Build_Clover.command, another Script to build standard Clover (or customized)

Micky1979
2,126 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

As a matter of fact, I have no problem compiling the latest Clover revisions (r4472+) with the last suggested edk2 revision r27213. Unlike @SavageAUS and @Matgen84, I haven't got those issues and I tried even with clean folder (removed ~/src/edk2 folder).

Thanks no more issue. I also can compile now r4778

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

As a matter of fact, I have no problem compiling the latest Clover revisions (r4472+) with the last suggested edk2 revision r27213. Unlike @SavageAUS and @Matgen84, I haven't got those issues and I tried even with clean folder (removed ~/src/edk2 folder).

You'll need to be more specific....

r4472 adapted the patches to UDK2018 and broke compiling with EDK2 because of MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiBootManagerLib/BmDriverHealth.c.

In r4477, I removed (as obsolete) the patch to MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiBootManagerLib/BmDriverHealth.c so ebuild.sh should work again with EDK2.

There is still a difference in a 2nd file

MdeModulePkg/Universal/Variable/RuntimeDxe/Variable.c between the EDK2 and UDK2018, but the one which is currently checked in (r4481) and is adapted to UDK2018 - seems to work with EDK2 as well.  If you want a version adapted to EDK2 (r4481), it is found in attachement in my post.

So for now (r4481), the patches seem to work simultaneously with both UDK2018 and EDK2, with no guarantee they won't diverge in the future.

You need to start from clean folder of EDK2 or UDK2018 and reapply patches, because some were removed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zenith432 said:

@SavageAUS,@ Matget84:

错误是因为您正在使用EDK2而不是UDK2018进行构建

• 更新到r4479
  • 将  edk2树中的MdeModulePkg / Library / UefiBootManagerLib / BmDriverHealth.c从svn(或git)还原为原始。
  • 还原这里列出的其他5个文件
  • 将  Patches_for_EDK2 / MdeModulePkg / Universal / Variable / RuntimeDxe / Variable.c替换为附加到此文章的文件。
  • 将此修补程序应用于edk2树下的MdeModulePkg / Universal / Variable / RuntimeDxe / Variable.c。
  • 现在建立应该工作正常。

Variable.c.gz

Thanks @Zenith432

I have built and compiled r4481 successfull by this way, but will I need to restore these files every time I update the source?

28 minutes ago, athlonreg said:

Thanks @Zenith432

I have built and compiled r4481 successfull by this way, but will I need to restore these files every time I update the source?

No.  Just once.

30 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

Wasn't aware of that. r4481 is the version I tested with both EDK2 and UDK2018 and it works fine.

There is a code change between UDK2018 and EDK2 in Variable.c which is in RuntimeDxe only used with legacy Clover.  So at least with CloverGUI everything should work.  I haven't tested CloverEFI to see if this code change makes any difference.

11 minutes ago, Zenith432 said:

No.  Just once.

There is a code change between UDK2018 and EDK2 in Variable.c which is in RuntimeDxe only used with legacy Clover.  So at least with CloverGUI everything should work.  I haven't tested CloverEFI to see if this code change makes any difference.

@Zenith432OK,Thanks for your reply´◡`

1 hour ago, Zenith432 said:

So, since the changes in the patches folder are made with UDK2018 in mind, I assume UDK2018 is the preferred base for use with the Clover source, right?

4 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

So, since the changes in the patches folder are made with UDK2018 in mind, I assume UDK2018 is the preferred base for use with the Clover source, right?

According to @slice... at least it's what I think was intended.

I do not understand why there was a rebase for the patches to UDK2018, which is behind the EDK2 head... There will never be a change to that tag branch of EDK2, you can look and see that from previous releases they are never touched again. There is like a year between each tagged branch release, there will be significant changes over that time period which will make it much harder to rebase. Personally I think the patches need to gtfo, edk build mechanisms like library classes should be used instead. But whatever, I'm not sure I really care anymore, my health is complete {censored}.

• Like 2

IMHO updating EDK2 is a fight with windmiles. No matter what EDK2 developers will invent tomorrow we can compile Clover with old revision and the result is good. So why I will stay with UDK2018.

I want to ask script builders why we need these macros

ECP_SOURCE       = /Users/xxx/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EDK_SOURCE       = /Users/xxx/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EFI_SOURCE       = /Users/xxx/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
May be exclude them?

• Like 1

I get the following error:

Spoiler

================================================================================
Build_Clover script v4.8.4                                  No update available.
                             <--------------------------------------------------
================================================================================
By Micky1979 based on Slice, apianti, vit9696, Download Fritz, Zenith432,
STLVNUB, JrCs,cecekpawon, Needy, cvad, Rehabman, philip_petev, ErmaC

Supported OSes: macOS X, Ubuntu (16.04/16.10), Debian Jessie and Stretch
CLOVER    Remote revision: 4498    Local revision: 4498
EDK2    Remote revision: 27236    Local revision: 27213

The current local EDK2 revision is the suggested one (27213). 
Used settings: /Users/cyberdevs/BuildCloverConfig.txt 
Please enter your choice: 
 1) update Clover only (no building)
 2) update Clover + force edk2 update (no building)
 3) run my script on the source
 4) build existing revision (no update, for testing only)
 5) build existing revision for release (no update, standard build)
 6) build existing revision with custom macros enabled
 7) enter Developers mode (only for devs)
 8) Try Clover Configurator Pro.app
 9) edit the configuration file
 10) Exit
? 5

Select the desired architecture
     1) Standard x64 only
     2) ia32 and x64 (ia32 is deprecated)
     3) ia32 only (deprecated)
     4) Back to Main Menu
     5) Exit
? 1
Select the desired pkg type
     1) Standard
     2) slim pkg that skip themes and CloverThemeManager.app
     3) slim pkg that skip themes and CloverThemeManager.app, updater and PrefPanel
     4) slim pkg UEFI only, without RC Scripts, themes & CTM, updater and PrefPanel
     5) Back to Select architecture menu
     6) Exit
? 1
Running from: macOS 10.13.4
Xcode 9.3
Build version 9E145
Compiler settings
Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr --with-gxx-include-dir=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.13.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 9.1.0 (clang-902.0.39.1)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin17.5.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin
BUILDTOOL is XCODE8

nasm check:
NASM version 2.13.03 compiled on Feb  7 2018
gettext check:
found gettext at /Users/cyberdevs/src/opt/local/bin
mtoc check:
mtoc found in /Users/cyberdevs/src/opt/local/bin.

Loading previous configuration from /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Conf/BuildEnv.sh
WORKSPACE: /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2
EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/BaseTools
CONF_PATH: /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Conf
Build environment: Darwin-17.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Build start time: 15:35:48, May.24 2018

WORKSPACE        = /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2
ECP_SOURCE       = /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EDK_SOURCE       = /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EFI_SOURCE       = /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EDK_TOOLS_PATH   = /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/BaseTools
CONF_PATH        = /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Conf

Architecture(s)  = X64
Build target     = RELEASE
Toolchain        = XCODE8

Active Platform          = /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/AptioFixPkg/AptioFixPkg.dsc

Processing meta-data . done!
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiUsbLib/UefiUsbLib.inf [X64]
make: Nothing to be done for `tbuild'.
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiDriverEntryPoint/UefiDriverEntryPoint.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiHiiLib/UefiHiiLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiHiiServicesLib/UefiHiiServicesLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiRuntimeServicesTableLib/UefiRuntimeServicesTableLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiDevicePathLib/UefiDevicePathLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiMemoryAllocationLib/UefiMemoryAllocationLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePrintLib/BasePrintLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiBootServicesTableLib/UefiBootServicesTableLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseIoLibIntrinsic/BaseIoLibIntrinsic.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiApplicationEntryPoint/UefiApplicationEntryPoint.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseCpuLib/BaseCpuLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseRngLib/BaseRngLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/AptioFixPkg/Platform/AptioInputFix/AptioInputFix.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/AptioFixPkg/Application/CleanNvram/CleanNvram.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/AptioFixPkg/Application/VerifyMsrE2/VerifyMsrE2.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/AptioFixPkg/Platform/AptioMemoryFix/AptioMemoryFix.inf [X64]

- Done -
Build end time: 15:35:50, May.24 2018
Build total time: 00:00:02

boot6
TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/cyberdevs/src/opt/local
MTOC_PREFIX: /Users/cyberdevs/src/opt/local/bin/
NASM_PREFIX: /Users/cyberdevs/src/opt/local/bin/
NASM_VER: 2.13.03
Building from: /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2

Running edk2 build for CloverX64 using the command:
build  -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED --conf=/Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Conf -D USE_LOW_EBDA -p Clover/Clover.dsc  -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 9 

Build start time: 15:35:50, May.24 2018

Architecture(s)  = X64

Active Platform          = /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.dsc
Flash Image Definition   = /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.fdf

Processing meta-data .... done!
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseIoLibIntrinsic/BaseIoLibIntrinsic.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseReportStatusCodeLibNull/BaseReportStatusCodeLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePrintLib/BasePrintLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseCpuLib/BaseCpuLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/OpensslLib/OpensslLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiMemoryLib/UefiMemoryLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellDebug1CommandsLib/UefiShellDebug1CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellInstall1CommandsLib/UefiShellInstall1CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellDriver1CommandsLib/UefiShellDriver1CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellLevel3CommandsLib/UefiShellLevel3CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellLevel1CommandsLib/UefiShellLevel1CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellLevel2CommandsLib/UefiShellLevel2CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/DxeNetLib/DxeNetLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellBcfgCommandLib/UefiShellBcfgCommandLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellCommandLib/UefiShellCommandLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiHandleParsingLib/UefiHandleParsingLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellNetwork2CommandsLib/UefiShellNetwork2CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellNetwork1CommandsLib/UefiShellNetwork1CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellLib/UefiShellLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiApplicationEntryPoint/UefiApplicationEntryPoint.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiFileHandleLib/UefiFileHandleLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiUsbLib/UefiUsbLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiScsiLib/UefiScsiLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/VideoBiosPatchLib/VideoBiosPatchLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/MemLogLibDefault/MemLogLibDefault.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePciLibCf8/BasePciLibCf8.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePciCf8Lib/BasePciCf8Lib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/OsxBdsPlatformLib/PlatformBds.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/GenericBdsLib/GenericBdsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/LzmaCustomDecompressLib/LzmaCustomDecompressLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/CustomizedDisplayLib/CustomizedDisplayLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/DxePcdLib/DxePcdLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiBootManagerLib/UefiBootManagerLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiHiiLib/UefiHiiLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiSortLib/UefiSortLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/UefiHiiServicesLib/UefiHiiServicesLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/DxeSecurityManagementLib/DxeSecurityManagementLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/DxeCapsuleLibNull/DxeCapsuleLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/VarCheckUefiLib/VarCheckUefiLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/AuthVariableLibNull/AuthVariableLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/TpmMeasurementLibNull/TpmMeasurementLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/DxeServicesTableLib/DxeServicesTableLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseSynchronizationLib/BaseSynchronizationLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/VarCheckLib/VarCheckLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiRuntimeLib/UefiRuntimeLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiDriverEntryPoint/UefiDriverEntryPoint.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/DxeHobLib/DxeHobLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiMemoryAllocationLib/UefiMemoryAllocationLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/CpuExceptionHandlerLibNull/CpuExceptionHandlerLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/DebugAgentLibNull/DebugAgentLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/DxeServicesLib/DxeServicesLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/DuetTimerLib/DuetTimerLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/DxeExtractGuidedSectionLib/DxeExtractGuidedSectionLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePeCoffGetEntryPointLib/BasePeCoffGetEntryPointLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/VBoxPeCoffLib/VBoxPeCoffLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePerformanceLibNull/BasePerformanceLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseUefiDecompressLib/BaseUefiDecompressLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseCacheMaintenanceLib/BaseCacheMaintenanceLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/DxeCoreHobLib/DxeCoreHobLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePeCoffExtraActionLibNull/BasePeCoffExtraActionLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiBootServicesTableLib/UefiBootServicesTableLib.inf [X64]
/Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.c:1530:19: error: passing an object that undergoes default argument promotion to 'va_start' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wvarargs]
  VA_START (Args, Iso639Language);
                  ^
/Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.c:1517:19: note: parameter of type 'BOOLEAN' (aka 'unsigned char') is declared here
  IN BOOLEAN      Iso639Language,
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiDevicePathLib/UefiDevicePathLib.inf [X64]
                  ^
1 error generated.
make: *** [/Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib/OUTPUT/UefiLib.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
    make tbuild [/Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
    /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 15:35:56, May.24 2018
Build total time: 00:00:06

o_Ops, ./ebuild.sh exited with error(s), aborting..
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

I also removed the BuildCloverConfig.txt and src folder with no luck.

• Like 2

I get the following error:
Spoiler  
Build_Clover script v4.8.4                                  No update available.
By Micky1979 based on Slice, apianti, vit9696, Download Fritz, Zenith432,
STLVNUB, JrCs,cecekpawon, Needy, cvad, Rehabman, philip_petev, ErmaC
Supported OSes: macOS X, Ubuntu (16.04/16.10), Debian Jessie and Stretch
                              CLOVER    Remote revision: 4498    Local revision: 4498
EDK2    Remote revision: 27236    Local revision: 27213
The current local EDK2 revision is the suggested one (27213). 
Used settings: /Users/cyberdevs/BuildCloverConfig.txt 
                              Please enter your choice: 
 1) update Clover only (no building)
 2) update Clover + force edk2 update (no building)
 3) run my script on the source
 4) build existing revision (no update, for testing only)
 5) build existing revision for release (no update, standard build)
 6) build existing revision with custom macros enabled
 7) enter Developers mode (only for devs)
 8) Try Clover Configurator Pro.app
 9) edit the configuration file
 10) Exit
? 5
Select the desired architecture
                                   1) Standard x64 only
     2) ia32 and x64 (ia32 is deprecated)
     3) ia32 only (deprecated)
     4) Back to Main Menu
     5) Exit
? 1
Select the desired pkg type
                                   1) Standard
     2) slim pkg that skip themes and CloverThemeManager.app
     3) slim pkg that skip themes and CloverThemeManager.app, updater and PrefPanel
     4) slim pkg UEFI only, without RC Scripts, themes & CTM, updater and PrefPanel
     5) Back to Select architecture menu
     6) Exit
? 1
Running from: macOS 10.13.4
Xcode 9.3
Build version 9E145
Compiler settings
                              Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr --with-gxx-include-dir=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.13.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 9.1.0 (clang-902.0.39.1)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin17.5.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin
BUILDTOOL is XCODE8
nasm check:
                              NASM version 2.13.03 compiled on Feb  7 2018
gettext check:
                              found gettext at /Users/cyberdevs/src/opt/local/bin
mtoc check:
                              mtoc found in /Users/cyberdevs/src/opt/local/bin.
Loading previous configuration from /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Conf/BuildEnv.sh
WORKSPACE: /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2
EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/BaseTools
CONF_PATH: /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Conf
Build start time: 15:35:48, May.24 2018

Architecture(s)  = X64
Active Platform          = /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/AptioFixPkg/AptioFixPkg.dsc
Processing meta-data . done!
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiHiiServicesLib/UefiHiiServicesLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiRuntimeServicesTableLib/UefiRuntimeServicesTableLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseRngLib/BaseRngLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/AptioFixPkg/Platform/AptioInputFix/AptioInputFix.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/AptioFixPkg/Application/CleanNvram/CleanNvram.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/AptioFixPkg/Application/VerifyMsrE2/VerifyMsrE2.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/AptioFixPkg/Platform/AptioMemoryFix/AptioMemoryFix.inf [X64]
- Done -
Build end time: 15:35:50, May.24 2018
Build total time: 00:00:02
boot6
                              TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/cyberdevs/src/opt/local
MTOC_PREFIX: /Users/cyberdevs/src/opt/local/bin/
NASM_PREFIX: /Users/cyberdevs/src/opt/local/bin/
NASM_VER: 2.13.03
Building from: /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2
Running edk2 build for CloverX64 using the command:
build  -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED --conf=/Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Conf -D USE_LOW_EBDA -p Clover/Clover.dsc  -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 9 
Build start time: 15:35:50, May.24 2018

Architecture(s)  = X64
Active Platform          = /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.dsc
Flash Image Definition   = /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.fdf
Processing meta-data .... done!
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseReportStatusCodeLibNull/BaseReportStatusCodeLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/OpensslLib/OpensslLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiMemoryLib/UefiMemoryLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellDebug1CommandsLib/UefiShellDebug1CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellInstall1CommandsLib/UefiShellInstall1CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellDriver1CommandsLib/UefiShellDriver1CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellLevel3CommandsLib/UefiShellLevel3CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellLevel1CommandsLib/UefiShellLevel1CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellLevel2CommandsLib/UefiShellLevel2CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/DxeNetLib/DxeNetLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellBcfgCommandLib/UefiShellBcfgCommandLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellCommandLib/UefiShellCommandLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiHandleParsingLib/UefiHandleParsingLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellNetwork2CommandsLib/UefiShellNetwork2CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellNetwork1CommandsLib/UefiShellNetwork1CommandsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellLib/UefiShellLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiFileHandleLib/UefiFileHandleLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiScsiLib/UefiScsiLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/VideoBiosPatchLib/VideoBiosPatchLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/MemLogLibDefault/MemLogLibDefault.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePciLibCf8/BasePciLibCf8.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePciCf8Lib/BasePciCf8Lib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/OsxBdsPlatformLib/PlatformBds.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/GenericBdsLib/GenericBdsLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/LzmaCustomDecompressLib/LzmaCustomDecompressLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/CustomizedDisplayLib/CustomizedDisplayLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/DxePcdLib/DxePcdLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiBootManagerLib/UefiBootManagerLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiSortLib/UefiSortLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/UefiHiiServicesLib/UefiHiiServicesLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/DxeSecurityManagementLib/DxeSecurityManagementLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/DxeCapsuleLibNull/DxeCapsuleLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/VarCheckUefiLib/VarCheckUefiLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/AuthVariableLibNull/AuthVariableLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/TpmMeasurementLibNull/TpmMeasurementLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/DxeServicesTableLib/DxeServicesTableLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseSynchronizationLib/BaseSynchronizationLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/VarCheckLib/VarCheckLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiRuntimeLib/UefiRuntimeLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/DxeHobLib/DxeHobLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/CpuExceptionHandlerLibNull/CpuExceptionHandlerLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/DebugAgentLibNull/DebugAgentLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/DxeServicesLib/DxeServicesLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/DuetTimerLib/DuetTimerLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/DxeExtractGuidedSectionLib/DxeExtractGuidedSectionLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePeCoffGetEntryPointLib/BasePeCoffGetEntryPointLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Clover/Library/VBoxPeCoffLib/VBoxPeCoffLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePerformanceLibNull/BasePerformanceLibNull.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseUefiDecompressLib/BaseUefiDecompressLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseCacheMaintenanceLib/BaseCacheMaintenanceLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/DxeCoreHobLib/DxeCoreHobLib.inf [X64]
Building ... /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePeCoffExtraActionLibNull/BasePeCoffExtraActionLibNull.inf [X64]
/Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.c:1530:19: error: passing an object that undergoes default argument promotion to 'va_start' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wvarargs]
  VA_START (Args, Iso639Language);
                  ^
/Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.c:1517:19: note: parameter of type 'BOOLEAN' (aka 'unsigned char') is declared here
  IN BOOLEAN      Iso639Language,
                  ^
1 error generated.
make: *** [/users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib/OUTPUT/UefiLib.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
    make tbuild [/users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
    /Users/cyberdevs/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]
- Failed -
Build end time: 15:35:56, May.24 2018
Build total time: 00:00:06

logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
[Process completed]

I also removed the BuildCloverConfig.txt and src folder with no luck.
+1

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

+1

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I updated the Xcode from 9.3 to 9.3.1 and installed the toolchain, removed the clover files and src folder, updated the Build_clover-command to 4.8.5 and successfully built the r4499.

Spoiler

--------------------------
 Building process complete!

Build info.
 ===========
  Package name: Clover_v2.4k_r4499.pkg
  MD5:          ce92232d111d04e0bd695c493025824e
  Version:      v2.4k
  Stage:        v2.4k
  Date/Time:    2018-05-24 19:57:29
  Built by:     cyberdevs
  Copyright     2012-2018

adding: Clover_v2.4k_r4499.pkg (deflated 0%)
  adding: Clover_v2.4k_r4499.pkg.md5 (stored 0%)
total 49888
drwxr-xr-x   9 cyberdevs  staff       288 May 24 19:58 .
drwxr-xr-x  15 cyberdevs  staff       480 May 24 19:58 ..
-rw-r--r--@  1 cyberdevs  staff  12605113 May 24 19:58 Clover_v2.4k_r4499.pkg
-rw-r--r--   1 cyberdevs  staff        68 May 24 19:58 Clover_v2.4k_r4499.pkg.md5
-rw-r--r--   1 cyberdevs  staff  12549370 May 24 19:58 Clover_v2.4k_r4499.zip
drwxr-xr-x   3 cyberdevs  staff        96 May 24 19:58 Resources
drwxr-xr-x   7 cyberdevs  staff       224 May 24 19:58 build
drwxr-xr-x   3 cyberdevs  staff        96 May 24 19:58 package
drwxr-xr-x   7 cyberdevs  staff       224 May 24 19:58 utils
build started at:
Thu May 24 19:56:54 +0430 2018
finished at
Thu May 24 19:58:24 +0430 2018

Done!

Thanks to @Philip Petev and the new source for the Build_Clover.4.8.5.command

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

I updated the Xcode from 9.3 to 9.3.1 and installed the toolchain, removed the clover files and src folder, updated the Build_clover-command to 4.8.5 and successfully built the r4499.

Reveal hidden contents

Building process complete!

Build info.
 ===========
  Package name: Clover_v2.4k_r4499.pkg
  MD5:          ce92232d111d04e0bd695c493025824e
  Version:      v2.4k
  Stage:        v2.4k
  Date/Time:    2018-05-24 19:57:29
  Built by:     cyberdevs
  Copyright     2012-2018

adding: Clover_v2.4k_r4499.pkg (deflated 0%)
  adding: Clover_v2.4k_r4499.pkg.md5 (stored 0%)
total 49888
drwxr-xr-x   9 cyberdevs  staff       288 May 24 19:58 .
drwxr-xr-x  15 cyberdevs  staff       480 May 24 19:58 ..
-rw-r--r--@  1 cyberdevs  staff  12605113 May 24 19:58 Clover_v2.4k_r4499.pkg
-rw-r--r--   1 cyberdevs  staff        68 May 24 19:58 Clover_v2.4k_r4499.pkg.md5
-rw-r--r--   1 cyberdevs  staff  12549370 May 24 19:58 Clover_v2.4k_r4499.zip
drwxr-xr-x   3 cyberdevs  staff        96 May 24 19:58 Resources
drwxr-xr-x   7 cyberdevs  staff       224 May 24 19:58 build
drwxr-xr-x   3 cyberdevs  staff        96 May 24 19:58 package
drwxr-xr-x   7 cyberdevs  staff       224 May 24 19:58 utils
build started at:
Thu May 24 19:56:54 +0430 2018
finished at
Thu May 24 19:58:24 +0430 2018

Done!

Thanks to @Philip Petev and the new source for the Build_Clover.4.8.5.command

Whatever is fixed your problem, it's not the script.

11 minutes ago, athlonreg said:

@SherlocksI build clover successfully by use the command

buildclover --edk2rev 27236

And my xcode version is 9.3

Didn't work for me.

Generating BootSectors

[NASM] boot0af.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0af

[NASM] boot0ss.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0ss

[NASM] boot0md.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0md

[NASM] boot1h.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1h

[NASM] boot1h2.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1h2

[NASM] boot1f32.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1f32

[NASM] boot1f32alt.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1f32alt

[NASM] boot1x.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1x

boot1x.s:188: error: short jump is out of range

boot1x.s:193: error: short jump is out of range

boot1x.s:204: error: short jump is out of range

boot1x.s:233: error: short jump is out of range

make: *** [/Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1x] Error 1

5 minutes ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Didn't work for me.

Generating BootSectors

[NASM] boot0af.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0af

[NASM] boot0ss.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0ss

[NASM] boot0md.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0md

[NASM] boot1h.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1h

[NASM] boot1h2.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1h2

[NASM] boot1f32.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1f32

[NASM] boot1f32alt.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1f32alt

[NASM] boot1x.s -> /Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1x

boot1x.s:188: error: short jump is out of range

boot1x.s:193: error: short jump is out of range

boot1x.s:204: error: short jump is out of range

boot1x.s:233: error: short jump is out of range

make: *** [/Users/michael/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1x] Error 1

Hi, i have encountered this error before, and i clone edk2 source from github, then cd the dir, use svn down clover source here, i replace ~/src/edk2/ to the new edk2 dir include clover, then use the script

buildclover --edk2rev 27236

This time, it works for me, you can try it:)

Hope to help you!

1 hour ago, Philip Petev said:

Whatever is fixed your problem, it's not the script.

It's reversion and reapplication of patches.  As I wrote in Clover Change Explanations for r4496, 4 patches were removed.  Whenever patches are removed, it is necessary to manually revert the applicable files in edk2 tree.  If a patch is added or changed, then merely copying the patches over edk2 tree is enough - but removing a patch it's not enough, because non-copying a non-existing file over an existing file, does not cause it to revert to its repository copy.

Also, the log by Cyberdevs shows edk2 rev 27213 being used while Clover 4496 and above requires either edk2 27233 and above or UDK2018 instead.

@Awesome Donkey: This kind of out of range by nasm is caused by old version of nasm not being able to successfully optimize the assembly after many passes to get the jump in range.  This source file boot1x.s assembles successfully with nasm 2.13.03 and its repository copy.  So check your setup.

Edited by Zenith432
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Slice said:

I want to ask script builders why we need these macros

ECP_SOURCE       = /Users/xxx/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EDK_SOURCE       = /Users/xxx/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EFI_SOURCE       = /Users/xxx/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
May be exclude them?

Is build.py, no way to remove them without patching it, anyway try this one: ebuild.sh.zip. The log is cleaner because most of the messages are disabled less then fatal errors. and ..for this reason compilation is also (a little) faster.

EDIT

to be more precise I guess those messages are printed until this is satisfied:

if "PACKAGES_PATH" in os.environ:

more info here: https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Multiple_Workspace

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 2