JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD Install discussion

Meltro

551 posts in this topic

which mainboard do you use ?

well, if you only have the ICH8 you must have slow HD rw-performance ?

60 on the HD test in xbench, not terrible

Ok so it seems that you all have a different md5 some then me.I would guess the torrent got poisoned by the 5 fake seeds.That is out of my control.

before any of you start to {censored} about downloading the dvd , I wasted a lot more time making it and trying to get it out to you.So f***ing save it.

I have to think about what to do next to try and clean up this God damned mess now.

i'm sorry...i for one am not upset, thank you JaS

If you are getting a MBR error/Stuffed partition, here is what worked for me:

1) I formatted with Actronix DD, set partition to active.

2) erased and crated an HFS+ partition w/ disk utility

3) installed 10.4.6

4) boot into it and set up a user account.

5) install 10.4.8 and choose upgrade ->Do not erase the 10.4.6 partition!!!

6) boots fine, network all good

I selected Mifki package, but during install (after BSD subsystem) it claims to be installing 10.4.8.jas.semthex -> go figure....

I try the 10.4.8 by Semthex kernel, it work perfect, great work boys.

Only small trouble with about this mac menu, it logout, and lack of knowledge for apply the Boris method for my x1600pro, ATINDRV.kext is not equal.

thousand thanks

Maybe the best way is to create a new seed for it (JaS) on another network, and only give the torrent to a handful of devs then they point to the damaged iso, and it will correct it, then slowly release it to the community by doing the same...

60 on the HD test in xbench, not terrible

60 on xbench are ok, but i did not see a working sata2 hd on the ICH8 with good rw-performance.

all guys with a ds3 in this forum have to use the onboard JMicron 363 with AHCI mode to get good rw-performance. ICH8 ist just terrible.

ok, we leave it by this. we won´t get off topic.

Guest bikedude880

I remember weeing 2 hash fails when I was downloading. I also mentioned in a previous post that the Essentials package was missing tftpboot. It sould be that this monster package (Essentials) is corrupt.

60 on xbench are ok, but i did not see a working sata2 hd on the ICH8 with good rw-performance.

all guys with a ds3 in this forum have to use the onboard JMicron 363 with AHCI mode to get good rw-performance. ICH8 ist just terrible.

ok, we leave it by this. we won´t get off topic.

I have a Biostar Tforce board, and I set it to AHCI. PM me if you need more info.

I booted the install DVD with no problem. Used the included Disk Utility to erase my existing 3rd partition on my primary hard drive. Installed 10.4.8 with no problems. Rebooted using existing Acronis bootloader and went through the setup. Using Semthex kernel.

JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE3.Only.Install.DVD.iso MD5=36463658aff360345550fd6245645831

About this Mac crashes.

iCal broken - copied new one from Combo update

No AppleAzaliaAudio.kext. Copied one over from older installation.

Added fsb to boot.plist

Added my Broadcom wireless device id to the Broadcom kext.

Ran the Neo ATI x1x00 installer

For those who are installing 10.4.8 as the only OS on a hard drive. You can't partition the hard drive using Disk Utility on the install DVD. It doesn't set up the MBR partition scheme that BIOS needs. First you should format the whole hard drive as FAT32 using a Windows/Linux utility. Then, during the install, erase the primary partition (displayed below the hard drive in Disk Utility) as MacOS Extended Journaled.

Guest bikedude880
It is very easy to correct while you keep away from those fake seeders. One needs to be as client and you as server, and the client will use u as blue print and correct its file...

The problem is that we don't know who has the correct file right now (besides JaS). I know for a fact that the beginning portion and end portion of the file is correct, but that the beginning middle of it is corrupted. Once I get home I am going to rebuild the Essentials package and drop it into the DVD and see what happens.