AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Taruga, My stupid mistake! Sorry about that! I did find the right Kernel, installed it and tried both the v1.12 & v1.13 patcher. I get the following error when trying to run it now.

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 Taruga v1.13

Codec : SigmaTel ID 7634

Vendor Id : 0x83847634

Subsystem Id : 0x107b0366

* Detected unsupported SigmaTel Codec

Exiting... :pirate2:

I will re-attach the export for my sound card to see if that is of any help. Thanks for all the hard work!

I think I have some problem with spaces in names, maybe on codec dump, folders, or something. Try to move both codec dump and AppleHDA Patcher to / (root) and try it again

Hello All. I have a trouble with Patcher: when I trying to use it, I get kernel panic.

I have laptop Dell Inspirion 6400 with Sigmatel 9200. I tryed to use versions of Patcher from 1.10 to 1.13, and many boot options, but it not work.

My kernel is:

uname -a

Darwin Roma-nout.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sat Dec 9 22:18:27 AZOT 2006; semthex:

nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

and Mac Os version 10.4.8.

Near attached my codec0 dump file.

Is my version of kernel incompatible with this Patcher?

codec0.txt

Hello All. I have a trouble with Patcher: when I trying to use it, I get kernel panic.

I have laptop Dell Inspirion 6400 with Sigmatel 9200. I tryed to use versions of Patcher from 1.10 to 1.13, and many boot options, but it not work.

My kernel is:

uname -a

Darwin Roma-nout.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sat Dec 9 22:18:27 AZOT 2006; semthex:

nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

and Mac Os version 10.4.8.

Near attached my codec0 dump file.

Is my version of kernel incompatible with this Patcher?

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH THESE PPL ARE DRIVIN' ME CRAZY!! :laser::):hammer:

Just read this fu.....ing thread!!!! 6 posts or so above... WAAAHHHHH

cYa ~Neo

Succes!!

Sound out with the Intel d975XBX2 Bad Axe 2

After reading the Happy day of Victory of NemesisSheep with the Sigmatel9227, i thought I'd try the Sigmatel 9274D, and yes we won the day.

I can report working:

• Internal Speakers
  • Digital Out

Showing up but not working (after initial testing)

• Internal microphone

Thank you Taruga for the excellent effort!

//i used Patcher 1.13, and got my codec dump (codec#2) with Ubuntu 6.10 Live CD.

//btw it's my first post, i hope it will help someone just the way this forum has helped me! thanx!

post-71414-1170945661_thumb.png

STAC9274D_83847621.txt

post-71414-1170945797_thumb.png

Well, in fact, it's any 8.8.1 kernel except certain Semthex versions :rolleyes:

joe-75s-computer-2:~ joe75$ uname -a

Darwin joe-75s-computer-2.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Tue Nov 14 22:03:31 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

and

Darwin joe-75s-computer-2.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Fri Nov 17 23:52:26 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

and

Darwin joe-75s-computer-2.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Mon Nov 27 18:58:11 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Thanx, now I know :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by joe75

I think I have some problem with spaces in names, maybe on codec dump, folders, or something. Try to move both codec dump and AppleHDA Patcher to / (root) and try it again

Taruga,

I played with this a bit more this morning and have both files in the root folder. I still get the same error using v1.13. I decided to try some other things.

I changed the Sigmatel ID 7634 line to read STAC7634 and then tried STAC9250, I get the same results of an unrecognized codec for both attempts.

I then tried all the above in previous versions of the patcher and get the same results there too. If you have any other suggestions, or things you'd like to try, just let me know. Thanks!!! :whistle:

Edited by bpopilek

Taruga,

I played with this a bit more this morning and have both files in the root folder. I still get the same error using v1.13. I decided to try some other things.

I changed the Sigmatel ID 7634 line to read STAC7634 and then tried STAC9250, I get the same results of an unrecognized codec for both attempts.

I then tried all the above in previous versions of the patcher and get the same results there too. If you have any other suggestions, or things you'd like to try, just let me know. Thanks!!! ;)

email me your codec dump, I´ll create a kext for you and send you back

Taruga, sorry to bother you with a silly problem, but....

I ran your patcher on the dump file for the sigmatel 9227 and it worked great on my Dell XPS 410 (i965chipset). The sound is wonderful.

Later last night I decided to do a CLEAN reinstall OS X 10.4.8 from the Newest JaS AMD INTEL SSe2 SSe3 dvd and all went well. It's running great, actually. My main problem is that on a CLEAN reinstall with none of the extra hardware support form the dvd installed I get a Grey Kernel Panic Need-to-Reboot screen when I try to use the HDA Patcher. Nothing else causes but I can get to to do it EVERY time I try and run the patcher as instructed. I am using the 1.13 release of said patcher.

Any suguestions or points of attention I need to pay? If i can post any information dumps or anything let me know so i can try and help out. This is most preplexing since it had worked brilliantly once before the reinstall.

Keep inmind this is a CLEAN reinstall form thenew DVD.

Also, thanks for the further work on the AppleHDA patcher, Taruga. I appreciate the hell out of it.

Taruga, sorry to bother you with a silly problem, but....

I ran your patcher on the dump file for the sigmatel 9227 and it worked great on my Dell XPS 410 (i965chipset). The sound is wonderful.

Later last night I decided to do a CLEAN reinstall OS X 10.4.8 from the Newest JaS AMD INTEL SSe2 SSe3 dvd and all went well. It's running great, actually. My main problem is that on a CLEAN reinstall with none of the extra hardware support form the dvd installed I get a Grey Kernel Panic Need-to-Reboot screen when I try to use the HDA Patcher. Nothing else causes but I can get to to do it EVERY time I try and run the patcher as instructed. I am using the 1.13 release of said patcher.

Any suguestions or points of attention I need to pay? If i can post any information dumps or anything let me know so i can try and help out. This is most preplexing since it had worked brilliantly once before the reinstall.

Keep inmind this is a CLEAN reinstall form thenew DVD.

Also, thanks for the further work on the AppleHDA patcher, Taruga. I appreciate the hell out of it.

This is the same problem I had, which was pointed out to me very quickly by everyone else, you need to update the Kernel to DaemonES 8.8.1. This will allow the patcher to work without the kernel panic. Just Google for the DaemonES Kernel. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much , i tried searching the forums but without luck.

I'll get up on it when I get home tonight and make it so.

thanks again, bpopilek.

With some very gracious help from Taruga, my Notebook now has sound! :rolleyes:

It is a Gateway MT6821 running the SigmaTel ID 7634 or 9250 chipset.

When viewing the audio properties in OSX I am getting the following to show up:

Output: Internal Speakers Port: DevShortNameSpkr

Input: Internal Microphone Port: Built-In

I tested further by using a pair of headphones and the audio indeed comes though them, and is cut off from the internal speakers.

Since I don't have a microphone handy I used the same headphones, in the mic jack, and was able to get the display bar to move up and down. I didn't try recording anything as I don't have any software installed in it yet.

Thanks again Taruga! You have been a big help, and I am grateful that there are people out there like you!

Edited by bpopilek

i'll try this when i get home and report back to you, taruga. anyone have experiences with the 680i onboard sound? it's supposedly "realtek hd audio"

EDIT: tried ALC882_AppleHDA_v0.4b and it DOES NOT work.

some observations:

-afaik, appleazalia.kext was never existent in /system/library/extensions/

-in sound>output, "no output device found" before and after installation

-in about this mac>more info...>audio (built in), "no built-in audio." before and after installation

any suggestions or direction would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT2: 2CH sound working with AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

Edited by ehh

I'm greatly sorry for my ignorance, but I honestly do not know how to install this.

I'm a fellow Inspiron 6400 user, so if anyone could help that'd be great.

I'm usually a good lurker, in being able to find out how to get things to work, but this has been a problem.

Tks Taruga! I managed to get sound on my ASUS P5LD2 with AD 1986 sound card with linux dump and your patch, but a can't modify output volume level. Except this, everything is working. Great work! :) It was the single way that works. But...is there any other things to do modifyng volume levels ?

Tks again!

Tks Taruga! I managed to get sound on my ASUS P5LD2 with AD 1986 sound card with linux dump and your patch, but a can't modify output volume level. Except this, everything is working. Great work! :) It was the single way that works. But...is there any other things to do modifyng volume levels ?

Tks again!

Not at the moment, it´s very limited but I intend to improve it. Maybe next version will work much better with you. This is a very complex codec

I'm greatly sorry for my ignorance, but I honestly do not know how to install this.

I'm a fellow Inspiron 6400 user, so if anyone could help that'd be great.

I'm usually a good lurker, in being able to find out how to get things to work, but this has been a problem.

What do you have for sound, realtek, sigmatel, other ?

Which model ?

Not at the moment, it´s very limited but I intend to improve it. Maybe next version will work much better with you. This is a very complex codec

What do you have for sound, raltek, sigmatel, other ?

Which model ?

Nevermind, I read through your first post again, and got it all sorted out.

Sound is now working! Thanks so much Taruga. I am so grateful, as a Sigmatel 9200 solution was bleak. You've made my day! :):star_smile:

This is interesting. Will this work for ALC662? Currently I am using the Azalia kext and I get 2 speaker sound. Just wondering If I could get a fully working sound card with this patch.

Thanks

Sorry, not yet !