AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Taruga, would there be a way of implementing Mono Mix/Sub Woofer volume controls for the STAC9200 at all? or is there a possible way of me controlling that volume through a different application?

Hey Taruga, can you confirm my previous question for me?

Cheerz,

Pawel.

Edited by devilhood

irc.macspeak.net

#kernel

Taruga, would there be a way of implementing Mono Mix/Sub Woofer volume controls for the STAC9200 at all? or is there a possible way of me controlling that volume through a different application?

Great work btw.

hi devilhood,

i Have also a delll e1705, do u have headphones with built-in spks working togheter?!.. mine only built-in spks work!!

thx..

Taruga, i will test .13 version later, add feedback to u.

cya

Taruga you are great man.

On my asus p5ld2 se i can enable sound with your patch 1.13 & standart dump from psycopat.

after restarting i run systempreferenses->sound & select line-out and i hear my iTunes music ))))

to all - select line out.

But :(

None Line-in

None Mic

None selected sound volume - only max volume

i have mifki/daemon kernel

i eshe - esli zdec ect ruskie - perevedite emu 4to zvuk nemnogo sret i kolbasit, hotia eto moget bit iz-za togo 4to on na maximume rabotaet, no vse ravno perevedite.

post-55589-1170870277_thumb.png

post-55589-1170870291_thumb.png

hi devilhood,

i Have also a delll e1705, do u have headphones with built-in spks working togheter?!.. mine only built-in spks work!!

thx..

Taruga, i will test .13 version later, add feedback to u.

cya

Headphones + speakers are working together, but headphones do not auto-mute the speakers for me.

I'm using the 1st STAC9200 dump on the site, as the id's were exactly the same as mine.

Hello, I am still trying to make heads or tails out of all of the information in this thread! :P

I just picked up a Gateway MT6821 notebook PC last week and have been trying to get it to dual boot with Vista and OSx86. I have both OSes installed and working, but of course I do not have sound or wifi inside OSx.

The noetbook has the 945GM chipset and in Vista the audio is just listed as Intel HDA. I installed JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3 with the SigmaTel option checked, but still no audio. I will attach the dump files I just made from booting into Knoppix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If I can get the sound working, I'll just replace the wifi card with a known working one. This was a much cheaper option with more features than paying full price for a MacBook! Thanks in advance!

sigmatel.txt

sigmatel_2.txt

Taruga you are great man.

On my asus p5ld2 se i can enable sound with your patch 1.13 & standart dump from psycopat.

after restarting i run systempreferenses->sound & select line-out and i hear my iTunes music ))))

to all - select line out.

But :tomato:

None Line-in

None Mic

None selected sound volume - only max volume

i have mifki/daemon kernel

i eshe - esli zdec ect ruskie - perevedite emu 4to zvuk nemnogo sret i kolbasit, hotia eto moget bit iz-za togo 4to on na maximume rabotaet, no vse ravno perevedite.

Finally it works !!! But needs a lot of work on the input part and other things too.

So, 2 AD1986a users reported success so far. That´s good, now I will try to fix the rest of it

Taruga,

with appleHDA sound on hight tone like a {censored} (sorry :whistle: ) :P:whistle::unsure:

but with azaliaaudio he works fine and nicely... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

this is bug or this is real work appleHDA ???

i`m wait next version. :pirate2:

Hi out there.

Well, i studied the image attached, which is the description of the AD1981HD nodes and i conclude the followings:

There are two possible pathmaps:

6 Headphones/LineOut

3 Out

or

6 Headphones/LineOut

14 Mixer

17 Selector

3 Out

The problem is i don't know how to lay out the pathmap. I first tested with the first configuration, that means leaving only node 6 and 3 without any further info but it didn't work.

I don't know how to layout the other pathmap.

Best regards

Juanpepe

post-68023-1170883750_thumb.gif

ad1981hd.txt

Hi, Taruga and everybody!

I appreciate your efforts to solve sound issue of HD audio.

I have a question about behavior of AppleHDAPatcher.

Would someone tell me what changes are made by AppleHDAPatcher on the system?

I know that it results in

• Replacement of the original AppleHDA.kext by the modified AppleHDAPatcher

• Insalllation of ALCinject.kext

Are other changes made? Please show me.

Best regards

Hi out there. Well, i studied the image attached, which is the description of the AD1981HD nodes

In the docs of the Linux source code, I find

patches.drivers/alsa-ad1981hd-all-hp-laptops: Use model "hp" for
 all HP laptops with AD1981HD.
- patches.drivers/alsa-ad1981hd-thinkpad-x60: Add Thinkpad
 X60/T60/Z60 support.

This probably means that HP and Thinkpad versions of the AD1981HD need to be dealt with separately, and here is the corresponding source. http://www.kernelhq.cc/diff-diff.py?v1=247239&v2=253876 It has quite a couple of lines that deal with the HP mute button (apparently the EAPD bit controls the mute button).

Edited by probono

Hi, Taruga and everybody!

I appreciate your efforts to solve sound issue of HD audio.

I have a question about behavior of AppleHDAPatcher.

Would someone tell me what changes are made by AppleHDAPatcher on the system?

I know that it results in

• Replacement of the original AppleHDA.kext by the modified AppleHDAPatcher

• Insalllation of ALCinject.kext

Are other changes made? Please show me.

Best regards

Changes made by the Patcher on system are:

1 - Deletes AppleAzallia.kext (if found)

2 - Copy/Replaces AppleHDA.kext by the 4.8 original one

3 - Identifies what codec you´re using and patches AppleHDA binary

4 - Copy/Replaces ALCinject.kext (newer AppleHDA.kext's need an layout-id registered, this allows AppleHDA.kext to load)

5 - Creates from scratch Info.plist's for AppleHDA and AppleHDAController.kext according to your codec

6 - Deletes Extensions cache and repairs permissions

For my laptop (Toshiba Portege M400), I had to set the BIOS to "Configuration: Device Config. = All Devices" instead of "Setup by OS"

Thanks!

I get 2 channel audio out of the speakers. I didn't check any of the other functionality yet.

I updated my kernel so I'd be able to run these new installers; I had everything working except for multichannel audio on my P5W DH's built-in AL882 Audio with the original 0.4 AL882 patch.

I had the new 1.09 patcher version, but with that one I lost all my inputs and the keyboard control. So I tried the 1.13 patcher and got the line ins back, except now I can't select SPDIF output as default (don't know if I could select them with 1.09 as I didn't check) and I still didn't recover the keyboard control.

Multichannel is still not available in any version of the patcher I've tried. I'd like to return to the 0.4 setup, but can I now just run that having used the new installers?

Thanks for this really involved enterprise, Taruga! I'd be content at this point recovering the audio setup as it was with 0.4... though I'm open for testing :unsure:

BTW: I was using someone else's linux dump for the identical on-board audio. Maybe I should make my own...

I updated my kernel so I'd be able to run these new installers; I had everything working except for multichannel audio on my P5W DH's built-in AL882 Audio with the original 0.4 AL882 patch.

I had the new 1.09 patcher version, but with that one I lost all my inputs and the keyboard control. So I tried the 1.13 patcher and got the line ins back, except now I can't select SPDIF output as default (don't know if I could select them with 1.09 as I didn't check) and I still didn't recover the keyboard control.

Multichannel is still not available in any version of the patcher I've tried. I'd like to return to the 0.4 setup, but can I now just run that having used the new installers?

Thanks for this really involved enterprise, Taruga! I'd be content at this point recovering the audio setup as it was with 0.4... though I'm open for testing :unsure:

BTW: I was using someone else's linux dump for the identical on-board audio. Maybe I should make my own...

The old 0.4 was tested and it´s only for alc882, AppleHDA Patcher is a much more difficult and 'young' solution (because I want it to work for all of you and not only for alc882) that I want to be as complete or more than 0.4 was for alc882.

As you all can imagine, it´s not an easy task. I made 0.4 for myself and my friends with compatible pc´s to test it.

Now I´m working like a blind man.... but results keeps comming out, so ... I´m happy.

p.s. - You can apply the old one or whatever you want. It should work fine

Taruga, I just tried the v1.13 patcher with my sigmatel text export and I immediately get a kernel panic. Any suggestions? Thanks!

ok, one more time.... change or update kernel (I need a FAQ for this issue, but I think no one will read it...) .

Some semthex kernel versions causes that problem

Taruga, My stupid mistake! Sorry about that! I did find the right Kernel, installed it and tried both the v1.12 & v1.13 patcher. I get the following error when trying to run it now.

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 Taruga v1.13

Codec : SigmaTel ID 7634

Vendor Id : 0x83847634

Subsystem Id : 0x107b0366

* Detected unsupported SigmaTel Codec

Exiting... :pirate2:

I will re-attach the export for my sound card to see if that is of any help. Thanks for all the hard work!

sigmatel.txt

Edited by bpopilek