Glasgood's macOS Mojave [SUCCESS][GUIDE] for Aorus Z390 Pro

glasgood
1,582 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, glasgood said:

I was just using your SSDT, all good. In my default SSDT, SS09 and SS010 are set as connecter type internal in my Aorus EFI folders. So when I mounted an external drive the icon mounted would show as:

1187789449_Screenshot2019-05-18at13_29_01.png.a5b2ff136af0094cfa59d2a4596263a2.png   

but now using your SSDT with connector set a USB3 external icon is now correctly shown as:

322023248_Screenshot2019-05-18at13_30_35.png.70d8a9eeac3e89a4de257af5c2cb2d5c.png

So motherboard internal header F_USB30 has connector type USB3 and is not Internal. Interestingly they both work at correct speed regardless.

Will later include your SSDT inside Aorus Pro EFI folders.

Cheers!  

That's awesome buddy so I did good then?

I'm so glad I could contribute something towards this all for you. :)

On a different note I have attempted to populate the PCI info and it worked but when I goto paste the properties into the config.plist it renamed it properties 2 as properties already exists so took away the 2 and replaced the properties chain and it worked but there's a hang now on boot up for about 5 extra seconds before it gets to the login. Any ideas what's wrong there?

Edited by AudioGod

16 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

On a different note I have attempted to populate the PCI info and it worked but when I goto paste the properties into the config.plist it renamed it properties 2 as properties already exists so took away the 2 and replaced the properties chain and it worked but there's a hang now on boot up for about 5 extra seconds before it gets to the login. Any ideas what's wrong there?

So I booted up with -v and watched for errors with and without the pci changes I made and didn't see anything different error wise but it just hangs at the end before going into macos 

I have got a cpu error showing though. I have a 9900k and had to set 0x1005 in clover so it would show up correctly, could that be connected?

In the pic you can see the error and the end point it's at in the pic is where it hangs for an extra 5 seconds.

20190518_155108.jpg

3 hours ago, glasgood said:

@dzigg

If you dual boot and mostly use Windows, then consider going with a SATA SSD disc for installing macOS. Sometimes when installing Windows updates, the Windows bootloader can interfere with Clover bootloader. 

So it is easy to disconnect the SATA cable from a SSD drive that has macOS than it is to remove an m.2 drive with Windows from inside PC when performing Windows update , Windows Image backups, new Windows installations.

That makes a lot of sense, I'd do that, thanks again! 

56 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

So I booted up with -v and watched for errors with and without the pci changes I made and didn't see anything different error wise but it just hangs at the end before going into macos 

I have got a cpu error showing though. I have a 9900k and had to set 0x1005 in clover so it would show up correctly, could that be connected?

In the pic you can see the error and the end point it's at in the pic is where it hangs for an extra 5 seconds.

20190518_155108.jpg

Ok so I removed the line 0x1005 and the cpu error has gone bit now it displays my cpu as a i7 instead of an i9 but that's no biggie really. The hang is more like 3 extra seconds too...lol

Is the hang because of the pci population?

Update number two,

It's got something to do with the 630 gpu as I opened geekbench to run a test and noticed it used to display both GPU and it still does but before I could only select the rx580 and now I can select both to run a gpu test with so when I moved the properties and it renamed it by removing the 2 and I changed it all around something happened I guess.

Hopefully you will know what's going on cos I'm abit lost and have gone back to nothing showing under pci for now.

Edited by AudioGod

Ok I've sorted it out, instead of copying and paisting all the pci info lines into properties at once I did it one at a time and when I found one that already existed (for the 630) I added the extra info into it manually with clover, rebooted and perfect. Boot time is back to normal and everything is displaying under pci. Also in geekbench I can see the 630 and 580 but can only select the 580 to run a test with. Phew :)

Edited by AudioGod

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Ok I've sorted it out, instead of copying and pasting all the lines in at once I did it one at a time and when I found one that already existed (for the 630) I added the extra info into if manually with clover rebooted and perfect. Boot time is back to normal and everything is displaying under pci. Also in geekbench I can see the 630 and 580 but can only select the 580 to run a test with. Phew :)

Is you CPU is not reported as i9 is "About this Mac"

Then you can try these settings:

2112094255_Screenshot2019-05-18at18_15_38.thumb.png.ae250bbd9357e049ecda958309cdf24d.png

125511823_Screenshot2019-05-18at18_18_29.thumb.png.6b12969296ed12801c12e541e66ea603.png

Back tomorrow ! :)

1 hour ago, glasgood said:

Is you CPU is not reported as i9 is "About this Mac"

Then you can try these settings:

2112094255_Screenshot2019-05-18at18_15_38.thumb.png.ae250bbd9357e049ecda958309cdf24d.png

125511823_Screenshot2019-05-18at18_18_29.thumb.png.6b12969296ed12801c12e541e66ea603.png

Back tomorrow ! :)

01009 yes it shows the correct cpu but changing the other value doubles the time it takes for it too boot up (40 seconds) and drops my geekbench and cinibench scores where as leaving it as it was makes my system boot super quick (18 seconds)  and my scores shoot right up so that can't be right surely?

Have a good evening pal :)

Thank you Glasgoog for this amazing guide

Not my first mackintosh but with this guide is the easiest

I'm using default dsdt and almost everything is working

Sometimes does not sleep both monitor go off but cpu box is on and I have to reset to turn it on.

Nor really matter but if anyone knows how to resolve will be appreciate

The weird thing or what I don't understand

Facetime was not working, not real a problem for me, but today I take my wife Iphone, log in her Mac user in the new hackintosh and was putting some music and a phonecall came in and appear in the Mac screen.

Very surprised I checked FaceTime and iMessage and were working without problem

I tried it in my own user with my email do not. I tried her email in my user, working. Log off her email tried log in mine again and do not work

So the problem is in my iCloud not in my Mac but I can make FaceTime call in my Iphone, Am I wrong?

Any idea??

Glasgood thanks again :thumbsup_anim:

Hello!

I am trying to set up my second Hack based on your guide. Hence I find it really good, there is something wrong at my end :( After selecting the install drive in clover, I am getting a kernel panic?  My build contains of: Z390 aorus pro WIFI, Asus arez vega56, 32GB of ram and an I9 processor. What do I need to change in your files to get this thing working? I have edited the config.plist -- SMBIOS and set up as imac 18,3. 

What else do I need to edit? 

I have attached the received panic report. 

p.s.: I have double checked my BIOS settings. They are all seems good. I have also tried to not change anything in your files, just copied pre install files to EFI, but the same panic is received.

Any advice is welcomed! 

Thank you! :) 

IMG_1809.HEIC

First of all I want to say THANK YOU!!! I have been struggling for days with my Hackintosh build. Then I found you!!! I followed your installation instructions and everything works amazingly. I only have 2 minor issues:

(1) My BT works great, but WiFi won't turn on. Shows I have a card installed in my system. I have a Fenvi T919. (I think its defective and will try either replacement or another BT/Wifi card).

- I've tried all possible PCIE options

- I've tried with and without the AirportBrcmFixup.kext

(2) My app windows flicker (occasionally, especially when I first turn on my computer) horizontal lines when I scroll or move the window.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

i9-9900k

Radeon RX 580 8GB

Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi (Wifi chip removed)

64GB Ballistix DDR4 2400 Ram

Edited by Juniorsant
Added System Specs

6 minutes ago, Juniorsant said:

(1) My BT works great, but WiFi won't turn on. Shows I have a card installed in my system. I have a Fenvi T919. (I think its defective and will try either replacement or another BT/Wifi card).

- I've tried all possible PCIE options

- I've tried with and without the AirportBrcmFixup.kext

(2) My app windows flicker horizontal lines when I scroll or move the window.

Interestingly, >>someone yesterday had a Fenvi T919 card with working wifi and no bluetooth, also seems there are a number of mixed reports about the Fenvi T919 card working properly ( seems it's not natively supported by macOS ) .  You could try adding the patch below to config.plist inside KernelAndKextPatches.  

RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD FOR NATIVE SUPPORT ( Works out of box ) → ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS 

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Enable WiFi on Fenvi FV-9801</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				cGNpMTRlNCw0MzUz
				</data>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<true/>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.14.x</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				cGNpMTRlNCw0M2Ew
				</data>
			</dict>

TBH, i'm not sure why you have horizontal flicker lines. Can you post an image. Check BIOS settings.

11 hours ago, paulo92 said:

Hello!

I am trying to set up my second Hack based on your guide. Hence I find it really good, there is something wrong at my end :( After selecting the install drive in clover, I am getting a kernel panic?  My build contains of: Z390 aorus pro WIFI, Asus arez vega56, 32GB of ram and an I9 processor. What do I need to change in your files to get this thing working? I have edited the config.plist -- SMBIOS and set up as imac 18,3. 

What else do I need to edit? 

I have attached the received panic report. 

p.s.: I have double checked my BIOS settings. They are all seems good. I have also tried to not change anything in your files, just copied pre install files to EFI, but the same panic is received.

Any advice is welcomed! 

Thank you! :) 

IMG_1809.HEIC

Looking at your panic report, has it happened since last reboot. I had similar panic when updating Clover and changing a BIOS setting and restarting, but when I rebooted the panic was gone. 

9 minutes ago, glasgood said:

Looking at your panic report, has it happened since last reboot. I had similar panic when updating Clover and changing a BIOS setting and restarting, but when I rebooted the panic was gone. 

Well, actually what I did: based on the guide, I have created my USB install stick, installed clover on it, copied the EFI, then configured the BIOS. After that restart and sticked in the new USB drive. F12, there I could see my usb. Clover came up and I could select "Boot macOS Install from Macintosh" Then after like 30 seconds this panic is printed. I have tried to restart the whole rig multiple times and tried to install again and again, but the same panic is thrown :(  Any ideas what I could try out? 

4 minutes ago, paulo92 said:

Well, actually what I did: based on the guide, I have created my USB install stick, installed clover on it, copied the EFI, then configured the BIOS. After that restart and sticked in the new USB drive. F12, there I could see my usb. Clover came up and I could select "Boot macOS Install from Macintosh" Then after like 30 seconds this panic is printed. I have tried to restart the whole rig multiple times and tried to install again and again, but the same panic is thrown :(  Any ideas what I could try out? 

Attach your EFI 

Hi. Great guide. I'm planning to use your guide for my own hackintosh soon but I want to ask if my parts list is compatible. I'm planning to install High Sierra because I own a GTX1080ti. 

My parts list is as follow:

i7 9700k (planning to overclock to 5Ghz)

Gigabyte z390 Aorus Elite

Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 4x8gb 3000Mhz

WD Sn750 500gb Nvme SSD

Fenvi t919 wifi + bt

Gtx 1080ti

Is it possible to follow your guide for these components? 

Edited by shiru1031

Just now, shiru1031 said:

Hi. Great guide. I'm planning to use your guide for my own hackintosh soon but I want to ask if my parts list is compatible. I'm planning to install High Sierra because I own a GTX1080ti. 

My parts list is as follow:

i7 9700k (planning to overclock to 5Ghz)

Gigabyte z390 Aorus Elite

Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 4x8gb 3000Mhz

WD Sn750 500gb Nvme SSD

Fenvi t919 wifi + bt

Gtx 1080ti

Is it possible to follow your guide for these components? 

I have not tested my EFI folders with High Sierra. I would not recommend the "Fenvi t919 wifi + bt card" seems it has no native support.  

RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD → ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS 

1 hour ago, glasgood said:

Interestingly, >>someone yesterday had a Fenvi T919 card with working wifi and no bluetooth, also seems there are a number of mixed reports about the Fenvi T919 card working properly ( seems it's not natively supported by macOS ) .  You could try adding the patch below to config.plist inside KernelAndKextPatches.  

RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD FOR NATIVE SUPPORT ( Works out of box ) → ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS 

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Enable WiFi on Fenvi FV-9801</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				cGNpMTRlNCw0MzUz
				</data>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<true/>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.14.x</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				cGNpMTRlNCw0M2Ew
				</data>
			</dict>

TBH, i'm not sure why you have horizontal flicker lines. Can you post an image. Check BIOS settings.

Thank you for such a prompt reply!!

Unfortunately, That patch didn't work. I will return my card and buy another. The one you mentioned does not seem to sell here in the US. Do you know if this one would work? https://tinyurl.com/y2vnpb67 or a suggestion of one that I can get in the US?

I've attached a gif with the screen recording. I also notice that some apps (FaceTime, Messages, Sys Prefs ->Networks) are extremely slow to open. Most apps are very fast. I have a SSD.

ezgif-4-62443f4a830f.gif

[EDIT: Seems that once I removed my Fenvi card the apps ran well and no glitch.]

Edited by Juniorsant
Glitch Resolved, Wifi Card Recommendation Needed

6 minutes ago, Juniorsant said:

Thank you for such a prompt reply!!

Unfortunately, That patch didn't work. I will return my card and buy another. The one you mentioned does not seem to sell here in the US. Do you know if this one would work? https://tinyurl.com/y2vnpb67 or a suggestion of one that I can get in the US?

I've attached a gif with the screen recording. I also notice that some apps (FaceTime, Messages, Sys Prefs ->Networks) are extremely slow to open. Most apps are very fast. I have a SSD.

ezgif-4-62443f4a830f.gif

Yes, adapter will work with suggested WiFi card in guide. What make is your Radeon RX 580 8GB card ?

40 minutes ago, glasgood said:

Attach your EFI 

Actually it your your EFI :) In my final atempts I have just copy pasted your EFI to see if I can get to the install screen. There is no config.plist edit in this. But hence here it is. 

EFI.zip

5 minutes ago, paulo92 said:

Actually it your your EFI :) In my final atempts I have just copy pasted your EFI to see if I can get to the install screen. There is no config.plist edit in this. But hence here it is. 

EFI.zip

@paulo92

I cannot open EFI, how are you creating your Mojave Installer, are you using VMWare ? what version of macOS Mojave did you download ?

362921741_Screenshot2019-05-19at10_31_59.png.3650a1fdec38eabef0b0cd734a236c80.png

Edited by glasgood

4 minutes ago, glasgood said:

Yes, adapter will work with suggested WiFi card in guide. What make is your Radeon RX 580 8GB card ?

Perfect! I will return my Fenvi T919 and get this one instead: https://tinyurl.com/y2vnpb67

I have a Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5. 

Upon removing my Fenvi the glitch stopped and apps ran normally.

Do you have PayPal? I would like to send you a small token of gratitude!

8 minutes ago, glasgood said:

@Juniorsant

Is your Radeon RX 580 8GB card connected by HDMI to Monitor / display

7 minutes ago, glasgood said:

@Juniorsant

I cannot open EFI, how are you creating your Mojave Installer, are you using VMWare ? what version of macOS Mojave did you download ?

362921741_Screenshot2019-05-19at10_31_59.png.3650a1fdec38eabef0b0cd734a236c80.png

Sorry, it seems I have managed to upload a corrupted zip. Here it is once more. I could unzip this one. And actually I am using a real mac (an older air) to create the installation USB. The OSX is the latest one, downloaded yesterday from the appstore. 

EFI_GOOD.zip