[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

lol

the same bug with Chameleon, long long time ago xD 

How many ports USB don't work?

I'm back  :)

At least two port didn't worked.

But I changed EHC1 et EHC2 in your dsdt by EH01 and EH02 and al USB ports are working now !

I think I have an hardware issue with the memory controller that can't handle 4 sticks of DDR2 1066.

Some people say that the p5q ICH is not designed to handle 8 gigs because it's a full capacity for DDR2.

I'm actually doing tests with ram at 800 MHz.

For the moment, 6 sleep/wake without any hang.

can you tell me why using -no_compat_check ?

• Like 1

Hello, MaLd0n.

Thanks you for this thread with manual and prepared files!

I'm sure it saves me a lot of days, which I could spent in Kernel Panics fights.

My hardware:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.06 GHz
MB: Abit ip35 Pro (BIOS 14ZZZ + E0 microcodes)
Video: Palit GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB Sonic (DVI -> Monitor, HDMI -> TV)
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 SB0220 (kX Driver v1.11b0)
RAM: 2x 1Gb Corsair XMS2 CM2X1024-6400C4
         2x 2Gb Kingston KHX6400D2LLK2/2G
SSD: ADATA Ultimate SU650 120GB

Current situation:

SSD has installed macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1212) with Clover v2.4k r4411 (replaced by yours "CLOVER POST INSTALLATION.zip").

Success:

• Internal ethernet works after installing AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext using KextUtility;
  • Creative SB Live! 5.1 SB0220 works with 5.1 support after installing kX Driver v1.11b0;

Fail:

• OS starts with option "nv_disable=1", without it - loading stuck with vertical black-white lines and artefacts. Tried without "nv_disable=1" and with "npci=0x2000" / "npci=0x2000" - stuck when apple logo and empty progress bar appears;
  • not all USB are working in OS: 1/2 front panel and 3/4 back panel and 1/2 additional panel (connected to additional MB connectors) are working;
  • won't power off on shutdown (shutdown.jpg);
  • won't go sleep, no reaction after clicking in menu "Sleep".

Attached "/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin" from installation flash drive, after booting from it and pressing F4 in Clover ("F4.zip") and RunMe result "Send me Gennadiis-iMac.zip" (don't know should I remove some serials or something else there).

P.S.: Firstly, I installed High Sierra 10.13.3.

Got same situation with requirement in "nv_disable=1".

High Sierra made APFS, but as I remember I had chosen HFS, and Clover won't set up on SSD with APFS.

After installing kX Driver v1.11b0 sound card Creative SB Live! started working, but I started getting 9/10 boots with Kernel Panic reboots and sometimes during work.

That's why I've decided to try Sierra, and here I don't have troubles with installing Clover on SSD and with Creative SB Live!.

post-2403211-0-69819900-1518347458_thumb.jpg

Edited by Donavan
  • Like 1

I'm back  :)

At least two port didn't worked.

But I changed EHC1 et EHC2 in your dsdt by EH01 and EH02 and al USB ports are working now !

I think I have an hardware issue with the memory controller that can't handle 4 sticks of DDR2 1066.

Some people say that the p5q ICH is not designed to handle 8 gigs because it's a full capacity for DDR2.

I'm actually doing tests with ram at 800 MHz.

For the moment, 6 sleep/wake without any hang.

can you tell me why using -no_compat_check ?

E.G, MacPro3,1 lose support after Sierra with -no_compat_check u can use it

Hello, MaLd0n.

Thanks you for this thread with manual and prepared files!

I'm sure it saves me a lot of days, which I could spent in Kernel Panics fights.

My hardware:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.06 GHz
MB: Abit ip35 Pro (BIOS 14ZZZ + E0 microcodes)
Video: Palit GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB Sonic (DVI -> Monitor, HDMI -> TV)
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 SB0220 (kX Driver v1.11b0)
RAM: 2x 1Gb Corsair XMS2 CM2X1024-6400C4
         2x 2Gb Kingston KHX6400D2LLK2/2G
SSD: ADATA Ultimate SU650 120GB

Current situation:

SSD has installed macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1212) with Clover v2.4k r4411 (replaced by yours "CLOVER POST INSTALLATION.zip").

Success:

• Internal ethernet works after installing AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext using KextUtility;
  • Creative SB Live! 5.1 SB0220 works with 5.1 support after installing kX Driver v1.11b0;

Fail:

• OS starts with option "nv_disable=1", without it - loading stuck with vertical black-white lines and artefacts. Tried without "nv_disable=1" and with "npci=0x2000" / "npci=0x2000" - stuck when apple logo and empty progress bar appears;
  • not all USB are working in OS: 1/2 front panel and 3/4 back panel and 1/2 additional panel (connected to additional MB connectors) are working;
  • won't power off on shutdown (shutdown.jpg);
  • won't go sleep, no reaction after clicking in menu "Sleep".

Attached "/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin" from installation flash drive, after booting from it and pressing F4 in Clover ("F4.zip") and RunMe result "Send me Gennadiis-iMac.zip" (don't know should I remove some serials or something else there).

P.S.: Firstly, I installed High Sierra 10.13.3.

Got same situation with requirement in "nv_disable=1".

High Sierra made APFS, but as I remember I had chosen HFS, and Clover won't set up on SSD with APFS.

After installing kX Driver v1.11b0 sound card Creative SB Live! started working, but I started getting 9/10 boots with Kernel Panic reboots and sometimes during work.

That's why I've decided to try Sierra, and here I don't have troubles with installing Clover on SSD and with Creative SB Live!.

send me ur full clover folder

Removal of this dsdt SATA and SAT1 in the _DSM method can sleep normally, but can not wake up.

u need some tests ;)

• Like 1

i think we need wait clover team, if u have a correct patches and fail, need wait

I don't know what patches I need.

On Sierra sleep and wake is working fine.

On High Sierra everything is working fine and seems to be smoother than Sierra except sleep.

Could you point me to some patches to try them?

• Like 1

I sent you PM with SendMe.zip

1- u dont need usbinjectall, ur usb work native with a simple patches

2- try dont apply video patch in DSDT, try with a InjectNvidia

2- let the clover generate P and C States, dont need add it in tables

• Like 1

1- u dont need usbinjectall, ur usb work native with a simple patches

2- try dont apply video patch in DSDT, try with a InjectNvidia

2- let the clover generate P and C States, dont need add it in tables

1. I know but I have an usb card reader which wakes up from sleep with native drivers, only fix I found is usbinjectall(that was on sierra where sleep works).

2. I'll try that.

3. I don't know about that...

Could you modify my clover folder and send back? I don't know how to do step 3.

• Like 1

I just tried and I get a weird kp.

lat clover version?

press O key in Clover boot screen, go to Acpi Patching/DSDT Name and put DSDT02.aml

UPDATE FIRST POST

-Clover Folder

-Kexts

-New Run_me.app

• Like 1

lat clover version?

press O key in Clover boot screen, go to Acpi Patching/DSDT Name and put DSDT02.aml

UPDATE FIRST POST

-Clover Folder

-Kexts

-New Run_me.app

Yes latest clover.

I don't think I can boot without my dsdt.

I'll try with your post and see.

Edit: I can't boot with post clover without dsdt.

If I use post clover with my dsdt I can boot but the sleep still not working.

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n I have one more to look at.  Asus Maximus Formula Bios conversion to Rampage Formula, X38 chipset LGA775.   Only issue is system wakes to black screen.  Once it wakes fans rev for a second and goes to black screen.

Files attached!

The Asus MB still wakes to black screen.  When I wake I hear the fans rev for a couple of seconds and the screen remains black.  You have the logs etc is this something that just cannot be fixed with a DSDT or clover?  Everything works great with the clover config in the send me files so do I really need a DSDT?

• Like 1

The Asus MB still wakes to black screen.  When I wake I hear the fans rev for a couple of seconds and the screen remains black.  You have the logs etc is this something that just cannot be fixed with a DSDT or clover?  Everything works great with the clover config in the send me files so do I really need a DSDT?

ich7, ich8, ich9 and ich10, clover solve all, just use patches in ACPI tab in config.plist

generic, but work good

@MaLd0n I downloaded your post clover, updated it to latest clover and tried almost every patches combinations, it's impossible to boot without dsdt, I get the same weird kp.

I don't know what patch I did to DSDT to fix this, it was few months ago, or maybe it was already included, I downloaded the dsdt from the internet and patched it a lot to make everything work correctly.

• Like 1

@MaLd0n I downloaded your post clover, updated it to latest clover and tried almost every patches combinations, it's impossible to boot without dsdt, I get the same weird kp.

I don't know what patch I did to DSDT to fix this, it was few months ago, or maybe it was already included, I downloaded the dsdt from the internet and patched it a lot to make everything work correctly.

is a HPET fix

Use NullCpuPM kext to avoid it

• Like 1