AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

still no luck here with the system in signature. Taruga please help me...I need to have sound on headphones (now I have only stereo output with internal speakers using AppleAzaliaAudio.kext)...

Edited by thor486

What needs/can be done to get this to work using the older kernel 8.4. I have some hardware on my tabletpc which may not work if I upgrade to the more recent kernel.

I have a:

Codec: SigmaTel STAC9228

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x83847616

And, I've tried manually editing in the device/vendor id's into AppleHDA.kext and using the configs for sigmatel made by your patcher (which I swear makes sound if I click on the the little graphic that pops up) but no sound devices show up after boot.

Obviously, just using your patcher installs a kernel 8.8 AppleHDA which doesn't like being run under the 8.4 kernel.

Is there some simple/moderatel way to get this working under the older kernel?

Thanks

What needs/can be done to get this to work using the older kernel 8.4. I have some hardware on my tabletpc which may not work if I upgrade to the more recent kernel.

I have a:

Codec: SigmaTel STAC9228

Vendor Id: 0x83847616

And, I've tried manually editing in the device/vendor id's into AppleHDA.kext and using the configs for sigmatel made by your patcher (which I swear makes sound if I click on the the little graphic that pops up) but no sound devices show up after boot.

Obviously, just using your patcher installs a kernel 8.8 AppleHDA which doesn't like being run under the 8.4 kernel.

Is there some simple/moderatel way to get this working under the older kernel?

Thanks

Maybe I´ll try something...

Reporting in again, it looks like with patcher 1.12, everything worked using my codec dump for Sigmatel 9221. I now have sound on the internal speakers as well as the output jack.. and it functions properly as well. Connecting something on the output jack turns off the internal speakers. Excellent :)

I will test the mic input soon.

Dell XPS M1210 with Sigmatel 9220 (actually a Sigmatel 9221 from linux dump). Thanks again, Taruga!

B)

Tried Patchers 1.12 and 1.13 on. No diffirence on my Dell Laptop ...

1) headphones and speaker sound at same time

2) sound effects don't work

I've also lost microphone (bars visible, still labelled "untitled", but no response). Tried reinstalling 1.11 with fresh AppleHDA.kext, still no mic ...?

Anyone else with these results ?

Dell 6400 Core Duo Laptop (STAC 9200)

Vendor Id: 0x83847690

Subsystem Id: 0x102801bd

Revision Id: 0x102201

(p.s., no complaints ... thx Taruga)

Stac9200_Dell_6400.txt

post-281-1170821518_thumb.png

Edited by trexplorer

You have mic and phones both working? Which Taruga release are you using? I have a 640m and tried the 1.11 release but couldn't get mic to work.

Also, what codec are you using? Thanks.

i'm using a 1.11 and 1.12 release

the headphones and speaker sound at same time

the mic not work

i download the linux driver here

i'm using a 1.11 and 1.12 release

the headphones and speaker sound at same time

the mic not work

i download the linux driver here

A T T E N T I O N

I´m sorry about the mic, the problem happens with the same codec, that can have a different implementation.

Some vendors have different input/output nodes even within the same codec model

For ex:

Codec: SigmaTel STAC9200

Subsystem Id: 0x102801c9 1028 = Dell

Node 0x0f [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400181: Stereo

Pincap 0x0837: IN OUT

Pin Default 0x03a11023: [Jack] Mic at Ext Left

This one has Mic at node 0x0f

Codec: SigmaTel STAC9200

Subsystem Id: 0x102801d8 1028 = Dell

Node 0x0f [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400181: Stereo

Pincap 0x0837: IN OUT

Pin Default 0x40f000f2: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A

This one has .... nothing at node 0x0f

I will try to find a common solution for all, make my patcher check node by node the codec dump will work if it´s really your own codec dump or....

Play a little with codec init verbs, so I can assign the nodes to what I want to be common for all.

The last one, may be the better solution but I´ve got some testing to do regarding this issue.

That is why in some previous versions mic worked for some and not others and vice versa.

Patcher v1.13 panics my system, any good reading material on kernels and how to change it? Been looking it up but there's no specific thread on it or any that can be found using Search... 1.12 worked for me for some strange reason.

A little push in the right direction please? I'm still using the default kernel on JaS' 10.4.8 SSE2.SSE3 install DVD (with ppf1), is it mifki 8.4.1?

edit-

Nvm, found it. I really must be blind.

Edited by Zulu.Walker

Okay, DaemonES helped with the kernel, now I really have it working. Here it is, still fiddling with the output jacks. I have Digital Out working, but unfortunately, have no way to test it. How can I get the last analog output working? I really want to make it work! :thumbsdown_anim:

post-77533-1170843063_thumb.png post-77533-1170843078_thumb.png post-77533-1170843086_thumb.png

edit-

Taruga, can you look at the 2nd screenshot, my line-out jack is wrongly mapped to input... could that be the culprit? Maybe it's reversed or something... any thoughts?

Edited by Zulu.Walker

V1.13 - ALC660/861 still no go

Hi Taruga, your latest patcher is still running fine with DaemoES' and Mifki's kernel - not so great with Semthex's - but, after rebooting I still get no devices recognised under Sound/System Preferences

Maybe it would be a good ideia to get a list of the devices supported so far. It would be of great help for a lot of people looking for a way to get their soundcards working under OSX86... Just a thought...

(anyone knows where I can get Semthex's latest kernel release? - and a easy way to install it? Thanks)

jjduro

1.13 report:

Since 1.11 i lost the line in but the mic worked as unknown input without volume control. Now i still don't have the line-in but finally the microphone showing up correctly and got the volume control but become completly silent :hysterical:

Attached the in/out shots.

post-1113-1170855170_thumb.png post-1113-1170855157_thumb.png

1.13 report:

Since 1.11 i lost the line in but the mic worked as unknown input without volume control. Now i still don't have the line-in but finally the microphone showing up correctly and got the volume control but become completly silent :hysterical:

Attached the in/out shots.

post-1113-1170855170_thumb.png post-1113-1170855157_thumb.png

zef and others, please write always your codec id , it´s much easier for me to know from what codec you are reporting than search the whole topic

I have to much too to, and that helps me helping you too

Thanx

A T T E N T I O N

I´m sorry about the mic, the problem happens with the same codec, that can have a different implementation.

Some vendors have different input/output nodes even within the same codec model

I will try to find a common solution for all, make my patcher check node by node the codec dump will work if it´s really your own codec dump or....

Play a little with codec init verbs, so I can assign the nodes to what I want to be common for all.

The last one, may be the better solution but I´ve got some testing to do regarding this issue.

That is why in some previous versions mic worked for some and not others and vice versa.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks, Taruga. Wish there was more I could do to help.

New dump, first one didn't have correct channel volume values. v1.13 patcher still thinks one of the line-out stereo jack is a line-in port. gonna read up a bit more on this. Center/Sub channels are dead (black jack) as well as Rear Stereo Out (orange jack). I've analysed your AppleHDA guide and I'm interested in pages 10 onwards, but I don't know where those lines of text came from (AppleHDA.kext possibly?) Also, do you have any advice on what tools I should use and any tips before I start digging in? I'm pretty much a novice at this (OSX and BSD/Linux), but I'm not afraid to break my installation if it means getting the channels to work! :wacko:

thanks for the patcher btw. you released two .0x versions within 2 days. :hysterical:

GA-965P-S3 rev.1.0 (F8 BIOS) ALC883 5.1 codec dump:

dump.5point1.txt

Edited by Zulu.Walker

zef and others, please write always your codec id , it´s much easier for me to know from what codec you are reporting than search the whole topic

I have to much too to, and that helps me helping you too

Thanx

Taruga, thanks for yor efforts.

Codec: SigmaTel STAC9220D/9223D A2
Address: 2
Vendor Id: 0x83847681
Subsystem Id: 0x80860303
Revision Id: 0x103201

codecdump_D945GNTLR.txt

V1.13 - ALC660/861 still no go

Hi Taruga, your latest patcher is still running fine with DaemoES' and Mifki's kernel - not so great with Semthex's - but, after rebooting I still get no devices recognised under Sound/System Preferences

Maybe it would be a good ideia to get a list of the devices supported so far. It would be of great help for a lot of people looking for a way to get their soundcards working under OSX86... Just a thought...

(anyone knows where I can get Semthex's latest kernel release? - and a easy way to install it? Thanks)

jjduro

irc.macspeak.net

#kernel

Taruga, would there be a way of implementing Mono Mix/Sub Woofer volume controls for the STAC9200 at all? or is there a possible way of me controlling that volume through a different application?

Great work btw.