AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

i wanna know if its possible to get the sound into the speaker and when i plug a headphone, have the sound in it without changing anything in the SystemConfiguration

sorry for my english ;(

hi yougi, for me the same thing, i believe that it does work like that!!!... do you have volume control????????????

any chances for any Conexant HD fixes anytime soon? No rush, I was just curious if maybe I should go and buy an iMic just yet. Ive tried everything with the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and cant get mine to work. Thanx to all involved for getting this AppleHDA.kext thing figured out though.

If you have a codec dump from linux, send it to me.

If changing my patcher to be able to start testing with Conexant too

quick question taruga, how do i do a linux dump of my conexant. Ive done a little in linux, but not much and I wouldnt call myself a noob to computers either. I just dont know how to do that, if you could explain it to me, then id be glad to send it to you.

quick question taruga, how do i do a linux dump of my conexant. Ive done a little in linux, but not much and I wouldnt call myself a noob to computers either. I just dont know how to do that, if you could explain it to me, then id be glad to send it to you.

Just download a livecd distro, Knoppix, for ex. http://www.knoppix.org/

After booting, goto console mode

cd /proc/asound/

There will be some folders, try to locate a file with the name codec#0 (it may be different)

and do for ex.

cat codec#0 > /tmp/mycodec.txt (this will put the dump in a file named mycodec.txt in /tmp directory)

Then email it, copy to pen disk, or whatever you want....

Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank Taruga for his amazing job. And trexplorer for the codec dump.

I have now a fully functional Mac OS X 10.4.8 on my Dell Inspiron 6400.

Wireless, Ethernet, video and now sound.

Even the system sounds work perfect.

Thank you very much! :-D

Alterrean

Hi Taruga,

There are no words to discribe how thankfool am I to you. Sigma tel 9225 works perfect, exept the internal mick, but the external is ok. Thank you Yougi for your help. You gave me the best present for my birthday

I will review that internal mic thing, everything is possible with Taruga :P

Hey guys, I make sound come true and get people busted too :P

Sunday, very late at night I was visiting a friend of mine that works as security near Carvoeiro (in the south of Portugal).

I was talking with him, when came an alert from the radio allerting him of suspected activity of maybe 2 persons.

After less than a minute we were driving to the place when thru the radio they told us they were stealing something.

Me (a civilian) and my friend arrived at the place and a car went off leaving 2 guys (which we didn´t know they were there).

Arrived another security, and we were looking with a flash light for something suspect... when one of us alert for the fact they were hidden in the bushes. One of them started running, I went after him but boy oh boy, we ran like hell for about 300 meters.

I felt very tired and him too, and he jumped over the fence and got away. We went back and I´ve found the other one at the bottom of the bushes, he didn´t react. He got busted. Two minutes after that the Police arrived, and later we were told by radio that the other one was near another security, he went out of gas (what a bad luck :P ). He only drove about one mile and got busted too.

And the other one that ran away, had the stupid idea of leaving the fields and got to the road and he got busted too by anothe police patrol.

Fortunately, there were no guns involved or I wouldn´t be able to finish my Patcher :D

If you ever get in a situation like this... don´t do what I did, it´s crazy .... You may ask why I did it, maybe I´m crazy too :P

Taruga THANK YOU!!!!.. i really appreciate what u did and DO!!!!...

i have now been able not to boot windows, only for games of course.

however, sound is working only from internal speaker, no sound from ext speaker ( line out )... in System pref sounds , its appear only internal speaker.

devilhood, yours is working with ext speaker?

any hints?

again, thk u so much!!!

regards,

EDIT: sorry , u are right.. here it goes..

i attached my dump, its a sigmatel 9200.

tnx again.

Sigmatel9200.txt

Edited by fullOut

Taruga THANK YOU!!!!.. i really appreciate what u did and DO!!!!...

i have now been able not to boot windows, only for games of course.

however, sound is working only from internal speaker, no sound from ext speaker ( line out )... in System pref sounds , its appear only internal speaker.

devilhood, yours is working with ext speaker?

any hints?

again, thk u so much!!!

regards,

Hey guys, when you report something like you did, it´s better that you write your codec id

My patcher has a big database of codecs, I receive lots of emails, pm´s and forum reports that it´s difficult to remember you all.

It helps if you start like this, for ex:

"Codec: 83847661

...comment...."

Thanx

when I am in the terminal using Knoppix and enter cd /proc/asound then ls - l I don't get anything mentioning codec#0. Any help? The sound does work with my Sigmatel 9250 in Knoppix v5.

when I am in the terminal using Knoppix and enter cd /proc/asound then ls - l I don't get anything mentioning codec#0. Any help? The sound does work with my Sigmatel 9250 in Knoppix v5.

Look inside the folders... maybe Intel folder or other name

Oh snap! I have audio now! It works with headphones too, but I'm not sure how to test out the mic. Anyway, what should I attach to my post, the codec dump or AppleHDA.kext for the other Sigmatel 9250 users?