AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

BondDotCom

How did you switch to daemonES kernel.

I keep getting a kernel panic.

I followed the advice of someone earlier in this thread.

1. Google "daemonES kernel" and download it (1MB compressed, 4MB uncompressed)

2. Extract it to your root directory (I renamed it, too)

3. Restart and hit F8 immeditately to change boot options

4. At the boot prompt, type the name of it

It should load using that kernel instead of what you normally use. To check, open a terminal window and type "uname -a" (without the quotes).

To make it the default kernel, modify your com.apple.boot.plist file and change "mach_kernel" to whatever you named the daemonES one.

I will NOT fix it to work with semthex kernel, that must be some unstable kernel version.

I tested my patcher in a real mac, tested with Daemons and Mifkis kernel too. The problem only happens with some semthex kernel versions, so my conclusion is that the problem it´s kernel related and not a problem with my patcher.

I will NOT fix it to work with semthex kernel, that must be some unstable kernel version.

I tested my patcher in a real mac, tested with Daemons and Mifkis kernel too. The problem only happens with some semthex kernel versions, so my conclusion is that the problem it´s kernel related and not a problem with my patcher.

no problems here with semthex kernel... just update your kernel guys!

hey taruga, I had some trouble running knoppix and im not sure if i got the right dump. Knoppix had trouble booting and when I finally got it to boot, I had a hard time figuring everything out from there. Do you think that maybe I did something wrong while burning or booting? Im burning from OSX and just doing a cd boot. I did notice that there is a expert mode when I boot, should I have to go into that?

ok, ive figured out that Koppix doesnt work with my laptop. does anyone know how i can get my codec with the freespire live cd? See, I already have the freespire live cd. Or does anyone know how to get the codec dump with any linux distributions that will boot on an hp dv8000 laptop? Im a little stuck.

The problem is completely kernel related :)

My concern is what will we do for 10.4.9 or 10.5 :P

We can use 8.8.1 kernel for all of 4.9 most likely, but we'll be SOL with 10.5 ;)

The problem is completely kernel related :)

My concern is what will we do for 10.4.9 or 10.5 :P

We can use 8.8.1 kernel for all of 4.9 most likely, but we'll be SOL with 10.5 ;)

Don´t you worry with that ... leave it to me....

ok Taruga, here is my Conexant codec. Hope it works for you.

Attached File(s) 0x14f15045.txt ( 2.59k ) Number of downloads: 1

!FIX!

Wrong codec!!! sorry, use this one.

Tprism, are you sure it's your dump this time ? they both comes from my ftp ! LOOOOOL (i should put a 3rd ... just to see if you prefer that 3rd ! lol)

Thanks Taruga i have a inspiron 6400 whit Sigmatel 9200 works fine

mic and headphones please!!

You have mic and phones both working? Which Taruga release are you using? I have a 640m and tried the 1.11 release but couldn't get mic to work.

Also, what codec are you using? Thanks.

caught me sn8k, actually, the first one was on purpose, with the second, I had my original dump that was named very similar to yours. When I went to upload my dump, i uploaded ur instead. so yup, ur right. but do you know how to get a dump from a freespire live cd?

Tried 1.12 on sigmatel 9223 with Intel 945GNTLR. Only two ports are recognized: Internal speakers and Unknown. Sound comes out from Internal speakers. Thanks, Taruga! "Unknown" port doesn't work and hence no Microphone or Line-in.

Taruga, then i applyed patch 1.12, and restart the mac os x, ican hear click-clck(??? ??? ???? ?? ????????? ??????? ??? ????? ???????? ??? ?????? ????? ??????????? ? ???? ????????????? ? ?????, ?? ???? ??? ????? ?? ????????? ????) in my headphones, then mac os as started i can hear another click-click, and no sound ...

then i looking in dump i seeing the next strings ...

mute=1

i change to mute=0 , but nothing matter...

my card adi1986a in mainboard asus p5ld2-se

device & vendor id in dump is right...

??. ????? ??? ??? ???? ????????? ?? ????????? ??? ? ????? ???????. ???? ??????????.

Tried 1.12 on sigmatel 9223 with Intel 945GNTLR. Only two ports are recognized: Internal speakers and Unknown. Sound comes out from Internal speakers. Thanks, Taruga! "Unknown" port doesn't work and hence no Microphone or Line-in.

Will fix it, send me your codec dump to check it

Taruga, then i applyed patch 1.12, and restart the mac os x, ican hear click-clck(??? ??? ???? ?? ????????? ??????? ??? ????? ???????? ??? ?????? ????? ??????????? ? ???? ????????????? ? ?????, ?? ???? ??? ????? ?? ????????? ????) in my headphones, then mac os as started i can hear another click-click, and no sound ...

then i looking in dump i seeing the next strings ...

mute=1

i change to mute=0 , but nothing matter...

my card adi1986a in mainboard asus p5ld2-se

device & vendor id in dump is right...

??. ????? ??? ??? ???? ????????? ?? ????????? ??? ? ????? ???????. ???? ??????????.

Wait for v1.13 - It should work then.....

Hi Taruga,

I was finally able to get OSX (8.8.1, DaemonES kernel) to recognize my sigmatel2228 (Vendor/Device: 83847616) using your 1.12 version patcher and the attached dump. A couple of issues I noticed. System profiler doesn't show any items under the sound heading even though they do show up in sys prefs. Sounds plays great through the external speaker and headphones when they're plugged in. The external speaker will still play sound when the headphones are plugged in though! Finally, the microphone is recognized, but doesn't work.

Thanks so much for getting my sound working!

sigmatel2228.txt