INFOTHREAD "Nebukadnezar" (AMD+INTEL 10.4.8 Kernel)

semthex

466 posts in this topic

Ah ok, a sucessful switch to "real" hardware, nice ;)

Hmm i am paralyzed a bit, will setup a new DEV box tomorrow but the hardware damage hit me hard. Another box will be rebuild as Nebu Dev system, so dev can go on again. I want to finish the SSE2 now.

If anyone wants to support me with getting Dev 1 back working or in general, feel free to donate some bucks, it helps the development very much. New hardware for Dev 1 will be abig investment, if turns out CPU is really borked. :(:)

Is SSE2 support still in development?

I'm up to 10.48 on a Intel SSE2 based PC with the 8.4.1 Kernel. Is there a newer one?

-----------

Darwin administrators-computer.local 8.4.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.4.1: Tue Jan 3 18:23:53 PST 2006; root:xnu-792.7.90.obj~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Thanks for the reply semthex!

One question ...

I recently upgraded from 10.4.7 to 10.4.8 via the JAS Intel only SSE2 upgrade. After the upgrade & reboot, the OS logs in but I am faced with the spinning rainbow wheel. It never goes away and I cannot use the system.

When booting safe however, the machine responds correctly and does not have the same error.

I installed nothing else other than the SSE2 update and I've done this before on the same machine without the same issue.

Any ideas?

Sold! My notebook sold for $1399.99 and I will be buying a 15" Macbook Pro for $1300!!! Now the real fun begins! I will still be sure to check up on these forums. Great to know all of you! Semthex, JaS, Mifki, I will miss you all!!!!

hello

I have a problem with all kernel newer than that included in JAS 10.4.8 SS3 reseed (semthex).

When I update the kernel with live-update script or downloading it manually (and after set permissions)

my computer won't boot anymore, it restarts continuosly and I have to start with "F8/mach_kernel.old" trick.

I tried with latest.zip kernel and with kernel on IRC #kernel

My computer specs are:

Asrock 775Dual VSTA

Core 2 Duo E6300

1Gb RAM DDR400

Nvidia 6800 GT

Is there a method to know why it restarts?

Because also if I start with new kernel with -x -v options I can't see nothing because it restart immediately.

Thanks in advance

nessant

Hey Semthex. Just a quick note to express appreciation for your talent, dedication and tenacity.

Running beta-5 on:

DualCore E6600

ASROCK Conroe945G-DVI

4GB Kingston PC5300 RAM

500GB SATA WD, 320GB SATA WD, 160GB WD

Plextor PX-755 SATA DVD/RW

Plextor ATA CDRW x 2

Onboard LAN

Onboard Graphics

700W Thermaltake PS

Zalman Passive Water Cooling

* Paulicat SMBIOS for "About This Mac"

Everything is solid and stable with the basics dualcore, 4 SATA drives and all the rest (no problems) . Haven't had time to push it with any advanced Apps yet as I just finished updating last night. Started with JaS 10.4.8 reseed (full) from Prasys

Again, My thanks for your excellent work!

hi all.

I've just used PRASYS tool (script command) to update Semthex Kernel and got this:

Machine Name:	Mac
 Machine Model:	ACPI
 Processor Speed:	3.74 GHz
 Number Of Processors:	1
 Total Number Of Cores:	1
 Memory:	2 GB
 Bus Speed:	1.07 GHz
 Serial Number:	Number
 Sales Order Number:	tem Serial Number
 L2 Cache:	2 MB

As I got a Pentium D, how can I enable the second CPU?

I've tried cpus=2 on comnand line after F8 but no luck.

Have I missed something?

What a SHAME!!! :angel:

Will try and send feedback.

EDIT>

Just tested and didn't work. After the F8 I entered:

cpu=2 -v and got the same cpu=1 core=1 at System Profiler.

<EDIT

Is there any place that OSX puts a log of the boot? Because, just at the beggining there is a message of 2 parts of the CPU/CORES disabled, that may help!

Thanks.

Hi semthex!!

My system profiler shows me this:

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: Mac

Machine Model: ACPI

CPU Type: Mobile AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3400+

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 800 MHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SSE3

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 400 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 1.06C (American Megatrends Inc.)

CPU and Bus SPEED both are wrong.

What can i do to change it, and make my hacintosh work faster??