[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

Hello,

would like to thank you again MaLd0n, I finally managed to have a sleeping/waking hack again with your DSDT and a few hardware adjustment (basically, memory settings).

I will stay on Sierra for the moment, as High Sierra is ok for sleeping but never wakes my hack  :)

Plus, Sierra's HFS+ is as fast as High sierra's APFS and the ethernet stack is far smoother ...

I kicked out some unused devices (Asus AI things ...) and I'm trying to find the unused Method on it.

I modified the names to match Apple's ones and I added a working FWR device (cosmetic).

Here it is for those who have the same old MB.

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 2

Hello, MaLd0n.

Thanks you for this thread with manual and prepared files!

I'm sure it saves me a lot of days, which I could spent in Kernel Panics fights.

My hardware:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.06 GHz
MB: Abit ip35 Pro (BIOS 14ZZZ + E0 microcodes)
Video: Palit GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB Sonic (DVI -> Monitor, HDMI -> TV)
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 SB0220 (kX Driver v1.11b0)
RAM: 2x 1Gb Corsair XMS2 CM2X1024-6400C4
         2x 2Gb Kingston KHX6400D2LLK2/2G
SSD: ADATA Ultimate SU650 120GB

Current situation:

SSD has installed macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1212) with Clover v2.4k r4411 (replaced by yours "CLOVER POST INSTALLATION.zip").

Success:

• Internal ethernet works after installing AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext using KextUtility;
  • Creative SB Live! 5.1 SB0220 works with 5.1 support after installing kX Driver v1.11b0;

Fail:

• OS starts with option "nv_disable=1", without it - loading stuck with vertical black-white lines and artefacts. Tried without "nv_disable=1" and with "npci=0x2000" / "npci=0x2000" - stuck when apple logo and empty progress bar appears;
  • not all USB are working in OS: 1/2 front panel and 3/4 back panel and 1/2 additional panel (connected to additional MB connectors) are working;
  • won't power off on shutdown (shutdown.jpg);
  • won't go sleep, no reaction after clicking in menu "Sleep".

Attached "/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin" from installation flash drive, after booting from it and pressing F4 in Clover ("F4.zip") and RunMe result "Send me Gennadiis-iMac.zip" (don't know should I remove some serials or something else there).

P.S.: Firstly, I installed High Sierra 10.13.3.

Got same situation with requirement in "nv_disable=1".

High Sierra made APFS, but as I remember I had chosen HFS, and Clover won't set up on SSD with APFS.

After installing kX Driver v1.11b0 sound card Creative SB Live! started working, but I started getting 9/10 boots with Kernel Panic reboots and sometimes during work.

That's why I've decided to try Sierra, and here I don't have troubles with installing Clover on SSD and with Creative SB Live!.

Removed "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext".

Added InjectNvidia option with CloverConfigurator like on your screenshot.

Tried to boot without "nv_disable=1", got same problem with artefacts (video.jpg).

Hello, MaLd0n!

Can you advise me what can I try to solve my problems?

• Like 1

Hello,

would like to thank you again MaLd0n, I finally managed to have a sleeping/waking hack again with your DSDT and a few hardware adjustment (basically, memory settings).

I will stay on Sierra for the moment, as High Sierra is ok for sleeping but never wakes my hack  :)

Plus, Sierra's HFS+ is as fast as High sierra's APFS and the ethernet stack is far smoother ...

I kicked out some unused devices (Asus AI things ...) and I'm trying to find the unused Method on it.

I modified the names to match Apple's ones and I added a working FWR device (cosmetic).

Here it is for those who have the same old MB.

Very Nice MagOO

Enjoy!

Hello, MaLd0n!

Can you advise me what can I try to solve my problems?

add patch video from ur previous DSDT ;)

if work only with patch, use it

add patch video from ur previous DSDT ;)

if work only with patch, use it

Sorry for my noob question, but I can't get it.

* I've installed Sierra with yours "CLOVER Install.zip"

* Then installed Clover on SSD and replaced with yours "CLOVER Post Install.zip"

* Then, as you suggested, removed "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext" and added InjectNvidia option with CloverConfigurator

But on all of this steps I only could load system with "nv_disable=1", otherwise I get black/white screen with artifacts.

I can't get, what do you mean in "ur previous DSDT", I have only one DSDT, which I've extracted with Clover on bootable USB Flash, according your instruction, and attached in my first message.

What should I do now?

• Like 1

Sorry for my noob question, but I can't get it.

* I've installed Sierra with yours "CLOVER Install.zip"

* Then installed Clover on SSD and replaced with yours "CLOVER Post Install.zip"

* Then, as you suggested, removed "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext" and added InjectNvidia option with CloverConfigurator

But on all of this steps I only could load system with "nv_disable=1", otherwise I get black/white screen with artifacts.

I can't get, what do you mean in "ur previous DSDT", I have only one DSDT, which I've extracted with Clover on bootable USB Flash, according your instruction, and attached in my first message.

What should I do now?

i'll check, back in 30 minutes

• Like 1

The Asus MB still wakes to black screen.  When I wake I hear the fans rev for a couple of seconds and the screen remains black.  You have the logs etc is this something that just cannot be fixed with a DSDT or clover?  Everything works great with the clover config in the send me files so do I really need a DSDT?

I encountered the same problems as yours, can not wake up (black screen), I always felt that can be solved by dsdt, but still can not find a solution, continue to explore.
  • Like 2

I encountered the same problems as yours, can not wake up (black screen), I always felt that can be solved by dsdt, but still can not find a solution, continue to explore.

I'm looking for a fix to this too, Sierra works, HS not.

u dont need it

what PNLF u use? from Clover?

Doesn't matter which PNLF I use the hack boots very slow.

PNLF is for brightness, right? My brightness works only with the NativeDisplayBrightness.app without PNLF.

• Like 2

Ok, I'm back and please help me now, High Sierra installed on SSD ;)

My previous problem is on the #493 post.

Please tell me what should I do to fix the problem?

When I restart my PC, monitor goes into standby mode, computer it works normally and nothing happens.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fQLnDQLFnS81XAuhqREvbYHdwSdVi85i/view?usp=sharing

I have to restart it with the button ;(

All installation process he ran this way.

When I see this image, I had to press the restet and continue the installation.

post-2396156-0-35302700-1519040705_thumb.jpg

When I choose "Restart Computer" in Clover menu, Clover freeze ;(

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SnvPqRspedE1X6G0Qrm6nY2Wh2TXeVTX/view?usp=sharing

Sorry for my intrusiveness, any suggestions about my problems with GeForce 8600 GT, half-worked USB ports and sleep/shutdown?

try a patch vbios, clover have this option

Not fix ;(

test it with one normal keyboard, without BT

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 9:53 AM, MaLd0n said:
First...
If you need DSDT edits...
-Extract tables with F4 key in Clover boot screen!
-Run it and send me files!

Hi MaLd0n,

Could you help me edit my DSDT, please! I got errors attaching files here for 3 days now, so I'll just have the link to it.  Thank you!

Zip file here

Hi MaLd0n and regards for your work!!! Do you look my files, my hack is very stable and is it at the main system but I never use dsdt for my system and have little problems with him :). Hack never detect memory speed, is at 0Mhz with clover in about this Mac and system report, in verbose mode  I see RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes) error but no stuck and boot normally, and last thing is that system never go to sleep.At the moment hack is installed with 10.12.6. My High Sierra disk die last month,this is my new hard disk and I had at hand sierra backup usb installer,soon I will buy ssd and then install H\Sierra but previously is the same problems :). That is it! Thanks and Regards! Sorry for my English!!!

Send me Zhivodars-Mac-mini.zip

Edited by Zhivodar Ivanov

37 minutes ago, Zhivodar Ivanov said:

Hi MaLd0n and regards for your work!!! Do you look my files, my hack is very stable and is it at the main system but I never use dsdt for my system and have little problems with him :). Hack never detect memory speed, is at 0Mhz with clover in about this Mac and system report and no sleep.At the moment hack is installed with 10.12.6. My High Sierra disk die and this is my new hard disk,soon I will buy ssd and then install H\Sierra but previously is the same problems :). That is it! Thanks and Regards! Sorry for my English!!!

Send me Zhivodars-Mac-mini.zip

http://www110.zippyshare.com/v/Tbd8TVM2/file.html