Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

headkaze
486 posts in this topic

I've just uploaded a new version of Intel FB-Patcher. It has a new menu item Patch->AzulPatcher4600

The two patches you have are basically the same as AzulPatcher4600 but with an additional step.

So here are some instructions:
1. Run Intel FB-Patcher and select Patch->AzulPatcher4600
2. Select Patch->Import KextsToPatch and enter:
Find: 010509000004000087000000Replace: 020409000008000087000000

3. File->Export->Clover config.plist (make a backup first)

Thanks for that.
Now off topic sorry if not appropriate here but maybe Intel FB-Patcher could make a backup to home folder or something of the config.plist if it’s over written? Sorry just trying to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Now off topic sorry if not appropriate here but maybe Intel FB-Patcher could make a backup to home folder or something of the config.plist if it’s over written? Sorry just trying to help.

I agree, done.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Add "?1234" to the end of the download link to force a non-cached version.

Adding that did not work but i did manage to get the new version.

And to add, I now have HDMI working as it should.

The only remaining issue which i am waiting for vit to look at is disabling the nvidia card.

11 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

Should be fixed in Lilu master (Lilu update is needed, WEG is fine, but you can get both). Report if the issue persists. You will need disable-external-gpu property.

It is fixed, You my friend are a legend.

Next is USB on my list to transfer from SSDT to kext.

555540777_ScreenShot2018-10-23at8_36_40pm.thumb.png.3644cd4e5195c93eb0db7a1c76bab933.png

• Like 1

If anyone has time to help with my config I'd appreciate it.

I have:
    macOS v10.14
    i7 6700k - Gigabyte z170x UD5 - 64GB RAM (Using iMac 17,1 with 0x19120000)
    DVMT Set to 32MB & MAX
    2K Monitor - HDMI (con1 - type 8)
    4K Monitor - DP (con3 - type 4)
    Lilu 1.2.7 Debug - WhateverGreen 1.2.3 Debug
    (Note I had a Nvidia 1070 installed but pulled it and removed the web drivers)

Issues:
    1. With or without Framebuffer patching macOS only recognizes 5MB of framebuffer
    2. Both monitors work but they're at 1920x1280 and mirrored (I suspect this is because of the Framebuffer size)
    3. I can't get the Framebuffer to dump using (have tried -igfxfbdump and -igfxdump)

Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 4.09.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 4.28.27 AM.png

clover-sandbender-24Oct18B.zip

weglog.txt

Edited by Sandbender
Removed bad device-id setting

11 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Is it normal to not get any info on some pages on my desktop? (In signature)

Like no platformid?

iGPU is enabled but i'm using my RX580.

Yes it's normal Skylake data is not stored in local fb kexts anymore. Either use the Framebuffer menu or dump your data using the appropriate WEG boot flags (as per instructions). In future please place your FB-Patcher related questions in the official thread.

Edited by headkaze

1 hour ago, Sandbender said:

DVMT Set to 32MB & MAX

DVMT pre-alloc set to 32MB? You will need to patch for it then.

19MB stolenmem / 9MB fbmem

framebuffer-stolenmem <00003001>
framebuffer-fbmem <00009000>

Edited by headkaze

12 hours ago, headkaze said:

DVMT pre-alloc set to 32MB? You will need to patch for it then.

19MB stolenmem / 9MB fbmem

framebuffer-stolenmem <00003001>
framebuffer-fbmem <00009000>

It is not necessary to offer these patches for desktop. The user can simply increase DVMT in BIOS.

Edited by Andrey1970
  • Like 1

Hey everyone, hoping someone can help with this - I have been pulling my hair out for weeks trying to figure it out. I am building a video editing rig for a friend running High Sierra 10.13.6 with the following primary specs:

Mobo: Asus Z370-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

GPU: Nvidia 1070Ti

The intention is for primary video out via the 1070TI (I now realise I should have gone ATI, but that is beside the point) with the onboard UHD 630 for compute tasks (aka quick sync).

I have tried a whole lot of things to get the onboard UHD 630 working with quick sync to no avail. I have tried using the standard 10.13.6 build with a Mac18,3 SMBIOS and Clover Devices properties to set a Kaby Lake IGPU with platform-id 0x59120000, but whatever I try I get the following error during boot and the IGPU isn't recognised:

[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver!

I have currently got the IGPU half-working, in that it is recognised during boot and can be used for video output, by setting SMBIOS platform to MacbookPro15,1, installing Mac OS 10.13.6 (MacBookPro15 build 17G2208) and using platform-id 0x3E920007. Unfortunately when I check with VDADecoderChecker I get the following error:

VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

I would try with Mojave as I know it has better native support for the UHD 630 but the lack of Nvidia Cuda drivers is a dealbreaker just now. I have attached my current EFI folder (with some SMBIOS stuff stripped). I would definitely prefer to get this working with a faked Kaby Lake platform-id if I can, as then I would be able to use an iMac18,3 SMBIOS. I have also attached an IORegistry output.

If anyone has any thoughts or comments they would be much appreciated, as I really want to get this finished so my friend can get to video editing! Thanks! 

EFI.zip

ioregistry.zip

Edited by proresettt

@proresettt

Use model iMac18,3.
Delete Devices-Properties.

Set Nvidia of the first in Bios. Set DVMT: 32MB. Set DVMT Total: Max.

Build 17G2208 does not contain CFL framebuffer "0 connectors". You need to replace AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext on same from Mojave.

The framebuffer "0 connectors" will be injected automatically by means of WEG. 

10.14_AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext.zip

Edited by Andrey1970
  • Like 2

@Andrey1970

Thanks so much! Using model iMac18,3 on a fresh install of 17G2208 and removing Device-Properties + replacing that Kext did the trick.

Now I have both Nvidia and UHD 630 recognised with Quicksync support! Even sleep is working, which previously would always KP when trying to wake.

Just one question - replacing the native kext by dropping the replacement into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other didn't seem to work. I had to replace the native kext in /System/Library/Extensions and rebuild the kext cache (which is not ideal as it will probably get replaced by system updates). 

Is there a way to force macOS to preferentially load that kext from EFI rather than /S/L/E?

If not then it's OK, I will just need to write a script for my friend that replaces that specific kext and rebuilds caches in the event he installs any macOS system updates that replace the Mojave kext.

Thanks again - this has really been a rollercoaster of emotions repeatedly trying (and failing) to get it working. 

UHD630.png

[mention=1202492]Andrey1970[/mention]

Thanks so much! Using model iMac18,3 on a fresh install of 17G2208 and removing Device-Properties + replacing that Kext did the trick.

Now I have both Nvidia and UHD 630 recognised with Quicksync support! Even sleep is working, which previously would always KP when trying to wake.

Just one question - replacing the native kext by dropping the replacement into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other didn't seem to work. I had to replace the native kext in /System/Library/Extensions and rebuild the kext cache (which is not ideal as it will probably get replaced by system updates). 

Is there a way to force macOS to preferentially load that kext from EFI rather than /S/L/E?

If not then it's OK, I will just need to write a script for my friend that replaces that specific kext and rebuilds caches in the event he installs any macOS system updates that replace the Mojave kext.

Thanks again - this has really been a rollercoaster of emotions repeatedly trying (and failing) to get it working. 
UHD630.thumb.png.8e727c6771af15d800eb295830ed1ccd.png

Off topic sorry.
Do you cpu pm working? Looks like your cpu always high usage.

24 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Off topic sorry.
Do you cpu pm working? Looks like your cpu always high usage.

Yeah I was doing other stuff in the background when I took that first grab. Seems to be working OK only using PluginType in clover ACPI config and nothing else. This is what it looks like when system is left idle.

power.png

2 hours ago, proresettt said:

@Andrey1970

UHD630.png

From EFI this kext is loaded will not be. Replace kext is necessary.

But it is possible to use masking under KBL and a frame of "0 connectors" as for KBL.

device-id 12590000

AAPL,ig-platform-id 03001259

Then replace kext is not required and there will be no problems with updates.

433386_Snimok_ehkrana_2018-07-19_v_22_13_10.png.c03fdc5003cbcb275f19d1b0263c03a4.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrey1970 said:

From EFI this kext is loaded will not be. Replace kext is necessary.

But it is possible to use masking under KBL and a frame of "0 connectors" as for KBL.

device-id 12590000

AAPL,ig-platform-id 03001259

Then replace kext is not required and there will be no problems with updates.

433386_Snimok_ehkrana_2018-07-19_v_22_13_10.png.c03fdc5003cbcb275f19d1b0263c03a4.png

Thank you again very much! I will try this on a fresh install shortly after I have finished doing some benchmarking. This community is the best!

Hope someone can help me out here.

I have Mojave installed on a prebuilt HP desktop (Envy 750-177c) with i7-6700, 16GB ddr3, 120GB ssd, and intel HD 530 graphics. There is no way to adjust the DVMT settings in the BIOS, so I followed the guide here and was able to complete the install. 

The problem is I have no graphics acceleration at all. The UI is extremely buggy, sometimes I have to login from the apple loading screen then logout with the keyboard shortcut to even see the login screen. When I can enter my account, all the actions like launching an app from the dock and launchpad are not very smooth. 

I was able to get the weglog.txt and the appleintelframebuffer file, but I can't locate the IOReg file?

I'll include my EFI as well. 

AppleIntelFramebuffer_8_18.0

weglog.txt

EFI.zip

@Andrey1970

Just wanna say that the device-id and AAPL;ig-platform-id worked perfectly. I now have the IGPU recognised with quick-sync capabilities on a native standard (non 17G2208) build of macOS. Thank you so much again!

I want to add some search keywords incase anyone else is struggling with this:

Whatevergreen 8700k UHD 630 device-id ig-platform-id High Sierra 10.13.6

Hopefully this can also help some others who arrive via search engine as this is a long thread to scan through. Is there anywhere I can donate to your dev efforts? Happy to send you some crypto or something.

благодарю вас!
Edited by proresettt
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 6:05 PM, Andrey1970 said:

@proresettt

Use model iMac18,3.
Delete Devices-Properties.

Set Nvidia of the first in Bios. Set DVMT: 32MB. Set DVMT Total: Max.

Build 17G2208 does not contain CFL framebuffer "0 connectors". You need to replace AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext on same from Mojave.

The framebuffer "0 connectors" will be injected automatically by means of WEG. 

10.14_AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext.zip

Just want to thank you for this. I was at my wits end.

I followed everything, but realized I was still on iMacPro1,1. A change to 18,3 and boom, HW accel is enabled!

I7 4710mq 
hd4600

1080*1920

hdmi 4k

applealc layout-id 22 

hdmi audio normal

My computer is Lenovo y430p, recently bought a 4k resolution display, when accessing 4k resolution display through hdmi, the highest resolution of the display is only 1080p, when I adjust Enable 128MB DVMT-prealloc, this time My notebook's own display will flash continuously, but this time the 4k screen is normal, I want to make my notebook monitor and my 4k monitor work at the same time, can someone help me?
Attachment is my config.plist

config.plist