Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

After installing Natit.kext, either edited or ATI auto, I get mirrored displayed.. But I got this before I installed the Natit.kext. Since I have an ATI x1600pro (MSI PRO-TD256E) I put in the x1600 dual display Info.plist (in both edited and auto) when I reboot after repairing permissions and such, I get 1280x1024 display on the main monitor, the second monitor is 1024x768 extended desktop. But my main monitor is really wavy. If I try and change the second monitors resolution it goes blank. If I hit Detect Displays, it goes back to the default mirrored, with no options to go extended, but the wavyness is gone. Also, I noticed that it seems to detect my monitors backwards saying my main monitor is a Dell when it's really a SyncMaster and my second monitor is a Syncmaster when it's a dell.. Any ideas???

I was having this same problem.

I installed from Jas 10.4.7 DVD and then followed the procedure linked from Semthex's blog.

I apparently had some wrong versions of some kexts or some corrupted.

I found a Torrent for Titan witch included all the Geforce and Nvida Kexts.

I copied all of them into my system except the Titan.kext (kept Natit), made the edits to Geforce, NVHal40 and NVResman, repaired perms.

Rebooted and sure enough it worked.

amdsse3,

would you happen to remember where you found the torrent? I would love a pm and/or e-mail pointer to it.

After installing Natit.kext, either edited or ATI auto, I get mirrored displayed.. But I got this before I installed the Natit.kext. Since I have an ATI x1600pro (MSI PRO-TD256E) I put in the x1600 dual display Info.plist (in both edited and auto) when I reboot after repairing permissions and such, I get 1280x1024 display on the main monitor, the second monitor is 1024x768 extended desktop. But my main monitor is really wavy. If I try and change the second monitors resolution it goes blank. If I hit Detect Displays, it goes back to the default mirrored, with no options to go extended, but the wavyness is gone. Also, I noticed that it seems to detect my monitors backwards saying my main monitor is a Dell when it's really a SyncMaster and my second monitor is a Syncmaster when it's a dell.. Any ideas???

Hi, you can tell me your version of:

atidrv.kext

atix1000.kext

iondrvsupoort.kext

an send your natit.kext (edited), i have a sapphire x1600 (one vga.one DVI) but o dont have dual display anable.

thanks

I was having this same problem.

I installed from Jas 10.4.7 DVD and then followed the procedure linked from Semthex's blog.

I apparently had some wrong versions of some kexts or some corrupted.

I found a Torrent for Titan witch included all the Geforce and Nvida Kexts.

I copied all of them into my system except the Titan.kext (kept Natit), made the edits to Geforce, NVHal40 and NVResman, repaired perms.

Rebooted and sure enough it worked.

Yeah, ask the Demon about Nvidia_10_4_8_Accelerated_Kexts ;D

i downloaded this and installed this packed, edited Geforce, NVHal40 and NVResman kexts

but after booting i got black screen with inverted updown mouse which moved in unpredictable directions.

My system.log follows:

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: NVDANV30HAL loaded and registered.

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Apple16X50ACPI2: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR2

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Apple16X50UARTSync2: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: NVDANV40HAL loaded and registered.

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: NVDA::probe(display)

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Starting.

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: device-id: 0x0326

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Found device

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Found device name

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,EDID=<data not shown>

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,NVMT=<data not shown>

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting device_type=NVDA,Parent

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,device_type=display

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,EDID=<data not shown>

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,fboffset=0x00020000

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,name=NVDA,Display-B

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,name=NVDA,Display-A

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting NVCAP=<data not shown>

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,device_type=display

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting model=nVidia GeForce FX 5500

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: NVDA::start(display) <1>

Nov 21 16:16:14 localhost kernel[0]: NVDA::start(display) <1> failed

EDITED:

with titan all ok

Hi, you can tell me your version of:

atidrv.kext

atix1000.kext

iondrvsupoort.kext

an send your natit.kext (edited), i have a sapphire x1600 (one vga.one DVI) but o dont have dual display anable.

thanks

I am using atidrv.kext and iondrvsupport.kext from 10.4.5. I am using the atix1000.kext from the x1x00 3.6 installer.

The only thing I did to Natit.kext was download it (your choice, I'd pick the auto one) and download the dualx1600.plist rename the plist Info.plist and put it in the Natit.kext package. Throw that in your extensions folders, fix it's permissions chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext then chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext then remove Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext and reboot... Cross your fingers.

hi,

thanks for you reply, but I tried of this form, and alone I had the monitor in clone. my

DVI dont functions.

i will try again!

[]'s

I also noticed that I CANNOT get it to repeat the expanded monitor once I change the resolution or click detect displays. If I reinstall all of the Kexts, I only get clone. I have to do a clean install of OS X and then replace the kexts to get the funky extended monitor issue I am having.

Yeah, ask the Demon about Nvidia_10_4_8_Accelerated_Kexts ;D

Well, I tried the Demon & TorrentSpy & Pirate Bay & .. &.. for both Nvidia_10_4_8_Accelerated_Kexts & geforce but found no joy. I guess the torrent must have been removed.

Still, thanks to all who tried to help.

Well, I tried the Demon & TorrentSpy & Pirate Bay & .. &.. for both Nvidia_10_4_8_Accelerated_Kexts & geforce but found no joy. I guess the torrent must have been removed.

Still, thanks to all who tried to help.

Took 3 seconds to find this on Demonoid dated Nov 13: "Nvidia 10.4.8 Accelerated Kexts"

These Are the correct set of Kexts to be used for Jas 10.4.8 to have

accelerated NVIDIA video. They "should" work with most Nvidia 5,6,7

series video cards, but YMMV

This package "should" work for most of you if you have a current

or upgrade 10.4.8. This does not require the 10.4.8 kernel, but

you will not get the full QE/CI acceleration. You will have the

fastest 2D graphics, not to mention the ability to change your

resolution.

Follow the instructions inside, but use at your own risk!

I am putting together a machine with the following Specs

Core 2 Duo 6600

ATI RADEON X1950 Pro.

8GB of Ram XMS 6400 DDR2

500 GB segate

Shuttle p3700 barebones.

My concern is that I really don't know what I am doing in regards to getting OSX working on the X1950 with all the features working. I really only care for 2 things, resolution changes and QE/CI. Can someone tell in regards to this thread how I would go about installing OSX, and which version should I use 10.4.8. I have the 10.4.6 DVD and I'm currently running 10.4.7 on my 9800 PRO system (it has everything). I won't update till I finish my project and i build that new system I have here.

Any advice where to start? Things I need to know etc.

For those with x1600 cards with 512mb and incorrect ram identification:

The 10.4.5 ATINDRV kext from 10.4.5 apparently doesn't work too nicely with the other 10.4.8 ATi kexts when it comes to correct hardware identification. If you have the 10.4.5 ATINDRV kext, regardless of how you set up your plist it will never be able to register more than 256mb of video card ram.

Therefore, these are the proper versions you should use for each kext:

• IONDRVSupport.kext - 10.4.7
  • ATINDRV.lext - 10.4.7
  • All kexts beginning with "ATi..." (other than ATINDRV) - 10.4.8
  • AGPgart.kext (Only if you have an AGP card. Get the latest version from x86dev.org)

If you need the 10.4.7 ATINDRV and IONDRVSupport kexts, here they are is:

ATINDRV_and_IONDRVSupport_10.4.7.zip

... and here's proof... :(

radeoncl1.png

Graphics benchmarks went up quite a bit. :D

EDIT: After testing different setups, I now recommend that both ATINDRV and IONDRVSupport kexts are from 10.4.7.

Is this a cure for not having 512 MB recognized on any ATI x1xxx card or is it specific for x1600? [edit - grammar]

The 10.4.5 ATINDRV kext from 10.4.5 apparently doesn't work too nicely with the other 10.4.8 ATi kexts when it comes to correct hardware identification. If you have the 10.4.5 ATINDRV kext, regardless of how you set up your plist it will never be able to register more than 256mb of video card ram.

• IONDRVSUPPORT.KEXT - 10.4.5
  • ATINDRV.KEXT - 10.4.7

[snip]

Can the Natit.kext work on Ati X850 X PE (AGP 8X)?

Because I tried it already!

- WITH CALLISTO 008, it can be applied, but it seems nothing change! (At least, I didn't record any change)

- WITHOUT CALLISTO 008, It hangs on start up with the black screen!

So, It can works on Ati X850 X PE (AGP 8X) or not?

Thanks!

• IONDRVSUPPORT.KEXT - 10.4.5
  • ATINDRV.KEXT - 10.4.7

If you need the 10.4.7 ATINDRV, here it is:

... and here's proof: :D

radeoncl1.png

Graphics benchmarks went up quite a bit. ;)

This is really great!

So, your DVI is working correct now with 10.4.7 ATINDRV?

This would be a BIG thing! So let me test this when I come home from work... and then make an installer :D

Thanks Takuro!

Hi dudes

Sapphire ATI Radeon Pro AGP 512MB

I got the same result as u Takuro with the following:

Boris Badenov's 3.5

Here 256 MB PCI

Neopheus Natit Uni install 1.0

Here 512 MB PCI

AGPGart 2.1q

Here 512 MB AGP

I have a mini dvd player with tv in (both s-video and RCA) and will try tv out l8r...

But I do not understand that this is news...

So, lets say I already have a fully working 256Mb X1600, but dual displays are not working. Could I install a cheap (but supported) nvidia card, install the natit kext, and then use one monitor on each card and do dual displays?

I am curious to try this out, but I will be away from my hackintosh for about a week now on vacation :-/

Geforce 7800 GT with Belnia B101715 and a 480p plasma tv

I have Functioning dual screens with spanning desktop or as mirrored.

Only problem is the second display is up side down. :)

I did not modify the Natit.kxt at all.

Has anybody got a suggestion to correct the upside down screen problem.

thanks

EDITED

Natit 'auto' kext from the new Natit website sorted the problem. Working 100% What more do you want for your Hackintosh!

well done to all the clever people out there.

Just an update...

I'm playing around with different versions of ATINDRV and IONDRVSupport. So far, it seems that my video card's performance is definitely best if both are taken from the 10.4.7 release. I had previously said to use the 10.4.7 ATINDRV and the 10.4.5 IONDRVSupport kexts, but I think mixing these two causes small hangs in CI and QE effects. Don't ask why... it's complicated. In a nutshell, I think it has to do with effective vid card ram and resources management.

Although the kext build numbers between the 10.4.5 and 10.4.7 IONDRVSupport kexts aren't different, there might have been small alterations. In either case, I'm seeing CI and QE that acts very fluidly, along with proper ram detection. With the 10.4.5 IONDRVSupport kext, CI effects tended to be a little rough and delayed.

I'm going to experiment with the 10.4.8 ATINDRV and IONDRVSupport kexts tomorrow. I want to find out what exactly causes DVI signals to be lost. Hopefully, it will break down to a matter of using all 10.4.8 kexts, for both ATi drivers and framebuffer drivers. It's always best to keep everything on par to max out performance. Using a kext from an older build always has potential drawbacks.

- Later