AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

If they are installed it's NVIDIAWebDrv=Yes

Got 10.13 installed using USB but still my GT430 won't work :( Can only boot in safe mode currently.

I still cant get it to boot. "Yet". Im trying to boot off of a cloned SSD drive using a usb dock lol. That may be whats slowing the process down lol

I still cant get it to boot. "Yet". Im trying to boot off of a cloned SSD drive using a usb dock lol. That may be whats slowing the process down lol

Still with Enoch? Clover will show the OPEMU error close to the end of boot. You can fix by using the El Capitan NVDAStartup.kext I had to do this on Sierra. Not sure if it'll work with WebDrivers though.

I'm installing the 10.13.1 DP to see if that helps my issue :D

@Bronya can you compile with your modifications please. The makeinc.def file needs different modifications. I can share mine if needed.

• Like 2

Still with Enoch? Clover will show the OPEMU error close to the end of boot. You can fix by using the El Capitan NVDAStartup.kext I had to do this on Sierra. Not sure if it'll work with WebDrivers though.

@Bronya can you compile with your modifications please. The makeinc.def file needs different modifications. I can share mine if needed.

Have you tried lilukext and nvidiagraphicsfixupkext?

• Like 2

Ok i finally got it to boot. Its pretty laggy at the moment and nvidia manager crashed. But its booted. 

Ok so im booting with enoch. I can only boot in safe mode "-x". Also nvda web drivers dont seem to be loading. But all in all it runs pretty smooth. 

post-1420666-0-30485200-1506882262_thumb.png

Ok finally got it all working. Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp in E/E. Dumped AppleTYMce and Pmtelemetry in S/L/E. Using latest USB sierra fix and AppleAHCIPort.kext in S/L/E. Added Shaneees kernel and all works fine now :) Nvidia web are loading normally. Smooth so far. :) Many Thanks

post-1420666-0-96420700-1506883368_thumb.png

Extra.zip

• Like 5

Not needed on my system but I've tried already.

10.13.1 didn't help either so building a new kernel :)

Congrats tikizondo94 :)

So i got it working with clover finally. Boots quickly all is running smooth as can be. I keep getting "couldnt find symbol" errors when rebuilding caches. Can we use your 10.12.6 system.kext with your latest 10.13 Kernel?

post-1420666-0-58275300-1506905974_thumb.png

post-1420666-0-95855600-1506905983_thumb.png

• Like 1

Heres my Terminal output Shaneee from running Duran Keely's command set., let me know if I can provide anything more.   If you know how to correct the Header error let me know.

just use cp to copy os/thread_self_restrict.h to that BUILD.hdrs/dst/usr/local/include/os .

Here you go guys. I'm still having issues with the graphics but it might not be the kernel. No Ryzen support added I'm afraid. 

I new Ryzen/Ryzentosh user. I/we waiting to Ryzen High Sierra kernel :). Sorry my English very bad and limited. Thanks for all insanelymac family :).

So i got it working with clover finally. Boots quickly all is running smooth as can be. I keep getting "couldnt find symbol" errors when rebuilding caches. Can we use your 10.12.6 system.kext with your latest 10.13 Kernel?

you installed high Sierra through bootable usb or did you use a cloned copy of High Sierra from intel pc ?

• Like 1

Didn't complete on my system. 10.12.6 with Xcode 9. My build script has the libdispatch already complied and just installs to the relevant place.

2017-09-30 11:00:46.580 xcodebuild[21465:46871]  DVTAssertions: Warning in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEXcode3ProjectSupport/IDEXcode3ProjectSupport-13203/Xcode3Core/LegacyProjects/Frameworks/DevToolsCore/DevToolsCore/BuildSystem/Runtime/PBXTargetBuildContext.mm:757
Details:  unexpected successful exit code from cancelled command <C0009:'PBXCp tsd.h':P6>
Object:   <PBXTargetBuildContext: 0x7ff0904a60f0>
Method:   -createCommandInvocationRecordFromInvocation:
Thread:   <NSThread: 0x7ff09079d670>{number = 14, name = (null)}
Please file a bug at http://bugreport.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.
** INSTALL HEADERS FAILED **

Heres my Terminal output Shaneee from running Duran Keely's command set., let me know if I can provide anything more.   If you know how to correct the Header error let me know.

There was a problem with versions but ignore the header msg, you want the firehose file that it builds :) Sorry I just installed High Sierra on my MacBook now & xcode to test.

Anyway, there were a few sloppy coding in the previous builder, this will take you right to the end and build it now.

builder.png

xnu-builder-4570.1.46.zip

• Like 2

I should also mention guys. I was able to install with the USB method. I just restored a 10.12 installer to USB then replaced System/Library/Installation/Packages with that from the 10.13 InstallESD.dmg,  and replaced the BaseSystem.dmg, AppleDiagnostics and the two chunklist files to the root of the USB. These files are hidden on the USB so just use Terminal to remove them.

• Like 4

I should also mention guys. I was able to install with the USB method. I just restored a 10.12 installer to USB then replaced System/Library/Installation/Packages with that from the 10.13 InstallESD.dmg,  and replaced the BaseSystem.dmg, AppleDiagnostics and the two chunklist files to the root of the USB. These files are hidden on the USB so just use Terminal to remove them.

greatt ! Shaneee

and what bootloader did u use ? 

Use the Sierra one. It's effectively just the Sierra installer but with the 10.13 install files.

Also for anyone who wants it here's the System kext. Remember permissions on it must be fixed.

ok then ! i am putting your HS kernel and the system.kext in the PostInstall folder of the USB , so that it will install the system.kext and fix it permissions too. 

And do I need the usb fix too ?