[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Been following this thread closely and managed to get my t470s system on 10.14.3 quite easily with the files from 1st post and a few edits for my system.

Items still having issue on

- battery percentage not reading correctly. Shows in menu bar ok but false read (0%)

- Screen brightness 

- backlight

Tried to do some patching myself but totally borked machine :) pays to do incremental back ups.

Attached problem reporting files - may I ask those in the know with more knowledge than myself to take a look an offer any advice / point in the right direction? t470s is a solid machine and believe only a bit of fine tuning is required.

debug_1146.zip

Many thanks

Edited by Dan_Marshall

On 1/24/2019 at 10:41 PM, tluck said:

@aleixsr

darn. thought i did this already - but i just cleaned up the clean/wake scripts to remove the kextunload - this is not needed.

in fact you can decide if you need to totally remove the /etc/rc.sleep /etc/rc.wake scripts.

but for now just remove the kextunload/kextload lines in these files: /etc/rc.sleep /etc/rc.wake

Yeah, it is now working fine!

Thank you very much.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:00 AM, Blaggah said:

Thanks tluck, i took your advice and i managed to run patched the dsdt on my x1 and i deleted all the other ssdt in patched folder. I don't know what codec it is, but im assuming it's the same for the T470. Because it uses the same layout id as my x1 carbon 4th gen. Now the lappy doesn't seem to lag.. Now my audio is working but screen brightness doesn't seem to be working anymore. I only have DSDT.aml in patched folder now.. Do i need the PLNF ssdt in there as well?  Because it was working prior to removing the files and patched dsdt.

Hi Blaggah, I have a question for you but first: hats off to you tluck, for setting all of this up and persisting to help all us mortals without even having the hardware available anymore!

So, the question, Blaggah: I also have a X1C4 and have everything working quite nicely but in terms of audio all I have is speakers and headphone working proper. Microphone does not work, neither internally nor externally. Can you please confirm that your statement 'audio is working' also covers the microphone? I have tried the EFI you posted and with that, on my machine, audio only works for output.

Apart from the audio, everything is very smooth. The X1 is a very nice machine; I triple boot it from the NVMe SSD (MacOS, Win10, Ubuntu). The looks on people's faces...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrDude said:

Hi Blaggah, I have a question for you but first: hats off to you tluck, for setting all of this up and persisting to help all us mortals without even having the hardware available anymore!

So, the question, Blaggah: I also have a X1C4 and have everything working quite nicely but in terms of audio all I have is speakers and headphone working proper. Microphone does not work, neither internally nor externally. Can you please confirm that your statement 'audio is working' also covers the microphone? I have tried the EFI you posted and with that, on my machine, audio only works for output.

Apart from the audio, everything is very smooth. The X1 is a very nice machine; I triple boot it from the NVMe SSD (MacOS, Win10, Ubuntu). The looks on people's faces...

I can confirm that on my T470, audio in, from built in mic, and from a USB headset work fine. I have done a number of internation WebEX meetings with zero issues. 

I am injecting 11, 

<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <integer>11</integer>
        </dict>

Cheers,

Scott.

Thanks kolodzieski! Unfortunately us X1C4 owners have a very exotic audio chip, a CX20753/4, not a ALC3268 like in a T470. Only layout id 3 and 21 is supported, with 21 for some exotic LG laptop.

That said, I have made the most peculiar progress. I picked up my rusty programming skills and compiled AppleALC myself. As a starting point I have simply copied the layout 3 configuration files to another layout id (I picked 77) and added that to AppleALC and my config. I figured I'd fiddle with the copy to try to get the mic working. Surprise, surprise: it works without any fiddling. I wish I understood, but I totally don't. I have some learning to do ;-) 

Yes I can confirm that my audio is fully working. Funny thing is, the mic didn’t work after I finished it. And it came to me as a surprise when I went to try and make FaceTime call. I really don’t remember what I did to make it work because the mic wasn’t doing anything. Oh I remember now, in order to make the mic work, you have to enable a Bluetooth device to it first, and then switch to the internal Mic and it should work. At least thats what worked for me. Try it and let me know. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Blaggah, that does sound exactly like what I am experiencing. I don't think I have any BT microphone or headset in the house so I'll have to try and buy or borrow one some way. As I said, with the hack I pulled it is kind of working already but I'd prefer to use the mainstream AppleALC, of course.

Update: not all is well, with the hack I lose line in and out...

Edited by DrDude

Thanks Blaggah, that does sound exactly like what I am experiencing. I don't think I have any BT microphone or headset in the house so I'll have to try and buy or borrow one some way. As I said, with the hack I pulled it is kind of working already but I'd prefer to use the mainstream AppleALC, of course.

Did you use my dsdt as well? If you have the same same specs as mine, all should as mine does. Make sure to fix permissions and clear cache if you've made any experiments with some other kexts inside S/L/E.

Did you use my dsdt as well? If you have the same same specs as mine, all should as mine does. Make sure to fix permissions and clear cache if you've made any experiments with some other kexts inside S/L/E.

Tried with my car kit, and yes, I can awaken the microphone by switching to a bluetooth mic and then switching back to the mike, but unfortunately that does not last through a reset cycle. The line in does not get activated that way. Anyway, the line in does not seem to autoswitch when I insert the plug anyway, while the headphones do, so perhaps it is supposed to be line in from a docking station or so.

The behaviour with the bluetooth suggests the microphone circuitry needs to be woken up in some way. I'll do some digging into this over the next period, learn a bit about codeccommander etc.

Blaggah: yes, I used your EFI including the DSDT (also, almost lost my working iMessage over that as I had just copied and was not attentive to replacing the SMBIOS). It works, but the audio is the same, and the trackpoint action becomes extremely jittery.

Tried with my car kit, and yes, I can awaken the microphone by switching to a bluetooth mic and then switching back to the mike, but unfortunately that does not last through a reset cycle. The line in does not get activated that way. Anyway, the line in does not seem to autoswitch when I insert the plug anyway, while the headphones do, so perhaps it is supposed to be line in from a docking station or so.

The behaviour with the bluetooth suggests the microphone circuitry needs to be woken up in some way. I'll do some digging into this over the next period, learn a bit about codeccommander etc.

Blaggah: yes, I used your EFI including the DSDT (also, almost lost my working iMessage over that as I had just copied and was not attentive to replacing the SMBIOS). It works, but the audio is the same, and the trackpoint action becomes extremely jittery.

Ahhh I see. Well maybe mine could possibly be the same as I never did further testing passed to it working. I have multiple machines so I don’t use that x1 like that. I’ll do so testing later on today and see.

Ahhh I see. Well maybe mine could possibly be the same as I never did further testing passed to it working. I have multiple machines so I don’t use that x1 like that. I’ll do so testing later on today and see.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @tluck !! Thanks for your job!!

Im get install Mojave or High Sierra in my Lenovo Thinkpad E470. But the problem is keyboard, the types key ? and / not work ...

Are you could help me? My DSDT maybe is not correct (because im use many others files Fromm others forums) and im wish a great help to you!! 

If you could help me im. appreciate!!!

CLOVER.Max.1974-Lenovo.ThinkPad.E470.zip

Edited by max.1974

9 hours ago, max.1974 said:

Hi @tluck !! Thanks for your job!!

Im get install Mojave or High Sierra in my Lenovo Thinkpad E470. But the problem is keyboard, the types key ? and / not work ...

Are you could help me? My DSDT maybe is not correct (because im use many others files Fromm others forums) and im wish a great help to you!! 

If you could help me im. appreciate!!!

CLOVER.Max.1974-Lenovo.ThinkPad.E470.zip

Have you tried to change the keyboard layout?

7 minutes ago, carlinyos said:

Have you tried to change the keyboard layout?

Hi my friend!! Thanks for reply. Im try many layouts, but even on Windows, when reinstall it, need .bat files to get some keys working...im not know but its necessary put in DSDT, I guess.

Feel people have knowledge about it... any suggestion? Thanks !!!!

Hello! I'm having some problems with keyboard configuration. Without your dsdt touchpad works perfect but buttons do not while trackpoint is not smooth at all. If I use your ssdt, trackpoint and buttons are ok but trackpad Is Jumpy at moderate Speed... While it is ok at slow speed . Is there any explanation on various settings I can use? Can I just copy default settings from trackpad and use them in your ssdt? Is possible to configure use of your conf without ssdt? Thanks !!!

• Like 1

Hi @rochi im resolve parcial this issue, add a new layout keyboard English 105 keys (alt), so the keyboard recognize the key ? and /.

Just fine to me, but im need use my Brazilian keyboard first, so im use UK Keyboard only im need use this keys.

For install it, you need unzip files on Library/Keyboard Layouts and in System Preferences>Keyboard>Layout Keyboard> add + >other (last menu) and choice 105 (alt).

Im hope help you!!

:thumbsup_anim:   

LAYOUT TECLADO UK 105 MACOS.zip

Edited by max.1974
  • Like 1

I am using the v2019.1.24 release for my Lenovo T460 and everything is working. However, when I saw the kexts loaded, X86PlatformPlugin doesn't seem to be loaded but ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin. The laptop is otherwise running smooth. 

Is this the correct behavior or something is missing. I did generate and using my own DSDTs using the included DSDT.T460 package.

Hi @tluck

Please see my above message. Yesterday the x86platformplugin was not loaded. However today when I checked, x86platformplugin is loaded.

Then when I checked the available SSDTs from MaciASL, I see that there were two entries for CpuSsdt. One is the OEM version and other one is from your DSDT.T460 package. See the screenshot below.

Could that be the reason for the random behavior for x86platformplugin. I see that DropOem=false in your config.plist. If this is the problem, how can I remove only this CpuSsdt? 

1543860505_ScreenShot2019-02-19at11_24_43PM.thumb.png.dd092c4a9b526220cd5ee761e6b0fc57.png

Nope. I'm confused. I see this in System Report which suggests that X86PlatformPlugin is not loaded. But then IORegistryViewer Shows X86PlatformPlugin properly attached to CPU0. What is correct?

1489053080_ScreenShot2019-02-19at11_37_46PM.thumb.png.d061476adaf2a29b3aaa44f358d1e604.png

Edited by nijhawank

Reporting back on the CX20753 audio issues on X1 Carbon: I have speakers, headphones, and mic working now, using a patched AppleALC found in this post: link with layout id 22 (not present yet in the official release). Apparently the P40 Yoga has similar issues, so the fix for the P40 also fixes the X1C4. The one thing I could not test successfully is the line in mic. The patched AppleALC does remove the fixed 'line in' that I saw on other versions, and now it does auto switch from 'Internal Microphone' to 'Audio Line In' when I insert a headset, but upon that the headset's mic does not work.

On 2/20/2019 at 9:51 AM, nijhawank said:

anybody ???

if you see plugin-type =1 and X86PlatformPlugin on CPU0 you should be ok

you should see something like this on the commandline

$ ioreg -l|grep plugin-type
    | | |   "plugin-type" = 1
    | | |   |   "IOParentMatch" = {"IOPropertyMatch"={"plugin-type"=1},"IOProviderClass"="IOACPIPlatformDevice"}

$ ioreg -l|grep CPUPSta
    | | |   |   "CPUPStates" = ({"Frequency"=3800,"PState"=0},{"Frequency"=3700,"PState"=1},{"Frequency"=3600,"PState"=2},{"Frequency"=3500,"PState"=3},{"Frequency"=3400,"PState"=4},{"Frequency"=3300,"PState"=5},{"Frequency"=3200,"PState"=6},{"Frequency"=3100,"PState"=7},{"Frequency"=3000,"PState"=8},{"Frequency"=2900,"PState"=9},{"Frequency"=2800,"PState"=10},{"Frequency"=2700,"PState"=11},{"Frequency"=2600,"PState"=12},{"Frequency"=2500,"PState"=13},{"Frequency"=2400,"PState"=14},{"Frequency"=2300,"PState"=15},{"Frequency"=2200,"PState"=16},{"Frequency"=2100,"PState"=17},{"Frequency"=2000,"PState"=18},{"Frequency"=1900,"PState"=19},{"Frequency"=1800,"PState"=20},{"Frequency"=1700,"PState"=21},{"Frequency"=1600,"PState"=22},{"Frequency"=1500,"PState"=23},{"Frequency"=1400,"PState"=24},{"Frequency"=1300,"PState"=25},{"Frequency"=1200,"PState"=26},{"Frequency"=1100,"PState"=27},{"Frequency"=1000,"PState"=28},{"Frequency"=900,"PState"=29},{"Frequency"=800,"PState"=30})

$ kextstat|grep -i x86
  110    1 0xffffff7f827d4000 0x17000    0x17000    com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin (1.0.0) C8EB8538-6D03-3B0A-99E4-BEF44E1A97A7 <109 91 23 14 12 8 7 6 5 3 1>
  156    1 0xffffff7f827eb000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.driver.X86PlatformShim (1.0.0) B69E0EB3-0C17-3332-A4DB-B06FEAD4713E <110 109 14 8 5 3>