Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

headkaze
486 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can i dump my iGPU framebuffer info while using a dGPU?

I have both Lilu + WEG debug version and booted with -igfxfbdump and did not get anything in my root folder.

Or is this enough?

17001053_ScreenShot2019-01-31at7_37_36pm.png.40d7a30834effc6f2c629db2a125da6c.png

Or will i need to remove my dGPU to patch iGPU properly?

I just wanna make sure i have both fully working just in case. And even though my iGPU is enabled in bios it does not show up in system information.

7 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

So this is a good result?

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen9 

Hardware acceleration is fully supported

Even though my igpu does not appear in system report?

got my intel hd 2000 working,thnx andrey1970 for your tutorials,anyway my motherboard is asus b75m-a,, set 128mb dvmt in bios..devid 102,,i use 00000500 ig_platform id

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 3.00.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 4.52.39 AM.png

Edited by Mc Jacej
  • Like 1

Hi to all, I am trying to make hackintosh for friends' laptop:
Lenovo W540
i7 4800MQ
GeForce Quadro M1100
Intel HD 4600
32GB RAM
FHD Display, eDP connector
Bios memory setting: 256/512MB
I cant make that Intel work, there is no option in bios to disable/enable quadro, so im stuck with intel, whatever ig-platform-id i tried always says "7MB" without qe/ci. What may be wrong?

20 hours ago, adysowsky12 said:

Hi to all, I am trying to make hackintosh for friends' laptop:
Lenovo W540
i7 4800MQ
GeForce Quadro M1100
Intel HD 4600
32GB RAM
FHD Display, eDP connector
Bios memory setting: 256/512MB
I cant make that Intel work, there is no option in bios to disable/enable quadro, so im stuck with intel, whatever ig-platform-id i tried always says "7MB" without qe/ci. What may be wrong?

device-id 12040000

disable-external-gpu 01000000

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, malek_bh said:

i have asus P8H61/USB3 with intel HD2000

how to enable it

HD2000 doesn't work as a full-featured graphics card in macOS, but you can (and should) use it with an "empty framebuffer" (0 connectors) for IQSV. Only the HD3000 can work with a display.

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

• 2 weeks later...

I work to make my screen wake after sleep. As I was told on the other thread too many frame buffers may cause black screen after wake (no backlit, just black as turned off) even after waiting 5-10 minutes of waiting. So I found this topic and was able to remove one FB with FB limit patch. everything works I got also 2GB of mem but situation with screen waking did not changed. I'm sure that laptop wakes is that I can connect to it via TeamViewer.

my specs Lenovo Thinkpad W540 Haswell i7-4700MQ HD4600. LID is connected via eDP and the only ig-platform-id on which I got full memory is Haswell desktop one.

I attach my current clover config. file tested name is config-kopia.plist

I've also tested boot flag igfxclfbklt:

wrap - sleep but reboot after wake

freq - screen went off, but after button click backlight on black screen was going on/off - no sleep at all

any hints what to check more?

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

Can somebody please help! I am all new to mac osx and hackintosh and ıt really is too much to digest at once. My system specs are:

Motherboard : MSI MS-16j9

CPU: Intel I7 7700HQ

Graphics: Intel HD 630+ Nvdia GTX 1050

I have found an EFI that gave audio, although not very good

my HDMI output does not work (it is attached to Intel HD 630)

Mac specs show 7MB video ram...I would like to fix this....I downloaded intel's own utility and I have the exact card ID:

•  
  • Intel Corporation
  • Video ProcessorIntel® HD Graphics Family
  • Resolution1920 x 1080
  • Bits Per Pixel32
  • LocationPCI bus 0, device 2, function 0
  • Device Id
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591B &SUBSYS_11C81462&REV_04\3&11583659&0&10
  • so its 591B
  • I have attached the current clover configplist file I am using, can you please nake the adjustments and send it back to me...as I understand using kext apps to place kexts in to extensions library is not enough to make the necessarry changes....can you please provide step by step instructions

config.plist

Edited by LostShadow

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, could you help me with a little problem with my hack?

I installed Mojave on my CPU:

MOBO Gigabyte Z370 HD3

Intel i5 8400

the video card is onboard: Intel UHD 630

SSD Samsung Evo 860

Everything works great, I have done de USB patch with hackintool and I have a DSDT (thanks to Maldon)

But... I have some issues when the hack goes to sleep.

Initially, it seemed to work well when going to sleep, but it took about 10 seconds to reactivate when you operated the keyboard or mouse.

But on another occasion it did not even return from sleep with the keyboard or mouse, or even the power button

So, for now I have decided to disable the option to sleep: I have enabled the option "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" and disable the option "put hard disk to sleep when possible"

anyway, is it a configuration error in my igfx intel uhd 630?

Is it necessary to patch something in the configurations?

I am new in the hack world and I do not understand in depth some things, like the "Intel framebuffer patching..."

I send my config.plist and my clover folder, if someone can help me with this ...

Many thanks, friends!

CLOVER.rar

config.plist

• 5 weeks later...

Hey there,

So I've been trying to get dual monitors to work on my system:

10.12.6 Sierra

MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard

Intel HD 4600

i5 4690k

24GB RAM

The DVI port on my motherboard works fine, the HD 4600 is fully detected and acceleration is working.  However, when I plug a monitor into the HDMI port, the DVI monitor goes black for a moment and then comes back (as if macOS has detected a second monitor) and then when it comes back the second monitor is not present.  I've attached output from my system from running the debug script in the original post.  Let me know if you can help, thanks!

debug_c4103_stage.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Currently trying to get macOS running on a Cenava I7T All in One PC from China. Got it fully working except for graphics. Processor is an Intel Core i7-7600U. Acceleration with stable HDMI output only works with HD Graphics 520 Spoof. Using the proper HD Graphics 620 device-id and platform IDs results in the output crashing (flickering) after a couple seconds. Replugging the HDMI port fixes is for a few seconds, then starts flickering again.

The biggest issue however is that the internal screen stops working once acceleration is active. I only get a picture with fake ID 0x12345678. With acceleration it goes blank and isn't even recognized by the system. Backlight turns off as well. Internal screen is attached via eDP. Tried tons of different IDs and framebuffer patches with no luck. Any idea how to get the internal eDP screen working?

Edited by CMMChris

I'm running an HP 840 G2 with HD5500 and I face a problem. When using docking station and two DP ports it mirror the screen on both monitors as if they are one. Any idea how to start troubleshooting ?

• 1 month later...

so, my hackintosh wont sleep at all, because prevented by IODisplayWrangler that owned by iohideventsystem

then i read this quote

- Disabling connectors to enable sleep (framebuffer-pipecount / framebuffer-portcount / framebuffer-conX-type=-1)

how to do this?

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 10.16.42.png

Edited by javanesse
add screenshot

On 6/8/2019 at 9:45 AM, javanesse said:

so, my hackintosh wont sleep at all, because prevented by IODisplayWrangler that owned by iohideventsystem

then i read this quote

how to do this?

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 10.16.42.png

Solved by removing some PCI Devices properties in DSDT nor clover config

On 7/18/2018 at 6:04 AM, headkaze said:

Binary patching framebuffers using KextsToPatch in Clover is no longer a viable method in Mojave for Skylake and above. Now you need to use Lilu + WhateverGreen.

Why is this method still supported in Hackintool for SKL+?

8 hours ago, displhehynehym said:

Why is this method still supported in Hackintool for SKL+?

I don't assume the user is configuring for the system their running Hackintool on so I don't disable patching using the old method. If you try the patches will just fail silently anyway.

• Thanks 1