JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD Install discussion

Meltro

551 posts in this topic

Installed without a problem, but have to boot from the DVD, how can i fix this?

Hello, same here, Installation without any Problems, but still need the DVD to boot.

has Anyone tested the Restart?

Still have problem, that no Restart with both new Kernels.

Only Blue Screen with Spinning Wheel...

Rene

Aopen i945Gtm-VHL with Yonah 1.66, Intel 945GT.

UPDATE: Repair damaged Booting with the DVD 10.4.6 JAS Install DVD, so went back to 10.4.7, and wait for a working DVD.

Thanks JAS for Your work here..

Seems that the Disc Utility of 10.4.8.DVD is broken nd damage the Partitiontable of HDD.

Booted the DVD with option mach_kernel.mifki

1. installed without problem

2. error with some Intel kext on first boot (EDIT: it's /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel915.kext)

3. damaged file iCal.app, not possible to launch

4. About this Mac crashes like everyone's do

5. No QE/CI

----

But there's an error in item names/descripts.

In installer, you can choose mifki's or semthex's kernel right?

But see the description! It's written that mifkis for SSE2 and semthex's for SSE3. Now I don't know if this is a bad description, or the kernel names are wrong.

I've checked mifki's kernel though event if it says it's for SSE2. I don't know how to find out if my system's on mifki's kernel or semthex's kernel now. I've booted with fsb=333 option so I guess it's mifki's one and only the descripts are bad.

E6300, AsRock 945G-DVI

It installed up to 100% copied files, writting package receipts, then it said "there were installation errors, please try and re-install". anyways I am repairing permissions now, they seem pretty messed up, and will reboot to see if i got it...

Just got my system up and running using the semthex kernel. same problem with my ical. my ethernet isn;t working yet, as well as my alc882 audio. about this mac doesn;t show me anything in the hardware section, don;t know if that's normal or not. and my 7600GT isn't recognised. oh, and i have to boot from dvd as well

Installed without problems using Semthex kernel.

Added AppleAzalia and now sound works.

Everything works very well except QE/CI in GMA900. Any suggestion?

New kernel seems much better than the old kernel.

THANKS AGAIN JaS, Semthex and Vitality.

You are great!!!

Well install went ok for me straight forward just like every other dvd before seems after reboot tho i got missing files system lol but i can boot if i select to boot from dvd and let timer run out os boot fines no biggy there problem no.2 tho seems to log out and back in when i select about this mac just the way it does with 10.4.7 on amd prob no.3 ical was damaged or not installed proper so i deleted and reinstalled from the dvd no is ok so apart from a couple of little hitches its great well done fellas and as for compatibilty on other threads elsewhere i was askin about appleworks and games from macjoy company bcos they stopped workin before well now they all work again excellenty and i also installed neophus installer pkg 3.5 works brill to nice one neophus as i said apart from those couple wee hicups its brabd new :D

Oops forgot i used aemthex kernel

I have tried several installations on two different machines. All intel processors (Pentiium 4 and Pentium-D)... Intel 945GTP boards...

The install gets through "Checking your Installation DVD" and then give me a "there were installation errors... please reboot" message...

It seems alot of us are getting this error...

What do we do?

While JaS DVDs 10.4.6 and 10.4.7 worked fine with VMware, with this DVD I get a kernel stack error leading to a CPU reset, this error occurs just when switching from text mode ( I booted with the -s option in order to try to understand) to graphic mode : grey screen with the apple.

So I was unable to begin the install.

any tip would be welcome.