AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Oh snap! I have audio now! It works with headphones too, but I'm not sure how to test out the mic. Anyway, what should I attach to my post, the codec dump or AppleHDA.kext for the other Sigmatel 9250 users?

Codec dump is enough, it´s always better to use your own codec dump, especially because of digital output and input that is checked and may not be in others linux codec dump, but at least basic Speaker output will work

Don´t post duplicate dumps, there are penty of them here to look for:

http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/

( it´s at the channel topic )

irc.macspeak.net

or

terrible.macspeak.net

#AppleHDA

Need a lil help. Which Linux distro has a Live CD that can detect the ALC883 that I have on my GA-965P-S3? I've tried dsl to get my own codec dump only to find out it doesn't do sound. Doh.

Will try the ones in the "collection", but my own dump should be better (I think).

AppleHDA patcher 1.12 locks me up, any feedback on it?

Need a lil help. Which Linux distro has a Live CD that can detect the ALC883 that I have on my GA-965P-S3? I've tried dsl to get my own codec dump only to find out it doesn't do sound. Doh.

Will try the ones in the "collection", but my own dump should be better (I think).

AppleHDA patcher 1.12 locks me up, any feedback on it?

knoppix works....

No feedback yet for v1.12, it was released minutes ago. Doesn´t lock with me ( 1st feedback :) )

Thanks for everything Taruga!

My info:

Sigmatec STAC9200 (83847690)

Use codec#0 from Ubuntu install

Using daemonES kernel

= Was getting kernel panic under semthex kernel. Switched to daemonES, worked first time.

= System Prefs -> Sounds -> Output shows "Internal Speakers" and I'm getting sound from internal speaker (YES!).

= System Prefs -> Sounds -> Input shows "Unknown" and I'm unable to use mic.

= Nothing shown in System Profiler under Audio (Built In)

Tested with Skype. Get great sound, just no mic, so I'm halfway home. Thanks for all of your efforts. Will post codec file if needed.

for codec 10ec0262 (Realtek ALC262)

...just wanted to add my codec to the pile, this chip is used on a lot of Vaio notebooks including my VGN-TXN15P. Right now (v 1.12) AppleHDA loads fine but there are not yet any inputs/outputs in sound control panel.

I do see this error under AppleHDAController:

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

...but my expertise runs out there. anyway, here's an ALC262 codec dump for anyone else who might need it.

ALC262_codec_dump.txt

Thanks for the info Taruga :)

Still wondering if I'm I supposed to drop back to the desktop or does the app force a reboot after patching? I tried with different patchers with the 3 ALC883 dumps available at the link, they all worked but didn't add an entry in profiler for Built-In Audio. I'm aiming for multichannel sound, the guide is helpful but too much to fathom. Gonna try knoppix and my own dump, then post back the results.

Thanks for the info Taruga :)

Still wondering if I'm I supposed to drop back to the desktop or does the app force a reboot after patching? I tried with different patchers with the 3 ALC883 dumps available at the link, they all worked but didn't add an entry in profiler for Built-In Audio. I'm aiming for multichannel sound, the guide is helpful but too much to fathom. Gonna try knoppix and my own dump, then post back the results.

"...they all worked but didn't add an entry in profiler for Built-In Audio...."

I have full sound support and doesn´t show any info like you n profiler... who cares ?!

Reporting in.. firstly, much thanks to Taruga for all the work! :)

I used Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 as a LiveCD and got the codec#0 dump for my DELL XPS M1210.. bios reported the audio chipset as Sigmatel 9220, but the codec (attached below) dump found Sigmatel STAC 9221 A1. I used the 1.11 Patcher, watched it carefully, and it did everything.. no errors were reported from the patcher.

Rebooted the system, but unfortunately, no sound from any of the jacks nor the speakers on the laptop :star_smile:. Going back to the old AppleHDA.kext file that previously worked brought back sound again (but only on the first output jack). Still no sound coming from the speakers on the laptop.

I'll give the 1.12 patcher a try later and report back.

sigmatel9221.txt

Happy Day of Victory!!!

SigmeTel 9227 works. (STAC9227 codec) I used the 1.12 patcher and a codec dump acquired from Ubuntu 6.10 Live, patched using mifki kernel, reboot and now have audio.

post-3609-1170742892_thumb.jpg

post-3609-1170742903_thumb.jpg

Back Mic: 6 23 18 14

Speaker : 13 2

This was all that was detected when I ran the patcher.

I can adjust volume, but when I go below 40% it becomes completely in-audible, almost like the actual 0% sound is at 41% on the meter.

But that will get fixed eventually I assume. I'm just happy for sound.

Here is my codec dump to be added to the repository: STAC9227_83847618.txt

So my Sony vaio SZ3 have sound now. :)

Thanks to Taruga.

I've a triple boot Windows/OSX/Linux.

I used v1.12 patcher and a codec dump acquired from Mandriva 2007.0 (core0)

Codec is stac7661.

- Microphone....Not tested.

- Headphones...Must be activated in System Pref/Sound/Output

SonyVaioSZ3XPcodec0.txt

Edited by pehy

I was about to get a knoppix live cd when a friend of mine popped by with a openSUSE LiveDVD, finally got my codec dump. I was under the impression that I was doing everything right when the dumps I tried had a different subsytem and revision id, and weren't properly applied. Sorry Taruga :P I now see that the app responds accordingly by displaying the name of the dump it was fed with.

Anyway, now that I have my dump, I want to make multichannel work. Is it possible with the ALC883? Aggregate Devices under Audio MIDI Setup only shows Line-Out, Line-In and Mic enabled, how did you get 4 (or more) output channels? Edit the dump?

post-77533-1170746753_thumb.png

My ultimate goal is 6 channels of discrete audio, if that's not possible maybe you can tell me now so I'd stop hoping? Or is it only by replacing my Audigy2 ZS with an M-Audio Revolution 7.1 will this be achieved? :rolleyes:

Oh and again, thanks for the v1.12 patcher! :D

ALC883 Codec Dump from GA-965P-S3 rev.1.0 (F8 BIOS):

codec2.card0.txt

Edited by Zulu.Walker

ALC861 still not supported

One more patcher! We should start paying the man!

Keep up the fantastic work.

(I've tried v1.12... the patch works smoothly, but still there are no input or output devices in System Preferences :thumbsup_anim:... pity)

jjduro

ive tried to dump AC97 ADI1985 soundmax but there is only /proc/asound/ac97#0 and it doesnt want to "cat" a directory

does it has something to do with the fact ADI1985 cannot be handle by AppleHDA?

so if i compile the codec97#0 to a dump it gives me another text form, without the same information as the one i had with my sigmatel 9225...

thanx!

Edited by cyclonefr

I have just dumped my AbitAT8's ALC882 codec (attached to this post) with the last patcher (1.2) audio work only in analog mode no spdif. The problem is if I change output option in audio config from analog to digital and after i change in analog the audio don't work again...

Very great job!!

ALC882.txt

Edited by kuntz

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 Taruga v1.12			

* Patching AppleHDA.kext to 0x11d41981				Done
* Checking AppleHDA for patch						Done
0001f2c4	cmpl	$0x11d41981,%eax
000203d0	cmpl	$0x11d41981,%eax
* Checking for SPDIF Out 							Not Detected
* Checking for SPDIF In							  Not Detected
* Creating AppleHDA configs
* Using the following nodes in pathmap

Speaker  : 5 17 3

* Copying new config to destination					Done

This one doesn't work yet, shows empty control panel, gives no sound, mute LED is always on

sorry, but v1.1x(1.10-1.12) doesn't work with ad1986a yet.

i`m use this dump http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/ADI/AD1986a.txt

patch show me this info

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 Taruga v1.12

* Patching AppleHDA.kext to 0x11d41986 Done

* Checking AppleHDA for patch Done

0001f2c4 cmpl $0x11d41986,%eax

000203d0 cmpl $0x11d41986,%eax

* Checking for SPDIF Out Detected

* Checking for SPDIF In Not Detected

* Creating AppleHDA configs

* Using the following nodes in pathmap

Speaker : 27 11 7 3