AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

I don't mean to be rude but did you even read this thread before you decided to post? This has been covered at least five times by now. In fact, if you look at the last 5 pages, you'll probably see that this question has been answered (again and again) on all of them.

Maybe it's just MY pet peeve but I don't understand why people can't read the thread they're posting in.

I did, and the only thing I saw regarding installation errors is something regarding a kernel by DaemonES or something similar to that. I do not understand what I am supposed to do with it, or if it applies to my situation

I did, and the only thing I saw regarding installation errors is something regarding a kernel by DaemonES or something similar to that. I do not understand what I am supposed to do with it, or if it applies to my situation

You are getting a "kernel panic." Each of these posts from the last few pages are from people with the same experience:

I re-posted somebody else's instructions on how to change your kernel in post 1080, so start there and see if that helps.

Good luck.

You are getting a "kernel panic." Each of these posts from the last few pages are from people with the same experience:

I re-posted somebody else's instructions on how to change your kernel in post 1080, so start there and see if that helps.

Good luck.

Thank you sooo much, I do not think I would have figured out that was a kernel panic otherwise

It is working great now.

Thank you Taruga !!!!

I am listen to Pink Floyd around now ... ! Animals and Dark side of the moon!!!!

Man , i love you ! (i´m not {censored} yeah ! ok ?)

please, work on headphone and mic to STAC9200 Sigmatel 9200 sound card.

My setup: Dell Latitude 120L - Mac OS X 10.4.8 Kernel 8.8.1 - Sigmatel 9200

Thank you so much to your hard work !

Meu, da uma olhada no headphone e microphone do Sigmatel9200.

O que eu posso fazer para te ajudar?

Abraços,

best regards,

Glauber Lobo

Edited by Glauber Lobo

I have searched around.

Is there any support for the Bad Axe 2 mobo sound. Sigmatel STAC9247d ?

I tried searching but couldnt find anything for this one specifically.

look at post 1161

Thank you Taruga !!!!

I am listen to Pink Floyd around now ... ! Animals and Dark side of the moon!!!!

Man , i love you ! (i´m not {censored} yeah ! ok ?)

My setup: Dell Latitude 120L - Mac OS X 10.4.8 Kernel 8.8.1 - Sigmatel 9200

Thank you so much to your hard work !

Meu, da uma olhada no headphone e microphone do Sigmatel9200.

O que eu posso fazer para te ajudar?

Abraços,

best regards,

Glauber Lobo

eh eh eh, gostei da entrada.... :unsure:

Proxima versão vai sair com programação dos codecs, logo, penso que vai resolver o problema dos inputs com parte do pessoal.

O problema é que esse e outros codecs da sigmatel, têm nodes que podem ser input ou output e mesmo dentro do mesmo modelo de codec, certo fabricantes, dizem que o node xx é mic e outros dizem que não é nada ou é outra coisa qualquer. Na proxima versão do meu AppleHDA Patcher quem vai mandar no que é o quê sou eu ! :unsure:

E em principio tudo vai bater certo para todos... espero !

Quando aos headphones, o problema tá mais complicado. É que esse codec tem apenas um dac que é partilhado pelo Speaker e Heaphones, ainda não achei maneira de "separar" os dois. Mais com tempo tudo se resolve.

Um abraço, (hey.... tb não sou {censored}) :P

look at post 1161

Thanks, yeah that is for the Sigmatel STAC9274d but in my manual it says mine is Sigmatel STAC9247d. I downloaded teh codec dump anyway and was going to try it but i keep getting what i think is kernal panic and it resets with any of your HDApatcher's. I have the lates 8.8.1 kernal. I just installed the Jas 10.8.4 intel/amd sse2 sse3 with ppf1. Can you point me in the right direction to updating the kernal so it doesnt crash? I downloaded the http://bluespot.ro/mirror/xnu-1048-semthex_2_.zip but it gave me a folder i dont know how to use.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by StayingOccupied

Anyone get mute or sound effects working ... this method or other ... ?

Finally got sound effects working ... turned out that one of the preference files in my home folder was messing things up. Deleted a bunch of suspicious preference files and it now Works ...

Thanks again to Taruga for making this work !!!

Thanks, yeah that is for the Sigmatel STAC9274d but in my manual it says mine is Sigmatel STAC9247d. I downloaded teh codec dump anyway and was going to try it but i keep getting what i think is kernal panic and it resets with any of your HDApatcher's. I have the lates 8.8.1 kernal. I just installed the Jas 10.8.4 intel/amd sse2 sse3 with ppf1. Can you point me in the right direction to updating the kernal so it doesnt crash? I downloaded the http://bluespot.ro/mirror/xnu-1048-semthex_2_.zip but it gave me a folder i dont know how to use.

Any help is appreciated.

Look for DaemonES' kernel

Hi Taruga

I appreciate you for your effort for HD audio.

In http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/, I can not find a dump of ALC260.

Accordingly, I attach the dump of ALC260 here. I am happy if you include a code for it to HDAPatcher when you have time.

Thank you again.

Best Regards

ALC260.txt

Edited by a-yama

Argh! I use the patcher, with this file: http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/realtek/ALC660.txt

Everything looks good... i reboot ... no kernel panic ... first blue screen comes, and then a black screen and ... nothing

I cant do anything more! :(

Is there a solution to rescue my osX, or should i re-install it from the begin?

Please HELPPPPP ME!

Argh! I use the patcher, with this file: http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/realtek/ALC660.txt

Everything looks good... i reboot ... no kernel panic ... first blue screen comes, and then a black screen and ... nothing

I cant do anything more! :idea:

Is there a solution to rescue my osX, or should i re-install it from the begin?

Please HELPPPPP ME!

Boot from osx dvd, go to /System/Library/Extensions and delete AppleHDA.kext

Look for my earlier post where I (and at least one other person) reported success getting the mic to work on my STAC9200 by changing the node ID in the Info.plist file of AppleHDA.kext to match what's in the codec file.

Good luck.

Hi Taruga. Just a question for understanding, NOT for complaint or rushing at all: I am getting the message "* Detected unsupported Conexant Codec - Exiting... :)" and am wondering what is so different or difficult about our Conexant codecs, compared to the other sound cards' codecs.

Thanks,

Bugs

Is the external speaker still not being disabled when headphones are plugged into the Sigmatel 9200 on Dell machines?

Thanks for the amazing work on this, BTW. I never thought I'd see the day I had sound on my E1505. Well well done. THANK YOU.

Hi, Taruga,

Thanks for your work but your patcher 1.1 - 1.14 do not work on my computer, they cannot read the codec. Only 1.08 - 1.09 can run on my notebook but still no sound for my STAC9200. I have updated to DaemonES' kernel, what else I can do?

Hi Taruga!

I like your new feature:

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 Taruga v1.14b

Codec : Realtek ALC880

Vendor Id : 0x10ec0880

Subsystem Id : 0x0

* Detected unsupported Realtek Codec

Exiting... ^_^

At least i know i dont have to reboot to see that i dont have sound yet. :star_smile:

Just let us know when you get to us realtek 880/860 users.

Thanks again!

Just a Little Tutorial on how to Un-Install AppleHDA.Kext Through Single User Mode: (No Install Disk Needed)

At the Darwin Boot Promt enter thisto enter Single User Mode:

-v -s (press Enter)

Now to Check and mount your disk for editing:

/sbin/fsck -fy (press Enter)
  /sbin/mount -uw / (press Enter)

Now Enter your Extensions Folder:

cd /System/Library/Extensions/ (press Enter)

Now to delete the Offending .Kexts:

rm -rf AppleHDA.kext (press Enter)
  rm -rf ALCInject.kext (press Enter)

Now to Reboot:

reboot (press Enter)

hope that helps out for some :lol:

Patcher 1.14 feedback - Doesn't work with ALC660/861

AppleHDA Patcher v1.14 * new *

Hi Taruga,

This one doesn't do the trick for my ALC861, also... :)

Bye,

jjduro

Hi, Taruga,

Thanks for your work but your patcher 1.1 - 1.14 do not work on my computer, they cannot read the codec. Only 1.08 - 1.09 can run on my notebook but still no sound for my STAC9200. I have updated to DaemonES' kernel, what else I can do?

Show me the result (of AppleHDA Patcher) when you drag the codec dump into it , to understand what´s happening with you