Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

Guest bikedude880
Hey!

I got some serious troubles getting my GeForce 7300 GS to work.

I did a clean install with JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 only DVD, using the semthex kernel. I added Natit.kext using Neo's first Universal installer and it didn't work, as in the System boots up normally but no QE/CI or Resolution switching.

Until now, I think I tried every single version of Natit/Titan and none of them is working.

I even inserted my card's dev id into Geforce/NVDAN40/NVADResman's Info.plist.

Nothing is workling. :(

If I load natit.kext by hand (kextload -v Natit.kext) it just loads up fine, but nothing happens.

Please help me!

Who makes the card? I know for a fact the one made by PNY works perfectly (I'm using it right now with QE/CI/reschange). I believe there is a list of kexts that you need to replace. I will see if I can find it.

Who makes the card? I know for a fact the one made by PNY works perfectly (I'm using it right now with QE/CI/reschange). I believe there is a list of kexts that you need to replace. I will see if I can find it.

It's a Leadtek WinFast PX7300 GS/TDH to be specific. GeForce.kext, NVDAResman.kext and NVDAN40 are all loaded during bootup, so I think my card is *somehow* detected?!

Neopheus i need an isntaller wich removes your old installer...

I dont think you need one, or at least I didn't unistall the Neopheus installer for boris method I had.

Hey everyone

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with a PCIe X1300 (Dev ID 0x7146)? With Natit Auto, it finds my card, lists two dev ids (7146 and 7166) which I think must be the VGA and DVI ports as it supports dual screens in Windows. At this point it will boot into OS X and give me full resolution control but no CI/QE. After editing ATIRadeonX1000.kext to add my device ID, I get a blank blue screen.

Any ideas???

Thanks

hi guys,

any news for x1600 and DVI output?

looking at mine ioreg i see this:

+-o ATY,Wormy@1 <class IONDRVDevice, registered, matched, acti$

| | | | | {

| | | | | "vendor-id" = <02100000>

| | | | | "device-id" = <c2710000> <====> a correct Id for this asid correct for this would not have to be e271 ?

| | | | | "AAPL,vram-memory" = <000000c000000010>

| | | | | "AAPL,gray-value" = <c38c6400>

| | | | | "ATY,memsize" = <0000000000000010>

| | | | | "AAPL,ndrv-dev" = Yes

| | | | | "display-connect-flags" = <00000000>

| | | | | "mach_o" = <"1.1f34">

| | | | | "VRAM,memsize" = <0000000000000010>

| | | | | "AAPL,interrupts" = <10000000070000000000000000000100>

| | | | | "AAPL,RegEntryID" = <80edec027f1213fd656d69537a6c7552>

| | | | | "driver-ist" = <80ee5f030100000080ee5f030200000080ee5f030$

| | | | | "IOFBDependentIndex" = 1

| | | | | "AAPL,address" = <00800c3000303c2b00a8000000800c40>

| | | | | "ATY,ActiveFlags" = <01>

| | | | | "assigned-addresses" = <100001c200000000000000c0000000000$

| | | | | "AAPL,gray-page" = <01000000>

| | | | | "ndrv_date" = <"Aug 11 2006">

| | | | | "revision-id" = <00000000>

| | | | | "display-type" = <"NONE">

| | | | | "ndrv_version" = <"1.1f34">

| | | | | "AAPL,maps" = ("_IOMemoryMap is not serializable","_IOMem$

| | | | | "compatible" = <"ATY,Wormy">

| | | | | "IOFBDependentID" = 50476288

| | | | | "ATY,ControlFlags" = <9d>

| | | | | "name" = <"ATY,Wormy">

| | | | | "device_type" = <"display">

| | | | | "AAPL,iokit-ndrv" = <a014392b>

| | | | | "AAPL,ndrv-interrupt-set" = "IONDRVInterruptSet is not se$

| | | | | "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=18446744072635809792,"len$

| | | | | }

[]'s

Not yet, CycloneFr!

TheMax32000 and I are working on an automized installer...

cYa

So this project does not work for laptop users!

Whenever I tried the kext, it looked like external monitor info was being posted to my screen.

It did give me full support, except the resolution was completely off, and I only got half of the screen.

The other wierd thing was when I would sleep, and restart I got a BIOS error saying there was a security problem.

What info do you need from us mobility users to complete this project?

Can we do something to help you with this work?

DEVID 71c4

Victory is mine!!!!

I have been struggling for the last week and a half trying to get QE/CI working on my nVidia 6800 GS (0x0047) AGP. I knew I was doing everything right because I could get in with any version of Titan with no accelleration and with any version of Natit, but only after removing the data strings from both EDID tags in the .plist.

Today, only 10 minutes ago I realized I forgot to do one thing. In the process of testing I removed, added, edited, changed, and tried every combination of kext known to Mac. I even tried removing AGPGArt.kext which resulted in loading Titan with no QE/CI but it changed my card from AGP to PCI. Through all of this I gave up, finally settling with Natit.kext with the EDID data removed.

Then I realized that I hadn't tried removing AGPGart.kext and then loading the Natit.kext. So I tried this and BAM!!! it works full support for QE and CI.

So now I work!! Thanks to Prasys for patience with my pestering on private messaging on the IRC channels. Thanks to everyone else for their hard work on this.

Two ports on the card - primary port is 71c2 and secondary port is 71e2

hi guys,

i now rammjet, but this Id is showed in 1# port, and 71e2 is a 2# vga port, i think is a correct:

71c2 port0= x1600

71e2 port1=x1600 secondary

this is correct?

thanks

hello,

first of all - thank you for your efforts! your work is impressive.

and yes - i have read that the nati only works with ati1xxx cards. i'm just curious what's possible :-)

my card is an ati x300 se. i installed the nati.kext and my second adapter is recognized. my systemprofiler tells me in the pci-sections that i have two display adapters:

1. Radeon X300/SE (PCIE)

Name: OMNI,CALLISTO

Typ: display

Bus: PCI

Steckplatz: J6C1

Hersteller-ID: 0x1002

Geräte-ID: 0x5b60

Subsystem-Hersteller-ID: 0x17af

Subsystem-ID: 0x201e

Versions-ID: 0x0000

2. ATI Radeon X300/X550 Series Secondary

Name: ATY,Alopias

Geräte-ID: 0x5b70

Subsystem-ID: 0x201f

but it won't recognize my two displays.

could anybody give me a hint what's wrong? or is it just impossible (at the moment) to get this stuff work. because thats the last feature i need, to own a perfect mac at home :-)

both monitors are 19" sony sdm94.

thank you!

pic_1.tiff

pic_2.tiff

hello,

first of all - thank you for your efforts! your work is impressive.

and yes - i have read that the nati only works with ati1xxx cards. i'm just curious what's possible :-)

my card is an ati x300 se. i installed the nati.kext and my second adapter is recognized. my systemprofiler tells me in the pci-sections that i have two display adapters:

1. Radeon X300/SE (PCIE)

Name: OMNI,CALLISTO

Geräte-ID: 0x5b60

Subsystem-ID: 0x201e

2. ATI Radeon X300/X550 Series Secondary

Name: ATY,Alopias

Geräte-ID: 0x5b70

Subsystem-ID: 0x201f

but it won't recognize my two displays.

could anybody give me a hint what's wrong? or is it just impossible (at the moment) to get this stuff work. because thats the last feature i need, to own a perfect mac at home :-)

both monitors are 19" sony sdm94.

thank you!

pic_1.tiff

pic_2.tiff

Das problem ist, dass Natit nicht den richtigen Treiber für andere Karten anspricht! Das Gebiet ist bisher noch total unerforscht von uns! Wir müssen erstmal rausbekommen warum manche X1600 nicht funktionieren und können uns dann auf die niedrigeren Karten konzentrieren!

Er lädt zwar einen Treiber, aber nur den "Standart"... Der ist normalerweise für die X1800... Da der Name X300 aber eingetragen ist, wird dieser richtig angezeigt!

Hoffe, ich konnte ein bisschen Licht ins Dunkel bringen!

For the others: I just made him clear that natit does not load any driver for other cards than X1x00... :blink:

@NeoPheus:

danke, du konntest licht ins dunkel bringen.

thank you for the - hmm, good news.

@all

has anybody recommendations for a working card? geforce 7300 GT (delivered with macPros...)? something like that?

Hm, the 7xxx series are pretty good cards... with them you could have luck and get dual screen to work!

Maybe a X1900 is also good but not better!

I'm looking currently at a 7800 :blink:

Übrigens, geiler Name :D

NeoPheus's uni natit wprks perfect with my card and dual screens, what i need to do to have tv out ?

Hi guys,

aberracus, what info.plist you are using? your DVI out is working too? what noe's installer vs. u used, a bata or another? you you can post a tuturial for install and configuring a X1600?

thanks friend and sorry my bad english!

[]'s

hi guys,

neopheus, you have a new relase of natit universal installer?

[]'s

Hi guys,

aberracus, what info.plist you are using? your DVI out is working too? what noe's installer vs. u used, a bata or another? you you can post a tuturial for install and configuring a X1600?

[]'s

hi guys,

neopheus, you have a new relase of natit universal installer?

[]'s

Hey!

I have no luck for myself with the X1600 (no DVI)!

There is no other installer than the beta yet! I hope find out what causes the issue with the dual screen!