[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Great  :)

How do you enable the GTX ?  Does it work fully ?

I have not managed to make it work fully for my GT 1030 in High Sierra

Can you make a little tutorial here on how to activate this kind of card and put the nesecery files  :D

In fact one finds all details, instructions and necessary files in my extended 10.13 Desktop Guides. Just google for "Skylake-X/X299 - Live the Future now in macOS High Sierra 10.13 - [successful Build/Extended Guide]" and "The Perfect Custom Pro - macOS High Sierra 10.13 on X99 - Full Success". If you wish and think that it would be a good idea, I can open a thread summarising the most important details of the respective builds and guides also on InsanelyMac. The 10.12.6 Web Driver Workaround does neither support OpenGL nor Metal 2. Thus one is still restricted to basic graphics and video acceleration. 

• Like 1

In fact one finds all details, instructions and necessary files in my extended 10.13 Desktop Guides. Just google for "Skylake-X/X299 - Live the Future now in macOS High Sierra 10.13 - [successful Build/Extended Guide]" and "The Perfect Custom Pro - macOS High Sierra 10.13 on X99 - Full Success". If you wish and think that it would be a good idea, I can open a thread summarising the most important details of the respective builds and guides also on InsanelyMac. The 10.12.6 Web Driver Workaround does neither support OpenGL nor Metal 2. Thus one is still restricted to basic graphics and video acceleration. 

Ok thank you this is exactly what I have 
does neither support OpenGL nor Metal 2. Thus one is still restricted to basic graphics and video acceleration. :rolleyes:
  • Like 1

To eliminate confusions; If you download GM from AppStore GM version says 17A361a. After you successfully update and installed it's (17A362a).

Sorry if I'm a little harsh but why continue to persist on one thing while already 4 posts (maybe more) above confirm you that the GM version is 17A362? And each time is the same thing.

Please, read the correct file, which is SystemVersion.plist (S/L/CoreServices), there you'll find the right update/upgrade version. That 17A361a is the build of the SDK (DTSDKBuild) in XCode 9 used to build that GM.app.

• Like 4

My legacy BIOS systems live to fight another day :D.  GM High Sierra_17A362a on

1.  GA-P55aUD3 desktop with legacy BIOS/Intel i5-750/ATI HD5770/APFS HDD, SMBIOS iMac11,3

post-846696-0-58674300-1505468187_thumb.png

2.  Dell XPS M1530 notebook with legacy BIOS/Intel T9300/Geforce 8600M GT/HFS+ Ext HDD, SMBIOS MBP7,1

post-846696-0-14268100-1505444956_thumb.png

Exactly the same procedure followed as per DB8 but used Pike's handy script (modified for GM) to download "Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app" version 13.0.61 ---> directly ran the app from the Applications folder ---> reboot into macOS Install etc.  The App Store did not offer a delta upgrade to the GM version yet so needed to download the full installer.app...

post-846696-0-99625100-1505445827_thumb.png

post-846696-0-52659000-1505468283_thumb.png

For my desktop, I upgraded Clover to r4207 & apfs.efi to latest (dated 10 Sep, 2017, MD5 8a5c27e96d6e655d85ae6c26277d7551), but didn't bother with updating the XPS (r4189 & apfs.efi from DB8) ---> still upgraded OK :).

apfs.efi_GM_17A362a.zip

install_1013_GM_17A362a.sh.zip

Clover_v2.4k_r4210.zip

• Like 2

Hi 

Here (France)  no update in Appstore for first time since Beta2. I try fusion71au's method under Imac13,2 SMBIOS.

Update: error message before first restart. I retry again script at beginning

• Like 1

Hi 

Here (France)  no update in Appstore for first time since Beta2. I try fusion71au's method under Imac13,2 SMBIOS.

Update: error message before first restart. I retry again script at beginning

This is not a Update its a complete Installer.app

Remove the previous Installer.app on any disk you have.

You can try to change the Localisation, used Los Angel California and reboot

This is what I do it yesterday and that working good for me  B)

• Like 2

Sorry if I'm a little harsh but why continue to persist on one thing while already 4 posts (maybe more) above confirm you that the GM version is 17A362? And each time is the same thing.

Please, read the correct file, which is SystemVersion.plist (S/L/CoreServices), there you'll find the right update/upgrade version. That 17A361a is the build of the SDK (DTSDKBuild) in XCode 9 used to build that GM.app.

The main problem comes becose they probably just installed the 'macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility' instead of 'macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility' 

so since its the developer utility they gets the developer update which has no GM as per latest candidate version.

This is the best version for me I think  :P

Yeah it seems to have all the previous bugs fixed. Hopefully in 10 day we will have the final release and let's hope that nVidia has the new web driver for macOS High Sierra as well.

Hi chris1111

Same way before 

No it is no fully working

Thanks @fabiosun I know thats not fully good  :P

Yeah it seems to have all the previous bugs fixed. Hopefully in 10 day we will have the final release and let's hope that nVidia has the new web driver for macOS High Sierra as well.

Yeah this Build looks good

NVIDIA Drivers  I hope  :angel:

Hi

GM succeed on Imac13,2 SMBIOS after download full app. But like previous Beta since Beta 7, AppleAHCI v329 don't allowed Hot-Plug for internal sata drive: I've to replace it with AppleAHCI v328. Maybe update AHCIportInjector in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts is necessary? Or others solutions?

Now, I try with macpro6,1 SMBIOS.

• Like 2

Hi

GM succeed on Imac13,2 SMBIOS after download full app. But like previous Beta since Beta 7, AppleAHCI v329 don't allowed Hot-Plug for internal sata drive: I've to replace it with AppleAHCI v328. Maybe update AHCIportInjector in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts is necessary? Or others solutions?

Now, I try with macpro6,1 SMBIOS.

the Hot plug working in my Optiplex 790 with the ➤ Bay Adapter for Slim Optical Drive and 2.5-Inch SATA III

I have a SSD 120g  window 10 in the Hot plug

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170915/31aa85b04ca4ef37fb575c5b3bec72e9.heic

Tried oneday but still cant boot into 10.13GM installer on my XPS.

I have tried delete almost all the kexts without fakesmc.kext.

I have tried add almost all the fix dsdt.

I have tried delete the no important efi drives.

I have tried add nv_disable=1 or fakeid=0x12345678.

I have tried drop every ssdt table.

But all of below still cant slove this problem.

My laptop was perfect in 10.12 but cant boot on 10.13.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

the Hot plug working in my Optiplex 790 with the ➤ Bay Adapter for Slim Optical Drive and 2.5-Inch SATA III

I have a SSD 120g  window 10 in the Hot plug

On my system, I've Intel 7 series and Asmedia 1061/1062: working hot-plug under Sierra. Not under High Sierra without AppleAHCI v328. As I say I use AHCIportInjector.kext in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.13.

So I need final solution for High Sierra release?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170915/31aa85b04ca4ef37fb575c5b3bec72e9.heic

Tried oneday but still cant boot into 10.13GM installer on my XPS.

I have tried delete almost all the kexts without fakesmc.kext.

I have tried add almost all the fix dsdt.

I have tried delete the no important efi drives.

I have tried add nv_disable=1 or fakeid=0x12345678.

I have tried drop every ssdt table.

But all of below still cant slove this problem.

My laptop was perfect in 10.12 but cant boot on 10.13.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Intel HD disabled? Either the intel HD or the nvidia chip is giving issues, so I'd disable intel HD and boot on the nvidia (with or without nv_disable=1)

On my system, I've Intel 7 series and Asmedia 1061/1062: working hot-plug under Sierra. Not under High Sierra without AppleAHCI v328. As I say I use AHCIportInjector.kext in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.13.

So I need final solution for High Sierra release?

Ok mine is Intel 6 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller : 

• Like 1