Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

Neopheus, can you let me know what versions of ATINDRV and IONDRVSupport you used in your

Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg. Cheers...

I used a changed version of 10.4.8 kexts! This could be the problem for dual display support! I have to try it first! I hope I can get it to work too...

for those who dont use dual display like me, i aint complaining, it works perfect...

It's not even about using dual displays. It's about getting both outputs working on cards with dual outputs, like those cards that have both VGA and DVI outputs. I honestly only have one display hooked up, but it's hooked up to my secondary DVI output. Therefore, I need to use the "dual displays" method to get both outputs working, even if I'm not using both.

Once you get dual outputs working, it's only a matter of tweaking EDID strings to go from mirroring to full-blown extended desktops. But again, that isn't my particular interest.

Neoheus. It's an easy fix. Just use the 10.4.7 IONDRVSupport and ATINDRV like I said. :construction:

It's not even about using dual displays. It's about getting both outputs working on cards with dual outputs, like those cards that have both VGA and DVI outputs. I honestly only have one display hooked up, but it's hooked up to my secondary DVI output. Therefore, I need to use the "dual displays" method to get both outputs working, even if I'm not using both.

Once you get dual outputs working, it's only a matter of tweaking EDID strings to go from mirroring to full-blown extended desktops. But again, that isn't my particular interest.

Neoheus. It's an easy fix. Just use the 10.4.7 IONDRVSupport and ATINDRV like I said. :construction:

Yep... :)

could you please upload your 10.4.7 IONDRVSupport.kext too?

Would be great because I don't have it anymore...

Sorry about that, NeoPheus. You can get the 10.4.7 ATINDRV and IONDRVSupport kexts in my original post here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=239582

Remember, use the "dual ati" plist on the 1st post of this thread. Rename "dualdisplays.plist" to "Info.plist," drop it into Natit.kext, and repair permissions on the plist.

I can report SUCCESS!

Today, I've changed my Radeon X1600 Pro for a GeForce 6600GT and got it to work with Natit_edited.kext!!!

You can see my specs in the signature.

P.S.: I'm currently watching The Simpsons on the 2nd monitor... :P

prolinesurfer, what did you do to get it working? I've got the same card as you and I just dropped natit.kext in - it works but only one display. It doesn't detect the other display connected to the dvi head via a VGA adaptor.

Hello,

I installed Natit 1.0 and now I've got full support for my Nvidia 7600GT but something strange appens. Graphic card fan runs very much faster then when I boot to XP and makes a lot of noise. Boot is very-very slow. Before GUI starts, my LCD screen stops for about 10 seconds and then it went back with full graphic support. I noticed that if I boot in safe mode, graphic card fan runs correctly but LCD screen stops the same.

Someone got the same problem? ...and maybe solved it?

...sorry newbee...

I tried Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg.zip but on reboot I got Kernel Panic...{censored}.

- I use the 10.4.8 AMD SSE3 from Tubegirl.

- I installed a lot ATI to get my X1600 pro PCI-E 512Mb working proper, but nothing worked!

(i.e. ATIX1x00_3.6.mpkg.zip, then 3.5, 3.2, 2.7, then installed ati driver.mpkg.zip, nothing new only 1024x768

no QE, QI) after -s uninstallscript, got back to "normal" then tried to install the Natit and bang kernel panic.

Any help to "delete" the Nati stuff ?

Should I try a new install with the tubegirl DVD or wait for something "better" ? And how should I install the Nati thing ?

I got a X1900gt and it now works...

Two DVI monitors rotated 90 degrees (portrait display)

One thing that I noticed was that the rotation settings are NOT SAVED between reboots... ie the computer returns to landscape mode...

Has anyone else noticed that monitor settings are forgotten upon reboot...

hi guys,

Noepheus the stranger is that if you to bind x1600 without loading no

to driver, output DVI work, and you have the monitors in dual mode (clone), but

does not have QE/CI or any acceleration.

[]'s

Right but thats normal!

It then uses VESA drivers and these does not offer QE and CI! :angel:

Neopheus, i haven't read the whole threaad so i'm not sure exactly what you've tried. I think i have the 256mb version of your card. To get a signal from my DVI i had to manually input my monitors EDID into the info.plist using property list editor. Otherwise the monitor would appear to stay in sleep mode. Thats using the auto ati kext with the dual ati plist. Also, it always show vga as plugged in even when it's not but that doesn't really bother me.