Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

Really? You think so? And lots of people report that's not working)) it's something fishy right here with this driver. In my case, MacPro 6.1 os x 10.13.3 GTX 960 loop and not reaching login screen, and that's work SIP full enabled (in 10.13.2 acting just well)

Yes I think Working as usual for me 10.13.3 and 10.13.4

same thing like 10.13.2, I not see any difference

I know this is strange working great for some people and not for other

just upgraded from Yosemite... and with the 387.10.10.10.25.156 version I have glitches after a while (10.13.3 - 17D47) with my gtx 660, hope they fix this

just upgraded from Yosemite... and with the 387.10.10.10.25.156 version I have glitches after a while (10.13.3 - 17D47) with my gtx 660, hope they fix this

There is no solution at the moment for the GTX660 against artifacts on the High Sierra.

The Drivers works perfect

maybe your hardware not or some Clover setup  ?

See lots people report working great included me. so I think Nvidia doing great job 

It's so easy to determine what's what dear chris1111, I don't thinks it's my hardware or my setup because:

1. I have the same hardware as before. (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.104)

2. I use the same EFI folder as I did before (10.13.2)

3. With one version of macOS (10.13.2) everything works ok and web driver is working flawlessly (104)

4. After updating the macOS to 10.13.3 and the web driver to 156 all hell breaks loose

5. I'm not the only one whom is experiencing this crappy performance.

• Like 6

I am also experiencing much worse performance than the previous drivers (and even they weren't great).

It's a shame because a Pascal card should be a powerhouse, but it's barely functional. My display won't even wake from sleep when the OS turns it off now.

• Like 1

I am also experiencing much worse performance than the previous drivers (and even they weren't great).

It's a shame because a Pascal card should be a powerhouse, but it's barely functional. My display won't even wake from sleep when the OS turns it off now.

Yep  :( you're right and yes the Pascal Architecture is really something else , I thinks nVidia rushed the last release and neglected to do some serious testing of the new web driver.

post-1011040-0-76345300-1516950120_thumb.png

Enable SIP then install web driver

CsrActiveConfig to 0x00

After install

CsrActiveConfig to 0x67

Enable SIP then install web driver

CsrActiveConfig to 0x00

After install

CsrActiveConfig to 0x67

Tried it, but it didn't help. In fact I couldn't even boot into the OS and had to remove the kexts in single-user mode and reinstall, clear caches and rebuild to get the OS to even load again

Tried it, but it didn't help. In fact I couldn't even boot into the OS and had to remove the kexts in single-user mode and reinstall, clear caches and rebuild to get the OS to even load again

SIP could be fully enabled using OsxAptioFix3Drv otherwise you'll get the Kernel Load Error.

I have SIP fully enabled with OsxAptioFix3Drv and I installed macOS and booted successfully into macOS and everything is working fine.

SIP could be fully enabled using OsxAptioFix3Drv otherwise you'll get the Kernel Load Error.

I have SIP fully enabled with OsxAptioFix3Drv and I installed macOS and booted successfully into macOS and everything is working fine.

I'm able to boot in properly again now. Does it make a difference if I'm using AptioMemoryFix?

Edit: Ok, switched to OsxAptioFix3Drv and fully enabled SIP. Am able to boot into the OS with Nvidia drivers enabled.

However, performance is still abysmal, so I don't know if SIP matters or not.

• Like 1

I'm able to boot in properly again now. Does it make a difference if I'm using AptioMemoryFix?

Edit: Ok, switched to OsxAptioFix3Drv and fully enabled SIP. Am able to boot into the OS with Nvidia drivers enabled.

I don't think having SIP enabled has an effect on the performance, because I been having SIP enabled for a while now and with the previous web driver I had no issues like we have right now.

.156 on fresh install working without problems..performance is aprox. 5% down, but other problem, the processor type disappeared before it was "Retina 5k iMac middle 2017", now it's just the "iMac" ... why?

It's so easy to determine what's what dear chris1111, I don't thinks it's my hardware or my setup because:

1. I have the same hardware as before. (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.104)

2. I use the same EFI folder as I did before (10.13.2)

3. With one version of macOS (10.13.2) everything works ok and web driver is working flawlessly (104)

4. After updating the macOS to 10.13.3 and the web driver to 156 all hell break loose

5. I'm not the only one whom is experiencing this crappy performance.

exactly, same story

• Like 1

Comment   Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696
Find            BA050000 00
Name         com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
Replace     BA000000 00 

SIP enabled /disabled

#update AptioMemoryFix.efi

drivers64UEFI

X99-worked-GTX970

Enable SIP CsrActiveConfig to 0x00  then restart install web driver WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.156.pkg

After install

CsrActiveConfig to 0x67

Remove

• NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext
  • NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

drivers64UEFI.zip

I'm not sure if you use AptioMemoryFix it will make a difference I never use it.

But I guess you need to be cautious when using OsxAptioFix3Drv with combination of other fixes.

tested patched .104 web driver with 980 TI, and got only VESA mode.

no compatible GPU found.

singe GT 740 working perfect. 

with .156 and 980 TI it hangs at boot logo and i cannot reach the desktop.

and this is a boot with GT 740 and 980 TI.

GT 740 webdriver loaded, 980 TI not

post-1615252-0-52860600-1516961368_thumb.jpgpost-1615252-0-23808500-1516961375_thumb.jpg 

Huh, so I guess I was going in the right direction then.

Anyone encountering the spinner issue with the Nvidia drivers and you're using AptioMemoryFix, try switching to OsxAptioFix3Drv. Wonder why it doesn't work well with AptioMemoryFix? Hopefully a developer can reproduce that issue.

Huh, so I guess I was going in the right direction then.

Anyone encountering the spinner issue with the Nvidia drivers and you're using AptioMemoryFix, try switching to OsxAptioFix3Drv. Wonder why it doesn't work well with AptioMemoryFix, hopefully a developer can reproduce the issue.

Does the .156 driver still suck without AptioMemoryFix?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Does the .156 driver still suck without AptioMemoryFix?

Yes, I'm using OsxAptioFix3Drv and it still sucks, laggy as hell doing basic stuff. I think it's the web driver rather than the memory fix

• Like 1

The Drivers works perfect

maybe your hardware not or some Clover setup  ?

See lots people report working great included me. so I think Nvidia doing great job 

They didn't work for me either. At all (blackscreen and the dreaded IOConsoleUsers problem nobody wants to talk about). Not everyone has the same hardware anyway. Lots of us use X99/X299 m/bs, GTX1080 etc.

• Like 2

YMMV

For me I was running 10.13.3 with the .156 drivers with iMac17,1 smbios and it was very laggy.

I switched to macPro6,1 smbios and lag was still there but usable and bearable until new drivers are released.