[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

@Sherlocks, Hi! For the MacPro5,1 Platformdata:

From the previous Beta5 MP51.88Z.0083.B00.1707271620

From the current Beta6 MP51.88Z.0084.B00.1708080528

But I don't know exactly FF & FFM ( I have nowhere to get it).

Thank you for macpro51 info.

I wonder where you get macpro51 firmware info? Take a firmware info from real macpro51?

I cant see macpro51 firmware info from firmware files. If you inform info, its help to impove support high sierra

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I wonder where you get macpro51 firmware info? Take a firmware info from real macpro51?

I cant see macpro51 firmware info from firmware files. If you inform info, its help to impove support high sierra

It is now at different location. Simple /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta/Contents/Resources/Firmware

post-609887-0-64322900-1503401728_thumb.png

• Like 2

Guys, have any of you managed to find the reason for the "osinstall.mpkg damaged or corrupted" or whatever it says?

I keep having this issue on a Skylake build. And last time this happaned I had to wipe the entire HDD. I don't wanna do this with each beta. What the hell is going on? Why does this happen?

Guys, have any of you managed to find the reason for the "osinstall.mpkg damaged or corrupted" or whatever it says?

I keep having this issue on a Skylake build. And last time this happaned I hade to wipe the entire HDD. I don't wanna do this with each beta. What the hell is going on? Why does this happen?

Try Unplug Windows SSD

also use Clover r4182

Thats the trick for me

• Like 2

I keep having this issue on a Skylake build. And last time this happaned I had to wipe the entire HDD. I don't wanna do this with each beta. What the hell is going on? Why does this happen?

in some cases removing EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi does the trick and sometimes you need to delete the nvram.plist as well but not always.

• Like 1

Hi,

Successfully updated my HDD macpro6,1 SMBIOS to DB7_17A352a.

Notes: Updated to latest Clover r4182, removed FF/FFM/PF and BIOS ver/release date/Board-ID data from config.plist to allow Clover to inject.

But there is two questions:

1. With macpro6,1, I can't download Beta 7 update like iMac, macOS ask restart immediately after click on update in App Store. After, updating process begin as usual
  2. ​Hot plug (swap) internal drive don't work in Beta 7. Previously up to the Beta 6 I could plug in a internal hard drive during macOS session.

Sorry for my bad english

• Like 1

still trying to install high Sierra beta 5 from usb on Laptop MSI Haswell i7-4712MQ HD4600 keep getting pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.never happened on beta 1 2 3 only on 4 and 5.dont get any prob on skylake desktop only on msi laptop got latest clover v.4173 laptop as no windows HDD Just SSD ready for Mac perversely had Sierra 10.12.6 with no probs.

Thanks For any help at all.

still trying to install high Sierra beta 5 from usb on Laptop MSI Haswell i7-4712MQ HD4600 keep getting pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.never happened on beta 1 2 3 only on 4 and 5.dont get any prob on skylake desktop only on msi laptop got latest clover v.4173 laptop as no windows HDD Just SSD ready for Mac perversely had Sierra 10.12.6 with no probs.

try latest Clover r4182

ok chris1111 will do thanks let you no in a bit

Hi chris1111 tried clover v.4182 still getting MacBook-pro.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.windowserver) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds.pushing respawn out by 10 seconds. < this stays on screen for ever thanks for any help

• Like 1

@arsradu,

In my experience, most OSInstall.mpkg damaged/missing errors occur on hacks with NVRAM emulation ie

• UEFI systems with non functioning hardware NVRAM ---> use EmuVariableUefi-64 and with Clover rc scripts, generate NVRAM.plist file(s) on disk
  • Legacy BIOS systems use Clover rc scripts to generate NVRAM.plist file(s) on disk

Fix is therefore to delete EmuVariableUefi-64 (UEFI systems) or delete NVRAM.plist files from all EFI partitions, incl USB installer (for legacy BIOS systems).  I also run the terminal command sudo NVRAM -c to reset my NVRAM before installing/upgrading High Sierra on my legacy systems.

If you have incorrect or old FF/FFM values in your SMBIOS/config.plist, these cause the "error while verifying firmware" message.

The system will record the unsuccessful firmware update so that if you try to boot again to "Boot macOS Install", you'll also get a OSInstall.mpkg is damaged/missing error the second time.

The fix is to update to Clover r4182 and boot into the High Sierra partition again (in its un-updated state).  This automatically deletes the "tainted" /macOS\ Install\ Data folder, and then re-run the "Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app" to generate a fresh macOS Install Data folder ---> reboot.

Hope that clarifies :)
  • Like 3

I also have a similar problem, but not yet decided on 756 Asus

Looks like I'll have to thank 3 people at the same time for being able to write this from Beta 7 on that Skylake build I mentioned before. :)

@fusion71au for uploading Clover 4182. Not sure how much of a difference did that make. But still, I couldn't have tested any of the theories suggested above if it wasn't for him. So, thank you! :)

@chris1111 for the Windows and Clover ideas. You'll see why and where exactly did that make a difference. :)

@cyberdevs for EmuVariableUEFI.efi idea. That certainly made a difference for me.

So, initially, I removed all the junk the previous attempts of installing the OS created on the root of the destination drive and tried only with Clover 4182. And..no change. Still got the same error in the same place. With or without Windows HDD connected.

Then I connected Windows back, thinking that it couldn't be from that, since it didn't make any difference to the initial error.  And I booted up in Sierra, and checked what cyberdevs said about the EmuVariableUEFI.

And here's another weird thing. Even though I didn't check the box for EmuVariableUEFI on Clover installation, I did have it in the drivers64UEFI folder. I don't know how it got there or why. But I removed it anyway.

Then I tried to install the OS again, with Windows connected, and, this time, although I didn't get the same error anymore regarding the osinstall.mpkg file being damaged or missing, I did get another error regarding firmware upgrade.

So, I decided to try what Chris said and unplug the Windows HDD again.

And, guess what? After that, it didn't say anything about the firmware anymore, but it did reboot kind of abruptly, shortly after starting the installation (it went from 22 minutes remaining, to 21, then sudden reboot). After the reboot though, it continued from 21 minutes remaining and went through with no other issues. Finally! I should probably mention that I removed the Apple folder on the EFI partition before starting this. So...maybe the sudden reboot was to fix that part.

If you guys got this far reading this post, I thank you very much for all your help and feedback. Each one of you had his part in getting this to work.

• Like 3

@arsradu,

In my experience, most OSInstall.mpkg damaged/missing errors occur on hacks with NVRAM emulation ie

• UEFI systems with non functioning hardware NVRAM ---> use EmuVariableUefi-64 and generate NVRAM.plist file(s) on disk
  • Legacy BIOS systems use Clover rc scripts to generate NVRAM.plist file(s) on disk

Fix is therefore to delete EmuVariableUefi-64 (UEFI systems) or delete NVRAM.plist files from all EFI partitions, incl USB installer (for legacy BIOS systems).  I also run the terminal command sudo NVRAM -c to reset my NVRAM before installing/upgrading High Sierra on my legacy systems.

If you have incorrect or old FF/FFM values in your SMBIOS/config.plist, these cause the "error while verifying firmware" message.

The system will record the unsuccessful firmware update so that if you try to boot again to "Boot macOS Install", you'll also get a OSInstall.mpkg is damaged/missing error the second time.

The fix is to update to Clover r4182 and boot into the High Sierra partition again (in its un-updated state).  This automatically deletes the "tainted" /macOS\ Install\ Data folder, and then re-run the "Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app" to generate a fresh macOS Install Data folder ---> reboot.

Since 10.13 DP1 this workarround just works on my Legacy system, thanks..  :wink_anim:

• Like 1

@arsradu,

• UEFI systems with non functioning hardware NVRAM ---> use EmuVariableUefi-64 and generate NVRAM.plist file(s) on disk

LOL Yeah, I posted before reading your post.

You're right. On this system I do have hardware NVRAM, so EmuVariableUEFI was not necessary anyway. Also, because I do have hardware NVRAM, I also didn't have a NVRAM.plist on the root of my drive. Removing EmuVariableUEFI.efi did the trick to get me past the OSInstall error.

Getting past the firmware error was a Windows thing, for me. But I think the FF/FFM values are also probably, hopefully, correct. So, I guess that couldn't have been the cause of the firmware error in my case. However, unplugging the Windows drive did make a difference, surprisingly enough.

I tried to install from USB beta 7 ASUS X756UV. the download stops as before . to install not always. how to install it . use clover 4182

I patched your DSDT to remove your discreet GPU (only Intel HD GPU will appear in System Info now).  This and the other things I suggested here              #2983             that I added to your config.plist should get your video to load.  That is your only problem that I can see at this point.

Brumas-DSDT.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

Looks like I'll have to thank 3 people at the same time for being able to write this from Beta 7 on that Skylake build I mentioned before. :)

@fusion71au for uploading Clover 4182. Not sure how much of a difference did that make. But still, I couldn't have tested any of the theories suggested above if it wasn't for him. So, thank you! :)

@chris1111 for the Windows and Clover ideas. You'll see why and where exactly did that make a difference. :)

@cyberdevs for EmuVariableUEFI.efi idea. That certainly made a difference for me.

So, initially, I removed all the junk the previous attempts of installing the OS created on the root of the destination drive and tried only with Clover 4182. And..no change. Still got the same error in the same place. With or without Windows HDD connected.

Then I connected Windows back, thinking that it couldn't be from that, since it didn't make any difference to the initial error.  And I booted up in Sierra, and checked what cyberdevs said about the EmuVariableUEFI.

And here's another weird thing. Even though I didn't check the box for EmuVariableUEFI on Clover installation, I did have it in the drivers64UEFI folder. I don't know how it got there or why. But I removed it anyway.

Then I tried to install the OS again, with Windows connected, and, this time, although I didn't get the same error anymore regarding the osinstall.mpkg file being damaged or missing, I did get another error regarding firmware upgrade.

So, I decided to try what Chris said and unplug the Windows HDD again.

And, guess what? After that, it didn't say anything about the firmware anymore, but it did reboot kind of abruptly, shortly after starting the installation (it went from 22 minutes remaining, to 21, then sudden reboot). After the reboot though, it continued from 21 minutes remaining and went through with no other issues. Finally! I should probably mention that I removed the Apple folder on the EFI partition before starting this. So...maybe the sudden reboot was to fix that part.

If you guys got this far reading this post, I thank you very much for all you'll help and feedback. Each one of you had his part in getting this to work.

Great  :lol:  This is I discover here Unplug Windows

Happy for you thats working  B)

Edit***

I know it's not very good to always Wipping the SSD

This is why I use a SSD OCZ 120 G test
I can tell you that it begins to be worn  :hysterical:  :P
  • Like 1

Guys, does removing the EmuVariableUEFI affect the functionality of the Nvidia driver?

I can't seem to be able to get it activated anymore, in Sierra. I didn't touch anything there. The nvda_drv=1 boot flag is there (it was there before I started all this thing about High Sierra). It's just that now it just doesn't want to use the Nvidia driver. It always defaults to the OSX driver. Which, considering I'm using a GTX 950, means no acceleration.

Any idea how to fix this? I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. Same issue.

Guys, does removing the EmuVariableUEFI affect the functionality of the Nvidia driver?

I can't seem to be able to get it activated anymore, in Sierra. I didn't touch anything there. The nvda_drv=1 boot flag is there (it was there before I started all this thing about High Sierra). It's just that now it just doesn't want to use the Nvidia driver. It always defaults to the OSX driver. Which, considering I'm using a GTX 950, means no acceleration.

Any idea how to fix this? I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. Same issue.

You can add/install EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi once your macOS High Sierra is installed it will only affect the installation process after that's it's safe to use it.

• Like 1

You can add install EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi once your macOS High Sierra is installed it will only affect the installation process after that's it's safe to use it.

Alright. We're back in business. Thank you! :) So, it DOES make a difference. It works now. But...why? Is this a driver issue? I mean...if I've got hardware nvram => no EmuVariableUEFI necessary, why can't I use Nvidia driver anymore?

So, on the next High Sierra update, I need to move the EmuVariableUEFI file again...before upgrading...? Then add it back again after that? This sucks... :))

Alright. We're back in business. Thank you! :) So, it DOES make a difference. It works now. But...why? Is this a driver issue? I mean...if I've got hardware nvram => no EmuVariableUEFI necessary, why can't I use Nvidia driver anymore?

So, on the next High Sierra update, I need to move the EmuVariableUEFI file again...before upgrading...? Then add it back again after that? This sucks... :))

IMHO I don't think it's driver issue, it's all related to the nvram. All the Mac computers have hardware nvram which stores speaker volume, displays brightness, wireless networks etc. on hacks specially the ones which doesn't have the hardware nvram or even when they have the nvram macOS can't load some settings e.g nVidia display driver's settings, so EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi will store the data to nvram.plist which will be loaded with clover; so that's why we need to use EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi specially for nVidia web drivers.

• Like 1

IMHO I don't think it's driver issue, it's all related to the nvram. All the Mac computers have hardware nvram which stores speaker volume, displays brightness, wireless networks etc. on hacks specially the ones which doesn't have the hardware nvram or even when they have the nvram macOS can't load some settings e.g nVidia display driver's settings, so EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi will store the data to nvram.plist which will be loaded with clover; so that's why we need to use EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi specially for nVidia web drivers.

That's why I use an old GTX 650 at home. No EmuVariableUEFI needed, no Nvidia driver needed.

With every day I'm more and more concerned about the next video card I'll have to buy when this one won't be supported anymore. I'm not a gamer, so I don't care about them teraflops. But I do care about being able to use that computer with minimum effort. :)) And for that, as we all know, you need supported hardware (or at least as close as you can get to that).

Today I learned something new. Thank you. :)

• Like 1