AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. Think I replaced something else as well lol I'm just going to install the 10.12.6 update again...

On another note still can't get GPU to work on HS :( Tried Sierra, El Cap and even Yosemite NV kexts for a last ditched attempt with no success :(

And again Boot failed. Error loading kernel cache

Maybe i have to wait for Transmac Version AMD-OSX_V_6 or something.

I dont know whats wrong with this.

I had a few KPs in the beginning, I just kept trying, with and without verbose mode. Have you tried single user or safe mode?

Whatever i do its always kernel cache error. I tryed all testet different drives, different versions of clover, plist from others, etc.

do i have to use a ssd for it? do i have to format it to apfs or something? 

i dont know - normaly it should be easy.

install on hdd, insert kernel und kext, use kext utility, install clover, edit plist with some infos and the kext in 10.13. finished. but nope. nothing 

The Bootoptions which worked for me at 10.12.6 are:

-v

slide=0

npci=0x3000

nv_disable=1

keepsyms=1

debug=0x100

EHCIacquire=Yes

USBLegacyOff=Yes

-radoff

and Bios from Mac Pro 5.1 

i just wanted to say thank you to bronya (dude, you rock!), shanee and gigamaxx.

after the whole day of try and error and reading alot here i got my high sierra to work.

shutdown sometimes doesnt work, but i guess i can live with that. performance of my gtx 770 is slighty worse compared to sierra, but iam only using this machine for music production.

thx again and a small question... i can only get rid of the recovery partition from installer,right? or is there any other (easy) way to do it? iam quite a mac noob ;)

regards

• Like 2

Whatever i do its always kernel cache error. I tryed all testet different drives, different versions of clover, plist from others, etc.

install on hdd, insert kernel und kext, use kext utility, install clover, edit plist with some infos and the kext in 10.13. finished. but nope. nothing

-v

slide=0

npci=0x3000

nv_disable=1

keepsyms=1

debug=0x100

EHCIacquire=Yes

USBLegacyOff=Yes

-radoff

Try it again,clover bootloader?install clover bootloader on efi partition and put all the necessary kexts on other folder,then copy the efi folder on root partition,then use kextwizard to rebuild cache,u shud create an installer on hdd

-v

slide=0

npci=0x3000

nv_disable=1

keepsyms=1

debug=0x100

EHCIacquire=Yes

USBLegacyOff=Yes

-radoff

I’ll send you a dsdt it is for r7 1700, but RX 64. Put it in Clover ACPI folder in patched.

i just wanted to say thank you to bronya (dude, you rock!), shanee and gigamaxx.

after the whole day of try and error and reading alot here i got my high sierra to work.

shutdown sometimes doesnt work, but i guess i can live with that. performance of my gtx 770 is slighty worse compared to sierra, but iam only using this machine for music production.

thx again and a small question... i can only get rid of the recovery partition from installer,right? or is there any other (easy) way to do it? iam quite a mac noob ;)

regards

Top tool bar “Go” scroll to “Utilites”, then to “Disk Utility”. Post a screenshot (shift+Windows key+3). Show your us your partitions.

Do you see two High Sierra icons in clover? The recovery partition can be ihandy if you want fo fully disable SIP. Or use disk utility to repair a disk so it can boot. It gives you Disk Utility and terminal access when your main drive won’t boot.

I’ll send you a dsdt it is for r7 1700, but RX 64. Put it in Clover ACPI folder in patched.

Top tool bar “Go” scroll to “Utilites”, then to “Disk Utility”. Post a screenshot (shift+Windows key+3). Show your us your partitions.

Do you see two High Sierra icons in clover? The recovery partition can be ihandy if you want fo fully disable SIP. Or use disk utility to repair a disk so it can boot. It gives you Disk Utility and terminal access when your main drive won’t boot.

yah i got the point. iam gonna keep it i guess. thx for trying to help... atleast i learned how to make a screenshot ;)

• Like 1

yah i got the point. iam gonna keep it i guess. thx for trying to help... atleast i learned how to make a screenshot ;)

I'm sorry if it sounded bad but if you can accept it in your clover screen it can save your butt from time to time.   I have about 10 disks that it test with and I do format them with no recovery at times but I'm not worried about saving data.   When you create your clover build the last window in "customize" the RCscrpits options make the partition.   just don't select these when loading to avoid a recovery partition.  

I'm sorry if it sounded bad but if you can accept it in your clover screen it can save your butt from time to time.   I have about 10 disks that it test with and I do format them with no recovery at times but I'm not worried about saving data.   When you create your clover build the last window in "customize" the RCscrpits options make the partition.   just don't select these when loading to avoid a recovery partition.  

nono, it didnt sound bad. in fact it does make sense. i didnt know about the rcscripts and will keep this in mind.

just one last question. does it make a difference if i install the needed kext with kext wizard or is it okay to just inject them with clover? i mean it works like it should and i only wonder why people ever really install kexts. some will get lost anyway due to updates, right?

oh, and i was honest about the screenshot thing. i didnt mean to be rude or something ;)

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Think I replaced something else as well lol I'm just going to install the 10.12.6 update again...

On another note still can't get GPU to work on HS :( Tried Sierra, El Cap and even Yosemite NV kexts for a last ditched attempt with no success :(

According to my testing of High Sierra in FX-6300 & Ryzen 1700X hackintoshs at 10.13GM(17A365), only very few AMD GPUs are compatible:

Asus or MSI 5770, 6870, and 7950 are working now !

The others such as Nvidia GT-730 & GTX-680 which worked perfectly in my Intel hackintosh was not compatible at all.

I had wasted a lot of time and energy trying to make it work, but all in vain !

Just for your reference because your previous kernels for FX-6300 hackintosh are my favorite too.

Edited by jsl
  • Like 2

nono, it didnt sound bad. in fact it does make sense. i didnt know about the rcscripts and will keep this in mind.

just one last question. does it make a difference if i install the needed kext with kext wizard or is it okay to just inject them with clover? i mean it works like it should and i only wonder why people ever really install kexts. some will get lost anyway due to updates, right?

oh, and i was honest about the screenshot thing. i didnt mean to be rude or something ;)

Yes, the kexts being placed in S/L/Extensions can get replaced but this usually happens to modified graphics kexts AMD4000kext, etc...   Many of the kexts lke FakeSMCkext, lilu and green will remain after updates.    Apple doesn't remove and replace them.    Sometimes its a lot easier to put them there for booting especially FakeSMCKext.   Clover doesn't always inject correctly and many times you need those kexts.

I installed the system.kext and the kernel in system/libary/kernels 

i deleted the system/libary/prelinkedkernel folder and than rebuild cache and so on.. 

or what do you mean? @shaneee

OK use this prelinked kernel.    click on it to unzip it before placing in S/L/Prelinked Kernels.

Put the kexts from Clover kext folder 10.13 in S/L/Extensions and run Kext tool.    This is where you put the System Kext earlier.

Prelinked.zip

DSDT.aml .zip

• Like 1

Yeah :(

Ryzen High Sierra GT210

This worked for me, Clover 4020, Inject Nvidia, Nvidia no EFI. First try after changing cards. I knew they added these for a reason.

.post-1753549-0-68768600-1507257427_thumb.jpeg

That’s Uningine Valley basic at 4fps, we’re rockin!

post-1753549-0-70370700-1507257319_thumb.png

@Gigamaxx Did you use Pandora to make your installer?

I have not made an installer I cheated.

I used a disk from a previous intel Hackintosh build.    Its much easier, if you have a working Mac or Hack with HS installed just use Carbon Copy Cloner or other to make a copy of HS using a USB to sata adapter or with Hack sata connection.   Once you have a fresh copy just add kernel and System kext and run Kext repair tool, I used kext wizard.    Add clover to EFi and test it.    

You can also load it from the Downloaded app to a fresh disk and if you catch it at the 3rd? restart and unplug the usb or interrupt the restart the disk will be ready for the initial instal and build configuration.   This gives you whatever System ID that you want instead of an initial MacBook def at the base of its origin.   Either way its easier to use a ready made copy of HS form an intel setup.

I will test it thank you Giga! 

What should i do with the Iimmutablekernel? 

UPDATE: I added your last prelinked kernel

now it stops at ACPI Error AE Not Found DSDT table load failed / Namespace lookup failure 

UPDATE2: I added your DSDT file to patched - but now its stops at FakeSMCKeyStore: started 

UPDATE3: I deleted all the new kext from Extations - now it stops at ACPI Error 1 table load failure 

UPDATE4: I begin from new with your prelinked kernel and kernel etc efi etc. now it comes to apple loading bar

(in verbose it runs like hell text in seconds but at 50% it restart.) 

UPDATE5: at 50% the system tries to rebuild prelinked kernel - after restart i got a kernel cache error again.. wtf? after restart it goes again to boot and apple loading bar.. will see now whats the problem is.. but i'm better then yesterday 

UPDATE6: it says something about cant rebuild prelinked kernel, etc etc 

Failed to generate prelinked kernel.

error 107 rebuilding /s/l/Pre/prelinkedkernel 

dev/disk0s2 on (hfs,local, journald)

bash: /etc/rc.sever: no such file or directory 

early boot