AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

you installed high Sierra through bootable usb or did you use a cloned copy of High Sierra from intel pc ?

I cloned my Intel Hack and replaced all kexts/kernel. I havent been able to get an installer to work yet. Im still working on it. It looks like Shaneee is making WAY better progress than i am lol.. 

• Like 1

Fresh install.

Think I may need a new GPU to run this :( ohh well guess I'm sticking to 10.12 till I win the lottery...

Installed High Sierra 10.13 using the bootable usb 

Installed your kernel and system.kext in the PostInstall folder and added the new RepairPermissions by firewolf

and then added this line in the post.sh script before prelinkedkernel update command.

/Volumes/$VOLUMES/SierraAMD/PostInstall/Files/rp /Volumes/$VOLUMES/ 

and the strange thing is my GPU worked OOB (without using inject Nvidia and Nvidia Web drivers) and i don't know why :D

-Sound is working (voodooHDA.kext)

-Ethernet is working (RealtekRTL8111.kext)

-USB ports are detected (Shaneee's USB Fix)

1cUxQmK4R2COur7hrqahEA.png

• Like 2

I should also mention guys. I was able to install with the USB method. I just restored a 10.12 installer to USB then replaced System/Library/Installation/Packages with that from the 10.13 InstallESD.dmg,  and replaced the BaseSystem.dmg, AppleDiagnostics and the two chunklist files to the root of the USB. These files are hidden on the USB so just use Terminal to remove them.

I will try this trick

• Like 1

Installed High Sierra 10.13 using the bootable usb

Installed your kernel and system.kext in the PostInstall folder and added the new RepairPermissions by firewolf

and then added this line in the post.sh script before prelinkedkernel update command.

/Volumes/$VOLUMES/SierraAMD/PostInstall/Files/rp /Volumes/$VOLUMES/

and the strange thing is my GPU worked OOB (without using inject Nvidia and Nvidia Web drivers) and i don't know why :D

-Sound is working (voodooHDA.kext)

-Ethernet is working (RealtekRTL8111.kext)

-USB ports are detected (Shaneee's USB Fix)

1cUxQmK4R2COur7hrqahEA.png

Congrats :) I just get no signal without GE=Yes or InjectNvidia.

Need to install fresh again I've messed with it too much :P

Congrats :) I just get no signal without GE=Yes or InjectNvidia.

Need to install fresh again I've messed with it too much :P

May be you should try clover .

Btw i am now re-installing 10.13 to test APFS

i removed FF and FFM entries from the clover config and also added the APFS.efi file to Clover’s driver64UEFI folder .

• Like 1

May be you should try clover .

Btw i am now re-installing 10.13 to test APFS

i removed FF and FFM entries from the clover config and also added the APFS.efi file to Clover’s driver64UEFI folder .

I'll try Clover again then. I've got the APFS efi file already. Can you share the config.plist you used please.

Edit: Clover doesn't fix it. With InjectNvidia on, stuck at IOConsoleUsers again. With InjectNvidia off no signal then reboot.

Edit 2: Web drivers is the same result. InjectNvidia off and Web Drivers enabled... IOConsoleUsers. System only boots to desktop in safe mode :(

shanee u could try Shiki/NvidiaGraphicFixup Combo + Webdrivers  Inject  maybe gets u anywhere or its the AppleTyMCEDriver messing with ya, depending off course in what smbios was used , but as far as i rem Nvidia fixed the ECC Ram Problem with the Webdriver ...not sure but maybe helps somehow.

shanee u could try Shiki/NvidiaGraphicFixup Combo + Webdrivers  Inject  maybe gets u anywhere or its the AppleTyMCEDriver messing with ya, depending off course in what smbios was used , but as far as i rem Nvidia fixed the ECC Ram Problem with the Webdriver ...not sure but maybe helps somehow.

Yeah tried Lilu and a mix match of the extensions for it. AppleTyMCEDriver is blacklisted by my kernel so won't load but I've also tried with it removed. Also tried many different SMBios versions with no success.

Yeah tried Lilu and a mix match of the extensions for it. AppleTyMCEDriver is blacklisted by my kernel so won't load but I've also tried with it removed. Also tried many different SMBios versions with no success.

In Prelinked Kernel folder did you try removing the "immutable kernel"?    I know for High Sierra SIP disable is no longer just 0x67 like Sierra is for clover.    Ox01FF?

In Prelinked Kernel folder did you try removing the "immutable kernel"?    I know for High Sierra SIP disable is no longer just 0x67 like Sierra is for clover.    Ox01FF?

Yeah I've tried with the immutable kernel present and deleted. Didn't know the SIP flag had. Changed I'll try that later.

I should also mention guys. I was able to install with the USB method. I just restored a 10.12 installer to USB then replaced System/Library/Installation/Packages with that from the 10.13 InstallESD.dmg,  and replaced the BaseSystem.dmg, AppleDiagnostics and the two chunklist files to the root of the USB. These files are hidden on the USB so just use Terminal to remove them.

ZYgtf7z.png

thnx shanee this trick works on my a6 7400k  with gigabyte board

• Like 3

Are you restoring 10.12 using the createinstallmedia method? Or Pandora USB installer method?

I should also mention guys. I was able to install with the USB method. I just restored a 10.12 installer to USB then replaced System/Library/Installation/Packages with that from the 10.13 InstallESD.dmg, and replaced the BaseSystem.dmg, AppleDiagnostics and the two chunklist files to the root of the USB. These files are hidden on the USB so just use Terminal to remove them.

I'll try Clover again then. I've got the APFS efi file already. Can you share the config.plist you used please.

Edit: Clover doesn't fix it. With InjectNvidia on, stuck at IOConsoleUsers again. With InjectNvidia off no signal then reboot.

Edit 2: Web drivers is the same result. InjectNvidia off and Web Drivers enabled... IOConsoleUsers. System only boots to desktop in safe mode :(

Sorry for the delay , 

here is my Clover folder. I have included the latest kexts in the Clover/kexts/others folder.

http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/TulM5Abp/file.html

you can try setting your account to automatic login when in safe mode.

and then try to boot to HS hdd .

And btw on the HS kernel  , shutdown doesn't work properly as there is a delay in shutdown .

also there is a problem with the sleep / wake . when you put your Mac to sleep and then try to wake it up , the Mac suddenly restarts .

And is it normal to have High Sierra in the apple store even if you are on 10.13 :D

cwayOvN2RKqUtpxXahg6xA.png

BENCHMARK:

UI is pretty smooth on 10.13, compared to 10.12.6 .

E9Hn8fYvS0uEVkwZKH6X5w.pngvWXy-M54RCGuAPT7LLs8GA.png

1WYEqq4DTzeN0HN9XMFjWg.png

UPDATE :

1. APFS doesn't work.

as we are using the 10.12.6 installer to install 10.13 , so there is no option to format hdd to APFS when in the OSX installer and so the conversion doesn't take place..

and I also tried to make a APFS partition when inside 10.13 os , but when I tried to install 10.13 on that APFS partition , it failed.

2. nv_disable=1 doesnt work for me.

I tried to boot to os with nv_disable=1 and it always get stuck here:

0dqK2v8rQFKrauYwCSxNsg.jpg

and I still don't know why my gpu is working without using the Inject Nvidia or  Nvidia web driver.   :angel:

Sorry for the delay , 

here is my Clover folder. I have included the latest kexts in the Clover/kexts/others folder.

http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/TulM5Abp/file.html

you can try setting your account to automatic login when in safe mode.

and then try to boot to HS hdd .

And btw on the HS kernel  , shutdown doesn't work properly as there is a delay in shutdown .

also there is a problem with the sleep / wake . when you put your Mac to sleep and then try to wake it up , the Mac suddenly restarts .

And is it normal to have High Sierra in the apple store even if you are on 10.13 :D

Thanks but Clover folder doesn't help me :(

Strange when I'm in safe boot shutdown, restart and even sleep works with no issues...

Also it's normal for it to show in the App Store ;)

Guest ricoc90

1. APFS doesn't work.

as we are using the 10.12.6 installer to install 10.13 , so there is no option to format hdd to APFS when in the OSX installer and so the conversion doesn't take place..

and I also tried to make a APFS partition when inside 10.13 os , but when I tried to install 10.13 on that APFS partition , it failed.

If you're able to boot into your Recovery HD, you can convert your HFS+ installation to APFS from there

diskutil ap convert /dev/diskxsx

If you're able to boot into your Recovery HD, you can convert your HFS+ installation to APFS from there

diskutil ap convert /dev/diskxsx

Thanks will try this !

Thanks but Clover folder doesn't help me :(

Strange when I'm in safe boot shutdown, restart and even sleep works with no issues...

Also it's normal for it to show in the App Store ;)

btw the Nvidia web driver won't install until SIP is enabled in config.plist ( CsrActiveConfig = 0x0 )

once installed then the SIP can be re-disabled again .

aJk6lvjUQbu2dkS9iOGTmw.pngIljgA8VRR0ueNeB3w5sBTQ.png

because of that reason nvidia web drivers were failing to properly install on 10.13.

and if you hit continue , you will be stuck at the IOConsoleUsers error loop .

But now the main issue is i cannot enable SIP through config.plist because if I do,  the system won't even boot. (can't even get past the clover aptiofixdrv loading screen )

And the reason why I am trying to install nvidia web driver is because of the glitch issue . which shows up sometimes

and the only way to fix it is to reboot.

- This glitch issue is fixed in the nvidia web drivers for HS .

LbuVM6QtSgaOH-dYHzFtoQ.png

Hi all,

Fantastic news on High Sierra - I have recently rebuilt my pc with a new motherboard ram etc.

I booted into my Sierra USB without a hitch! Going to work on getting a High Sierra install now (I guess once Ryzen is supported)

I have a few questions for those who have already got this up and running, is the nVidia performance better than in Sierra?

Also - I purchased a rather expensive gaming sound card, which is working out of the box :o.

ASUS Strix Raid DLX is the sound card, it uses a USB interface over PCIE which is why I think it's working out of the box.

It's about the same. Nvidia drivers are actually a little more buggy than Sierra. My benchmarks have pretty much remained the same. All in all its alright.

Hi all,

Fantastic news on High Sierra - I have recently rebuilt my pc with a new motherboard ram etc.

I booted into my Sierra USB without a hitch! Going to work on getting a High Sierra install now (I guess once Ryzen is supported)

I have a few questions for those who have already got this up and running, is the nVidia performance better than in Sierra?

Also - I purchased a rather expensive gaming sound card, which is working out of the box :o.

ASUS Strix Raid DLX is the sound card, it uses a USB interface over PCIE which is why I think it's working out of the box.

There was a problem with versions but ignore the header msg, you want the firehose file that it builds :) Sorry I just installed High Sierra on my MacBook now & xcode to test.

Anyway, there were a few sloppy coding in the previous builder, this will take you right to the end and build it now.

attachicon.gifbuilder.png

Can you guys check this out if you have time?   

Kernel test photos 2.zip