Glasgood's macOS Mojave [SUCCESS][GUIDE] for Aorus Z390 Pro

glasgood
1,582 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 7:16 PM, AntoineWill said:

Hello,

First of all thanks a lot for this big tutorial !

however, I got a "big" issue. Everything was fine, I was at the end (on macOS, etc) and I have installed the wifi card. The wifi card work, I was able to use my magic keyboard & mouse.

I start to follow the steps to be able to use iMessage. After updated the list with Clover Configurator I rebooted my hackintosh and now it's stuck everytime at :

"apfs_module_start:1393: load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs, v945.260.7, apfs-945.260.7, 2019/04/26

I saw online that the bios for the motherboard should be an issue. But I tried with the F7, F8 and F9 ! Nothing works...

I setup and setup again de bios as mentioned in the topic just to be sure.

I also try to reset the list to the one that work just before (I made a copy). Still the same.

I confirm that I can boot for my original boot drive with the clover install and go to my macOS session.

But I can't boot from my main drive now...

Please, if any help, it would be awesome :)

Did you ever make any progress on this? I have been stuck as well.

Hi Glasgood, i have try since 3 days to make my install but no success....

my conf is

AOrus z390 Pro Wifi

2 x 16go Corsair ram

2 Toshiba mvme 

COre i9 9900

I have an old nvidia card that i can use but she is dead so i can not use it and i think normaly it's not possible using nvidia

The problem is : i want to use the onboard graphic card (intel) but if i put IGFX instead of PCI slot it never work. I have a round sign with a bar and don't understand why. i have try many things but still not work without the nvidia card. it work with nvidia card however but i don't care because this card doesn't work properly after a long time in humidity, she is dead

Can you help please ?

a question to the OP, is there a chance to upload a working EFI for 10.15.4 ?  Update crashes just after +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++_

it freezes there. 

TIA

IMG_0024.JPG

Edited by lygi
add picture

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 8:57 PM, pkdesign said:

I think you have to update to Clover 5107 to get it to work.

Correct - sorted now. Thx

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but

WIth Bios version 12c for the Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi you can disable wifi from the bios, which means you dont have to disable HS14 from the boot args any more! Tested it, all works great!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your work.

i follow your guide to make a similar mack.

seems to all be ok but the wifi/bluetooth card no detect the bluetooth.

the card is the BCM943602CS2 with a pci adapter and the cable connected to the usb on the mainborad.

the wifi work perfect but bluetooth is not detected.

where can be the problem??

the only that i change is the smbios for get a new serial and fix the problem with mojave for the .jpg preview.

z390 aourus pro

i7 9700K

RAM 32GB CRUCIAL BALLISTIC 3000MHZ

NVME SAMSUNG 970

ATI SAPHIRE PULSE RX580

BCM943602CS2 PCI ADAPTER

i plug a bluetooth dongle and work well. ?¿?¿

Edited by multiymedia

• 1 month later...

Hello @glasgood

How do you solve the sleep issue with bluetooth under a USB2.0 Hub? I tried to set the Hub as internal but the computer still couldn't sleep. Please check the attached picture for more detail

Also my USBMap Kext doesn't work, I'm using Asrock B460M pro4, can you check why my USB3 devices are not recognized?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 09.46.09.png

USBMap.kext.zip

On 7/18/2020 at 11:23 AM, thief said:

Hello @glasgood

How do you solve the sleep issue with bluetooth under a USB2.0 Hub? I tried to set the Hub as internal but the computer still couldn't sleep. Please check the attached picture for more detail

Also my USBMap Kext doesn't work, I'm using Asrock B460M pro4, can you check why my USB3 devices are not recognized?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 09.46.09.png

USBMap.kext.zip

Hi,  highly recommended to follow @AudioGod ===>guide  and switch to using AudioGod's OpenCore EFI folder. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, i-am-the-slime said:

What happened to Audiogod's guide?

Unfortunately because of the Corona Pandemic lock down, AG is inundated with a backlog of work so for the time being is taking a break from the thread but meanwhile hopefully other knowledgeable members will help try to answer queries as best as possible.

14 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Unfortunately because of the Corona Pandemic lock down, AG is inundated with a backlog of work so for the time being is taking a break from the thread but meanwhile hopefully other knowledgeable members will help try to answer queries as best as possible.

That I can certainly relate to, and boy, he's earned a break. But the actual guide & thread itself seems to have disappeared so I think it'll be a little hard for anyone ask for help. 

• Like 3

On 7/18/2020 at 3:23 AM, thief said:

Hello @glasgood

Thanks

USBMap.kext.zip

Use Hackintool to specify your ports, it produces a better kext and is just generally easier to work with than a script, especially if you're new to all this.

Your mapping is wrong. HS01 does not exist on this board. HS11 is internal and should be 255. SS06 is a USB-C with switch and should be 9. Remember that HS is USB2.0 and not necessary. Both HS and SS can occupy the same port but are physically different connectors. You can use HS13, which is actually a hub, so it gets its own 15 port count for all USB2.0 devices.

Just for posterity:

USB2.0 = 0

USB3.0 = 3

USB-C/switch = 9

Internal = 255

Fix your ports and you will likely fix your sleep. 10.11+ has changed the way USB ports work as they are now tied very heavily to your ACPI. Hence why sleep breaks if your mapping is wrong.

1029458883_ScreenShot2020-08-04at1_23_45AM.thumb.png.8d8813f141fad2174effc899f89d12ea.png

Here is what a healthy port map looks like. There are two ports beside the Ethernet port on the back of this board. I have the farthest one away mapped. You can see my mouse is plugged into that one. Most mice, even modern ones are typically USB2.0. Then I have the internal hub where my BT/WiFi card is mounted to. Lastly, the two case USB ports are mapped and you can see my USB3.0 stick mounted into one (HS09 is the one of the left, HS10 is the one on the right).

Edited by Tiem
  • Like 1

Hello all!

I was long time away, so I'm still at 10.15 (19A602)

Tried to read all  the older post, but please be nice with me :)

I want to upgrade to upgrade to latest 10.15.6

What is the safer way to do it?

Can I start updating kexts and clover (while I'm still on 10.15) ?

Whats the best and safer way to update clover?

I'm still on BIOS F10

thank you!

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 12.42.42.png

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 12.42.52.png

54 minutes ago, gino8080 said:

Hello all!

I was long time away, so I'm still at 10.15 (19A602)

Tried to read all  the older post, but please be nice with me :)

I want to upgrade to upgrade to latest 10.15.6

What is the safer way to do it?

Can I start updating kexts and clover (while I'm still on 10.15) ?

Whats the best and safer way to update clover?

I'm still on BIOS F10

thank you!

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 12.42.42.png

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 12.42.52.png

Hey Bud,

What you doing asking on this thread?

come across to mine and grab the latest EFI and upgrade away or ask for help on there as there are many helpful ones waiting. :) 

• Like 1