JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD Install discussion

Meltro

551 posts in this topic

It seems to work for me. The initial boot process had an error of no root device, then it start to install. Finished ok and it all seems to be working. Have no apps on it at the mo, but everthing seems to be there. I have a sapphire x1600xt and QE/CI is enabled but have mouse tearing and cannot increase the display size with in system preferences. Seems pretty fast. Used the Semtex kernel

Blinking cursor troubles - here is an older solution (quote from JaS) for this situation for a different install.

"boot the install dvd into the installer and go to utilities --> terminal and click it

the terminal will open and type this in

Bless -mount /Volumes/yourosxpartition/ -setBoot (case sensitive)

where yourosxpartiiton is the name you gave to the partition you installed os x onto."

Blinking cursor seems to be a semthex problem, try reinstalling with mifki

oki i am gonna install it from another macosx installation to another partition...

installing it running osinstall.mpkg uding a vmware installation to physical drive (containing the old 10.4.8)...

let us see...

If i hose it, well tough :sorcerer:

Does not work with ATI/ATA motherboard (SB400 )... looks like "waiting for root device" is back, JAS PPF please.

That's odd, on the ISO there is an ATI kext for ATI and nforce controllers (don't know if it's ZappaDocs, but it's definately there).

Blinking cursor troubles - here is an older solution (quote from JaS) for this situation for a different install.

"boot the install dvd into the installer and go to utilities --> terminal and click it

the terminal will open and type this in

where yourosxpartiiton is the name you gave to the partition you installed os x onto."

Will it be fixed after that or do we have to do it via the dvd every reboot?

booting from dvd was not possible in vmware for me -kernel panic- (i can boot using dvd 10.4.6 and .7 though). I have to do it through vmware because my dvdrw drive is not recognised by osx...

still installing with osinstall.mpkg...

Got it down, unfortunatly I get the "Error loading Operating system" on reboot.

It's active, it's primary, it's formatted by installprogram.

Maybe it's a problem with my S-ATA. Just a quick question:

does it need to be installed to the first disk? I have windows on one disk

and usually have OS X on the second (have 2 HDD) I can't directly

make my S-ATA a primary master :sorcerer: Ah, shouldn't pester the thread

with these questions :gun:

Mm, won't work for me :blink:

I will try the Mifki kernel again..

How do I manage that ?

In the terminal in the installer type mach_kernel.mifki -v ?

Or won't that work ?

From previous 10.4.7 dvd repack by JaS to 10.4.8 update all working well...

Got the latest 10.4.8 (full) and burned at 1x...resulting boot fails in normal mode, -v, -s.

I even attempted booting using only 1 cpu as previously suggested for osx86 installs.

Nothing worked. While in OSX86 10.4.8 (updated) I insert the DVD and can read it just fine.

I am pretty sure I'm doing something wrong and it's not the dvd.

At any rate I'd like to take this post and time to thank: Semthex, JaS, and the rest of the developers and testers.

Excellent communal effort and hard work! 10x thanks! :blink:

mm... this new jas 10.4.8 dvd doesnt work on Ds3/Ds4 (intel p965) and with jas 10.4.7 dvd everything works.

with jas 10.4.8 dvd; it boot to grey apple logo screen, then the dvd stops and doesnt load afterward. it just show error logo.

with jas 10.4.7 dvd; everything works, it boot to installation screen and prefect.

Yup I cannot seem to get past the blinking cursor either.... even with

I can boot from DVD of course.

I'm also having that prob...

When I'm booting OSX from DVD (just let the countdown run and start osx), the computer gets in panic and reboots..

When I'm booting just normaly, I'm getting black screen with flashing cursors...

Thanks for the hard work on the kernel, but I need a little help with this..

CPU: E6600

Asus P5WDH