Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

How do you enable or disable sip? Sorry for the noob questions

Off-Topic:

In the config.plist under the Rt Variables if you set the CsrActiveConfig=0x0 it will enable the SIP and if you set it to 0x67 it will disable it. Just remember you need to use OsxAptioFixDrv2 or OsxAptioFixDrv3 (Drv3 is better) otherwise you'll end up with "Load Kernel Error"

• Like 1

Good god! This 156 driver for 10.13.3 is pathetic. The UI is stuttering like crazy. It's not smooth.

Example, 

Click on the Launchpad button and it lags for 1-2 seconds and directly opens without any animation. Next time onwards, it shows opening animation. Scrolling in Safari is choppy. Overall the animations are giving a feel of our Hackintosh running slower like 10 year old computer (or like iOS 11)

• Like 2

Good god! This 156 driver for 10.13.3 is pathetic. The UI is stuttering like crazy. It's not smooth.

Example, 

Click on the Launchpad button and it lags for 1-2 seconds and directly opens without any animation. Next time onwards, it shows opening animation. Scrolling in Safari is choppy. Overall the animations are giving a feel of our Hackintosh running slower like 10 year old computer (or like iOS 11)

Can you post a screenshot of your desktop?  Do you have a translucent Dock, or is it opaque?  This sounds like a classic case of an unaccelerated desktop due to Library Validation issues (i.e. the Window Server isn't loading the driver because it hasn't been validated correctly).

Have you changed the SMBIOS details to iMacPro? because 157 is for iMacPro and 156 is for iMac nonPro :D

yes but you can also use it with previous OSX version (not iMac pro patching it with correct osx release)

I am using iMac Pro Smbios for one big reason

no need to patch policy or using nvidiagraficfix kext on my rig :)

Edited by Guest

Can you post a screenshot of your desktop?  Do you have a translucent Dock, or is it opaque?  This sounds like a classic case of an unaccelerated desktop due to Library Validation issues (i.e. the Window Server isn't loading the driver because it hasn't been validated correctly).

the problem is somewhere else. My Dock is translucent - there is no acceleration problem. It's just so laggy.

It can be problem of some Clover setting cause some people have no problem at all. 

• Like 2

yes but you can also use it with previous OSX version (not iMac pro patching it with correct osx release)

I am using iMac Pro Smbios for one big reason

no need to patch policy or using nvidiagraficfix kext on my rig :)

Does this mean that we can use the iMacPro SMBIOS without using the deviceID patch, nvidiagraphicsfixup and NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext?

:)

I am saying it from sometimes ago but no one is listening :-)

If you use those kext to rename gfx you can avoid them using only ImacPro1.1 Smbios

:)

I am saying it from sometimes ago but no one is listening :-)

If you use those kext to rename gfx you can avoid them using only ImacPro1.1 Smbios

Oh, I must have missed that :)

I'm gonna give it a try but only one question: How is it going to affect the CPU power management and the speed stepping?

@cyberdevs

In my case no differences at all wit previously MacPro6.1 i have used

Other good thing in my case was i have frequency vector injected without launching pikeralpha fv script to avoid famigerate message x86platformplugin failed to send stepper

@cyberdevs

In my case no differences at all wit previously MacPro6.1 i have used

Other good thing in my case was i have frequency vector injected without launching pikeralpha fv script to avoid famigerate message x86platformplugin failed to send stepper

Just to clarify: We just need to choose the iMacPro SMBIOS and remove nVidiaGraphicsFixUp (I don't use this kext anyway) and/or NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext and/or the following patch:

com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy

find: ba050000 00

Replace: ba000000 00

Comment: Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696

and we'll be set?

Sorry for idiot proofing the concept I just want to make sure I get this right.

@cyberdevs

No questions are idiots

It depends from which version you are in

With old 10.13.2/3 no imac pro edition you have to add in platformsupport.plist new imacpro motherboard data

I have never used patch you say in previous message

Usually i used agpdfix or manual patching to gfx to none or a dsdt patch to rename gfx0 to gfx1

You can also try in good imacpro 1.1 condition to use two config.plist and use clover feature to choose one or other

@cyberdevs

No questions are idiots

It depends from which version you are in

With old 10.13.2/3 no imac pro edition you have to add in platformsupport.plist new imacpro motherboard data

I have never used patch you say in previous message

Usually i used agpdfix or manual patching to gfx to none or a dsdt patch to rename gfx0 to gfx1

You can also try in good imacpro 1.1 condition to use two config.plist and use clover feature to choose one or other

Thanks for the reply.

I will give it a shot as soon as I can and I'll let you know how it worked out. ;)

I've got a curiosity. :)

People for which driver .156/.157 works perfectly (no lag/stuttering etc), did you guys make a clean installation of the said driver? Or update from .104? I'm trying to find a pattern here. Cause it can't be a coincidence.

Also, are you using default/unpatched/untouched/unedited/unhacked/virgin/original/official/pure/vanilla ice cream Nvidia driver, or are you using a modded version?

• Like 1

People for which driver .156/.157 works perfectly (no lag/stuttering etc), did you guys make a clean installation of the said driver? Or update from .104? I'm trying to find a pattern here. Cause it can't be a coincidence.

Also, are you using default/unpatched/untouched/unedited/unhacked/virgin/original/official/pure/vanilla ice cream Nvidia driver, or are you using a modded version?

For me its work with Mod Divers and default/unpatched/untouched/unedited/unhacked/virgin/original/official/pure/vanilla ice cream Nvidia driver  :lol:  :P 

• Like 1

No graphics lags here at all. Update from 104 to 156. No patches used on NV kexts all default. Only AGDP fix for MacPro6,1

• Like 1

Here's what I have:

• No clean install, just updated right from the Mac App Store (as usual)

• No uninstall/reinstall of webdrivers… ever!

• Core i5 4570 3,20 GHz (Haswell)

• EVGA Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 Go (Maxwell)

• iMac14,2 SMBios (up to date regarding Bios version, FeatureMask, etc.)

• Patched NVDARequiredOS > 17E in info.plist of NVDAStartupWeb.kext so I can use it on 10.12.4 beta 1 (17E139j) and up

• No AGDPfix, Clover patch, DSDT patch

• Tried 104, 106, 156 & 157 webdrivers

All works flawlessly :) : no lags, apps OK, etc.

Only thing that's not right is that I lost HDMI audio in 10.13.4…

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply.

I will give it a shot as soon as I can and I'll let you know how it worked out. ;)

Let me know how you go with the iMacPro smbios if your using it with the gaming 5 and what you did.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk