Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

headkaze
486 posts in this topic

Thank you for the answer, but I need your patient a little bit more because I never used Xcode in my 3 years of Hacknitoshing.
So, I found WhateverGreen.xcodeproj in the Source code (ZIP) of WhateverGreen which is a folder after I downloaded it.
Then I downloaded the debug of Lilu.kext and placed it in the same folder Source code of WhateverGreen
I ran WhateverGreen.xcodeproj then Xcode opened in a window, now how to compile and export to kext/s ?

At the top left will be a folder icon click that. Then in the left pane scroll down to the bottom where it says products or something and highlight Whatevergreen.kext then right click and open with finder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks easy but the App created Lilu_Suite folder in the desktop with tow empty folders inside, Release and Debug.
Im lost again :blush: 

On the Lilu suite builder thread the first post has a fix for that. Near the bottom.

8 hours ago, bronxteck said:

try removing PNLF patch if you have it in config or DSDT/SSDT

I only put lilu whatevergreen to the kext folder and add "AAPL,ig-platform-id=0300220D disable-external-gpu=01000000 ".
no dsdt ssdt,no other graphics fixes.

I'm trying to run my internal Intel HD4600 and I only get 2560 x 1440, never get 4k, I'm try with HDMI and DP wire, when I try with whatever frame frame I get reboots or black screen before login.

What may be happening?

I have copied their options on devices, without any results.

with "injectIntel" and ig-platform-id I get it to work in 2560x1440, but nothing more than resolution.

Thanks for your time.

upload my config.plist

UPDATED.....ç

After many attempts, I have framebuffer Intel HD4600 running with 2048mb.

but I have no higher resolution than 2560 x 1440, which is missing to obtain said resolution.

Connected by HDMI or DisplayPort I do not get more resolution

Edited by Macbellota

Can somebody please tell me what values should I use for i9-9900k? I can't get them right, either acceleration is not working, or there is no HDMI output.

You mean intel UHD Graphics 630?

The recommended ig-platform-Id is 0x3E9B0007 so you would enter 07009B3E in your AAPL,ig-platform-id field.

What is the output of

./gfxutil -f IGPU

Are you using latest Whatevergreen and Lilu?

16 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

You mean intel UHD Graphics 630?

The recommended ig-platform-Id is 0x3E9B0007 so you would enter 07009B3E in your AAPL,ig-platform-id field.

What is the output of

./gfxutil -f IGPU

Are you using latest Whatevergreen and Lilu?

Yes, this is UHD 630.
I have latest Lilu and Whatevergreen, just downloaded them today.

gfxutil gives:

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
I did use this in clover already.

With various values I tested for ig-platform-Id and device-id I usually can get acceleration, but HDMI output is turning the screen off. Although system recognizes monitor name in settings.

platform-id itself doesn't change anything, only when I add device ID (for example 913e0300) I get acceleration, and screen is off. What value should I use for device id?

Edited by oneghost

Yes, this is UHD 630.
I have latest Lilu and Whatevergreen, just downloaded them today.
gfxutil gives:
DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
I did use this in clover already.

With various values I tested for ig-platform-Id and device-id I usually can get acceleration, but HDMI output is turning the screen off. Although system recognizes monitor name in settings.

platform-id itself doesn't change anything, only when I add device ID (for example 913e0300) I get acceleration, and screen is off. What value should I use for device id?

Have you tried using the intel fbpatcher app? You may need more that just the ig-platform-id and other patches for hdmi.
Also make sure you have read the first post properly.

Preliminary
1. Remove:
- FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics
- IntelGraphicsFixup
- NvidiaGraphicsFixup
- CoreDisplayFixup
- Shiki
2. Turn off all graphics injections in Clover:
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/ATI=NO
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=NO
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/NVidia=NO
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=
Hj02qx9.png
3. Disable DSDT Clover fixes:
- AddHDMI
- FixDisplay
- FixIntelGfx
- AddIMEI
4. Disable UseIntelHDMI
5. Remove boot argument: -disablegfxfirmware
6. Remove any IGPU and HDMI entries from:
- config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary
- config.plist/Devices/Properties
- config.plist/Devices/AddProperties
7. Remove any IGPU and HDMI related SSDT and DSDT from:
- CLOVER/ACPI/patched
8. Renaming GFX0 -> IGPU
- WhateverGreen will do this automatically (see caveat below)
- Be aware that WhateverGreen does not rename all instances of GFX0 -> IGPU but should be okay in most cases
- You may need to include Clover GFX0 -> IGPU rename for other kexts or ACPI patching that require it

I have read and tried all from this post, but nothing helped with HDMI.

So your monitor is connected via hdmi? I can’t see signatures on Tapatalk so I don’t know your specs. Laptop or desktop? Can you upload your clover folder minus serials and themes. Do you have any kexts installed to L/E or S/L/E?

36 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

So your monitor is connected via hdmi? I can’t see signatures on Tapatalk so I don’t know your specs. Laptop or desktop? Can you upload your clover folder minus serials and themes. Do you have any kexts installed to L/E or S/L/E?

It's Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master with i9-9900K - Desktop. No eGPU. Im connected over HDMI to 1080p monitor. I don't have DP on this board.

CloverContent.zip

Edited by oneghost

Anyone know if there is any way to get i9-9900K (UHD630) acceleration with HDMI? Every time I am able to get acceleration, there is no output over HDMI, screen just goes off. MOBO: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master

Edited by oneghost

On 12/10/2018 at 10:31 PM, oneghost said:

Anyone know if there is any way to get i9-9900K (UHD630) acceleration with HDMI? Every time I am able to get acceleration, there is no output over HDMI, screen just goes off. MOBO: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master

Hmm, for me, i7-9700k (ok, no HT as 9900k) with UHD630 is working with acceleration with HDMI (and also with DP) [output from VDADecoderChecker].

Board: Asus Prime Z370-A.

From your EFI, try to disable some more DSDT-Patches (HECI to IMEI and GFX0 to IGPU).

I'm using same device-id / platform-id as you mentioned.

Cheers

Edited by skinmunster

On 12/16/2018 at 11:13 PM, skinmunster said:

Hmm, for me, i7-9700k (ok, no HT as 9900k) with UHD630 is working with acceleration with HDMI (and also with DP) [output from VDADecoderChecker].

Board: Asus Prime Z370-A.

From your EFI, try to disable some more DSDT-Patches (HECI to IMEI and GFX0 to IGPU).

I'm using same device-id / platform-id as you mentioned.

Cheers

Can you share your config and what Kexts u used to get signal thru hdmi ?

• 2 weeks later...

i have a Dell M4800 with "switchable" graphics - HD 4600 + AMD 5100.

with the IGPU HD 4600, the laptop works great but i cant use the HDMI (only LCD)

and with AMD - the reverse is true. 

i was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to use both. say use IGPU - single buffer to power LCD and then have AMD power the external ports?

anyway just looking for ideas. thanks.

It's Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master with i9-9900K - Desktop. No eGPU. Im connected over HDMI to 1080p monitor. I don't have DP on this board.
CloverContent.zip
You better ask to DSDT patch

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321872-guide-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-on-mobos-serie-100-200-300-skylake-kabylake-coffeelake-dsdt/&share_tid=321872&share_fid=30100&share_type=t

Sented by Tapatalk in my Android SM-G930S

Guys I am also struggling to make UHD 620 work on my machine. The Graphics drivers load correctly and System Info also shows graphics as: UHD 620 1536 MB

But I am facing too much glitches. I will try to describe it in the best way possible.

So the system boots up pretty fast till first stage Apple Logo, At the second stage, when the screen flickers for a tiny bit of second, progress bar always seems to get stuck. After waiting for a couple of seconds, the mouse pointer comes, stating the login screen has loaded.

Then I can type in the password and hit enter to login, I'll just see a spinning bar overlapping the Apple Logo and then, we can see a very faded out desktop.

As the desktop fades in to screen normally, in my case, it get's stuck at the initial fade state. At this point if I plugin in HDMI cable, the screen becomes normal and I get display both on HDMI and internal display.

Then, I get stutters and lags like, If I delete a file from desktop, it would be deleted but the icon still stays there until I relaunch Finder or Navigate the same location from the Finder window.

The launchpad opening and closing is very smooth, like it is when the graphics is working normally. The lags can be more specifically said to be rendering delays. As in, the actual stuff is happening only it is not being visually updated.

When we open System Prefs any of the sub prefs will not load or it will load and the title would say "Loading General, Loading Displays or Loading XYZ"

But we can access the prefpane if we open it directly by right clicking on System Pref icon and choosing the appropriate option.

If I type something in 'Terminal' a few letters will be (visually) shown while in the background, everything is working, If I minimize terminal or resize it's window, the text get's rendered/updated.

I have also tried with Skylake spoofing with both on HS and Mojave, The issue is the same.

Also, If I adjust the graphics brightness from the prefpane, If I directly click at the point that I want, the display behaves normally whereas if I slide gradually, entire window crashes and I am sent back to the login screen.

Same crash happens when I use the brightness keys to adjust the brightness.

One thing to note: In any case, when some freeze happens, I can connect or disconnect HDMI to get the screen back to normal.

I am being this vague as I seriously can't understand what is happening in this case.

Tried with fixing EDID, changing color depth, and what not. The issue prevails. Please have a look and guide me on what to do next.

I am attaching the full PR files for the review along with a AGDCDiagnose report.

NOTE: I have also tried with the HDMI after disconnecting the internal display (clamshell mode) and the similar lags happen and hence I am sure that it is not related to connector type being eDP. Also, removing AlwaysConnected flag leads to a black screen but the similar lags happen (tested via screen sharing)

Hope someone can help fix my what-can-be-termed-as rendering lags on this machine.

Also, here is a video in case my explanation was not quite clear: (Please watch the video till the end as lags are sadly mostly visible towards the end, 1080p resolution is recommended)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYaJbJhl8kU

debug_12516.zip

diag.txt

Edited by black.dragon74