Glasgood's macOS Mojave [SUCCESS][GUIDE] for Aorus Z390 Pro

glasgood
1,582 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, paulo92 said:

Sorry, it seems I have managed to upload a corrupted zip. Here it is once more. I could unzip this one. And actually I am using a real mac (an older air) to create the installation USB. The OSX is the latest one, downloaded yesterday from the appstore. 

EFI_GOOD.zip

Try EFI inside Archive folder Archive.zip, has latest version of Clover 

1 minute ago, Juniorsant said:

Perfect! I will return my Fenvi T919 and get this one instead: https://tinyurl.com/y2vnpb67

I have a Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5. 

Upon removing my Fenvi the glitch stopped and apps ran normally.

Do you have PayPal? I would like to send you a small token of gratitude!

You are welcome to make a donation to Insanleymac website 

1497947135_Screenshot2019-05-19at10_44_44.thumb.png.5fc314fe43e2a5896aeb1663cb9ba747.png

1 hour ago, glasgood said:

Try EFI inside Archive folder Archive.zip, has latest version of Clover 

You are welcome to make a donation to Insanleymac website 

1497947135_Screenshot2019-05-19at10_44_44.thumb.png.5fc314fe43e2a5896aeb1663cb9ba747.png

Well, added this to EFI, but the same error is occurring :( I have now again loaded the defaults and went through everything, but hence the panic is displayed. I have also popped out 2 of my ram sticks, but same issue again. What I am thinking is that the panic is caused by my asus vega56. I think I will give a try without it. But if I am following your guide without the graphics card, can I pop it in later on and add it somehow to the config? 

UPDATE: 

no, this is not working either. I think the problem must be with my motherboard then. It is not exactly the same you are using. It is aorus pro wifi with F9 BIOS. Hence I found the settings in BIOS you are using, still this panic error is printed with the iGPU too. Any further ideas? 

UPDATE2: 

Damn I found the error. I have got an optane memory with the I9 for free and installed it. Now I have not removed it and seems it caused the panic... Installation can be started now :D 

Edited by paulo92
update2

hi,

i still have to test usb, wake up, and other things

i see also your additional guide for "Populating System Information - PCI" and "SSDT GUIDE using HACKINTOOL for USB ports fix"

I'll check all next days.

I need to buy a wifi-bluetooth card, wha about this one?

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1ENGI3QDWM2UF&psc=1

@ glasgood - Remember I promised to report back on my build after reading your awesome Guide - well here goes - My shopping list:- Gigabyte z390 Aorus master, CPU i7 8/9 series, RX590, Crucial Ballistic DDR4 (16GB), 960 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 500 GB and the same cooler you are using. All that the Dog's whatnots yea!!!!!!!

Well the wife saw the total and completely shattered my aspirations so this is what I ended up with - Gigabyte Aorus Pro wifi M/B, CPU i5 with stock cooler (no onboard graphics), Asus Monitor 27inch with IPS Screen (needed a new one anyway my old Samsung went to the knackers yard after 7yrs) and I managed to push for some Vengeance RGB pro DDR4 32gb RAM (8x4) 3200 MHz. Trust me my friend I will get my original dream build by the hook or divorce :hysterical:. Anyway with what I had to work with and using your Guide I must say It was the easiest installation I've ever done and I've been doing it since Snow Leopard. Your Guide made it as easy as slipping into my Easy Boy chair. Roughly took 45 minutes after stripping everything out of my CM Storm Trooper case. Man you need to get the Hackintosh equivalent to an Oscar or Nobel Peace Prize for such an awesome and epic layout, Long may you reign over us Meer mortals - I thank you Sir.

• Thanks 1

Here is a walkthrough for the full process using the macOS Mojave USB Installer on the Aorus Z390 Pro.  

Apologies about the quality of the video :hysterical: 

Posted this full walkthrough, there are 3 times during installation that Aorus Pro Z390 will normally shutdown/restart during installation of macOS Mojave. The Video below details steps on how to boot from the USB Installer ( PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI X ) and continue with installation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackwalker said:

hi,

i still have to test usb, wake up, and other things

i see also your additional guide for "Populating System Information - PCI" and "SSDT GUIDE using HACKINTOOL for USB ports fix"

I'll check all next days.

I need to buy a wifi-bluetooth card, wha about this one?

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1ENGI3QDWM2UF&psc=1

Card is perfect !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@ glasgood - Remember I promised to report back on my build after reading your awesome Guide - well here goes - My shopping list:- Gigabyte z390 Aorus master, CPU i7 8/9 series, RX590, Crucial Ballistic DDR4 (16GB), 960 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 500 GB and the same cooler you are using. All that the Dog's whatnots yea!!!!!!!

Well the wife saw the total and completely shattered my aspirations so this is what I ended up with - Gigabyte Aorus Pro wifi M/B, CPU i5 with stock cooler (no onboard graphics), Asus Monitor 27inch with IPS Screen (needed a new one anyway my old Samsung went to the knackers yard after 7yrs) and I managed to push for some Vengeance RGB pro DDR4 32gb RAM (8x4) 3200 MHz. Trust me my friend I will get my original dream build by the hook or divorce :hysterical:. Anyway with what I had to work with and using your Guide I must say It was the easiest installation I've ever done and I've been doing it since Snow Leopard. Your Guide made it as easy as slipping into my Easy Boy chair. Roughly took 45 minutes after stripping everything out of my CM Storm Trooper case. Man you need to get the Hackintosh equivalent to an Oscar or Nobel Peace Prize for such an awesome and epic layout, Long may you reign over us Meer mortals - I thank you Sir.

Ha ha :hysterical:  my first hack ever was with Snow Leopard back in about 2010, took me about 2 weeks to get the thing running :hysterical:

Enjoy the new Hack, and so glad it was easy going for you.

• Like 1

Hi Buddy I thought you might like to see what I've been working on for the past few days as she's now 100% finished and booted and ready for a hard days graft tomorrow...lol

I hope you like it buddy, you helped me make it perfect :)

20190519_164650.jpg

20190519_163718.jpg

Screenshot 2019-05-19 at 16.34.25.png

Screenshot 2019-05-19 at 16.35.05.png

Screenshot 2019-05-19 at 16.45.23.png

Screenshot 2019-05-19 at 16.41.36.png

Screenshot 2019-05-19 at 16.41.08.png

Screenshot 2019-05-19 at 16.42.44.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Hi Buddy I thought you might like to see what I've been working on for the past few days as she's now 100% finished and booted and ready for a hard days graft tomorrow...lol

I hope you like it buddy, you helped me make it perfect :)

@AudioGod

Awesome :thumbsup_anim:

Your whole setup looks amazing, and fantastic benchmarks!  Thanks for sharing your success :)

Edited by glasgood
  • Thanks 1

@glasgood thank you for the detailed guide! It was more than perfect! I was struggling couple of days, ready to give up and bumped on your guide, started the whole process from scratched and got it working, a few questions and issues I have are the following: 

1. How I could tell that USB 3 is actually working with USB 3 speed?
2. When I try to run Cinebench R20, my CPU is not recognised
3. My main issue is that my bluetooth is not working properly, I have ASUS BT-400 dongle but my Magic Mouse 2 is very laggy, my Matias wireless keyboard is so laggy to the point that makes it unusable, every time I reboot I have to re-pair my creative bluetooth sound-bar, and I'm not sure what should I do to fix that issue. I shut-down my MacBook Pro, turned off my routers and WiFi to make sure that it has nothing to do with signal interference, I tested all those products with the same bluetooth dongle on my MacBook Pro and they all work fine...

I am attaching here my clover, please point me to the right direction to solve that last issue I got because I'm struggling two days already only on trying to find a solution for my bluetooth problem.

Thank you in advance!

CLOVER.zip

42 minutes ago, glasgood said:

@AudioGod

Awesome :thumbsup_anim:

Your whole setup looks amazing, and fantastic benchmarks!  Thanks for sharing your success :)

Thanks buddy and thank you for all your help. I couldn't of done it as perfect as it is without you so props too you sir!

Tempted to overclock it now but resisting the urge hahaha

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, panosru said:

@glasgood thank you for the detailed guide! It was more than perfect! I was struggling couple of days, ready to give up and bumped on your guide, started the whole process from scratched and got it working, a few questions and issues I have are the following: 

1. How I could tell that USB 3 is actually working with USB 3 speed?
2. When I try to run Cinebench R20, my CPU is not recognised
3. My main issue is that my bluetooth is not working properly, I have ASUS BT-400 dongle but my Magic Mouse 2 is very laggy, my Matias wireless keyboard is so laggy to the point that makes it unusable, every time I reboot I have to re-pair my creative bluetooth sound-bar, and I'm not sure what should I do to fix that issue. I shut-down my MacBook Pro, turned off my routers and WiFi to make sure that it has nothing to do with signal interference, I tested all those products with the same bluetooth dongle on my MacBook Pro and they all work fine...

I am attaching here my clover, please point me to the right direction to solve that last issue I got because I'm struggling two days already only on trying to find a solution for my bluetooth problem.

Thank you in advance!

CLOVER.zip

Hi, 

I think you can measure speed of devices using Blackmagic Disk Speed Test

Looks like your information is missing  inside your config.plist for CPU. Looks like you may have overwritten, deleted the Property values contained inside my config.plist for Intel CPU

1.png.202160751c8767a5865d329a630277df.png

My config.plist has the following:

502389319_Screenshot2019-05-19at18_35_32.thumb.png.53ad4ab6c8a5c7f42a44b7baf321d16c.png

Here is the config.plist from above. >>config.plist you can use the Property Values.

Regarding Bluetooth.

RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD → ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS

Hey pal just a quick note for you, if you disable render standby in the bios your get much better fps with the 580 and a general boost in your scores. I was meaning to say this the other day but my head was in to deep with my system. Also your safe to update to the latest bios on your board. I'm running and did the USB routing with revision F9.

I hope that helps buddy :)

• Like 1

@glasgood thank. you for your reply!

I have followed your guide on Populating System Information - PCI via config.plist using Hackintool so indeed I have changed the properties on that section, as pre your guide's steps, I replaced them with ones from hackintool.

The "About This Mac" window shows "Processor 3.6 GHz Intel Core i7", in System Report for CPU I get this:

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.60 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

But on Cinebench I see this:

793069965_Screenshot2019-05-20at00_43_06.png.4d40c526f4bd6ac8fab911ee926c4ef4.png

I used Blackmagic speed test, I'm not sure what speeds are equivalent to USB 3, for instance I was getting around 120MB/s write and 140MB/s read, for another USB 2 disk I was getting around 40MB/s write/read, so I assume USB 3 works properly right?

For the bluetooth card, I currently have TP-Link Archer T6E for WiFi which works great, ASUS BT-400 should also work fine since many other people use it and it works, but from the guides I found, many mention to use BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext on /L/E, but honestly I don't have a clue what the /L/E is and where to put those kexts, so before I give up on BT-400 and Archer T6E, maybe you could point me to the right direction so I could try to fix the issue without having to pay extra for new hardware and leave the one I have already bought unused?

This is my bluetooth section from system report:

338556697_Screenshot2019-05-20at06_07_39.thumb.png.4d0b0909252f2ccf429a223751428701.png

1666343325_Screenshot2019-05-20at06_08_47.thumb.png.684ba75596a88d8f96b80db5e33eeb18.png

Much appreciate it! Thank you!

PS: Should I update to F9 bios or I should stay with F8?

Edited by panosru

7 hours ago, panosru said:

@glasgood thank. you for your reply!

I have followed your guide on Populating System Information - PCI via config.plist using Hackintool so indeed I have changed the properties on that section, as pre your guide's steps, I replaced them with ones from hackintool.

The "About This Mac" window shows "Processor 3.6 GHz Intel Core i7", in System Report for CPU I get this:

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.60 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

I used Blackmagic speed test, I'm not sure what speeds are equivalent to USB 3, for instance I was getting around 120MB/s write and 140MB/s read, for another USB 2 disk I was getting around 40MB/s write/read, so I assume USB 3 works properly right?

For the bluetooth card, I currently have TP-Link Archer T6E for WiFi which works great, ASUS BT-400 should also work fine since many other people use it and it works, but from the guides I found, many mention to use BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext on /L/E, but honestly I don't have a clue what the /L/E is and where to put those kexts, so before I give up on BT-400 and Archer T6E, maybe you could point me to the right direction so I could try to fix the issue without having to pay extra for new hardware and leave the one I have already bought unused?

This is my bluetooth section from system report:

Much appreciate it! Thank you!

PS: Should I update to F9 bios or I should stay with F8?

@panosru

Base processor speed for the i7-9700K is 3.6GHz and that is what is shown, it should turbo upto 4.90GHz. Sometimes on Hackintosh CPU gets reported 3.601. In "About my Mac" my base processor speed is reported as 3.19GHz and not 3.2GHz, it's is cosmetic. 

Your USB speeds are working, that is same / similar what to expect on a real Mac. 

LE is your Library/Extensions folder for kexts ( kernel extensions )

You can automatically open it with following command using Terminal:

open . /Library/Extensions/

Or using finder window:

1242330026_Screenshot2019-05-20at06_12_33.thumb.png.53afa521aead2a9d9a23da8dde6ba147.png

Though, those kexts should also work in Clover / kexts / Other folder. 

I'm still on BIOS F5, if you have a good reason then update.

Hi Glasgood,

i found your guide by searching how to get in my first hackintosh. So You made it very easy. Many many thanks for your work.

I have to manage USB ports and set the dual boot, but all the rest seems to be OK.

Just an issue, not fundamental but if a solution exists...

In Itunes, I cannot play movies. Seems to be an DRM issue, but don't know how to solve it without breaking something :)

39 minutes ago, tazdevil71 said:

Hi Glasgood,

i found your guide by searching how to get in my first hackintosh. So You made it very easy. Many many thanks for your work.

I have to manage USB ports and set the dual boot, but all the rest seems to be OK.

Just an issue, not fundamental but if a solution exists...

In Itunes, I cannot play movies. Seems to be an DRM issue, but don't know how to solve it without breaking something :)

@tazdevil71

I’m unsure if there is a working solution for this, I can’t find anything for this fix anywhere yet. 

Netflix will play through Chrome browser. Netflix not playing in Safari and suggest installing Silverlight. 

If anyone reading has working iTunes drm movies then please let us know :)

Edited by glasgood

@glasgood Thanks for clarifying me what /L/E/ means, I already put the kexts there, rebooted but the usb still acts like before, its like it works for a few moments, then it starts to have some lag spikes, then some serious lagging, then it works again and the cycle repeats... normally BT-400 should work out of the box, without the need of any additional hacking, if there isn't anything else that I could try, then I'll try to search a bit more online maybe I find something interesting that I haven't so far, otherwise I'll buy the card you suggested and see if that fixes the issue.

For the CPU, in BIOS I see that the frequency of the CPU is 4600MHz, so it seems that it synced in 4.6GHz, Cinebench is unable to see my CPU, so I cannot run Cinebench tests.

Thanks again for your amazing guide and the time you spend on building it!

2 hours ago, glasgood said:

@tazdevil71

I’m unsure if there is a working solution for this, I can’t find anything for this fix anywhere yet. 

Netflix will play through Chrome browser. Netflix not playing in Safari and suggest installing Silverlight. 

If anyone reading has working iTunes drm movies then please let us know :)

Thanks, if i find a solution, i will tell you :-)

13 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Hey pal just a quick note for you, if you disable render standby in the bios your get much better fps with the 580 and a general boost in your scores. I was meaning to say this the other day but my head was in to deep with my system. Also your safe to update to the latest bios on your board. I'm running and did the USB routing with revision F9.

Thanks, will look at it later. 

1 hour ago, moshe10m said:

Hi, thank you for this great guide!!

Is it matters if it is the gigabyte aorus z390 i (mini itx)?

or should i install it the same way?

It may work, but you will have to remove SSDT from Clover / ACPI / patched, and enable the ports limit patch.

Edited by glasgood

22 hours ago, AudioGod said:

@AudioGod

Hi, 

Peer pressure :hysterical: I just updated BIOS from version F5 to F9, So I tested sleep and audio did not resume after wake from sleep. Can you test ? Put hack to sleep and then on wake, can you hear audio / sound from youtube etc.. I seem to have it fixed, and have attached an SSDT and kext to guide. 

@AudioGod 

Late update, completed a fresh install of macOS Mojave on a test drive. Tested sleep and sound. Sound is fully working after wake from sleep, so no need to use  CodecCommander.kext and SSDT-ALC1220.

Edited by glasgood