Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

thanks to Takuro for the Kexts but it does not work....

Just incase, here's a checklist:

• Download and install all ATi kexts from the Apple 10.4.8 combo update, except for ATINDRV
  • Modify ATiRadeonx1600.kext to include your cards ID for QE, CI
  • Download and install the 10.4.7 IONDRVSupport and 10.4.7 ATINDRV kexts
  • Delete Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext
  • Download "Natit Auto ATi" and insert the special "Dualx1600" plist
  • After moving it to the extensions folder, do
    sudo chmod -R 755 system/library/extensions/Natit/contents/Info.plist

Since permissions on Info.plist will definitely be messed up.

• Edit the Natit plist in Property Editor (Part of Developer Tools) getting rid of the "LVDS,EDID" string and modifying the "DFP1,EDID" string to contain your monitors EDID data (hex form, remember to keep beginning and closing symbols)
  • Save the plist (a common skipped step. I know its dumb...)
  • In terminal
    kextcache -k system/library/extensions
    chown -R root:wheel system/library/extensions
    sudo kextload system/library/extensions/Natit.kext

To see if it load successfully

• Now clear your old monitor info
    rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.pref*
    rm -f ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.window*
    rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.apple.window*

• Now reboot. I recommend rebooting with -v to see if the Natit kext displays any errors. It should say something about "ATI Radeon x1600 series secondary" if DVI is working.

If you still get a black screen at boot, go into VGA mode, download DisplayConfigX, and use it to force your monitor to use only its max resolution. (Be careful about refresh rate limits. If I set mine over 60Hz, it turns black.)

This works because often DVI won't display anything unless the right resolution is being fed through your video card. Mine's very picky about that. If the resolution is set via VGA on mirroring-mode, the DVI goes black. But in the Display Preference menubar icon, it lists a series of recent resolutions. Usually I'll see two recent entries of "1680x1050" listed, because one is really VGA-optimized and the other is DVI optimized. [i'm not taking about in the preferences itself, but in the "Recent Items" area of the menubar menu (if you have it enabled.)]

[*] Edit the Natit plist in Property Editor (Part of Developer Tools) getting rid of the "LVDS,EDID" string and modifying the "DFP1,EDID" string to contain your monitors EDID data (hex form, remember to keep beginning and closing < > symbols)

How can I put my monitors EDID data in a single string?(DFP1) I can do it if I have 2 identical monitors, but if they are different? :)

How can I put my monitors EDID data in a single string?(DFP1) I can do it if I have 2 identical monitors, but if they are different? :)

That was written for people who just want DVI to work. That's what I'm trying to accomplish.

Took 3 seconds to find this on Demonoid dated Nov 13: "Nvidia 10.4.8 Accelerated Kexts"

I want to report - Complete Success - :)

I just received a GeForce FX5500 - 256Mb - PCI card today to replace my Radeon 9250 PCI. I downloaded the Nvidia Accelerated Kexts torrent. Edited as instructed - installed them all including Titan and it works!

System Profiler reports:

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500:

Chipset Model:	NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCI
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:	0x0326
 Revision ID:	0x00a1
 Displays:
IBM G96:
 Resolution:	1600 x 1200 @ 75 Hz
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Supported
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Supported
Display:

I want to go back and replace Titan with the Natit-Auto just to see if it will work, but for now - WOW!

UPDATE: I removed Titan and replaced it with Natit-Auto. All still works - card is recognized - resolution change works - CI/QE supported.

ReUpdate:Sadly, I spoke too soon. When I Installed Natit it worked on the first boot - when I rebooted the system it went to a black screen. I had to boot to single user and replace Natit with titan to get the display back. I have tried several reboots with Titan and it appears solid - I plan to quit while I am ahead untill there is a new release of Natit-Auto.

Many thanks to all who made this change possible.

ps: for the first time, DVD player works, and Parallels will finally start

Additional:Google Earth works great. No mouse or other strange artifacts. :D:D:D

Bladerunner, thanks for validating what happened to me. It worked once with my ASUS EN7300GT, and then stopped, and I have tried every damn thing to get it going again. I was beginning to think that I had imagined it working....

But I still haven't got it going. Grrrr...

I wonder if I put my ASUS 7300 on ebay, and bought an Apple Branded 7300 if that would work, possibly without titan/natit. Or is titan/natit needed because of hacked OSx86?

Bladerunner, thanks for validating what happened to me. It worked once with my ASUS EN7300GT, and then stopped, and I have tried every damn thing to get it going again. I was beginning to think that I had imagined it working....

But I still haven't got it going. Grrrr...

I wonder if I put my ASUS 7300 on ebay, and bought an Apple Branded 7300 if that would work, possibly without titan/natit. Or is titan/natit needed because of hacked OSx86?

Funy, ebay is where I got the Geforce FX5500. I had searched all my normal spots - buy.com - amazon.com - newegg.com, etc... and all I could locate were either AGP or PCIe cards. The search on ebay was a last resort.

The only reason I bought the FX5500 was that some had reproted that they had gotten CI/QE working on AGP versions of the card and Ihoped that - just maybe - a plain-old PCI version would work also.

Nvidia Geforce FX 5600XT AGP 256MB did not work using Neopheus 1.0 uni pkg...

tried both thru vga and thru dvi to vga adapter, 1st black screen, 2nd screen with multicolored lines...

(i just removed the perfectly working ATI x1600 AGP, and slotted in instead my old Nvidia card)

Nvidia Geforce FX 5600XT AGP 256MB did not work using Neopheus 1.0 uni pkg...

tried both thru vga and thru dvi to vga adapter, 1st black screen, 2nd screen with multicolored lines...

(i just removed the perfectly working ATI x1600 AGP, and slotted in instead my old Nvidia card)

Hi guys,

Billy, i have a same 2 VGA, and now i use a FX 5600, and working fine! all functions are perfect, VGA,DVI and dual display. i have installed with NeoPheus uni installer+ natit auto, and just work!

My x1600 work, but no have DVI and 2 displays, you have any ideas for make X1600 for full work...

thanks

[]'s

I'm currently running x1600 pro 512mb agp with neopheus/boris installer/method . whats the difference?

I moved out Titan and installed Natit, Sometimes the cursor disappears, also it dont detect my monitor and sets a weird resolution.

Is there a way to enable some resolutions?

I'm using 1400x1050 (not a very common one).

I'm currently running x1600 pro 512mb agp with neopheus/boris installer/method . whats the difference?

Hi,

basically, it is the same thing, only that, with natit you can use

kexts original, and the function sleep also functions perfect, and exists

possibility of output DVI to work, and if having dual display.

;)

sorry my poor inglish!

Thanx Guedes Jr

I was missing natit auto, and will add it next time when test the card again...

cannot help u with dual display as do not have second output dsiplay, maybe tv out have not tested yet...

Hi guys,

Billy, i have a same 2 VGA, and now i use a FX 5600, and working fine! all functions are perfect, VGA,DVI and dual display. i have installed with NeoPheus uni installer+ natit auto, and just work!

My x1600 work, but no have DVI and 2 displays, you have any ideas for make X1600 for full work...

thanks

[]'s

OK, using latest natit.kext doesnt work for me (tearing and artifacts), so i re-installed neopheus uni installer package 1.0 which works perferct fro my x1600, but not GeForce FX5600

Guedes Jr, is yours an AGP or PCI?

Mine is an AGP.

You must have done something extra to make it work...

OK, using latest natit.kext doesnt work for me (tearing and artifacts), so i re-installed neopheus uni installer package 1.0 which works perferct fro my x1600, but not GeForce FX5600

Guedes Jr, is yours an AGP or PCI?

Mine is an AGP.

You must have done something extra to make it work...

hi,

mine is AGP to! but, you try see if your vgaID is in info.plist? mine is 10de 0312, verify this!

with my x1600, work too, but i dont have dual display an DVI out, i trying to decide as to make this to function!

[]'s

Hi

Right, I was missing two kexts, atiefi and atiinject...

Maybe they were needed for the nvidia, well see...

l8rz.

Edit: I dont know why I wrote this, I must have been dazed and confused, how can ATI related kexts help for Nvidia card, beats me, hehe...

My X1900 is now fully working.

I really don't know why it's working now. i tryed several times and i don't remember exactly what i did last time to get it work....

Anyway i am really very happy to have DVI working :)))

Thanks all

Matteo

PS: is it possible to backup my kext in order to use them in a future installation? How?

My X1900 is now fully working.

I really don't know why it's working now. i tryed several times and i don't remember exactly what i did last time to get it work....

Anyway i am really very happy to have DVI working :)))

Thanks all

Matteo

PS: is it possible to backup my kext in order to use them in a future installation? How?

Hi,

yes is possible, just create a folder file and copy your kexts for this!

you can send a copy of you ioreg -l for me?

thanks