[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, SnoopCat said:

Hello, friends!)
I'm trying to get the High Sierra on an old PC.

GA-P35-S3G, Core 2 Duo e8500, Nvidia GF210, RAM 8gb.

Old versions are working on hurray, but with High Sierra did not happen))))....

dsdt.zip

what happens?

2 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

what happens?

It is not possible to start the installation of High Sierra. I use a clover and a minimal set kexts, it's cursing at boot, it's not Mac. 

Tell me in which direction to move, so that I can launch Highe Sierra on my hardware? 

Thank you in advance!)

Снимок экрана 2018-03-29 в 15.54.51.png

Снимок экрана 2018-03-29 в 15.54.23.png

3 minutes ago, SnoopCat said:

It is not possible to start the installation of High Sierra. I use a clover and a minimal set kexts, it's cursing at boot, it's not Mac. 

Tell me in which direction to move, so that I can launch Highe Sierra on my hardware? 

Thank you in advance!)

Снимок экрана 2018-03-29 в 15.54.51.png

Снимок экрана 2018-03-29 в 15.54.23.png

check here, use my folder, just remove my DSDT

MaLd0n,

Please help, I followed your instructions and I can't get anything at all after verifying DMI - it's a blank screen with a cursor.

Things I've done:

1. BIOS set to ACHI. Chose USB-HDD as primary boot

2. 16GB USB formatted in Mac OS Extended using GUID (GPT)

3. Created a bootable USB with High Sierra

4. Installed Clover on same USB with Legacy settings: Install Boot0af in MBR, CloverEFI 64bit SATA, EMUVariableUEFI-64, OSXaptioFixDrv 64, PartitionDxe 64.

5. Replaced Clover folder with yours.

I have Mavericks now on this system using Chameleon. I'd like to have High Sierra on a new SSD

My system:

Q9550

GA P35-DS4 V2

GT260 Nvidia

THanks for your time

1 hour ago, jayston said:

MaLd0n,

Please help, I followed your instructions and I can't get anything at all after verifying DMI - it's a blank screen with a cursor.

Things I've done:

1. BIOS set to ACHI. Chose USB-HDD as primary boot

2. 16GB USB formatted in Mac OS Extended using GUID (GPT)

3. Created a bootable USB with High Sierra

4. Installed Clover on same USB with Legacy settings: Install Boot0af in MBR, CloverEFI 64bit SATA, EMUVariableUEFI-64, OSXaptioFixDrv 64, PartitionDxe 64.

5. Replaced Clover folder with yours.

I have Mavericks now on this system using Chameleon. I'd like to have High Sierra on a new SSD

My system:

Q9550

GA P35-DS4 V2

GT260 Nvidia

THanks for your time

01.png

02.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

01.png

02.png

Thanks

but I just tried that and it’s still stuck on the same blank screen. 

It displays verifying dmi pool data...6 

then it goes to a blank screen with a static cursor on a top left corner  

I tried different versions of clover and I still can't boot into clover. I can't even see the clover menu it's stuck on a black screen with a cursor. 

I'm on BIOS F14, could that be an issue? anyone else had the same problem? 

5 hours ago, jayston said:

I tried different versions of clover and I still can't boot into clover. I can't even see the clover menu it's stuck on a black screen with a cursor. 

I'm on BIOS F14, could that be an issue? anyone else had the same problem? 

Try to disable uefi and install with boot0af.

...hi, working on another old board(Asus P5N7A-VM)

have got it booted to Sierra, using gfx card Radeon 6570(using generic ATY_AMD Radeon frame buffer) for now...

hoping for a wee hand from my friends here

here are the files for your perusal:

Les’s iMac.zip   origin.zip 

edit: ...the origin file is from F4 at first Clover screen, the ioreg is as I'm currently running...thx

Edited by RobertX

4 hours ago, RobertX said:

Send me Less-iMac.zip

here you go MaL...I'm using Clover from a usb stick right now...if that matters...

...just in case ,here is my clover folder from the usb stick

http://www69.zippyshare.com/v/ETaSU8Dd/file.html

U have a good patches, chipset is NVIDIA, Clover have a good patches for it ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LuCyr04 said:

Try to disable uefi and install with boot0af.

I thought P35DS4 isn't UEFI capable? 

Just for testing, I used a couple of 2GB USB formatted to MBR instead if GPT i have laying around and just load Clover with different customizations at Clover install, nothing else. I checked off Boot0ss, CloverEFI 64 bit and everything under Driver64. And it worked and booted Clover - but intermittently. Once I shut off the computer and restart again, it won't recognize Clover. 

This post has the same issue I'm describing. https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/228/

Black screen, boot1 :/boot 6

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

i install OSX in many old mobos, if i used config above...no problems

I'm not saying I'm doubting that; obviously its working for many people. I just need help getting the right settings - like is it my BIOS settings, is it my GPU that's conflicting or even the memory ... I don't know. because there's something that's stopping Clover from booting. 

I also realize the last item "Install Clover Preference Pane" is grayed out on my screen unless I install Clover directly to the computer, but your screenshot shows it's selected even when installing to the USB. 

3 minutes ago, jayston said:

I'm not saying I'm doubting that; obviously its working for many people. I just need help getting the right settings - like is it my BIOS settings, is it my GPU that's conflicting or even the memory ... I don't know. because there's something that's stopping Clover from booting. 

I also realize the last item "Install Clover Preference Pane" is grayed out on my screen unless I install Clover directly to the computer, but your screenshot shows it's selected even when installing to the USB. 

put ur bios in default, just enable AHCI

40 minutes ago, liemhatang said:

DSDT.aml.zip

Inject via clover for test

MaLd0n 2018-04-09 às 11.18.49.png