-67054) allowed:  0x7fa3a727e730 [0x104e2da30]> { URL = "file:///Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily" }Kext with invalid signature (-67030) allowed:  0x7fa3a7136350 [0x104e2da30]> { URL = "file:///Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions/IOSurface.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IOSurface" }Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed:  0x7fa3a5c585a0 [0x104e2da30]> { URL = "file:///Volumes/Catalina/Library/Extensions/Disabler.kext/", ID = "net.osrom.kext.Disabler" }Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed:  0x7fa3a5c146a0 [0x104e2da30]> { URL = "file:///Volumes/Catalina/Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBInjector.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.LegacyUSBInjector" }KernelCache ID: F9D4C4C99F1E30691AFF1E8A7C14D341symlink("../../../PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/Volumes/Catalina/Library/Apple/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 2 (No such file or directory)-bash-3.2# 

Hi thanks for the help but unfortunately that method didn’t help, from what it looks like probably Apple changed the way kernel caches are loaded with Beta 8 and also the command “kextcache -u” doesn’t rebuild on Beta 8 only -i works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for the help but unfortunately that method didn’t help, from what it looks like probably Apple changed the way kernel caches are loaded with Beta 8 and also the command “kextcache -u” doesn’t rebuild on Beta 8 only -i works

47 minutes ago, aben92 said:

Hi thanks for the help but unfortunately that method didn’t help, from what it looks like probably Apple changed the way kernel caches are loaded with Beta 8 emoji2369.png and also the command “kextcache -u” doesn’t rebuild on Beta 8 only -i works

Hi thanks for the help but unfortunately that method didn’t help, from what it looks like probably Apple changed the way kernel caches are loaded with Beta 8 emoji2369.png and also the command “kextcache -u” doesn’t rebuild on Beta 8 only -i works

@chris1111, sherlocks,

Same here, I get

error kernel cache,

will sleep to restart in 10 sec on booting,

a fresh install of beta 8 using dosdude's files for manual legacy video patch and cannot remove and rebuild kernel cache using recovery.

Any new workaround for graphics .

Specs in sig.'

TIA

• Like 2

[mention=951341]chris1111[/mention], sherlocks,

Same here, I get
error kernel cache,

a fresh install of beta 8 using dosdude's files for manual legacy video patch and cannot remove and rebuild kernel cache using recovery.
Specs in sig.'
TIA

after rebuild cache always get kernel cache error.
also my ssd died. i think we need new dp.
upto dp7, there was no problem.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

my samsung ssd was died today.
very strange. i have to buy ssd again.
will test from same setting.
thanks

I'm off topic, but how did it die? Corrupt data or not recognised anymore?

Edited by Pene
  • Like 1

Hello friends, I would like some help with the WLAN PCIe card TP-Link WDN4800

In my hacki (see my signature PC-1) to DP7 in Catalina 10:15 the card was still running with changed kexten iO80211Family.kext and changed CoreCaptureResponder.kext and corecapture.kext.
Well since the DP8, this does not work anymore, the kexte are no longer loaded in S /L /E, as I have seen in system information in extensions.
Do I have to buy a new combo card Wi-Fi Bluetooth or can you still use the TP-Link WDN4800 under Catalina DP8?

Edited by pinarek

58 minutes ago, pinarek said:

Hello friends, I would like some help with the WLAN PCIe card TP-Link WDN4800

In my hacki (see my signature PC-1) to DP7 in Catalina 10:15 the card was still running with changed kexten iO80211Family.kext and changed CoreCaptureResponder.kext and corecapture.kext.
Well since the DP8, this does not work anymore, the kexte are no longer loaded in S /L /E, as I have seen in system information in extensions.
Do I have to buy a new combo card Wi-Fi Bluetooth or can you still use the TP-Link WDN4800 under Catalina DP8?

I have the same card in one of my test systems. I'll update that system to DP8 tomorrow to see if I have the same result.

In the meantime you could give this a try: 

Edited by ricoc90

Thank you my Friend @ricoc90

Your hints with the 2 Install Tools (I've seen 2 of them in downloads) already tried, none works!

Something has to be changed by Apple.

I'll buy the USB thing here next:

Edimax EW-7833UAC - Network Adapter - USB 3.0 - 802.11b, 802.11a, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac

Nevertheless, I would be happy about a test report from you, with the DP8.

cyberdevs. Atheros installer works for me with os(19A558d) but I first had to disable sip.  by booting  from a bootable usb. then go to terminal type csrutil disable in terminal. restart. to my os then run the Atheros installer. hope this helps others

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

i dont know. my oem ssd is pm871 samsung 512gb ssd. suddenly died after update dp8.
very strange. im first experienced died ssd.

What do you means exactly by "died"?

On 9/13/2019 at 12:31 AM, aben92 said:

On 9/13/2019 at 1:21 AM, macq said:

a fresh install of beta 8 using dosdude's files for manual legacy video patch and cannot remove and rebuild kernel cache using recovery

For those having problems, how did you disable SIP?

What is the output of running csrutil status and nvram csr-active-config in terminal?  Do you have an "unsupported configuration"?

Note:  If you disable SIP the "Apple way" by running csrutil disable in Recovery terminal (or boot to terminal on Catalina Installer USB), csr-active-config will have a value of w%02%00%00.  This "supported" SIP configuration can also be achieved with with Clover CsrActiveConfig setting of 0x0277.

Despite the comments above, I have personally tested rebuilding my prelinkedkernel by booting to Catalina Recovery, typing

touch /Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions/ && kextcache -u /Volumes/Catalina

and IT WORKS with csr-active-config = w%02%00%00.  The example in my previous post was actual saved output from the Recovery Terminal where I deliberately deleted the old Catalina prelinkedkernel - if the prelinkedkernel was not rebuilt successfully, I would not have been able to boot the next time.

If you use @dosdude's Catalina patcher to install 10.15, you can try deleting SIPManager.kext in /Library/Extensions as it will also cause an "unsupported configuration" for SIP (and also unnecessary for hackintosh users who disable SIP with their boot loader).

Edit

I see someone later changed their tune :whistle::)

7 hours ago, macq said:

then boot to a separate install of dp7 and replace the required asentientbot frameworks/patches from there,

boot to recovery of dp8 and then rebuild kernel cache.

7 hours ago, macq said:

Being asked to show light to a sun , but here it goes,

My disk is labelled Catalina

touch /Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions/  && kextcache -u /Volumes/Catalina

Edited by fusion71au
Someone didn't correct the record and acknowledge the OP
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, fusion71au said:

What is the output of running csrutil status and nvram csr-active-config in terminal?  Do you have an "unsupported configuration"?

Note:  If you disable SIP the "Apple way" by running csrutil disable in Recovery terminal (or boot to terminal on Catalina Installer USB), csr-active-config

will have a value of w%02%00%00.  This "supported" SIP configuration can also be achieved with with Clover CsrActiveConfig setting of 0x0277.

Despite the comments above, I have personally tested rebuilding my prelinkedkernel by booting to Catalina Recovery using kextcache -u and IT WORKS with csr-active-config = w%02%00%00.  The example in my previous post was actual saved output from the Recovery Terminal where I deliberately deleted the old Catalina prelinkedkernel - if the prelinkedkernel was not rebuilt successfully, I would not have been able to boot the next time.

If you use @dosdude's Catalina patcher to install 10.15, you can try deleting SIPManager.kext in /Library/Extensions as it will also cause an "unsupported configuration" for SIP (and also unnecessary for hackintosh users who disable SIP with their boot loader).

Thanks for those explanations :)

Actually, I use CsrActiveConfig setting of 0x3E7 with Clover. Do you think is better to remplace by 0x0277

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks for those explanations :)

Actually, I use CsrActiveConfig setting of 0x3E7 with Clover. Do you think is better to remplace by 0x0277

Hi @Matgen84.

That's the setting I use and it works for me :)

Definitely Apple is locking down SIP in DP8 and I was just curious as to what CsrActiveConfig value those having problems were using. 

As an example of "funny business" going on, after I deleted dosdude's SIPManager.kext from /L/E and in standard Catalina terminal typed sudo touch System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /, I found SIPManager kext still loaded on the next reboot (checked with kextstat | grep -v com.apple.com) ie SIPManager.kext was still "hiding" in the prelinkedkernel and not purged.

Only when I booted to Catalina Recovery with csr-active-config = w%02%00%00, deleted the old prelinkedkernel THEN rebuilt with

touch /Volumes/Catalina/System/Library/Extensions/ && kextcache -u /Volumes/Catalina

did the new prelinkedkernel work properly on the next boot (no more SIPManager.kext loading).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pinarek said:

Thank you my Friend @ricoc90

Your hints with the 2 Install Tools (I've seen 2 of them in downloads) already tried, none works!

Something has to be changed by Apple.

I'll buy the USB thing here next:

Edimax EW-7833UAC - Network Adapter - USB 3.0 - 802.11b, 802.11a, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac

Nevertheless, I would be happy about a test report from you, with the DP8.

Use the lates Gatekeeper Toggler to enable write access in Catalina and then run the Atheros installer afterwards. It should work.

Note:  If you disable SIP the "Apple way" by running csrutil disable in Recovery terminal (or boot to terminal on Catalina Installer USB), csr-active-config
 will have a value of w%02%00%00.  This "supported" SIP configuration can also be achieved with with Clover CsrActiveConfig setting of 0x0277.

Despite the comments above, I have personally tested rebuilding my prelinkedkernel by booting to Catalina Recovery using kextcache -u and IT WORKS with csr-active-config = w%02%00%00.  The example in my previous post was actual saved output from the Recovery Terminal where I deliberately deleted the old Catalina prelinkedkernel - if the prelinkedkernel was not rebuilt successfully, I would not have been able to boot the next time.

If you use [mention=847160]dosdude[/mention]'s Catalina patcher to install 10.15, you can try deleting SIPManager.kext in /Library/Extensions as it will also cause an "unsupported configuration" for SIP (and also unnecessary for hackintosh users who disable SIP with their boot loader).

Hi, tried this method of disabling SIP, kextcache -u command still doesn’t do anything on beta 8 recovery terminal only kextcache -i command rebuilds deleted prelinkedkernel also still getting AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer kernel panic, looks like iGPU Id 0x19160000 isn’t being injected for some reason I can’t figure out why, Lilu Whatevergreen all updated and loading, can somebody help out what’s happening

20 hours ago, macq said:

@chris1111, sherlocks,

Same here, I get

error kernel cache,

Specs in sig.'

TIA

I do not use the patcher dosdude1 for my hackintosh, the patcher is designed for real mac, it installs kext and things for real mac!
No one has successfully have the GeForce and Intel kext load on the beta 8 with our hackintoshin IN S/L/E  even my package legacy video for Beta-8  does not work and that's why I did not put it on github available.

• Like 4

I do not use the patcher dosdude1 for my hackintosh, the patcher is designed for real mac, it installs kext and things for real mac!
No one has successfully have the GeForce and Intel kext load on the beta 8 with our hackintoshin IN S/L/E  even my package legacy video for Beta-8  does not work and that's why I did not put it on github available.

kernel cache rebuild not working on dp8 right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sherlocks said:

kernel cache rebuild not working on dp8 right?

it seems that's the case, I have a loop and at the end all the verbose mode scrolls quickly with a fast reboot