New JaS DVD

mifki

427 posts in this topic

I'm getting crazy d/l of 300-400kb's. (JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE3.Only.Install.DVD) I realize this ISO has been sabatoged. This "acts like" a major server providing this ISO which makes me suspicious due to such sustained speeds and no dropoffs. PG2 wasn't picking up any major network blocks. Weird. Thats too bad. Your work is appreciated jaS and it looks like the fix is being tested as we speak through IRC.

OzOSX86

We have been sabotage they are Fake Seeder ...according to JaS

Is it M$ or Apple

Geez, my iso completed ok sometime last night. I left it to burn this morning. Guess I'll know when I get home whether it works.... I'll be more than a little bummed if it doesn't and are dare I sound like a broken record but...we wouldn't have had that worry if it were on Usenet.

BTW, why would my version suddenly be sabotaged if I started with the correct torrent from demonoid the other day when it came out, simply titled 10.4.8 nothing else?? Never heard of having a torrent taken over or hi-jacked but as I see JaS says it was 'poisoned' by fake seeders... Guess I'll get to check mine soon enough...

I'm getting crazy d/l of 300-400kb's. This "acts like" a major server providing this ISO which makes me suspicious due to such sustained speeds and no dropoffs.

Thats normal, I'm still showing 1007 seeds :P

Sabotaged or not, people are still pumping it out. :)

hot off the presses, JaS is fixing a few new bugs and releasing a new 10.4.8 build soon on a private tracker for testing and distrubtion. he was orrigionally working on a patch for the corrupted dvds, but decided that it would be better to simply reseed the entire dvd. the new dvd will be based off 10.4.4 with update packages included to bring it up to 10.4.8

the new kernel WILL be included, according to Jas, there won't be any differences between the orrigional dvd and the new dvd in the final operating system they create.

one again, i'd recommend that everyone stop seeding the current dvd, you're only helping to spread a file that is corrupt.

i'd recommend that everyone stop seeding the current dvd, you're only helping to spread a file that is corrupt.

There is nothing wrong with the copy I have, and I seed to 1.0 on all torrents :D

The DVD is fine on my end, and it helped in giving me a full 10.4.8 install :2cents:

Thanks again JaS :dev:

Did your MD5 match Jas's?

I didn't check it :D

It burned fine, runs fine and I can read and copy files from it, I have no reason to believe there is any thing wrong with my download :dev:

I cant install off it, but that is not a fault of the DVD or the download :2cents:

PS. I hit 1.0 and deleted the torrent.

What?? Sabotaged? Gizz... Anyway, my copy is fine, it booted, it verified ok, it installed, but couldn't get GMA900 working. Repaired the permission on the 3 files (chmod'ed AppleIntel915.kext,AppleIntel915GA.kext, and AppleIntelGLDriver.bundle) and all i get is screwed up gfx . In 16 bit is ok but no QE/CI. I even tried with the driver from 10.4.7 Jas DVD. The same.

P.S. mikfi kernel rocks hard! Extremely fast!

I was able to use my download to do an install. There was a problem with the partition that is created by the included Disk Utility. I've been using a third party utility to switch the boot flag to the appropriate partition.

Other than that:

Broadcom 440x NIC - Not Working

Intel Wireless 3945 a/b/g - Not Working (wasn't expecting it)

ATI Mobility X1400 - 1024x768 only (No QE/CI)

Sigmatel 9200 - (device id 7290) not working

However About is working, some have reported that it is not.

BTW - This is the first time I have used a "Mac" since Apple IIe and Oregon Trail. If you know of a fix for the problems mentioned above (or know a third party utility I can use to make the partition to avoid the boot problems) please let me know. Harry938 at hotmail.com

EDIT: About was reporting my proc as a Core Duo 2.13 GHz even though I have a 2.0 GHz. I did not adjust any FSB settings.

Helllllp! Having done the right thing and purchased Tiger, I am now wondering if I can now apply a platch to an extracted iso of it to turn it into Jas's install DVD?

I have tried downloading 10.4.7 and each time I try (downloaded it 5 times) and try and extract the iso from the Rar file, I got a message from both Rar Expander and Stuffit that the archive contained in said Rar file is broken :(

I should add that I'm downloading with a Mac Mini and not onto a hard drive partitioned as Fat32.

Having done the right thing and purchased Tiger, I am now wondering if I can now apply a platch to an extracted iso of it to turn it into Jas's install DVD?

No.

I have tried downloading 10.4.7 and each time I try (downloaded it 5 times) and try and extract the iso from the Rar file, I got a message from both Rar Expander and Stuffit that the archive contained in said Rar file is broken :sorcerer:

You want the 10.4.7 "repack" iso.

I should add that I'm downloading with a Mac Mini and not onto a hard drive partitioned as Fat32.

Doesn't matter what you download it to. Matters what you install it to.

so ya, my CD burns fine and my iso files seem ok, it just refuses to boot in VMware or natively. Im thinking i could just run the Mifki Kernel installer package off the cd and it should work. or would that just kill my install. do i need to do like someone had mentioned and start the apple update, but before the re-boot put the kernel in?

Thank you Rammjet

Quote: You want the 10.4.7 "repack" iso.

That is indeed the rar file to which I was referring. I tried downloading on another friend's Mac and the problem remains the same. Rar Expander and Stuffit say the iso file contained in said Rar file is broken. Six times download and no joy. Tried moving the file to a PC and using the latest build of Winrar. No joy. There is a 4gig file limit on Fat32 formatted drives, which is why I mentioned it (edit, though I appreciate this particular Rar file is only 2.9gigs and isos really don't really compact down when put in a Rar container, but worth the mention for those who, like me, wanted to download Jas's 4+gig 10.4.8 or the 10.4.6; I have Windows98 on one of my computers but downloaded via a Mac Mini). I have tried downloading with Bits On Wheels and Transmission (edit, and downloading via various sites). Someone suggested the router might be the problem, though not why (?). A frustrating experience. Anyone else had this problem? Any thoughts welcome. :)

Guys, Jas removed .torrent from green demon, and i'd like know if the .torrent than is circling at the web is safe for install at my production machine or if you would suggest me than, i wait Jas say anything about this? Or it release another DVD ?

was anyone able to install this on a external USB drive? with this 10.4.8? im trying to install it on my USB and getting "waiting for root device" error, it will not go pass grey apple screen -v shows "waiting for root device...the 10.4.6 dvd was able to find the USB drive fine and boots to installation