[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

MaLd0n hi from sunny Greece,

I've been trying to get this to work, but I get a blinking cursor right when the USB starts to load. It gets stuck there. I have an ASUS P5W64 Pro with a Intel Core 2 Duo LGA 775. I have tried both AHCI and Standard IDE, and also I tried adding the boot folders both to the root of the Install High Sierra usb stick, as well as using clover configurator with the EFI mount and pasting your Clover folder there. Still no go. Any ideas?

Always with regards,

Nikos

• Like 1

MaLd0n hi from sunny Greece,

I've been trying to get this to work, but I get a blinking cursor right when the USB starts to load. It gets stuck there. I have an ASUS P5W64 Pro with a Intel Core 2 Duo LGA 775. I have tried both AHCI and Standard IDE, and also I tried adding the boot folders both to the root of the Install High Sierra usb stick, as well as using clover configurator with the EFI mount and pasting your Clover folder there. Still no go. Any ideas?

Always with regards,

Nikos

what ur core2duo?

hello again MaLdOn....all seems well here now, except shutdown/restart....sleep is now working...appears to be be true sleep

com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.sleepwake.type

com.apple.message.signature: Normal Sleep

com.apple.message.signature2: Software Sleep

com.apple.message.signature3: UserActivity Assertion

com.apple.message.signature4: UserActivity Assertion

com.apple.message.result: pass

com.apple.message.summarize: YES

... computer goes into standby mode...wake up with power button, or two USB mouse clicks....is there any fix possible for shutdown/restart?

• Like 1

hello again MaLdOn....all seems well here now, except shutdown/restart....sleep is now working...appears to be be true sleep

com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.sleepwake.type

com.apple.message.signature: Normal Sleep

com.apple.message.signature2: Software Sleep

com.apple.message.signature3: UserActivity Assertion

com.apple.message.signature4: UserActivity Assertion

com.apple.message.result: pass

com.apple.message.summarize: YES

... computer goes into standby mode...wake up with power button, or two USB mouse clicks....is there any fix possible for shutdown/restart?

DSDT ;)

• Like 1

Okay maldon, just to be safe I figured I would post all the things again.

The file Sean's 775 iMac is the I/O Reg. And the file Send me Sean's 775 iMac is the Run me file. Also attached is my clover folder. 

Motherboard: Maximus Formula II

Cpu: Xeon x5470

GPU: Geforce 8400 GS 

Sean’s 775 iMac.zip

Send me Sean’s 775 iMac.zip

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

Okay maldon, just to be safe I figured I would post all the things again.

The file Sean's 775 iMac is the I/O Reg. And the file Send me Sean's 775 iMac is the Run me file. Also attached is my clover folder. 

Motherboard: Maximus Formula II

Cpu: Xeon x5470

GPU: Geforce 8400 GS 

run it and send me file(test for me)

RunMe.app.zip

• Like 1

okay I think it did this right.  At the end of the script that runs it goes to close I/O reg and asks me if I want to save, do I save changes? I clicked don't save.

ioreg looks good ;)

I/O reg and asks me if I want to save, do I save changes? I clicked don't save.

thx, i'll check it

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n,

You helped me with an earlier revision of a Gigabyte mobo, a few months ago.  Working pretty well!

Now I'd like to get my slightly newer system (same motherboard model, one revision newer) up and running on Sierra.

Hardware details: 

EP45-UD3P v1.6 Motherboard (the one we did a few months back was v1.1)

Q9400 CPU

12GB of RAM

"9800 GTX+" GPU

Additional 

BCM94331CD Airport Extreme card in a PCI-E adapter for WiFi/Handoff/Continuity

Had trouble getting to the Clover screen when using the 'Standard' Clover Install. So I tried a couple of options, until I could get to the Clover menu (any tips on which Options to check in the Clover Installer would help remove potential problems).  

Then I installed Sierra per your instructions, but Sierra would not quite boot.  So I removed a few non-essential kexts/drivers and updated Lilu.kext and then it booted fine.  

Ran the utils, and here we are!

If you can help with the DSDT that would be great!  And any pointer to the 'best options' for the newer version (current) of Clover Installer would be helpful.

Thanks!

ACPI_origin_folder_from_Asteroids’s_Mac_Pro_EP45-UD3P_v1.6.zip

Asteroids’s_Mac_Pro_EP45-UD3P_v1.6.zip

Send me_Asteroids’s_Mac_Pro_EP45-UD3P_v1.6.zip

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n,

You helped me with an earlier revision of a Gigabyte mobo, a few months ago.  Working pretty well!

Now I'd like to get my slightly newer system (same motherboard model, one revision newer) up and running on Sierra.

Hardware details: 

EP45-UD3P v1.6 Motherboard (the one we did a few months back was v1.1)

Q9400 CPU

12GB of RAM

"9800 GTX+" GPU

Additional 

BCM94331CD Airport Extreme card in a PCI-E adapter for WiFi/Handoff/Continuity

Had trouble getting to the Clover screen when using the 'Standard' Clover Install. So I tried a couple of options, until I could get to the Clover menu (any tips on which Options to check in the Clover Installer would help remove potential problems).  

Then I installed Sierra per your instructions, but Sierra would not quite boot.  So I removed a few non-essential kexts/drivers and updated Lilu.kext and then it booted fine.  

Ran the utils, and here we are!

If you can help with the DSDT that would be great!  And any pointer to the 'best options' for the newer version (current) of Clover Installer would be helpful.

Thanks!

Send me new ioreg after reboot

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

Okay, installed into EFI-->CLOVER-->ACPI-->patched.  Re-booted.

Here is the new IOReg file.

Booted quickly, Shutdown (apparantly properly).  It slept, but when I pushed the Power Button to wake, it tried for ~30 to 40 seconds, then re-booted.  I could wake it with USB keyboard.

Otherwise, most things looked pretty good (after some fairly quick testing).  I'll give the Logs a look.

Thanks again, let me know what you see.   :)

Asteroids’s_Mac_Pro_EP45-UD3P_v1.6__After_First_DSDT_Installed.zip

• Like 1

Okay, installed into EFI-->CLOVER-->ACPI-->patched.  Re-booted.

Here is the new IOReg file.

Booted quickly, Shutdown (apparantly properly).  It slept, but when I pushed the Power Button to wake, it tried for ~30 to 40 seconds, then re-booted.  I could wake it with USB keyboard.

Otherwise, most things looked pretty good (after some fairly quick testing).  I'll give the Logs a look.

Thanks again, let me know what you see.   :)

looks goos

test usb ports, run geekbench...

Everything working great here.  DSDT from your DSDT Library I kept from a long time ago.  Both Gigabyte EP45-UD3P and Asus Maximus Formula Bios conversion to Rampage Formula X38 chipset.  Only one snag when I shutdown fans still turn, everything before Sierra was fine.  I just installed 10.13.3 and both running EVGA GT210 GFX cards.  Shutdown fix already built into DSDT.

• Like 1

send me files

I can send EFI, ioreg and logs to you later tonight I packed it away ready to go to work now.  I will also make sure to run command at clover boot to extract ACPI into EFI.  Do you still have that script I can run to get all the files you need, I think Rehabman has one I'll look.

• Like 1