Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

What are your hardware specs? Which nVidia GPU do you use?

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H with a Core i7-4790K and a GTX TITAN X (GM200).  I have SIP enabled, and only inject FakeSMC and IntelMausiEthernet from Clover, no other hacks to my system (I use USB audio etc).

My point is that people who are having problems should start posting on those geforce.com forums, as NVIDIA is known to respond there.  Maybe they will be able to work with anyone who is seeing this issue to figure out what is going on.

• Like 1

i cant re enable sip after i installed driver 378.10.10.10.25.104 wit a patch Easy Web Drivers Patcher

You have to enable partial 0x3

csr-active-config 0x3 = SIP Partially Disable (Load not sign kexts)

how do i that 

If you can't boot into Mac, you can do a temp fix in Clover:Options:System Parameters:System Integrity Protection

The list is binary, with 1 at top. So, for 0x3, check the first two options (1+2). For 0x67 (103), check 1,2,3,6, and 7 (1+2+4+32+64=103). Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Clover  / config.plist

key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>

ok got it, i will test it after i finish downloading Xcode 9.3

If you can't boot into Mac, you can do a temp fix in Clover:Options:System Parameters:System Integrity Protection

The list is binary, with 1 at top. So, for 0x3, check the first two options (1+2). For 0x67 (103), check 1,2,3,6, and 7 (1+2+4+32+64=103). Hope this helps.

i can boot in mac, but every time i enable sip, it goes back to disabled mode 

ok got it, i will test it after i finish downloading Xcode 9.3

when you install kext edit in the System, the best we can have as SIP Enable is

csr-active-config 0x3 = Partially Disable SIP (Load not sign kexts)

got it, i will let u know asap 

i got a error when installing Xcode 9.3 components 

Insatlling composant Xcode or whatever  else as nothing to do with Web Drivers

try to have a good functional and bootable system perfectly before thinking about the post install and any other installation

Insatlling composant Xcode or whatever  else as nothing to do with Web Drivers

try to have a good functional and bootable system perfectly before thinking about the post install and any other installation

ok thanks, sorry for the double post 

ok thanks, sorry for the double post 

i found a app called plist edit pro, where do i find that string = key>CsrActiveConfig</key>

<string>0x3</string>

never mind found it 

ok i change the CsrActiveConfig key string from 0x67 to 0x3, and i restart the computer, and i type csrutil status, and it says = sip disable 

• Like 1

I don't know if this is a driver issue, but as everything worked before 13.3 and 156, I'm guessing the driver has a role in this.

Nvidia 1080 + Quadro P400

Each have 2 monitors, all connected via display port: 1080 has one 4k Samsung and one ultra wide Samsung; the Quadro has a BenQ SW2700PT and a BenQ SW320.

Since the updates, a number of things changed:

1. At boot, I often have to restart 1-2 times until I get past the spinning hang-up.

2. I just can't get my BenQ SW320 (4k) to show up. I can see it in Display Preferences, but the screen doesn't turn on.

3. When switching the SW320 to the 1080, things still either hand or register, but the screen doesn't turn on.

4. When using the HDMI port on the 1080 for the SW320, I can see all 4 screens.

I also had to revert from SMBIOS 18,3 to 14,2 to get all 4 screens back.

Anyone having similar issues?

Btw, the reason I have the 1080 is for computation; the P400 is for 10-bit output to the true 10-bit BenQs.

in High Sierra 10.13.3 you can patch any driver from 10.13.x

for x=0 to 3 and use it with success (also in beta 10.13.4)

So if for you 10.13.0 Nvidia driver is better..patch it and use it in any OSX (10.13.x)

:)

Ps

and in my case with same performances

Yep, patching the driver works fine. But I've noticed after installing the supplemental update and patching the Nvidia drivers it seems to mess up the first stage of the boot where the progress bar starts near the end whereas the second state appears normal. On a hunch clearing nvram via F11 in Clover seems to have fixed it, just in case anyone else encounters that after updating. :)

• Like 2

Repackaged webdrivers to install on 17E160e

macOS 10.13.3 High Sierra (17D102)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uvk3h9b7h6aypt/Repackaged-WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.158.pkg?dl=0

macOS 10.13.3 High Sierra (17D2102) iMacPro

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05brqxogk7s16ss/Repackaged-WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.159.pkg?dl=0

Still requires NvWeb_Patcher after install.

• Like 2

It appears that the lags are fixed. I spoke too soon.  :blush:

Update:

There are still minor lags with the new web drivers, but it performa much better than the 156 and 157.

Confirmed, much better but not perfect.

You using iMacPro1,1 or iMac17,1

• Like 1

It appears that the lags are fixed. I spoke too soon.  :blush:

Update:

There are still minor lags with the new web drivers, but it performa much better than the 156 and 157.

Zero improvement with 158 driver on 10.13.3 Build 17D102

macOS is unusable with this driver.