Glasgood's macOS Mojave [SUCCESS][GUIDE] for Aorus Z390 Pro

glasgood
1,582 posts in this topic

@glasgood just a quick last question, I reinstalled the OS to 10.14.4 to test the Bluetooth then updated to 10.14.5, same thing, I realised that the issue happens when I connect my Matias Wireless Keyboard, the keyboard has the ability to pair with 4 devices, so I have paired it with my hackintosh, my macbook pro, my apple TV and my android tablet (photo attached), it works fine everywhere except my hackintosh, once I connect to hackintosh the Bluetooth starts to lag and basically becomes almost unusable.

You suggested me to buy ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS, I just want to ask, since I already have the TP-LINK Archer T6E PCI-EX is there any other cart or Bluetooth adapter that you have tested and you could suggest me to buy? Or I just should unplug my current WiFi cart and the USB bt dongle and install the ABWB cart? 

Is it possible that because the keyboard has the ability to pair with multiple devices is a bit "too heavy" for the USB dongle? Or that doesn't have anything to do with it? 

In regards to the keyboard, before I buy it I made sure it works on hackintosh, and actually it is the most suggested keyboard for both apple products and hackintosh, so I thought that I should not have any issue with it. 

And a last question, since I'm new to hackintosh, hibernate is a functionality that we cannot have? 

Thanks! 

IMG-20190518-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20190518-WA0000.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, panosru said:

@glasgood just a quick last question, I reinstalled the OS to 10.14.4 to test the Bluetooth then updated to 10.14.5, same thing, I realised that the issue happens when I connect my Matias Wireless Keyboard, the keyboard has the ability to pair with 4 devices, so I have paired it with my hackintosh, my macbook pro, my apple TV and my android tablet (photo attached), it works fine everywhere except my hackintosh, once I connect to hackintosh the Bluetooth starts to lag and basically becomes almost unusable.

You suggested me to buy ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS, I just want to ask, since I already have the TP-LINK Archer T6E PCI-EX is there any other cart or Bluetooth adapter that you have tested and you could suggest me to buy? Or I just should unplug my current WiFi cart and the USB bt dongle and install the ABWB cart? 

Is it possible that because the keyboard has the ability to pair with multiple devices is a bit "too heavy" for the USB dongle? Or that doesn't have anything to do with it? 

In regards to the keyboard, before I buy it I made sure it works on hackintosh, and actually it is the most suggested keyboard for both apple products and hackintosh, so I thought that I should not have any issue with it. 

And a last question, since I'm new to hackintosh, hibernate is a functionality that we cannot have? 

Thanks! 

@panosru

Previously I was using a genuine Mac Mini 2014 before building the Aorus Pro Hackintosh and used a Wireless keyboard and mouse and experienced lag with the mouse. I wish I had an answer for you regarding the lag with your keyboard, unfortunately i don't. Also it could be possible you may still experience lag with ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS card.  The reason I suggest using that card is because you can be certain that iMessages, Handoff, Airdrop,  continuity etc will work. Also the BCM943602CS card is used in retail iMac's. In theory, with the BCM943602CS combo Wifi-Bluetooth card being used in iMac's you would expect bluetooth to be sound. 

I'm using a genuine wired Apple Keyboard with my hack.  

As far as I know, there is no menu for hibernation within macOS.  But when you put mac to sleep, there are options to save sleepimage to RAM and Disk. 

So example:

//Ref---> pmset

// SAVE SLEEP IMAGE TO DISK, REMOVE POWER FROM RAM AND OTHER DEVICES
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25

Command to save sleepimage to RAM

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Other alternatives:

Command to save sleep image to Disk

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1

Command to save sleep image to RAM and Disk

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3

Command to sleep

sudo pmset sleepnow

Edited by glasgood

4 hours ago, glasgood said:

@AudioGod

Hi, 

Peer pressure :hysterical: I just updated BIOS from version F5 to F9, So I tested sleep and audio did not resume after wake from sleep. Can you test ? Put hack to sleep and then on wake, can you hear audio / sound from youtube etc.. I seem to have it fixed, and have attached an SSDT and kext to guide. 

@AudioGod 

Late update, completed a fresh install of macOS Mojave on a test drive. Tested sleep and sound. Sound is fully working after wake from sleep, so no need to use  CodecCommander.kext and SSDT-ALC1220.

Oh no I feel like that's my fault I'm so sorry buddy....ops!

Before i started my hack I updated the bios so I never encountered any of that and everything worked fine after sleep and wake out of the gate for me.

I'm in the habit of always updating a motherboard bios before I start a fresh system boot. I've been doing that for over 10 years so I just assume so does everybody else...lol...sorry again buddy, I hope you don't have to reboot your build. :(

Edited by AudioGod

wifi-bluetooth mounted and worked perfect!! 

Ok now if i wanna to switch to windows 10 and Mojave i have to load in bios the preferences saved for each system, and its ok for me.

The thing thaat i hate and i dont understand is why i can save many options (almos all) under profile and not the bootsequence?

I mean, when i use Mojave i have to load the mojave profile (and its ok) but after i have to wait and hit f12 and select which rive to boot.... :blink:

on m.2 970 i have windows 10, on 860 i have mojave (on another data)

i cant believe a bios cant still save this setting.....

And what about "Logitech C920 HD Pro"?

thx a lot like always !! 

When i'll test all i'll put photos of my baby :lol:

Edited by blackwalker

23 hours ago, glasgood said:

If anyone reading has working iTunes drm movies then please let us know

Hi glasgood I don't know how or why but all my Films purchased from iTunes work - before on other machines I had to jump through hoops to get them to play. By the way I've just updated the BIOS to F9 also dual booting with Windows10 pro I have not Benched Marked as yet I am still tinkering since the wife won't let me spend £400.00/£500.00 on the CPU I wanted (Hmmmm - Now about that insurance policy I took out on her - JUST KIDDING :)). I will follow your Guide to usb mapping so wish me luck.

How to stop Windows boot manager from overriding your Hackintosh Clover boot manager when dual booting between macOS and Windows

@blackwalker

Edited by glasgood

9 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hi glasgood I don't know how or why but all my Films purchased from iTunes work - before on other machines I had to jump through hoops to get them to play. By the way I've just updated the BIOS to F9 also dual booting with Windows10 pro I have not Benched Marked as yet I am still tinkering since the wife won't let me spend £400.00/£500.00 on the CPU I wanted (Hmmmm - Now about that insurance policy I took out on her - JUST KIDDING :)). I will follow your Guide to usb mapping so wish me luck.

Can you stream iTunes video ?  :):thumbsup_anim:

2 minutes ago, glasgood said:

Can you stream iTunes video

Don't know, never tried or even know how -- Take it easy Man I'm in my Victor Mildrew years, small steps please with a Zimmer frame :hysterical:.

13 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Don't know, never tried or even know how -- Take it easy Man I'm in my Victor Mildrew years, small steps please with a Zimmer frame :hysterical:.

I'm borderline Victor Meldrew :D

17 minutes ago, glasgood said:

I'm borderline Victor Meldrew :D

Yea!!!!!! maybe we can start a brotherhood for oldies :hysterical: - I took early retirement last June and loving it that's the reason why I can mess around with builds and installs - The upside the wife is still working, if she had her way I'd be down a bloody allotment with a fork and a hoe planting spuds and onions :hysterical:

43 minutes ago, Moviemakergr said:

Hey bro,can u please share your efi folder.. ?

We have the same setup..

Thanks.

Hi,

Use Glasgoods EFI Folder buddy from page 1 on here, it contains the SSDT I made from my build and it's what I started with and it should work perfectly from the word go for you plus if you have any problems you have plenty kind people on here to help you out.

I'm at work at the mo or I would send you mine anyway but trust me everything you need for a perfect hack is right here for you already bro.

Just take your time with a cup or tea and read everything twice and go slow and your be fine.

Edited by AudioGod

3 hours ago, glasgood said:

How to stop Windows boot manager from overriding your Hackintosh Clover boot manager when dual booting between macOS and Windows

@blackwalker

I'm sorry, maybe I explained myself wrongly.
I wanted to say that I need to:

- Enter Bios

- Load Windows 10 Settings and boot (and its ok because first drive is m2.ssd)

- Enter Bios

- Load Mojave settings and boot (i cant do it because the first drive is alwyas m2.ssd with windows 10)

no way to save in profile different boot order :(

Hey @glasgood !

I am thinking to change my mobo for this one with a i9-9900K. Just had few questions, what's the purpose of RTCMemoryFixup ? Seems be developped by lvs1974 but I can't find anything on his Github ?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Delecta said:

Hey @glasgood !

I am thinking to change my mobo for this one with a i9-9900K. Just had few questions, what's the purpose of RTCMemoryFixup ? Seems be developped by lvs1974 but I can't find anything on his Github ?

Thank you

An excellent motherboard go for it !!! , best Hackintosh board I have owned. 

You can  Clover Configurator to see what each kext is used for:

1364435302_Screenshot2019-05-21at14_41_45.thumb.png.efc808ffec667d13db500173903c1da2.png

I just noticed a day or so ago that under System Information - PCI I haven't any entries since I updated my build with the new EFI and config.plist.  To fix it I followed the steps and I used the Hackintool to export my pcidevices.plist and copied everything over, through Plistedit Pro, and save for the default names all looked good.  Unfortunately on reboot I onboard sound was disabled.  I fiddled with it a bit, and I am guessing, maybe having "hda-gfx" entry present in Devices: Properties caused something to go awry.  Once I deleted that entry from the table, I rebooted and all was back to normal.

I was wondering if anyone else ran into that, as I am unsure what the hda-gfx string would do to cause the hiccup.  

Anyhow its working now, and I did a GB benchmark after the 10.14.5 upgrade and it looks good to me for the cpu.  Not sure if this counts as overclocking, but I did set the Enhanced Multicore Performance to Enabled in the Bios for a little boost. 

GBench.jpg

If I mount the same setup by swapping for an i7 9700k can I follow the whole tutorial? Or would he have some change to make?

I want to buy the processor, but I do not know if I'm opting for the 8700 or 9700k.

Sorry for my english, I'm using google translate

6 hours ago, BSouza said:

If I mount the same setup by swapping for an i7 9700k can I follow the whole tutorial? Or would he have some change to make?

I want to buy the processor, but I do not know if I'm opting for the 8700 or 9700k.

Sorry for my english, I'm using google translate

@BSouza

Tutorial will work with i7-9700k :)  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hifi33 said:

I just noticed a day or so ago that under System Information - PCI I haven't any entries since I updated my build with the new EFI and config.plist.  To fix it I followed the steps and I used the Hackintool to export my pcidevices.plist and copied everything over, through Plistedit Pro, and save for the default names all looked good.  Unfortunately on reboot I onboard sound was disabled.  I fiddled with it a bit, and I am guessing, maybe having "hda-gfx" entry present in Devices: Properties caused something to go awry.  Once I deleted that entry from the table, I rebooted and all was back to normal.

I was wondering if anyone else ran into that, as I am unsure what the hda-gfx string would do to cause the hiccup.  

Anyhow its working now, and I did a GB benchmark after the 10.14.5 upgrade and it looks good to me for the cpu.  Not sure if this counts as overclocking, but I did set the Enhanced Multicore Performance to Enabled in the Bios for a little boost. 

GBench.jpg

I also ran into the same problem with sound when I tested EFI folder on a test install of macOS, the solution I found was to update config.plist with a new pciidevices.plist export and sound was resolved. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry, maybe I explained myself wrongly.
I wanted to say that I need to:

- Enter Bios

- Load Windows 10 Settings and boot (and its ok because first drive is m2.ssd)

- Enter Bios

- Load Mojave settings and boot (i cant do it because the first drive is alwyas m2.ssd with windows 10)

no way to save in profile different boot order :(

i think i have to install again on m2.ssd and dual boot from there? maybe....  :(

i'm waiting for the new amd graphics card to change my 1070..... wait or no? :wallbash:

2 hours ago, blackwalker said:

i think i have to install again on m2.ssd and dual boot from there? maybe....  :(

i'm waiting for the new amd graphics card to change my 1070..... wait or no? :wallbash:

@blackwalker

Hi, i'm not sure what you mean.  :)

Hey buddy I hope your good?

Just glanced at your little update about the EMUVariableUefi-64.efi, 

I have mine removed so should I put it back in the efi folder now it no longer conflicts or just leave it out?

is your sound ok now since updating the bios and did you have to reboot or did you fix it?

Oh yes and i almost forgot.

Corsair sent me a copy of the corsair link software for macos, unfortunately it doesn't pickup the h100i but it does pick up everything else so if you have a load of corsair hardware like I do and want a copy then let me know and il upload it for you :)

Edited by AudioGod

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Hey buddy I hope your good?

Just glanced at your little update about the EMUVariableUefi-64.efi, 

I have mine removed so should I put it back in the efi for now it no longer conflicts or just leave it out?

is your sound ok now since updating the bios and did you have to reboot of did you fix it?

Oh yes and u almost forgot.

Corsair sent me a copy of the corsair link software for macos, unfortunately it doesn't pickup the h100i but it does pick up everything else so if you have a load of corsair hardware like I do and want a copy then let me know and il upload it for you :)

@AudioGod

You can place EMUVariableUefi-64.efi back into Clover / drivers64UEFI. Everything working perfectly. I'm not using Corsair Link software with mac, thanks thought :)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, glasgood said:

@AudioGod

You can place EMUVariableUefi-64.efi back into Clover / drivers64UEFI. Everything working perfectly. I'm not using Corsair Link software with mac, thanks thought :)

Il do it now thanks bud.

Do you disable the 630 gpu under windows?

I've tried it enabled and disabled while running win10 and find gaming say much smoother if its disabled. (Not in the bios but in device manager). 

Is that a thing or is it abit of placebo effect going down on me? LoL

Edited by AudioGod

44 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Il do it now thanks bud.

Do you disable the 630 gpu under windows?

I've tried it enabled and disabled while running win10 and find gaming say much smoother if its disabled. (Not in the bios but in device manager). 

Is that a thing or is it abit of placebo effect going down on me? LoL

I've never disabled 630 gpu under Windows.:)

11 minutes ago, glasgood said:

I've never disabled 630 gpu under Windows.:)

Could you give it a go when your bored please buddy and tell me if it's all in my head or is it better with it disabled?