AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

Shaneee, thank you for helping me.

But i already did that. With Kext Wizzard and with Kext Wizzard and Rebuild After. 

Both didnt change the system... :( 

Maybe i doing something wrong? What do you mean with rebuild the prelinkedkernel? I normaly delete all the files in that folder and than running kext wizzard.

Kext Wizard won't do it right. It hasn't been updated in a while. Are you connecting the drive externally? If so drag the volume onto the Kext Utility app icon and let it run. That should fix it.

Did u get the same error at 10.13 osx installer welcome screen . ?

Pic i posted few posts back !

Did u get the same error at 10.13 osx installer welcome screen . ?

Pic i posted few posts back !

Yeah no matter what I tried. Then I tried with the Sierra installer with the files from the 10.13 install like I mentioned and it worked. 

Okay !

Btw do you know how can i download the 10.13.1 update ?

Now that's a tricky one. I managed to extract the files for the update and install with Pacifist. Library/Updates is where the pkg goes I think.

Kext Utility running since 30 min ... do you know why it needs so long?

hmmm try kcpm utility pro to fix permissions os the mac drive

And it will also update the caches and prelinkedkernel

And the best part is that it supports 10.13 high sierra

Now that's a tricky one. I managed to extract the files for the update and install with Pacifist. Library/Updates is where the pkg goes I think.

Ok i got the packages extracted now should i replace the files directly ?

Its default with boost to 3,5ghz

AHCI enabledXHCI enabled

both yes

the other options i dont find (have) on my motherboard

A-XMP i have but no XMP

Wibdows 10 Support is disabled

XMP should be in ram memory settings.

Poke around in CPU settings for CFG Lock, my z97-170 MSI boards have it. For Asus they have CSM disable option if you see that try it.

When making a cloned copy I will usually do all available updates, and then reboot the target disk using real Mac and hold option key and r key at boot. It goes to recovery screen. Top tool bar has utilities select terminal and type without “” marks “csrutil disable” then reboot. Make edits to the target disk, add clover and run kext wizzard or equivalent then instal in Ryzen System.

Can someone upload the GeForce.kext from 10.12.6 please. I installed a different one to the wrong drive... woops :P

@XCiLNZ Can you show the output of this on 10.13 please,

kextstat | egrep "NVDA|IOAccelerator"

I made a new copy installed HS on it..

than follow your guide you wrote before your last ..

but this time with an other clover version..

its now says: This Version of MacOSX is not supportet by the system 

CPU Settings availbe:

SMT:

Core C6 State 

Opache Controle

IOMMU

Spread Spectrum

Relaxed EDC Throttling

AMD Cool and Quit

SVM Mode

I made a new copy installed HS on it..

than follow your guide you wrote before your last ..

but this time with an other clover version..

its now says: This Version of MacOSX is not supportet by the system 

Just need to change the SMBios. You can also boot with the flag -no_compat_check

When i use that bootflag its instant restart.

I never got the 10.12.6 Guide from Gigamaxx running too. 

The only i got running was the TransMacVersion - i think there are some bootflags or kernels, which are needed by the motherboard or system.. 

Can someone upload the GeForce.kext from 10.12.6 please. I installed a different one to the wrong drive... woops :P

@XCiLNZ Can you show the output of this on 10.13 please,

Last login: Thu Oct  5 13:35:16 on console

MBP-di-Claudio:~ corsairpro$ kextstat | egrep "NVDA|IOAccelerator"

109    2 0xffffff7f823a3000 0x62c000   0x62c000   com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb (10.2.5) 189DEB4F-BCED-3D50-B302-E8B2EC0AC6CD <107 105 91 12 7 5 4 3 1>

110    0 0xffffff7f829cf000 0x198000   0x198000   com.nvidia.web.NVDAGP100HalWeb (10.2.5) 34BC61B6-A723-3FA1-8F3E-1413676E9A31 <109 12 4 3>

112    1 0xffffff7f82b80000 0x96000    0x96000    com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2 (373) AC1A34E9-9E45-3D8E-BE76-C420370D2852 <111 91 33 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

MBP-di-Claudio:~ corsairpro$ 

@Pascal users

Sadly there is no magic with 10.13, yes OS animation are smoother but frame rates on graphical apps as games are like Cr'p :/

Check out this sad bench below:

34ngnm8.png

• Like 1

Thanks for posting your 10.13 kernel @bronya - My system runs very smooth on my 1800x/Crosshair VI Hero (Clover r4233). Only things i noticed so far is: Graphics corruption on displayport (but not DVI) after waking the displays and neither my USB Bluetooth or Webcam are working (Webcam mic is detected though). Graphics performance is roughly the same as in 10.12 (2x GTX780 6Gb). 

I upgraded from 10.12.6 via USB enclosure and a Intel laptop, added the 10.13 Kernel files and ran Firewolf's utility to fix permissions and rebuild caches. 

@XCiLNZ Can you show the output of this on 10.13 please,

Sorry ! I cant do it

Coz i deleted all my mac osx partitions and re installing now :D