Glasgood's macOS Mojave [SUCCESS][GUIDE] for Aorus Z390 Pro

glasgood
1,582 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, corrie said:

If I do 2 RADEON RX 580 cards via Crossfire, will it work with macOS?

Never something that I have tried or researched, sorry don't know.  

• Like 1

Hi and thx 

lets see,

Peripherals → Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot

i set it to iGPU

Peripherals → Intel(R)Bios Guard → Intel BIOS Guard Support →  Disable

dont have this option on current Bios F9

these are the screenshots:

EFI attached

09058315-202C-469B-A440-6803B4CA79B7.jpeg

CE490D9A-1CE6-4B80-AA63-4CD893F3089E.jpeg

93C865EB-C332-4256-BAD4-E1FA0F4FFFA9.jpeg

A5FAF602-1034-4D1E-A7B8-430D1F3E543A.jpeg

EFI.zip

Edited by blackwalker

Just now, blackwalker said:

@blackwalker

Ok, below looks promising. 

1982791587_Screenshot2019-05-17at16_10_39.png.27008564d1d40a5225273e2187e259be.png

Now choose Boot macOS Install from Macintosh. Installation should continue.

1378315597_Screenshot2019-05-17at16_12_46.png.83c2d5d6a1ddff0b4189217af83f48d2.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gorillabeard said:

Thanks for the guide, I just hope I can get it to work as well. I have a Aorus Pro Wifi, and the Zotac 2080 AMP with 3 monitors connected and Windows already installed.

Can I still run Mac without losing my Windows installation? I spent a lot of time setting it up after I built this PC and Windows is on the NVMe drive which is covered by the massive graphics card so unfortunately I wont easily be able to simply disconnect the drive in order to install Mac without Windows knowing.

Any chance you think this will work with my setup?

Hi @gorillabeard,

Unfortunately, Nvidia in macOS Mojave is unsupported at the moment. At this moment no one is expecting Nvidia support anytime soon from Apple. But you can run Mojave with Intel HD 630 graphics with monitor connected to Aurus Pro HDMI port. 

Nvidia is supported on High Sierra. 

WIFI on the Aurus Pro is not supported by macOS, so you would need source a WIFI card as per guide suggestion for working WiFi.

You can dual boot with Windows, Just install Clover on a separate physical SSD / HDD drive. If your Windows installation is MBR, you will need to convert to UEFI. 

See my guide for dual booting.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, blackwalker said:

If I remember i do it one time, it start and continue, without asking for language and settings, then finish and counting for restart... then?? 

Follow the spoilers in the guide for installation. On each restart, you have to always boot from Mojave Usb installer, then at Clover boot screen continue installation on internal drive / ssd as highlighted in my last Clover screenshot. 

• Like 1

Just now, blackwalker said:

Ok I have now

Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot

Boot macOS install PreBooter from Preboot

This ==>> Boot macOS from Macintosh 

and one strange with a cross:

Boot Recovery from Recivery

I’ll boot again and see...

This ==>> Boot macOS from Macintosh 

6 minutes ago, blackwalker said:

If I remember i do it one time, it start and continue, without asking for language and settings, then finish and counting for restart... then?? 

Follow the spoilers in the guide for installation. On each restart, you have to always boot from Mojave Usb installer, then at Clover boot screen continue installation on internal drive / ssd as highlighted in my last Clover screenshot. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, glasgood said:

Hi @gorillabeard,

Unfortunately, Nvidia in macOS Mojave is unsupported at the moment. At this moment no one is expecting Nvidia support anytime soon from Apple. But you can run Mojave with Intel HD 630 graphics with monitor connected to Aurus Pro HDMI port. 

Nvidia is supported on High Sierra. 

WIFI on the Aurus Pro is not supported by macOS, so you would need source a WIFI card as per guide suggestion for working WiFi.

You can dual boot with Windows, Just install Clover on a separate physical SSD / HDD drive. If your Windows installation is MBR, you will need to convert to UEFI. 

See my guide for dual booting.

Well that makes me sad. Anyway, thank you for the reply. Hopefully we get some NVDA support soon.

Edited by gorillabeard
  • Like 1

O

M

G

i got it 

woooooooooooot!!

now it’s time to configure the rest, and make it bootable!! 

For now THANKS :thumbsup_anim: then,

1 million of THANKS ... ta last,

for all your time and patience to help me :lol:

i’m writing With iPhone now... back to end install 

woooooooooooooo :)

This:

Download and install Clover with RC Scripts on target volume.

mean i have to install  clover on ssd with only RC Scripts (or all like install plus the scripts) ?

ok I see the video and install the Clover with default plus RC Scripts, now i have only to replace the EFI post install into the ssd?

I don't find the Macintosh ssd lol

after this I have to use anything else?

ok now I boot from SSD!

YES
YES
YES :)

OMG Audio work also on my Bose companion 5 on usb!! weeeeeeee

Edited by blackwalker

All is working, I can't believe!!

iMessage, facetime, cloud, sound on hdmi on my monitor and also and my Bose companion 5

I want remove the -v on start-up and wait to check all 

Man you are the best, just because you dedicate time and effort on peoples, make you a special person,

really!

Many tanks and I'll keep you updated, because I'm about to buy a AMD card soon!!!

thanks

thanks

thanks

:)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackwalker said:

All is working, I can't believe!!

iMessage, facetime, cloud, sound on hdmi on my monitor and also and my Bose companion 5

I want remove the -v on start-up and wait to check all 

Man you are the best, just because you dedicate time and effort on peoples, make you a special person,

really!

Many tanks and I'll keep you updated, because I'm about to buy a AMD card soon!!!

thanks

thanks

thanks

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: Awesome :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: 

• Like 1

Hi,

Since the latest update of Mojave I'm getting little purple strips appear for  a second just before it boots up, never happened until the latest update. Has this happened to you and do you know how to fix it by any chance?

Its ugly and annoying but not a problem really.

Is it a kext thing maybe?

Also I'm going to redo my USB ports later and wake up my front USB c port, will I have to shut a different port down to compensate?

Also while I'm talking USB, why are you bothering to enable the h100i USB internal headers and why don't you just run the h100i without it?

I ask only because the h100i USB header is only used for corsair link and since you can't use link in mac os it's doing absolutely nothing and power to the h100i is coming directly from the psu and any settings done via windows are saved in the h100i and sticks so I'm thinking to turn them off totally and use the frees up ports for other ports. What do you think?

Do you see my logic here or am I missing something?

Edited by AudioGod

11 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Hi,

Since the latest update of Mojave I'm getting little purple strips appear for  a second just before it boots up, never happened until the latest update. Has this happened to you and do you know how to fix it by any chance?

Its ugly and annoying but not a problem really.

Is it a kext thing maybe?

Also I'm going to redo my USB ports later and wake up my front USB c port, will I have to shut a different port down to compensate?

Also while I'm talking USB, why are you bothering to enable the h100i USB internal headers and why don't you just run the h100i without it?

I ask only because the h100i USB header is only used for corsair link and since you can't use link in mac os it's doing absolutely nothing and power to the h100i is coming directly from the psu and any settings done via windows are saved in the h100i and sticks so I'm thinking to turn them off totally and use the frees up ports for other ports. What do you think?

Do you see my logic here or am I missing something?

@AudioGod

I got the same purple strips just before getting to Mojave login screen, agree it's ugly and annoying. Only happened when I updated to latest Clover, so possibly Clover related and not kext. 

The post graphics glitch, only happens during that post startup stage. Hopefully next Clover update will sort this, or you could go back to using pervious Clover.

IMG_3088.thumb.JPG.2ec3aa97b6efb6580277b0ec059c031b.JPG

When I first built my PC, I was initially just running Windows and cable remains since back then. I can see your logic,  if the Corsair link saves profile to H100i then you don't need cable.

You could free up an extra port.  See guide DEFAULT SSDT used in guide EFI folder has 12 ports enabled, leaves three extra ports to play with.  :)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, glasgood said:

@AudioGod

I got the same purple strips just before getting to Mojave login screen, agree it's ugly and annoying. Only happened when I updated to latest Clover, so possibly Clover related and not kext. 

The post graphics glitch, only happens during that post startup stage. Hopefully next Clover update will sort this, or you could go back to using pervious Clover.

IMG_3088.thumb.JPG.2ec3aa97b6efb6580277b0ec059c031b.JPG

When I first built my PC, I was initially just running Windows and cable remains since back then. I can see your logic,  if the Corsair link saves profile to H100i then you don't need cable.

You could free up an extra port.  See guide DEFAULT SSDT used in guide EFI folder has 12 ports enabled, leaves three extra ports to play with.  :)

Thanks buddy, I will give it a go later and report back and tell you my results and pass the ssdt over to you for your very wise eyes.

I've built many a build where I have not used the USB cable on the h100i and rooted the fans directly though the motherboard for control and it's always worked fine but this was back in the old days when we didn't have so many ports to choose from on the Mb. I have just tested my theory and disconnected the USB from my h100i platinum and then booted into macos and strained the cpu for 10 mins and the h100i reacted exactly the same as when its connected to the USB header so perfect it really is not needed in that case. If you want too change anything in the h100i then you have to boot into windows anyway no?

Awesome that's the port for my front USB c header sorted anyway.

It's a shame you can't turn off one of the USB ports on the USB 2 hub as I don't no if you have noticed but if you connect all 4 ports up it trips something on the hub out  for me it's my native instruments audio 6 and I have to unplug it and plug it back in every time I boot up but with 3 ports used instead of four its perfect. Strange huh?

Edited by AudioGod

8 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Thanks buddy, I will give it a go later and report back and tell you my results and pass the ssdt over to you for your very wise eyes.

I've built many a build where I have not used the USB cable on the h100i and rooted the fans directly though the motherboard for control and it's always worked fine but this was back in the old days when we didn't have so many ports to choose from on the Mb. I have just tested my theory and disconnected the USB from my h100i platinum and then booted into macos and strained the cpu for 10 mins and the h100i reacted exactly the same as when its connected to the USB header so perfect it really is not needed in that case. If you want too change anything in the h100i then you have to boot into windows anyway no?

Awesome that's the port for my front USB c header sorted anyway.

It's a shame you can't turn off one of the USB ports on the USB 2 hub as I don't no if you have noticed but if you connect all 4 ports up it trips something on the hub out  for me it's my native instruments audio 6 and I have to unplug it and plug it back in every time I boot up but with 3 ports used instead of four its perfect. Strange huh?

This guide below may help you to create your SSDT

Edited by glasgood
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, glasgood said:

This guide below may help you to create your SSDT

Thanks il take my time and read it twice lol.

Can I change the ssdt I'm already using of yours or should i start from scratch?

I've never done this before sorry buddy 

Also do I need to remove anything from my efi folder before i start the process of doing this?

Edited by AudioGod

8 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Thanks il take my time and read it twice lol.

Can I change the ssdt I'm already using of yours or should i start from scratch?

I've never done this before sorry buddy 

Also do I need to remove anything from my efi folder before i start the process of doing this?

Best to take time and create your own from scratch, you will need to remove SSDT from Clover / ACPI / patched. It's is easy to create the SSDT using Hackintool, just take time and read guide. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, glasgood said:

Best to take time and create your own from scratch, you will need to remove SSDT from Clover / ACPI / patched. It's is easy to create the SSDT using Hackintool, just take time and read guide. 

I've done it,  I did the same USB layout as your one in the post efi folder but I've also enabled the front USB c port and also made ss07, USB2 & 3 compatible aswell, I left the h100i internal USB on as I didn't need anymore USB2 ports to he enabled. I have Not gone over the 15 port limit like you said and it seems to me to be working perfectly  I'm chuffed and super grateful for your help. Your a good guy buddy, awesome!

I've attached my ssdt for you to check over for me. Let me know if it's ok and please do feel free to post it on here as an alternative ssdt for people who want front USB c and an extra usb2 port. That's if you think it's done ok and ive not made a mess of it.

If it is then please do tell me what I've done wrong?

I'm going turn to the system off now and not use it again until I get a ssdt all clear from you just incase I've made a bad mistake...lol

Thanks again :)

P.s should I use the kext hackintool also created or stick to the inject all kext?

I'm not using the kext hackintool made and it seems fine to me.

SSDT-UIAC.aml

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

That's it, I'll be buying z390 Aorus Pro Wifi because of this thread. glasgood's guide is just too awesome.

Last time I tried a hackintosh was probably 5 years ago on my (still running) i7 750 with Gigabyte p55-ud3p, I made it work but not 100%, so gonna give it ago with a more current hardware.

A few questions though :

1. I've read that z390 motherboard doesn't have native nvram, would this be an issue?

2. I'm planning on installing windows first, is that ok? Is there any specific step to install windows so it's easier when I install MacOS later on?

3. To Glasgood how is the i7 8700? why not go for i7 8700k? 

Cheers

2 hours ago, dzigg said:

That's it, I'll be buying z390 Aorus Pro Wifi because of this thread. glasgood's guide is just too awesome.

Last time I tried a hackintosh was probably 5 years ago on my (still running) i7 750 with Gigabyte p55-ud3p, I made it work but not 100%, so gonna give it ago with a more current hardware.

A few questions though :

1. I've read that z390 motherboard doesn't have native nvram, would this be an issue?

2. I'm planning on installing windows first, is that ok? Is there any specific step to install windows so it's easier when I install MacOS later on?

3. To Glasgood how is the i7 8700? why not go for i7 8700k? 

Cheers

@dzigg

That's right, as far as I also know the Z390 doesn't have native nvram, but it is not a problem as iMessage's etc will still work. 

When installing Windows, ensure it is installed as uefi (gpt) not mbr. Use Rufus to create Windows USB installer. Then install macOS Mojave on another drive. Before installing Mojave, removed the windows drive from PC, after Mojave is installed you can then place windows drive back into PC. At Clover bootloader, you will have choice of Windows or Mojave.

I'm using the i7 8700 as I do not overclock my machine and and the CPU with it's hyperthreading (12 threads) more than meets my needs. Other coffee lake CPUs will work with guide such as i9 9900k.

I have the Z390 Aorus Pro ( non WiFi version ) the Aurus Pro Z390 WiFi is not supported in macOS. So if you get the Aorus Pro with WiFi , then WiFi will only work in Windows.

You will have to purchase a WiFi card that has native support in macOS

Link below Aurus Pro z390 without WiFi

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-z390-aorus-pro-intel-z390-s-1151-ddr4-sata3-dual-m2-2-way-sli-3-way-crossfire-gbe-usb31-gen

Edited by glasgood

11 hours ago, AudioGod said:

I've done it,  I did the same USB layout as your one in the post efi folder but I've also enabled the front USB c port and also made ss07, USB2 & 3 compatible aswell, I left the h100i internal USB on as I didn't need anymore USB2 ports to he enabled. I have Not gone over the 15 port limit like you said and it seems to me to be working perfectly  I'm chuffed and super grateful for your help. Your a good guy buddy, awesome!

I've attached my ssdt for you to check over for me. Let me know if it's ok and please do feel free to post it on here as an alternative ssdt for people who want front USB c and an extra usb2 port. That's if you think it's done ok and ive not made a mess of it.

If it is then please do tell me what I've done wrong?

I'm going turn to the system off now and not use it again until I get a ssdt all clear from you just incase I've made a bad mistake...lol

Thanks again :)

P.s should I use the kext hackintool also created or stick to the inject all kext?

I'm not using the kext hackintool made and it seems fine to me.

SSDT-UIAC.aml

@AudioGod

So F_USB30C header is connected to your chassis / case, and front USB C ports are SSO1, SS02, SS03 ? What chassis / case are you using ? You can use either SSDT or you can remove USBInjectAll.kext and use kext provided by Hackintool. Test your SSDT, it wont harm your Hackintosh. Is USB C port working ?

Edited by glasgood
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, glasgood said:

@AudioGod

So F_USB30C header is connected to your chassis / case, and front USB C ports are SSO1, SS02, SS03 ? What chassis / case are you using ? You can use either SSDT or you can remove USBInjectAll.kext and use kext provided by Hackintool. Test your SSDT, it wont harm your Hackintosh. Is USB C port working ?

992554772_Screenshot2019-05-18at08_00_36.png.32e4ff747e609b3b55bcd6b96054ba4a.png

The Chasis is a LIAN-LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC, Ports used for it came up as SS02 and SS03 I think it was, il double check in a little bit and confirm that (TYPE C plugged in both ways) and getting full speed to the lacie drive I'm testing it with.

All the USB ports I opened are running at there correct speeds by the look of it and i am still using the injectall kext for now.

Thank you so much again mate, your a absolute legend.

Edited by AudioGod

7 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

The Chasis is a LIAN-LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC, Ports used for it came up as SS02 and SS03 I think it was, il double check in a little bit and confirm that (TYPE C plugged in both ways) and getting full speed to the lacie drive I'm testing it with.

All the USB ports I opened are running at there correct speeds by the look of it and i am still using the injectall kext for now.

Thank you so much again mate, your a absolute legend.

Good to know ports running at correct speeds. What port is your SS01 then ? 

Are SS ? ports below connected to Motherboard header F_USB30C.   I can add your SSDT and USBKext to guide and credit you for this. 

1371662284_Screenshot2019-05-18at09_43_28.png.67dce109158491283cdef6f484bbda46.png