Glasgood's macOS Mojave [SUCCESS][GUIDE] for Aorus Z390 Pro

glasgood
1,582 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, glasgood said:

What version of macOS Mojave are you installing, is it 10.14.5 ?

Good question... I think the last!!

so,

tested the 860 with new firmware, same problem

now testing with 850 pro

i read somewhere that many pp have problems with 860 like for others was ok!

someone write that after upgrading sata cable all was ok....

i have all new, case too!

what hd cable ‘d use??

anyway testing just now with 850 pro

i’m bored :( 

but i’ll Continue!!! 

PS: i see a strange thing, when i format the 860 first time after upgrade firmware, it write the container “disk23”, then I format again and write “disk3”.... so I continue and got error!

now with 850 pro, I see again “disk23” and now i’m installing... 

thats strange... a lot strange!! 

I’ll update in some minutes....

Edited by blackwalker

6 hours ago, glasgood said:

@AudioGod

Previously SMBIOS for the guide was for Mac Mini 2018 with macOS Mojave 10.14.4 . SMBIOS for iMac 19,1 did not work with macOS Mojave  10.14.4 as it required a special build of macOS. 

Now with macOS Mojave version 10.14.5, hackintosh guide has working SMBIOS for iMac  19,1 . I feel this is a better SMBIOS for this hackintosh especially for Final Cut users. If you have updated to 10.14.5 then use Clover configurator and change to SMBIOS 19,1

As far as I known, real Mac's have less than 15 USB ports. Having more than 15 USB ports causes problems with hackintosh, hence the ports limit patch. 

So to keep USB port count below 15,  I have disabled some USB ports.

So I disabled USB 2 on the back of the hackintosh and enabled then on the front of case / chassis. My case does not have front USB C so it is not enabled on case, but it is enabled on the back of the Aurus Pro.

I wrote a guide, a step by step guide on how to make your own SSDT for custom USB mapping. Link below:

:)

Thanks I will give that a go later and try and create my own USB setup. Can I send you a copy to check please once I've done it?

Also one last question, I fixed the problem with it not displaying my build as a 2019 iMac and now its sorted but my cpu is a 9900k and it was showing as a i7 instead so what I did was changed the cpu type in clover too 0x1005 and now its showing as a i9 like it should. Did I do the right thing there or is there something different I should do?

Thanks for your help mate, I really appreciate it. 

Edited by AudioGod

17 minutes ago, blackwalker said:

Same error..... i’m Out!! :hammer::frantics::blowup:

@blackwalker

Looks like you have now ruled out hardware from causing installation to fail.

You mention you created the installer using VM, did you download macOS Mojave from App Store ?  

My Hackintosh guide and EFI ( Clover version ) are confirmed working for macOS Mojave 10.14.4 and 10.14.5 

( Previous macOS Mojave versions such as 10.14.3 may cause problems with installation. I can not confirm the new, latest Clover version used in my PRE and POST install is working with older versions of Mojave and patches in config.plist )

Edited by glasgood

2 hours ago, blackwalker said:

Its what i’m Doing now  :weight_lift:

better create installation from Mojave or High Sierra? 

Downloading... take a while... 

You can download and create the macOS Mojave USB installer on either Mojave or High Sierra. 

ok, now?

while creating the USB looks like it stop here:

Erasing disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%... 100%

Copying to disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%... 40%... 50%... 60%... 70%... 80%... 90%... 100%

Making disk bootable...

Copying boot files...

Install media now available at "/Volumes/Install macOS Mojave"

first time I stopped and restart, now I'm waiting, because if I try to close the terminal windows it say that I can stop some process....

what I have to do? :cry:

10 minutes ago, blackwalker said:

ok, now?

while creating the USB looks like it stop here:

Erasing disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%... 100%

Copying to disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%... 40%... 50%... 60%... 70%... 80%... 90%... 100%

Making disk bootable...

Copying boot files.

Install media now available at "/Volumes/Install macOS Mojave

Looks like the process has finished and macOS Mojave Installer is ready. Was the Mojave USB installer mounted onto desktop when finished. 

Amazing guide! Works perfectly on my setup. :D

One issue I had with your SSDT in the POST INSTALL zip file. In Hackintool, SS09 & SS10 are shown as Internal. I found this out when I inserted external hard drive into the port, it does not show the drive on the desktop and only in the Finder. So what I did was change from Internal to USB3. Then export and replaced the SSDT-UIAC.aml. I also copied the USBPorts.kext created to the kext folder and remove USBInjectAll.kext.

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 2.19.01 PM.png

Edited by Madane

59 minutes ago, Madane said:

Amazing guide! Works perfectly on my setup. :D

One issue I had with your SSDT in the POST INSTALL zip file. In Hackintool, SS09 & SS10 are shown as Internal. I found this out when I inserted external hard drive into the port, it does not show the drive on the desktop and only in the Finder. So what I did was change from Internal to USB3. Then export and replaced the SSDT-UIAC.aml. I also copied the USBPorts.kext created to the kext folder and remove USBInjectAll.kext.

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 2.19.01 PM.png

@Madane

Hi

During ports discovery, Internal header F_USB30 maps to HSS10, SS10, HS0,9 SS09 on my motherboard. Hence why HSS10, SS10, HS09, SS09 are internal.

977983255_Screenshot2019-05-17at08_16_19.png.3fe44252e07244be8ccd0c9cc8d534b9.png

My Samsung M3 Portable ( External ) hard drive is mounted and shown on Desktop. 

1559417669_Screenshot2019-05-17at08_14_36.thumb.png.93b16bb5073b13f5e33b76ee589f2d9a.png

:)

Edited by glasgood

ok this is the situation.... now install go on, and stay stuck at 2% then give me a message that the download is damaged or incomplete ..... now I download again the Mojave app installer...same size...creating the USB again!

I think the problem is when I run the command line:

"sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction && say Mojave Drive Created"

and it freeze, when I stop it something is corrupted.... 

the Mojave app is ok, downloaded 2 times and size and all its ok

Maybe because I create the USB from Sierra?

If it'll freeze again I'll move the installer on Mojave and create the USB from there!!

damn... :hyper:

this is really strange, absurd, argh argh argh argh :wallbash:

USB creation using high sierra, freeze at the end, I mean no terminal prompt but I have to stop it and I get a message that I'll stop some operation, dunno if its ok...

when I install, it say the installation disk is corrupted or incomplete, at about 2% from the end

USB creation using Mojave, all is fine and I get at the end the terminal prompt, but when I install at about 3% from the end, I get always the errors I show before.....

Amen :angel:  I go to fish :fishing: ?

Edited by blackwalker

31 minutes ago, blackwalker said:

this is really strange, absurd, argh argh argh argh :wallbash:

USB creation using high sierra, freeze at the end, I mean no terminal prompt but I have to stop it and I get a message that I'll stop some operation, dunno if its ok...

when I install, it say the installation disk is corrupted or incomplete, at about 2% from the end

USB creation using Mojave, all is fine and I get at the end the terminal prompt, but when I install at about 3% from the end, I get always the errors I show before.....

Amen :angel:  I go to fish :fishing: ?

Try using diskmakerx link below to create USB Installer.

https://diskmakerx.com/

Just now, blackwalker said:

same Error ....

i put a video of error and all messages online here on YouTube 

I dunno what to do :(

Can you attach EFI folder 

4 minutes ago, blackwalker said:

same Error ....

i put a video of error and all messages online here on YouTube 

I dunno what to do :(

Can you boot with your USB Mojave installer and send me a photo of the Clover boot menu. 

32 minutes ago, glasgood said:

Can you attach EFI folder 

@blackwalker What BIOS version are you on ?

• In BIOS can you check and confirm if Above 4G decoding is disabled ?
  • Send EFI folder

• Boot to Clover menu, send me a photo of Clover menu.

557021724_Screenshot2019-05-17at14_01_35.png.89ac26d9b3db9d9d20c9e0d563c951e7.png

Check BIOS settings:

First:  Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults

then

BIOS  Windows 8/10 Features  Other OS

BIOS  CSM Support  Enabled

Peripherals  Initial Display Output  PCIe 1 Slot

Peripherals  Trusted Computing  Security Device Support   Disable

Peripherals  Intel(R)Bios Guard  Intel BIOS Guard Support   Disable

Peripherals  USB Configuration  Legacy USB Support   Enabled

Peripherals  USB Configuration  XHCI Hand-off   Enabled

Peripherals  Network Stack Configuration  Network Stack   Disabled

Peripherals  SATA And RST Configuration  SATA Mode Selection   AHCI

Chipset  Vt-d  Enabled

Chipset  Internal Graphics  Enabled

Chipset  DVMT Pre-Allocated  64M

Chipset  DVMT Total Gfx Mem  256M

Chipset  Audio Controller  Enabled

Chipset  Above 4G Decoding  Disabled 

Power  ErP  Disabled

Power  RC6 (Render Standby)  Enabled

Edited by glasgood

Thanks for the guide, I just hope I can get it to work as well. I have a Aorus Pro Wifi, and the Zotac 2080 AMP with 3 monitors connected and Windows already installed.

Can I still run Mac without losing my Windows installation? I spent a lot of time setting it up after I built this PC and Windows is on the NVMe drive which is covered by the massive graphics card so unfortunately I wont easily be able to simply disconnect the drive in order to install Mac without Windows knowing.

Any chance you think this will work with my setup?

Edited by gorillabeard