AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

Sorry misread the post. Still though is AppleTyMCEDriver removed? It can cause the opcode error. Also NVDAStartUp can cause it.

Can I test your kernel to see if my graphics work if you say it's fine.

Is for Ryzen too?

It works,! Thank you Bronya, my Ryzen 7 1700 is now working in High Sierra! Sweet!

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, you da man!

It was hard to get past black screen I first tried RX 480, then Nvidia GT210 (I have same issue as Shaneee), then my trusty old R7 265/ R9 270x. Very cool, next to get things working and then try the vega 64.

• Like 1

This is great. I have a Vega 64. Did you need to do anything special to get working with the GPU?

I used lilukext and whatevergreen. I’ll post my EFI folder but you will have to add serial number, uuid, MLB to config.plist.

1).   Add SN, UUID, and MLB to config.plist.   

2).   Run Clover 4020 or most recent on Ryzen disk then replace the config.plist.

3).  Replace the Clover Kext folder 10.13 with mine.

4).  I made a dsdt and placed it in Clover ACPI folder in patched as shown in photo.    Either test with it or remove it.

5).  Check your Clover Drivers64EFi folder and or replace with mine.

6).  Remove screenshot form my EFI folder if you end up using it.   If you use the whole folder you will need to add Themes folder to clover.

Good Luck, and keep trying!     

P.S.  if the kexts don't work in the cover kext folder try putting the lily and whatever green kexts in System/Library/extensions folder and run Kext Wizzard or repair permissions and rebuild caches.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

I used lilukext and whatevergreen. I’ll post my EFI folder but you will have to add serial number, uuid, MLB to config.plist.

2).   Run Clover 4020 or most recent on Ryzen disk then replace the config.plist.

4).  I made a dsdt and placed it in Clover ACPI folder in patched as shown in photo.    Either test with it or remove it.

6).  Remove screenshot form my EFI folder if you end up using it.   If you use the whole folder you will need to add Themes folder to clover.

P.S.  if the kexts don't work in the cover kext folder try putting the lily and whatever green kexts in System/Library/extensions folder and run Kext Wizzard or repair permissions and rebuild caches.

Thank you sir! I'll be working on this tomorrow night or Friday.

Try kernel for HS 10.13 . 

attachicon.gifkernel_HS_ryzen_10.13.zip

Heres my boot log generated from Clover Configurator.  bootlog.log.txt.zip

Some graphics issues but kernel seems very stable otherwise.    No crashes, Geekbench CPU is 4150 single core and 21500 for multi core.    OpenGl graphics crashing in Uningine Benchmarks, but it might be a wifi issue?     My Atheros wifi card didn't register, but it works in Sierra and works in High Sierra with Intel pentium.   I'm using my Broadcom 4360 card now no major problems.    I don't have working audio with the Vega card I will try HDA fixes ( works on intel).     

My nvidia gpu older than yours,it wonk work using the nvda driver found on high sierra i roll back to nvda driver found on 10.12.6,restart voila!my 8500gt works

Thnx bronya,it works on my a10

Hmm I'll try that after work.

• Like 1

Try kernel for HS 10.13 . 

attachicon.gifkernel_HS_ryzen_10.13.zip

Thanks for this excellent kernel which worked in bot FX-6300 and Ryzen 1700X hackintosh at 10.13GM(17A365).

The only one bug is unable to wake-up from sleep (blank screen) which means either Lilu/WhateverGreen not working or kernel need some modification for this issue.

Attached below shown desktop in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh.

[Edit]

I found the blank screen on wake up from S3 sleep issue can be fixed by loaded Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen.kext in /System/Library/Extensions instead of in EFI/Clover/kexts/other and OC to 3.6GHz in FX-6300 hackintosh & 3.8 GHz in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh.

post-70188-0-97404000-1507186780_thumb.png

post-70188-0-70779800-1507186789_thumb.png

I think Lilu/WhateverGreen.kexts should be in /EFI/Clover/kexts/other, otherwise my hackintosh can not boot to desktop with working Sleep & Wake up function for AMD GPUs such as 5770, 6870, and R9 290X, etc.

I think Lilu/WhateverGreen.kexts should be in /EFI/Clover/kexts/other, otherwise my hackintosh can not boot to desktop with working Sleep & Wake up function for AMD GPUs such as 5770, 6870, and R9 290X, etc.

I fixed my Audio somewhat and it fixed my openGl crash in Uningine.   I used Toledas HDMI130 patch.    

I have same sleep issue, black screen and my fans are spinning fast.

post-1753549-0-15243000-1507190996_thumb.png

Guys I have successfully Booted to the High Sierra 10.13 USB installer .

This is what I did :

- Restored the 10.13 High Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg file to USB Pendrive.
- Copied the below files to USB from "High Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport" : 

• AppleDiagnostics.chunklist
  • BaseSystem.chunklist
  • BaseSystem.dmg
  • AppleDiagnostics.dmg
  • InstallInfo.plist

- Copied the real Packages folder from InstallESD.dmg to USB/System/Installation/ 
- Deleted the following kexts from the USB/System/Extensions

• AppleTyMCEDriver.kext
  • AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • pmtelemetry.kext

- Copied the Bronya kernel file to USB/System/Kernels 
- Replaced the prelinkedkernel and immutablekernel files in USB/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/  with the ones present in my Installed High Sierra system. ( NOTE: It can boot without immutable kernel too but still placed it   :P )

- Installed Clover to USB and added my config.plist , FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, USB Fix kexts .

AND IT BOOTED WITHOUT ANY ISSUES.

But the only problem is now is that , it is showing an error at the welcome screen (see below) :

2ONZnjmySR2gEhzSeakTsg.jpg

NOTE:

•  kextcache -u /USB  (doesn't work . The prilinkedkernel file will be generated but it will give kernel panic, so use the prelinkedkernel file from your booted/Installed HS system).
  • with default prelinkedkernel file from BaseSystem.dmg also gives kernel panic.

IQhKbYoERMOYLPxr3cnoYA.jpg

• I also tried the Packages/OSInstall.mpkg  file from 10.12.6 InstallESD.dmg but still it gets stuck at the above screen.
  • Like 1