Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've added values posted by Maxx, and it worked on internal display, but the resolution was 1600x1050. What and where should I change to get 1280x800? Please respond good people.

---- EDIT ----

OK, third reboot showed that its not working every time (like ATIinject.kext), blue screen again :-(

just like to say that contrary to previous postings, ATY_Alopias is for X1800 AND X1900 - ATY_Sphryna (or however you spell it) is, im pretty sure, NOT for X1900.

My findings support this as well. My x1900gt (0x724b) uses ATY_Alopias with 100% support.

Just curious if anyone has got a vga monitor to work with Natit? I have a Asus 1600 card and a crt monitor but can't seem to get it to work. I get all sort of distortion upon reboot. Any suggestions? I have just one monitor hooked up as well

cheers

just like to say that contrary to previous postings, ATY_Alopias is for X1800 AND X1900 - ATY_Sphryna (or however you spell it) is, im pretty sure, NOT for X1900.

I'll update the next release to use alopias for X1900 too. Does anybody know what Sphyrna is for?

Natit_edited used it by default for my card.

That version doesn't use different values for different cards, it will use alopias for any card. The reason the autodetect version used Sphyrna for X1900, is that I was told that was the right driver for the card. A lot of people have said now that X1900 uses Alopias.

I dont know if this is a known issue or not, but with natit on my X1600 Pro, I get a big funky white block in the middle of the screen. I think it's some sort of resolution issue. Boris works fine though, so I stick with that.

That version doesn't use different values for different cards, it will use alopias for any card. The reason the autodetect version used Sphyrna for X1900, is that I was told that was the right driver for the card. A lot of people have said now that X1900 uses Alopias.

Oh gotcha. Well Natit_edited worked brilliantly for my card, and that explains why autodetect didn't. :P

Thanks for all your work. :)

Well, made some progress... I now get full support on my X1600XT including dual screen(mirrored though) by using two dvi to vga adapters on my card.

Gonna try a couple of things and see if i can get dual screen expanded to work.

Ciber, you are not getting mirrored displays, you are getting a cloned image. The difference is that mirroring would imply that the OS is detecting two displays, two ports that are just mirrored. In our case, it is not mirror. It is simply the same image repeated on both ports. But we don't get dual screen. This is just so it doesn't confuse people into thinking that dual displays is currently working on X1600 because it is not (still).

I wonder if someone like Ciber with dual DVI outs, could get dual display working though. My theory is that with a digital connection, your displays won't care if the default output is LVDS. Maybe you can try one "modified" plist based on TheMaxx's settings and see if that works ...

Ciber, you are not getting mirrored displays, you are getting a cloned image. The difference is that mirroring would imply that the OS is detecting two displays, two ports that are just mirrored. In our case, it is not mirror. It is simply the same image repeated on both ports. But we don't get dual screen. This is just so it doesn't confuse people into thinking that dual displays is currently working on X1600 because it is not (still).

I wonder if someone like Ciber with dual DVI outs, could get dual display working though. My theory is that with a digital connection, your displays won't care if the default output is LVDS. Maybe you can try one "modified" plist based on TheMaxx's settings and see if that works ...

I've tried that already. I have pretty much tried everything now and still nothing, and you're right, it is just a cloned image, but it's more than i got before where the second screen would just go to sleep.

Anyway, I think i'm just gonna buy a 7600 GT, this is just not worth all the effort heh.

Is the only ATI card that is operating correctly with DUAL DVI the x1900xt that another topic talks about?

If so I need to return my x1650 that I just ordered...

Seems to be the case. X16XX's are a lost cause so far... I'm debating a 7600GT or 7900GS right now.

If some people running nvidia/ati cards could post whether they have dual screen working, it'd be appreciated by those of us that are in need of a new card.

Maybe start a new thread for that? Maybe someone could compile some sort of list...